Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 07:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [11]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
Alphaseeker1989 wrote:
I have applied for regular entry on October 3, ... any sense when do interview invites start rolling out for regular entry applicants?

The regular entry applications are reviewed ONLY AFTER all ED applications are done. Say Mr./Ms. X submitted in July and was the very first applicant to submit for RD and Mr./Ms. Y was the last applicant to submit the application for ED (on the deadline). Now, X's application will be reviewed AFTER Y's application is reviewed. Typically that means that the review for RD applicants will start in mid-November.

If this doesn't curb your anxiety, you can do the math and arrive at the tentative time when you can expect your application to be reviewed :crazy: Else, just sit back and relax. CBS e-mails the candidates before they start reviewing the RD applications. ;) Now, since you submitted on 3rd, chances are that it will take another 2-3 weeks for your application to be reviewed. I am guessing that your application may be reviewed in November last or December first week at the earliest.

Hope that helps. :) Or maybe it doesn't :grin: All the best :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
Long time lurker, first time poster - was accepted recently - thank you all for the help this community has provided!

Admitted students, have you received any communication from the school after paying your deposit? I got a status update thanking me for my payment but have not heard about any next steps. I can also see my email on my status page but haven't got access to it yet.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
schrute2020 wrote:
Long time lurker, first time poster - was accepted recently - thank you all for the help this community has provided!

Admitted students, have you received any communication from the school after paying your deposit? I got a status update thanking me for my payment but have not heard about any next steps. I can also see my email on my status page but haven't got access to it yet.

Congrats! Here I've started a new thread for admits to connect and discuss next steps.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 79127.html
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
schrute2020 wrote:

Congrats! Here I've started a new thread for admits to connect and discuss next steps.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/calling-all- ... 79127.html

You are quick :thumbup: I was going to ask you to create the admit thread.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: CBS '21 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
schrute2020 wrote:

It was similar for me - status update/email saying thank you for paying the deposit.
The only strange thing is - I received an email from CUIT Computer Accounts, which said "Your email is currently being forwarded from **4604@columbia.edu to *****21@gsb.columbia.edu. Please be advised that Columbia will stop forwarding email to that address on 11/12/2018" and a whole bunch of other things.

Has anyone received something similar?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
serganter wrote:
schrute2020 wrote:

It was similar for me - status update/email saying thank you for paying the deposit.
The only strange thing is - I received an email from CUIT Computer Accounts, which said "Your email is currently being forwarded from **4604@columbia.edu to *****21@gsb.columbia.edu. Please be advised that Columbia will stop forwarding email to that address on 11/12/2018" and a whole bunch of other things.

Has anyone received something similar?

I did not get anything like, though I did get an email from the Hermes society about how a current student would reach out to answer questions in the coming weeks.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Just got dinged. Sigh... the other schools aren't looking so rosy either.
I don't know what went wrong
GMAT: 740
Undergrad GPA: 67/100
Grad: 3.67/4.3
Timeline
Submitted 9/19
Completed 9/27
Dinged 10/18

Good luck to those still in the game.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V38
Send PM
Application submitted 9/30

Originally posted by OneTimeOnly on 18 Oct 2018, 12:02.
Last edited by OneTimeOnly on 01 Dec 2018, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 307 [0]
Given Kudos: 273
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 630 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V37
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.25
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hello there,
I see on CBS website 3 essays, but I don't see that I hace to send them my resume, and what are requirements. In which document should I send my career path? Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '21 (D)
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
Send PM
Kudos
Completed app 9/27, notified of rejection via email and portal today 10/19.

UG GPA: 2.7, GMAT: 700.
I realized my undergrad GPA was low, but I had moved from the US to Europe and the Middle East at the age of 2, returned to the US for college at the age of 16. My entire education had been in French prior to college (French baccalaureate) and my first year in college is what caused my GPA to be low (I was also adapting from a small private french school to a huge undergrad college - UT Austin school of Engineering). I speak 5 languages and moved around in 5 countries growing up (the US, France, Switzerland, Lebanon, Turkey- I'm half Lebanese, half Turkish). I've been a software engineer and product manager at some of the best tech companies and also helped build a healthcare tech startup as part of the founding team, wearing many different hats including raising money, hiring, operations, building a team, strategic partnerships, etc. I've had 7-8 years of experience and have grown a lot (I'm 28). My GMAT was lower than their average but (45 Q, 41 V, 8/8 IR, 6/6 AWA) because I stressed myself out so much over the GMAT to offset my undergrad GPA, but I'd hoped my Quant skills could have been reflected in my extensive tech experience. My essays and rec were extremely strong and my goal was to transition to tech Venture Capital after my tech and entrepreneurial experience. In the end of the day I'm sad and CBS was essentially my only choice but I won't give up and will consider re-applying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
Hero8888 wrote:
Hello there,
I see on CBS website 3 essays, but I don't see that I hace to send them my resume, and what are requirements. In which document should I send my career path? Thanks.

If I interpret your question correctly, you upload your resume in the online application portal once you start a profile...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Kudos
Recently admitted. 2.5 weeks from submission to interview invite; 2 days from interview feedback to the call.

This forum has been incredibly helpful - so PM me if you want more details on any part of the process, happy to help.

Best of luck to those still going through the process.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
suitandtie wrote:
Recently admitted. 2.5 weeks from submission to interview invite; 2 days from interview feedback to the call.

This forum has been incredibly helpful - so PM me if you want more details on any part of the process, happy to help.

Great! Congratulations! :clap: When did you submit?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
suitandtie wrote:

Congrats! Did you apply Early Decision?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
sclear wrote:
suitandtie wrote:

Congrats! Did you apply Early Decision?

Yep ED - submitted mid-Aug.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM