Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:16 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Send PM
Re: Ask Personal MBA Coach [#permalink]
Expert Reply
bokachele wrote:
Hi,
So, I did my MBA in HR from one of the borderline premier institutes in India.
Currently am a HR Manager working with a major sales and distribution firm in India. My role is of HR Business partnering for sales division of an entire state.
Prior to this, post my engineering I had 2 years of solid work ex with a major battery manufacturing firm in the role of product development.
I plan to take the GMAT and go for a second MBA with the sole purpose of transitioning my career out of HR, preferably into general management or strategy.
My query is, would my workex in HR be a major hurdle in getting admitted in the top B schools? Are professionals with work ex in HR given a differential treatment?
Also, will my workex in HR be detrimental to the career transition that I am planning to make while getting a job post the MBA?
Please help!

I havent found any examples of people with HR workex getting into the top B schools. would be great if someone shares such profiles.
Also can anyone guide me regarding whom or where should I talk with regarding my queries?

Here is my profile:
X-92%
XII- 85%
Btech from National Institute of Technology India - 7.31 CGPA
2 years of work ex in New product development role in major battery manufacturing firm. (Market Leader)
MBA in HR from borderline premier institute in India
3-4 years of work ex as HR manager in HR Business Partner role.

TIA :)

Thank you for your detailed profile post. How many years of total work ex do you have? It looks like 5-6 years + MBA? Getting a 2nd MBA is definitely done and your HR experience will not hurt you. In fact HR and organizational development are important areas of focus so you could add to the class. Now it isn't the same background as a management consultant so we would have to pick the right schools. Feel free to reach out with other questions or if you want to explore collaborating together.

Good luck!

Best,
Scott
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hello Sir/Ma'am,

I'd like to kindly request you to evaluate my candidacy for Full-time MBA programs for the Class of 2021. Below is a brief description of my profile.

Background:
Ethnicity: Indian
Current age: 24 years
GMAT: Target 760 (Scored ~700 on mocks after a month of preparation)

Education:
Business graduate from a Tier 1 business management undergraduate college in India (Top 0.1% selected out of ~30,000 applicants based on a written aptitude test)
GPA: 63.3% on a percentage scale

Work Experience: ~3.5 years (4+ years at the time of applying)

1. Analyst, Ernst and Young in Gurgaon (India)
Duration: June 2014 – June 2016 (2 years)

-Member of the Ethics and Integrity Due Diligence Team - worked on 70+ due diligence engagements spanning across various sectors over 2 years

-Key engagements include:
Conducted pre-investment due diligence for one of the largest Indian e-commerce companies looking to acquire a popular online recharge portal for USD 467 million
Conducted pre-investment due diligence for a leading private equity firm on a USD 34 million investment in a real estate firm
20+ similar high profile engagements for leading private equity clients

-Received the KUDOS award in July 2015, awarded for consistent superior performance amongst peers in the year-end appraisal
-Received multiple emails of appreciation from the Partner and Senior Managers for exemplary performance on various projects

2. Co-Founder, Garment Manufacturing Company
Duration: July 2016 – Present
The garment manufacturing company is based in India and is engaged in manufacturing women’s winter accessories such as shrugs, ponchos, stoles, capes, mufflers, gloves and caps, among others as well as women's summer tops and dresses.

I started the company with my mother who works as the production and operations head and my father who works as the CEO of the firm. I directly manage a team of ~10 people, heading the business development and marketing functions.

-We have grown to 80+ clients (retail outlets) across India with an annual turnover of INR 6 million in ~2 years.
-We sell on various e-commerce websites which amounts to an annual turnover of INR 500,000.
-We aim to increase our customer base to 150+ clients with an annual turnover of INR 15 million over the next year.

Internship:
Worked with the strategy consulting team at KPMG India for six weeks during the summer before the final year of undergrad

Extra-curricular:
Strong volunteering experience spanning 5+ years at a specially abled children's school, old age home, juvenile prison as well as experience of teaching less fortunate children.

Letters of Recommendation:
1. Senior Manager at Ernst & Young with whom I had a direct reporting relationship over my stint of two years at the firm.
2. Top billing client with four retail outlets – have been dealing directly with the client since inception of the garment company.

Post-MBA goal:
Business development/Strategy role at an early/growth stage startup.

I would be highly grateful if you could guide me with the following queries:

1. Please evaluate my candidature for top 20 US schools as well as top 5 schools in Europe.

2. Please suggest areas where I can improve my profile over the next year before I apply to schools in September 2018.

Thank you very much!
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBAaspirant1993 wrote:
Hello Sir/Ma'am,

I'd like to kindly request you to evaluate my candidacy for Full-time MBA programs for the Class of 2021. Below is a brief description of my profile.

Background:
Ethnicity: Indian
Current age: 24 years
GMAT: Target 760 (Scored ~700 on mocks after a month of preparation)

Education:
Business graduate from a Tier 1 business management undergraduate college in India (Top 0.1% selected out of ~30,000 applicants based on a written aptitude test)
GPA: 63.3% on a percentage scale

Work Experience: ~3.5 years (4+ years at the time of applying)

1. Analyst, Ernst and Young in Gurgaon (India)
Duration: June 2014 – June 2016 (2 years)

-Member of the Ethics and Integrity Due Diligence Team - worked on 70+ due diligence engagements spanning across various sectors over 2 years

-Key engagements include:
Conducted pre-investment due diligence for one of the largest Indian e-commerce companies looking to acquire a popular online recharge portal for USD 467 million
Conducted pre-investment due diligence for a leading private equity firm on a USD 34 million investment in a real estate firm
20+ similar high profile engagements for leading private equity clients

-Received the KUDOS award in July 2015, awarded for consistent superior performance amongst peers in the year-end appraisal
-Received multiple emails of appreciation from the Partner and Senior Managers for exemplary performance on various projects

2. Co-Founder, Garment Manufacturing Company
Duration: July 2016 – Present
The garment manufacturing company is based in India and is engaged in manufacturing women’s winter accessories such as shrugs, ponchos, stoles, capes, mufflers, gloves and caps, among others as well as women's summer tops and dresses.

I started the company with my mother who works as the production and operations head and my father who works as the CEO of the firm. I directly manage a team of ~10 people, heading the business development and marketing functions.

-We have grown to 80+ clients (retail outlets) across India with an annual turnover of INR 6 million in ~2 years.
-We sell on various e-commerce websites which amounts to an annual turnover of INR 500,000.
-We aim to increase our customer base to 150+ clients with an annual turnover of INR 15 million over the next year.

Internship:
Worked with the strategy consulting team at KPMG India for six weeks during the summer before the final year of undergrad

Extra-curricular:
Strong volunteering experience spanning 5+ years at a specially abled children's school, old age home, juvenile prison as well as experience of teaching less fortunate children.

Letters of Recommendation:
1. Senior Manager at Ernst & Young with whom I had a direct reporting relationship over my stint of two years at the firm.
2. Top billing client with four retail outlets – have been dealing directly with the client since inception of the garment company.

Post-MBA goal:
Business development/Strategy role at an early/growth stage startup.

I would be highly grateful if you could guide me with the following queries:

1. Please evaluate my candidature for top 20 US schools as well as top 5 schools in Europe.

2. Please suggest areas where I can improve my profile over the next year before I apply to schools in September 2018.

Thank you very much!

Thank you for the very detailed profile evaluation! I just have a couple questions and then I can give you a complete evaluation.

1) What school did you go to? The school is very important as 63 is low
2) Have you taken any extra graduate level classes since graduating?

On the surface I think the lower end of top 20 could be reasonable for you, with the main thing holding you back from higher schools being the undergrad grades.

I recommend taking extra classes to show you can cut it in graduate school.

Best,
Scott
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 4
WE:Brand Management (Retail)
Send PM
Hello Personal MBA Coach,

Kindly review my profile and share your valuable inputs.

Profile: I completed my graduation in Fashion designing from one of the top 3 colleges in Asia in 2014 with a CGPA of 7.43. I have been working with the biggest apparel organization in India for past 4 years. Have a healthy work experience across 2 different roles.

Extra-curricular: I am a national level athlete and I am regularly involved in different sports.
Have also won national level quiz competitions. Have been involved with couple of NGOs during my college days.

GMAT (Oct’2017) : 700 (Q-50, V-34, IR-8, AWA-5).

Areas of interest : 1) General Management, 2) Marketing

I need your help in deciding which colleges I should apply.

Should I target US B schools for either R2 this year or R1 next year ? Employment after completing MBA is an important criterion to decide which schools to apply. From few current students I have heard really negative reviews regarding job scenario for international MBA students in US. The situation is not bright in even top 15 colleges. Under the current geo-political situation, will it be a viable option to try for any US school?

With my profile, should I apply in NUS and INSEAD? What are the job scenarios post MBA in Singapore?

Also, I will be looking for a scholarship. Earlier I was targeting top 15 US B schools. Though my profile is extremely unique, my GMAT score is on a lower side. Being from India would go against me. Are there any colleges in top 15 where I can expect admission with scholarship?

I am okay to give GMAT again and if required then wait for one year before applying.

My first shortlist of colleges is below. Should I apply to any of these colleges in R2?
1. Kellogg,
2. Ross,
3. Fuqua,
4. NUS, and
5. ISB

Kindly review my case. Also please let me know if you need any other input to review my candidature. Thanks!
Send PM
Expert Reply
Somnath1234 wrote:
Hello Personal MBA Coach,

Kindly review my profile and share your valuable inputs.

Profile: I completed my graduation in Fashion designing from one of the top 3 colleges in Asia in 2014 with a CGPA of 7.43. I have been working with the biggest apparel organization in India for past 4 years. Have a healthy work experience across 2 different roles.

Extra-curricular: I am a national level athlete and I am regularly involved in different sports.
Have also won national level quiz competitions. Have been involved with couple of NGOs during my college days.

GMAT (Oct’2017) : 700 (Q-50, V-34, IR-8, AWA-5).

Areas of interest : 1) General Management, 2) Marketing

I need your help in deciding which colleges I should apply.

Should I target US B schools for either R2 this year or R1 next year ? Employment after completing MBA is an important criterion to decide which schools to apply. From few current students I have heard really negative reviews regarding job scenario for international MBA students in US. The situation is not bright in even top 15 colleges. Under the current geo-political situation, will it be a viable option to try for any US school?

With my profile, should I apply in NUS and INSEAD? What are the job scenarios post MBA in Singapore?

Also, I will be looking for a scholarship. Earlier I was targeting top 15 US B schools. Though my profile is extremely unique, my GMAT score is on a lower side. Being from India would go against me. Are there any colleges in top 15 where I can expect admission with scholarship?

I am okay to give GMAT again and if required then wait for one year before applying.

My first shortlist of colleges is below. Should I apply to any of these colleges in R2?
1. Kellogg,
2. Ross,
3. Fuqua,
4. NUS, and
5. ISB

Kindly review my case. Also please let me know if you need any other input to review my candidature. Thanks!

Somnath,

Thank you for the profile post. I will give my initial thoughts but I need a bit more information. For instance on the work experience you mention it was "healthy" with two different roles. I am afraid that is really vague and doesn't actually tell me what you do and how you would compare to other applicants. Kindly provide more details or email me your resume. This is rather important for the process.

Based on your background, this list appears a bit aggressive. The undergrad GPA is low and GMAT is low for an Indian applicant. ISB and NUS could be good options, but it would be more of a stretch for you to get in and get scholarships at the other schools and this includes INSEAD.

In terms of job prospects, they are quite good! It is a lot of hype that so far has not translated into anything different. Half of our clients are international students and a large % of them stay in the US and work. You would want to target a larger firm but that hasn't changed in recent years.

I suggest either retaking the GMAT or targeting a slightly lower set of schools in the US. You could apply this year or next year.

Best,
Scott
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GPA: 4
WE:Brand Management (Retail)
Send PM
Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will definitely help me a lot.
in my first role I was working as a product manager. My key responsibility was to work on the brand's offering from concept till the final product reaches store. More like a brand management function. In my second role I am working as a planner and need to manage front end sales.
Though my background has been into fashion industry till now, i want to do my masters in General Management. I believe this will make me eligible for job across different industries. This is one of the primary reasons I am considering a two year course as of now. Also, I have had no international experience.

I can't take GMAT before Spring, so should I apply in NUS in this round? It is definitely not as fancy an option as Kellogg/Fuqua but has lot of potential in current time. Also, can you suggest how much time will it take to work on application for NUS, individually and with a consultant.
Will be great if you can shed some light on what are the criteria one should consider while deciding a consultant for a specific college.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Somnath1234 wrote:
Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will definitely help me a lot.
in my first role I was working as a product manager. My key responsibility was to work on the brand's offering from concept till the final product reaches store. More like a brand management function. In my second role I am working as a planner and need to manage front end sales.
Though my background has been into fashion industry till now, i want to do my masters in General Management. I believe this will make me eligible for job across different industries. This is one of the primary reasons I am considering a two year course as of now. Also, I have had no international experience.

I can't take GMAT before Spring, so should I apply in NUS in this round? It is definitely not as fancy an option as Kellogg/Fuqua but has lot of potential in current time. Also, can you suggest how much time will it take to work on application for NUS, individually and with a consultant.
Will be great if you can shed some light on what are the criteria one should consider while deciding a consultant for a specific college.

Somnath,

You are most welcome. Thank you for the additional context. I recommend applying when you are ready, but in terms of which round I would need to fully explore your profile first.

Regarding the criteria. Here are a few things to think about:

- MBA: Does the consultant have an MBA and from what school?
- Model: Are you working with the founder / have access to the founder or are you assigned a part-time consultant
- Track record: How long has the consultant worked? How many applicants has he/she gotten in and to what schools
- Fit: A lot of this comes down to fit. I pick my clients just as much as clients pick me. The fit should be really comfortable and the only way to tell is to get on the phone

These are just a few things among many that you can consider

Good luck and reach out if you want to explore this further.

Cheers,
Scott
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations to everyone who is getting acceptances today! It is a very nerve wracking and hopefully exciting time for everyone. For those of you applying in round two, the time will come. For now, heads down with the applications!

Best,
Scott
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 577 [0]
Given Kudos: 198
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
Deleted

Originally posted by Luckisnoexcuse on 21 Dec 2017, 04:42.
Last edited by Luckisnoexcuse on 09 Jan 2018, 07:47, edited 1 time in total.
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Luckisnoexcuse wrote:
Please evaluate my profile and suggest points of improvement and my chances at the below-listed schools

Male
Nationality : Indian
GMAT : 740 (Q51 V38 IR 6 AWA 5)

Grad: Masters in Business Economics (Delhi University) with Marketing & Quantitative Techniques in Business as Dual Majors (Second Division)
- Elected Placement Team Member. Ideated and launched double internship program.

UGrad : BTech in Computer Science & Engineering from CSA University (First Class)
- Elected Sports Secretary, Student Engineering Society.
- Self-financed undergraduate education through part-time employment and scholarships

Work Ex : ~5.5 Years (India)

Family Business. (Two-Wheeler Dealership of TVS with 12 sub-dealership franchise)
Office Manager, June-2017 – Present
-Increased monthly sales by 20% by organizing various campaigns (Youth Apache RR 310 roadshow, Local elections vote campaign) in Q4 2017.
-Reduced the average turnaround time of bike service by 20 minutes through optimizing the entire process and efficient resource allocation without degrading service quality
-Individually sold ~90 vehicles to potential customers along with handling the sales team of 4

BHARTI AIRTEL LTD. (Policy & Regulatory Division)
Manager, Oct, 2015 – May, 2017
Bharti Airtel is a global telecommunications company with operations in 17 countries. Report to VP of Regulatory (Policy) and was responsible for research, processes streamlining, & international regulatory.
-Saved $100m annual cost to the company by providing support to win legal case against Telecom regulator; by conducting benchmarking of regulatory service-quality parameters of 33 countries; conducting interviews of C-level legal & regulatory executives of top global telecom firms & key members of global telecom associations; analyzed and presented key findings to Airtel Executive committee. Received appreciation email from company’s founder.
-Identified a cost-saving opportunity to streamline the regulatory approval process of the company’s telco infra in India; led a cross-functional (in-house & external) team of 10 in implementing the solution which resulted in 70% cost-reduction. Spoken as the most innovative initiative in the year in industry.
-Improved the efficiency of international regulatory filings by building a model that used data from 12 sources to identify improvement opportunities or flag delays.
-Managed, coached & mentored a team of three junior employees; Started and led the training session for entire legal & regulatory team on various primary and secondary research techniques.

DELOITTE US-INDIA PVT. LTD. (Advisory Division)
Associate, Nov, 2013 – Oct, 2015
-Devised market entry strategy into Sub-Saharan Africa for multi-million dollar media conglomerate seeking new inorganic growth opportunities in television broadcasting in Sub-Saharan Africa.
-Initiated the concept of ‘Deal Tracker Platform’ to help senior partners pitch their clients looking for investment/partnership opportunities in 6 industries across the globe.
-Member of USI-TMT(Technology, Media & Telecommunications) Club; Conducted cross-functional trainings on new cutting edge technologies and emerging trends in TMT sector.

ARANCA INDIA PVT. LTD. (Business Research Division)
Analyst, May, 2012 – Oct, 2013
-Engaged in market research, competitor assessment, industry benchmarking, best practice mapping, market trends, company profiles, feasibility / financial reports, ad-hoc research for the global clients.
-Conducted training sessions for various online databases to the new management recruits.

OTHER:
- Started “The Declutter Campaign” to promote donation of unused household items to the underprivileged people
- Strong follower of Dota 2 (online multiplayer strategy game)

Post MBA goals : Management Consulting in Big 4/MBB (Sector - TMT) ---> Head of corporate strategy (Telecom firm) ---> Chief Strategy Officer (Global Telecom Corporation)
Interested in : General Management and Leadership

PS: Shifted from Airtel to Family Business to support my father's health issues (Underwent operation, etc. and is perfectly fine now)
Target Schools:
Kellog
Sloan
Ross
Fuqua

Stern
UNC
McCombs
Tepper
LBS
Kelley
Said

Luckisnoexcuse (by the way I love the name),

Thank you for your post! You have a strong background and I think this is a great list of schools. You are applying across a spectrum which is important especially with your demographic. I used to work at Deloitte and help a lot of folks from the firm and I would be happy to explore further. My suggestion would be to target schools in this range. Perhaps think about whether you want to be in Europe or the US as well, but we can discuss that.

Working for the family business is a nice add, though I would like to explore the financials there further.

Reach out if you want to explore further. scott@personalmbacoach.com

Best,
Scott
Send PM
Expert Reply
Happy New Year! I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday season.

I am getting a lot of questions these days about whether you are truly ready to submit a R2 app or whether you should wait. While this really depends on your situation, I often advise that you trust your gut. It won't hurt you if you re-apply and that is the good news. Then again you don't want to submit something really poor since it will sit in your file for a future year. If you think you can do better, you are probably better off trying to do better!

Good luck everyone as you wrap up the R2 applications.

Best,
Scott
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi. I am considering doing an mba and I would be most grateful for any feedback on my profile.

Background and nationality: British national (parents from pakistan but I have only ever been a British national.)

Education: Masters in math (MSc degree) from a top 20 ranked university in UK. Achieved 65% overall. I got 87% in my thesis.
The big downside to my application is my undergraduate degree. I did it at a very low ranked university in the uk and I only got a 2:2. My undergraduate was also in maths.

But I'm hoping my MSc offsets my poor undergraduate.

GMAT: 780

Work experience and leadership:
Since graduating I did an internship and then worked for a management consulting firm in the Strategy and Research Division. I then did an internship for the European Space Agency. After this I interned at a boutique bank in the Investment Banking Division.
For the last year and a half I have been working for the Government. I have been delivering and implementing government policy at the front line.

Community and others:
I am a personal advisor to the CEO of a very well-known management consulting firm in London. I do this around my Government job.
I have recently co-founded a charity which I am in the process of launching. It has got the relevant backing and should start gaining traction very soon.

My target schools are Harvard, Wharton and MIT.

I would be most grateful for an evaluation of my chances.
Send PM
Expert Reply
seekingmba93 wrote:
Hi. I am considering doing an mba and I would be most grateful for any feedback on my profile.

Background and nationality: British national (parents from pakistan but I have only ever been a British national.)

Education: Masters in math (MSc degree) from a top 20 ranked university in UK. Achieved 65% overall. I got 87% in my thesis.
The big downside to my application is my undergraduate degree. I did it at a very low ranked university in the uk and I only got a 2:2. My undergraduate was also in maths.

But I'm hoping my MSc offsets my poor undergraduate.

GMAT: 780

Work experience and leadership:
Since graduating I did an internship and then worked for a management consulting firm in the Strategy and Research Division. I then did an internship for the European Space Agency. After this I interned at a boutique bank in the Investment Banking Division.
For the last year and a half I have been working for the Government. I have been delivering and implementing government policy at the front line.

Community and others:
I am a personal advisor to the CEO of a very well-known management consulting firm in London. I do this around my Government job.
I have recently co-founded a charity which I am in the process of launching. It has got the relevant backing and should start gaining traction very soon.

My target schools are Harvard, Wharton and MIT.

I would be most grateful for an evaluation of my chances.

Thank you for the detailed post. I'll break it down for you:

Good news:
- GMAT (of course)
- Pakistani
- Co-founded charity (and kudos, I did this as well when I was your age)
- Personal advisor to CEO (let's discuss further!)

Bad news:
- 2:2
- Work experience is not the most consistent

We work with a lot of Pakistani applicants each year and I can compare you to others in London. The 2:2 hurts but 780 helps to offset that for sure! I would love to see your full resume to evaluate your work experience further. Please send that across. I think you have a good profile to apply to these schools based on what I see but let's analyze a bit further! scott@personalmbacoach.com

Best,
Scott
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Hi...pls evaluate my profile. Thanks in advance.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering with 76.2% from National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur (Got admitted to this college by being in top 1%ile of the entrance examination)
GMAT- 650 ( Q-49, V-28, IR-4 AWA 5)

Post MBA Goals: I wish to have a career in Strategy Management after my MBA.

Further reasons for doing MBA is as follows :-

a. Better MBA experience - Diversity, pedagogy, international exposure .
b. Better Career Opportunities after MBA
c. Change in work location

Work Exp :
I have a total experience of 65 months with Siemens Limited
Key Highlights of Work exp:
• I am part of the project management team,which handles EPC(Engineering Procurement Construction) Projects with Government customer.
• My job involves handling services and supply of a project along with correspondence with vendors and customer.
• My job involves problem solving on a daily basis with respect to the issues on my project sites.
• I have experience of working with international vendors for example Siemens Germany,which is my parent company and also vendors from China, Netherlands.
• I am leading a team of 8 people, which includes 3 people at office and 5 at project site.
• I have spent 2 years at various project sites,which includes isolated places in the country,far away from any city and have led a team of 40-45 workers.
• My profile involves forecasting and planning of revenues and collections for my project and also resource management.
• I am a certified quality manager in projects.
Awards and Recognition:
• Received 'Star Puraskar' award for closing the project both technically as well as commercially.
Extra-Curricular Activities:
• Sports
 I was the Captain of my college football team which won the INTER NIT Football Tournament held at NIT Rourkela.
I was part of the team that was the finalist in the Football Tournament held at ISM Dhanbad.
I was part of the team that was the finalist in the Football Tournament held at IIT kharagpur.
I was the team leader of my branch,which won the annual athletics championship held in our college.
I was part of the college Athletics Team
I was the college 200 Meter running champion for 2 consecutive years.

• Organizer

I was in the core committee of the team that organized the annual athletics tournament held in our college for 3 consecutive years.
I was part of the team that organized the annual techno management fest
I was part of the team that organized the annual cultural fest.
Send PM
Expert Reply
thaks25 wrote:
Hi...pls evaluate my profile. Thanks in advance.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering with 76.2% from National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur (Got admitted to this college by being in top 1%ile of the entrance examination)
GMAT- 650 ( Q-49, V-28, IR-4 AWA 5)

Post MBA Goals: I wish to have a career in Strategy Management after my MBA.

Further reasons for doing MBA is as follows :-

a. Better MBA experience - Diversity, pedagogy, international exposure .
b. Better Career Opportunities after MBA
c. Change in work location

Work Exp :
I have a total experience of 65 months with Siemens Limited
Key Highlights of Work exp:
• I am part of the project management team,which handles EPC(Engineering Procurement Construction) Projects with Government customer.
• My job involves handling services and supply of a project along with correspondence with vendors and customer.
• My job involves problem solving on a daily basis with respect to the issues on my project sites.
• I have experience of working with international vendors for example Siemens Germany,which is my parent company and also vendors from China, Netherlands.
• I am leading a team of 8 people, which includes 3 people at office and 5 at project site.
• I have spent 2 years at various project sites,which includes isolated places in the country,far away from any city and have led a team of 40-45 workers.
• My profile involves forecasting and planning of revenues and collections for my project and also resource management.
• I am a certified quality manager in projects.
Awards and Recognition:
• Received 'Star Puraskar' award for closing the project both technically as well as commercially.
Extra-Curricular Activities:
• Sports
 I was the Captain of my college football team which won the INTER NIT Football Tournament held at NIT Rourkela.
I was part of the team that was the finalist in the Football Tournament held at ISM Dhanbad.
I was part of the team that was the finalist in the Football Tournament held at IIT kharagpur.
I was the team leader of my branch,which won the annual athletics championship held in our college.
I was part of the college Athletics Team
I was the college 200 Meter running champion for 2 consecutive years.

• Organizer

I was in the core committee of the team that organized the annual athletics tournament held in our college for 3 consecutive years.
I was part of the team that organized the annual techno management fest
I was part of the team that organized the annual cultural fest.

Thank you for your detailed post. How have you enjoyed your role at Siemens? I did a project there when I was in consulting pre-MBA. The biggest thing you should do is focus on GMAT. The reality is that as an Indian applicant with a 650 GMAT it will be very hard for you to crack the top 20 at all. If you are looking at a school with an average GMAT of 700 then you should target 720-730 in order to be competitive. The work experience is ok though what matters the most is current title and # of promotions. I see a lot of EC activities in college but what about since?

I suggest some 1:1 tutoring to help with the verbal. If you are interested let us know. If you prepare on your own, invest a lot of time in that as the 28 is a red flag right now. Good luck!

Best,
Scott
Send PM
Expert Reply
To everyone waiting for Wharton invites, good luck!! For those of you who will be invited, we offer group mock interviews with either myself, a Wharton grad, or a former M7 interviewer. See below for details!

https://www.personalmbacoach.com/interview-prep

Best,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Greetings!

I am planning to apply for MBA program in next year, I need to evaluate my profile and will be thankful if you'll help me with that!

My brief profile:
Nationality - Georgia
Age- 27
Sex - M
Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration

Work experience - 7 years
Including global insurance company (Vienna Insurance Group) as a head of sales group
launched my company which was selling building materials
Was Plenipotentiary representative in matters related to the Black Sea Port projects of Georgia
Business adviser to head of economic development office at Tbilisi city hall (capital of Georgia)
Head of financial and economic office (at one of the city hall's NNLE)
shareholder of the company which is trading different infrastructure materials
I was leading several analytic groups during the elections for certain political party.

Have great references (including politicians; CEOs of financial institutes e.t.c.)

I have not taken GMAT test yet, but planning to get from 650-700

Main problem for me is my GPA, which is 2.63. the reason, I had some problems in my family during my student life.

My target MBA schools are: IE, IESE, ESADE, Oxford (Said), Cambridge (judge).

Also I am not looking for scholarships, I can finance my tuition fees by my self (I do not know if it will help me)

So please can you tell me if I have chances to get admission in one of these schools with this low GPA?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  36