Last visit was: 09 Jun 2024, 07:50 It is currently 09 Jun 2024, 07:50
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [15]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V155
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73540 [0]
Given Kudos: 19086
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
I am feeling a little bit nervous about certification for the entry language requirement. I speak another language fluently, but I have rarely written in native script (latin script is often used instead). The certification exams seem to use native script.

Have some time to learn but not a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2018 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
dusky wrote:
I am feeling a little bit nervous about certification for the entry language requirement. I speak another language fluently, but I have rarely written in native script (latin script is often used instead). The certification exams seem to use native script.

From what I understand, we don't need any certification for our Native language. Check out INSEAD's language policy document and the FAQs.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
Send PM
akshat70 wrote:
dusky wrote:

From what I understand, we don't need any certification for our Native language. Check out INSEAD's language policy document and the FAQs.

The problem is that my Native language is English. This is for my second language proficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dusky wrote:
akshat70 wrote:
dusky wrote:

The problem is that my Native language is English. This is for my second language proficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh alright. But I'm guessing there would be a lot of applicants who only speak English given that it's their native language and so widely accepted everywhere. Will they have to learn a second language before entering?

For you it'll be relatively easier since you already know a second language, you just need to sort out the script

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
What's the yield rate for round 1? Also total number offered vs those who enroll? I'm waitlisted so this is very important to know where I am. Thx.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
aj2428 wrote:
What's the yield rate for round 1? Also total number offered vs those who enroll? I'm waitlisted so this is very important to know where I am. Thx.

I recall reading that it's quite high (as high as 80%) but the source is dubious and yield rates vary across intakes. As a waitlisted applicant too, my advice is to forget about these details as the yield rate, even for our intake, is only part of the picture of who gets an offer from the waitlist. Our time/effort is better spent working on other applications.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
So is it better for me to give up on insead? Are chances really low for me now?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
aj2428 wrote:
So is it better for me to give up on insead? Are chances really low for me now?

There's a chance for all of us, but agonizing over it doesn't seem to be an enjoyable or productive way to pass the time. Spend time finishing your applications before the round 2 deadlines which in itself will keep your mind off the waitlist limbo.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hey folks
Had an urgent query, I was trying to upload transcripts and additional documents and reading FAQs. Is it sufficient to upload transcripts or is it also mandatory to deliver the hard copies of documents to school bfr R2 deadline?

Also any difficulties faced by anyone in uploading pdf transcripts? ( any limit on file size)

Looking forward to reply :sad:

Shivani
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 78
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Kudos
GmatBawse wrote:
Hey folks
Had an urgent query, I was trying to upload transcripts and additional documents and reading FAQs. Is it sufficient to upload transcripts or is it also mandatory to deliver the hard copies of documents to school bfr R2 deadline?

Also any difficulties faced by anyone in uploading pdf transcripts? ( any limit on file size)

Looking forward to reply :sad:

Shivani

"For us to start processing your application, the transcripts may be either uploaded in the section “Supporting Document” available in the menu on the left (scanned copies) or sent to INSEAD via post by the applicant or by the academic institution directly."
They will later need originals for those who have been accepted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
I'm busy finalising my application to submit hopefully on Tuesday but have a question on the video component.

Am I correct in saying that technically I'll have 48 hours after the deadline (i.e. 29th Nov) to complete the video essays, so basically until the 1st? How long does it take to complete this section?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 164 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi all

Could I confirm that there will be 4 questions for the video interview component?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V39
Send PM
Hi guys,

I will start in Singapore next September. Based in Belgium.

I was already accepted last year (round 2), but Insead wanted me to have one more year of experience.

Congratz to all admitted!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 126 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Regarding the video essays, yes there are 4 questions.
The time it takes for you to practice/ finish them solely depends on you.
In my case, I probably spent 4hours practicing the interface before I jumped to the actual questions. For the actual questions, you can finish in less than 30 minutes.
Good luck !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 752
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Alanaleee wrote:
I had been avoiding these sorts of forums in case I didn't make the cut, but got a call yesterday to say I'm in! So excited. Starting in Singapore in September.

Congrats Alanaleee.. Mind Sharing your profile??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM