Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 05:52 It is currently 23 May 2024, 05:52
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3837 [0]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: NA
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Joseph: N
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73337 [1]
Given Kudos: 19004
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: No Score for Exam Pack 1 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
I would take test #2 (which will not be affected by this mishap) - that will be your 100% reliable test.

Then, you can you do a few things. One - you can reset the question banks and take the first test. if you run into a question you have solved already/seen already, then pick the same answer choice you did last time and wait 2 minutes for quant or 1 min:45 secs for verbal. In GMAT Prep it is not as much knowing the answers as rather the extra time that inflate the scores, so you must wait the time as you are taking the test (this is still not accurate since you will be resting here and there and that's not realistic but it is as good as you can get).

The GMAT Prep question bank is pretty large - more than a thousand questions between Q and V, so there is a chance you won't see that many repeats so your score won't be throw off all that much.

There are of course EP1 and EP2 with 4 additional tests....
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3837 [1]
Given Kudos: 182
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 540 Q45 V20
GPA: 2.49
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
No Score for Exam Pack 1 [#permalink]
Kudos
k1414 wrote:
Also, just to add to HKD1710, I don't believe there is a way to get the score back from this attempt. It's unfortunate, as next time you do it you will see some repeat questions, and so the prediction won't necessarily be accurate of your current ability.

yes. the repeat questions might inflate the score. so here is the order in which CATs should be taken:
CAT-4 (exam pack-1)
CAT-5 (exam pack-2)
CAT-6 (exam pack-2)
CAT-3 (exam pack-1) - essentially a repeat but not much inflation if Gaurav did not analyse the first attempt then he wouldn't remember the questions and answers by this time.

As these are official CATs that predict the most reliable scores, Attempt to these should be spread out well in the entire prep time. so depending on prep time, following order can help:
CAT-4 (exam pack-1)
MGMAT (CAT-1)
CAT-5 (exam pack-2)
MGMAT (CAT-2)
CAT-6 (exam pack-2)
MGMAT (CAT-3)
CAT-3 (exam pack-1)
MGMAT (CAT-4) (there are total 6 MGMAT CATs though)

This way total 8 CATs that can keep telling the aspirant about his progress :thumbup:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 4645 [1]
Given Kudos: 128
Send PM
Kudos
Here is official answer:

Quote:
Ending your exam early
To end a practice exam early:
1. Click the End Exam link at the bottom left of the exam screen, note that this is only visible on question pages
2. You will be asked to confirm that you want to end your exam. Click the Yes button.
3. Finally, you will be asked if you want to be able to continue the exam later:
• Clicking Yes will save the responses you've already given so that you can continue the exam later.
• Clicking No will mark the exam as finished and you will not be able to return to it. To take the exam again, you will need to click the Reset button in the Take a practice exam screen.
A No score button in the Take a practice exam screen shows that you exited an exam early and chose not to save your responses.

As mentioned above, do not reset - start exam 2 to avoid seeing the same questions.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: NA
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Joseph: N
Send PM
To provide some more information, Exam Pack 1/2 have fewer questions to pull from in their bank than do the (2) free exams. For this reason, it is important to understand that you are unlikely to get as realistic of a score as you would should you reset the free exams after completing them. BB's advice on taking the average time per question and answering the same answer for these questions is spot on though.
Current Student
Send PM
Thank you everyone. This is very helpful. I was wondering, why did it happen? I wanted to check my performance only for Quant and Verbal. But I guess that was a mistake. Is there a way I can check my performance only for a particular section ?

I have another query. My exam is scheduled for Dec 06. I plan to write mocks every Sat, ie on Nov 11, 18, 25 and Dec 2 to check my progress. I have one free mock (exam 2). May be I'll write exam 1 again in 2-3 week. I don't remember most of the exam 1 questions / answers, as I was not able to do the analysis. I need suggestions for other Saturdays. Which other reliable exam packs should I buy ?

Thanks in advance. regards,
Current Student
Send PM
agarwalgaurav81 wrote:
Thank you everyone. This is very helpful. I was wondering, why did it happen? I wanted to check my performance only for Quant and Verbal. But I guess that was a mistake. Is there a way I can check my performance only for a particular section ?

I have another query. My exam is scheduled for Dec 06. I plan to write mocks every Sat, ie on Nov 11, 18, 25 and Dec 2 to check my progress. I have one free mock (exam 2). May be I'll write exam 1 again in 2-3 week. I don't remember most of the exam 1 questions / answers, as I was not able to do the analysis. I need suggestions for other Saturdays. Which other reliable exam packs should I buy ?

Hi Everyone, any view on the above please ?

Thanks & regards,
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4685 [2]
Given Kudos: 639
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
No Score for Exam Pack 1 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
agarwalgaurav81 wrote:

1. The GMAT itself needs all sections to be completed. Maybe they're just trying to make the GMATPreps reflect that. If you want to check your score for only quant and verbal, click your way through the AWA and IR sections. Just don't end the exam early.

2. In the topic title, you've mentioned "Exam Pack 1", but in the thread (and in the screenshot), I see "Exam 1". The GMATPrep comes with 2 free practice tests (Practice Tests 1 & 2). If you are looking for more tests, exam packs 1 & 2 (with 2 exams each) should be at the top of your list.
Current Student
Send PM
AjiteshArun wrote:
agarwalgaurav81 wrote:

1. The GMAT itself needs all sections to be completed. Maybe they're just trying to make the GMATPreps reflect that. If you want to check your score for only quant and verbal, click your way through the AWA and IR sections. Just don't end the exam early.

2. In the topic title, you've mentioned "Exam Pack 1", but in the thread (and in the screenshot), I see "Exam 1". The GMATPrep comes with 2 free practice tests (Practice Tests 1 & 2). If you are looking for more tests, exam packs 1 & 2 (with 2 exams each) should be at the top of your list.

Thank you Ajitesh for your response. By EP1, I meant exam 1. I later realized my mistake.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 509 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.31
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
agarwalgaurav81 wrote:
Hi,
I wrote my first mock today. I completed the Quants, Verbal and IR section and ended the test before the AWA, as I wanted to skip that section.

I know I didn't do as expected, but not sure why my exam score was not generated.

Can anyone please guide, how can I check my performance?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Attachment:
exam pack 1.JPG

You need to attempt all the sections to get a score. You can press next continuously without solving any problem and guessing answers.
GMAT Club Bot