Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 03:31 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 03:31
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: LBS '19 (A)
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS (London) MBA Applicants (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi All,

I am contemplating applying for Round-3 for LBS. I have previously applied for INSEAD (result awaited). My question is whether Round -3 is equally competitive as R1/R2, particularly for international students. Secondly if one were to get accepted in R3, does one enough time between acceptance and joining to arrange for housing, financing and visa. THe results will be out in May and classes start in August.

My profile-
Industry- Pharma
Function- Analytics, Marketing
Experience- 5.5 years
International experience- Western EU countries- Nordic, Switzerland, France etc
Nationality- India
GMAT- 700 (Q 48, V 37)

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did anyone in R2 finish the Alumni interview or the video interview yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Applied R2, Just did my video interview and I'm pretty sure that's gotten me dropped

Got my in person interview next week, so will see if I can make up with that!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.52
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
I felt the exact same way about the video! I was praying for technical difficulties by the end of it. I read that your application isn't dinged for a bad video - can only hope that's true!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
lhsca08 wrote:
I felt the exact same way about the video! I was praying for technical difficulties by the end of it. I read that your application isn't dinged for a bad video - can only hope that's true!

Hi, yea it's good that they say they don't deduct points!!

Was the 2nd question behavioral question? Or could be something completely out of the blue? I'm freaking out lol
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fizzle wrote:
lhsca08 wrote:

Hi, yea it's good that they say they don't deduct points!!

Was the 2nd question behavioral question? Or could be something completely out of the blue? I'm freaking out lol

In the practice interview, both the questions are pretty random - I hope in the actual interview at least one of them is what they have stated "what will you gain at LBS that you won't gain at others" . Can anyone confirm?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.52
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
The first one was the question about LBS. My second question wasn't situational, but I have no clue how many potential questions they have in the bank.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Just curious how LBS is open on scholarships? Any estimates for granted amounts?
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Live4fun wrote:
Just curious how LBS is open on scholarships? Any estimates for granted amounts?

Great question, but unfortunately there is no specific answer. This varies quite a bit based on the quality of the application. I would focus on putting together the best application possible and if you want more specific guidance and a reasonable estimate of any scholarship opportunities, please send me your resume: scott@personalmbacoach.com

Good luck!

Best,
Scott
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Just finished my video! Birthday celebration on weekend messed up my sleeping pattern and I could not fall asleep, so decided to just wake up and do it! Completed at 6.30 AM haha

The first question was the one about what you can gain at LBS.
My second question was about potential problems that can arise in diverse study group.

Practice questions I got were about my favorite sports, restaurant, movie etc so I was expecting some random question, but the question turned out to be linked to LBS experience. No idea how other questions in the bank are like.

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I also got a similar question as fizzle "what is the biggest challenge in a diverse study group"?

Did anyone finish the alumni interview? How did it go?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Why we ask certain things in the application itself
A good thing to do before you fill in your application is to get a grasp of the different elements that make up an Executive MBA (EMBA) application and what the committee members are looking for whilst reading through the different parts. CV The first thing that we see when initially reviewing your application, is […]

Read the rest of this entry...
https://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/LBSAdmi ... Il2AUoC8zA
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: The Executive Assessment
  G M A T – four letters that often strike fear in to the hearts of busy executives looking to apply to Business School. The GMAT exam provides a detailed and specific assessment of an individual’s business academics, but the lengthy preparation and examination time can be prohibitive to executive candidates. Since March 2016, […]

Read the rest of this entry...
https://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/LBSAdmi ... Il2AUoC8zA
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.86
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
How are you all holding up? Only a few weeks until decisions are released.

On a related note, I saw on the LBS website recently that the GMAT average for the class of 2018 was 707. I think this is the highest it has been for any class at LBS? Interesting to see a pretty big uptrend (I think the previous two classes were 699, 701 or something in that range). Wonder what they are trending for 2019's class.

Anyway good luck to all the round 2 applicants and round 3 potentials - get your applications in. Gonna be an amazing class!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.88
WE:Marketing (Consumer Products)
Send PM
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6954 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts