Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 07:33 It is currently 14 May 2024, 07:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 491 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 550 Q37 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 3: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V32
GMAT 5: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 4613 [0]
Given Kudos: 128
Send PM
Re: Need a laptop for school [#permalink]
Check out www.laptopmag.com, you can set the requirements and it will show the options with reviews.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
yes you can buy Online and do this thing only when it's legal of your school
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I would try to find laptops that fit your criteria, even if they might be above you price range. Then you can check sites like TechRadar which usually show good deals for various tech items around the web for each month. I would also recommend checking out Amazon Prime prices because they offer some really nice warranties sometimes.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Please do not buy a Dell computer. I purchased the XPS 13 6 months ago and it has crashed 3 times already. Each time I had to
reinstall the operating system, thereby deleting everything stored on my laptop - files, pictures -everything. I would have lost
it all if I did not have cloud storage. Technicians could not help me retrive backup files from the hard drive.
To make matters worse, they asked me to pay more money above the basic warranty which I had already paid for to "fix" the issue, which
they could not do successfully. The first time it happened I was told it was a one-off event. That was a blatant falsehood. This is
the third time this has happened. I spent countless hours on the phone over several days, wasting so much time trying an
inordinate number of steps to no avail. Dell refused to give me a refund, replacement or exchange despite my "premium"
warranty. To add insult to injury, they claimed they would send someone over to fix it in 2-3 days! Being
that technicians don't work on the weekend and they have no emergency response. For a business school student, one cannot afford
to have no laptop for 3 days. Please do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a laptop.
Buying a Dell laptop is like throwing your money away or gouging out your eyes for no good reason. Complete torture. The warranties they offer
are pointless and do not protect customers. You will regret buying a Dell laptop. If you value your sanity, health and well-being, just
don't do it. Their consumer laptops do not work as advertised, fail unexpectedly and customer service is extremely unhelpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Can’t go wrong with Lenovo E550. On Newegg right around 600. Super powerful and no bloatware. That’s what I bought for my MBA.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
It is based on your domain. If yours is tech/programming, go for Mac. Otherwise, just buy a notebook like envy 13 or zenbook 13 for normal tasks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
mbaadmit2017 wrote:
Please do not buy a Dell computer. I purchased the XPS 13 6 months ago and it has crashed 3 times already. Each time I had to
reinstall the operating system, thereby deleting everything stored on my laptop - files, pictures -everything. I would have lost
it all if I did not have cloud storage. Technicians could not help me retrive backup files from the hard drive.
To make matters worse, they asked me to pay more money above the basic warranty which I had already paid for to "fix" the issue, which
they could not do successfully. The first time it happened I was told it was a one-off event. That was a blatant falsehood. This is
the third time this has happened. I spent countless hours on the phone over several days, wasting so much time trying an
inordinate number of steps to no avail. Dell refused to give me a refund, replacement or exchange despite my "premium"
warranty. To add insult to injury, they claimed they would send someone over to fix it in 2-3 days! Being
that technicians don't work on the weekend and they have no emergency response. For a business school student, one cannot afford
to have no laptop for 3 days. Please do yourself a favor and look elsewhere for a laptop.
Buying a Dell laptop is like throwing your money away or gouging out your eyes for no good reason. Complete torture. The warranties they offer
are pointless and do not protect customers. You will regret buying a Dell laptop. If you value your sanity, health and well-being, just
don't do it. Their consumer laptops do not work as advertised, fail unexpectedly and customer service is extremely unhelpful.

I absolutely agree with you. I have had terrible experiences with my Dell laptop. High-end line, sluggish, and too many daily update from DELL. Awful!!!
Intern
Intern
Status:«Every day can not be good, but there is something good in every day»
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I use DELL XPS 13 for my studies. So far I am very satisfied.
If you're looking for one of the most refined and revitalised laptops on the market, look no further than the impressive Dell XPS 13, which we consider the money-no-object best student laptop going today.

When it comes to performance you won’t be left wanting, thanks to its super slick 8th-generation Intel Core i5 – i7 CPU, while you can game lightly with the Intel UHD Graphics 620 graphics card.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Video Calling [#permalink]
Facetime is a best app as you can add up to 32 people at a time in a single call, so all your friends can join the calling group with you.When it comes to making crystal clear voice and video calls, FaceTime is the only preference of thousands of Americans.

facetimeforpc.io
GMAT Club Bot
Video Calling [#permalink]