Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 03:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 03:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request - 740, PayPal, BITS Pilani [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you, alphaAbhishek123. I appreciate your kind words!

In terms of differentiation, I would point again to the second "paragraph" in my response:

"You work at a very well regarded and recognizable company, you have international experience with that company, your work has touched many interesting parts of the firm, and the experience aligns well with your career goals. You also seem to have active interests and extracurricular involvement."

The potential for differentiation lurks within each of the elements I've listed there. Unpack your experience at PayPal. Unpack your international experience. Unpack the work you've done collaborating with people in different countries and parts of the part, and across various business / technological / creative disciplines. Unpack your interests and extracurricular involvement. Have well reasoned, specific, coherent, and well researched career goals. Showcase the passion and purpose that underlies your goals and the impact you hope to have on the people and communities around you.

None of that is easy, but you have seemingly have some nice raw material to work with. Telling your story (in each of the areas and along the lines I've articulated above) is very much the essence of the application process, storytelling process, and essay-writing process. I would naturally be happy to help you work on developing that story and crafting the essays. You can sign up for a Free Consultation via this link: https://www.avantiprep.com/free-consultation.html.

Please also be on the lookout for forthcoming "summer specials" that will run for about two weeks. Those specials will include a $30 per hour discount on Hourly Services, $250 to $750 discounts on Tier 2 Packages, and $500 to $1,000 discounts on Tier 3 Packages. You can read more about those Services here: https://www.avantiprep.com/services.html

Best Regards,
Greg

alphaAbhishek123 wrote:
Thank you so much for your thoughts!

I forgot to mention that I am one of the few in my organization to have received a promotion within 2 years of service.

With that said, I understand that just chasing my 5 target schools is too big of a risk. I will definitely apply to more Tech-centric schools. I am also determined to apply (and get in) to the 2019 batch. Any thoughts on how I could differentiate myself from the Indian-IT male category?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation Request - 740, PayPal, BITS Pilani [#permalink]