GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2018, 07:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in November
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Columbia MBA Admits - (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Calling all Columbia MBA Admits - (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2018, 01:49
Congrats to all Admits! This thread is for you to discuss any post-admit aspects. Let's connect here and start helping each other! We can talk about next steps, funding, moving to NY, welcome weekend etc.

Full Time

J-Term

EMBA

Columbia Business School Pre-MBA World Tour - website
The CBS World Tour is an optional, self-funded trip that is organized each year by volunteers from the upcoming Columbia Business School class.
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Admits - (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2018, 01:50

Helpful Posts from Previous CBS Admit Threads

Initial Deposit
skyblueseven wrote:
18967mba wrote:
Hello Class of 2019!
Congratulations to all!

Quick question about the ED Deposit of $6000 to be paid to CBS...
I'm a domestic candidate and selected wire transfer as my method of payment. However, I'm confused as to who the 'beneficiary' is when putting in transfer details... is it Wells Fargo bank or Columbia University?

Additionally, if I have accepted my online reply form by putting in Wire Transfer as the method of payment... can I pay by check instead now or should I call admissions and make them aware.

This should be so simple, I feel silly asking these questions!

Thanks in advance! :) :)

No worries - I had the same question when I was wiring my deposit. I feel the instruction on the web page could have been more clear. I am international and I put Columbia University as the name of the beneficiary. The transfer went through fine without any issue. I think the account does belong to Wells Fargo but as long as you have the correct routing number and account number it should be fine.

As for changing the method of payment - I think it's fine as long as you let them know.

Re Vera
arjuns247 wrote:
CBSplz wrote:
Hi all!

When does "Re Vera" appear on the to-do list? I've submitted my ED deposit, still no background checks on my timeline.. Does everyone go through one?

What's the consensus on pre-MBA tour vs pre-MBA internship? 8-)

I received the "Re Vera" task on my to-do list - I was admitted in August, but I doubt that matters. I submitted the release and payment for the "Re Vera" background check and let my recommenders know that they may be contacted. This may have been too early since I don't plan on quitting till next June....oh well :)

In regards to pre-MBA tour vs. pre-MBA internship, I think those are two distinct programs. Pre-MBA tour trips for CBS, I believe, include multiple trips that occur between May and August before Fall Term. I plan on going to 1-3 trips (likely 1-2 because I will so painfully in debt once MBA loans kick in). Pre-MBA internships can be done in addition to the pre-MBA tour trips (assuming you don't choose a trip /trips that overlap); however, from my research, pre-MBA internships more likely than not will need to be brokered through a connection / your network. There are official programs, but they are very selective so there is no guarantee. Personally, I would do one if it'll be a great AND different learning experience, but aside from that, the advice I've gotten is to enjoy the stress-free months before CBS takes over your life (in a good way).

Pre-MBA Travel
anon44444 wrote:
moxie1 wrote:
ck98 wrote:
Maybe a bit early to start talking about this...but have other people started to think about plans before next Fall? Anybody thinking about pre-MBA internships, travel, etc... and when do you think you'll be leaving your current job?

I haven't started thinking yet but I definitely will as the new year starts. The CBS pre-MBA world tour sounds awesome from what I've read about previous years.

I'd like to finish my job around late May/early June, but I think saving money may convince me to work slightly longer...

Yup, i'm leaving my job end of March and then moving to part time until school starts. Have an italy trip planned and hoping to get a few more in. The summer of anon4444 is about to be legit af.

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '21 (M)
GRE 1: Q166 V164
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Admits - (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2018, 05:57
Hey guys! Join the Slack group for admitted students here:

https://join.slack.com/t/cbs2021/shared ... TcwZWI0NTA

There are already quite a few people in there (although it is a bit quiet).
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2018, 05:27
When is the deadline to the pay deposit fee?
BSchool Forum Moderator
G
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE: Design (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2018, 19:59
vivekreddy2016 wrote:
When is the deadline to the pay deposit fee?

The detailed instruction regarding how and by when to pay the deposit should be in the admit e-mail from CBS.

12345aBcDeFgHiJkLmNoPqRsTuVwXyZ67890

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 4
Calling all Columbia MBA Admits - (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2018, 06:07
Hi all! Very excited to have been admitted. Now onto figuring out how I'm going to afford it.. Does anyone know when we should expect ot receive information about scholarships / fellowships?
Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.66
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 07:30
Any Whatsapp / Slack group for the admitted students yet ?? The Slack link given here does not seem to be working
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS '21 (M)
GRE 1: Q166 V164

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2018, 07:43
Hey! The link expired. Try this:

https://join.slack.com/t/cbs2021/shared ... 2FjOGJkMWI

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Columbia MBA Admits - (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! &nbs [#permalink] 16 Nov 2018, 07:43

Calling all Columbia MBA Admits - (2019 Intake) Class of 2021!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap