Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 23:48 It is currently 06 May 2024, 23:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Other (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wisconsin (Madison) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
whittleman wrote:
Admitted with $$ from waitlist. Surprising. Wish my other waitlists convert too. 8-)

Congratulations! All the best for getting off those other waitlists :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wisconsin (Madison) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Did anyone enquire about the current internship scene at Wisconsin Madison for international candidates?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
keats wrote:
Did anyone enquire about the current internship scene at Wisconsin Madison for international candidates?

I think it really depends on your specialization. I applied for the ASAP and when I interviewed they made it sound like a lot of alumni brought internship opportunities to the program so there was a lot of internal support for internships. Then they said that the students work a lot more on their own to find their full time jobs.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
natesnyder wrote:
I think it really depends on your specialization. I applied for the ASAP and when I interviewed they made it sound like a lot of alumni brought internship opportunities to the program so there was a lot of internal support for internships. Then they said that the students work a lot more on their own to find their full time jobs.

I got the same impression when I interviewed and my specialization is real estate. However, one should be able to set themselves up for competitive offers through a successful internship and cultivating professional relationships over the two years. There are going to be a lot of recruiting events and other opportunities of which one can take advantage.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Guys, have a few queries, would be nice if all of you pitch in with your views -

Now, Ive been offered a good deal at Madison. I have a work experience of 5.5. years in the IT industry(quality assurance, business analysis and security analyst roles). Now I am transitioning into the SCM field.

1. What are the opportunities presented by the school in Supply Chain as far as recruiting for internships/full time offers is concerned? (Especially for internationals, notwithstanding the h1b sponsorship issue)?
2. How difficult is it for an IT guy to transition to the SCM field. I have no "relevant" experience, so would that be a huge disadvantage in terms of recruiting?
3. How have internationals fared this year or last year in terms of bagging full time offers. This statistic is important to international aspirants and these are not published in the website.
4. What are the major companies that recruit for SCM roles for internship/full time offers?
5. What are the transferable skills that can be projected for someone coming from the IT industry and wanting to switch to SCM??
6. Is there anything(certifications, online courses, acquiring skills in SCM) that we can do in the coming months before joining school so that we are in a better placed when companies recruit for internships? I have heard they typically come 2 months into the program, not enough time to be prepared.
7. Most importantly, how are the companies viewing international candidates during recruitment. Considering you have cleared the interview, do they still take you in, or do they fear that they may lose you in 1 year should the H1B not materialize. Are companies willing to take such "risk" and recruit internationals?

I would be glad if current students/aspirants/other informed persons throw light on the above questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Other (Consumer Products)
Send PM
I decided to accept my offer to Wisconsin-Madison. Excited to start school and hopefully I will see some of you there!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.28
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi,
I will be joining UW Madison this year. Congratulations everybody on your admit.

I have started a new https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students.

https://gmatclub.com/chat me at +91-9894962987, message me or post your numbers in the forum.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GPA: 3.71
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 630 Q49 V27
GPA: 3.24
WE:Analyst (Retail)
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73072 [0]
Given Kudos: 18915
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply

This discussion has been closed due to inactivity. Please start a new topic in the Business School Applications Forum if you have a similar question or a comment.

Thank you,
GMAT Club Moderator Team.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts