Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:31 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [11]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
guys, do you have any idea about TOEFL requirement for Cornell University for MBA? Thanks__
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Kudos
AsadAbu wrote:
guys, do you have any idea about TOEFL requirement for Cornell University for MBA? Thanks__

A piece of advice: post that question to the Cornell thread instead.
arbybee wrote:
AsadAbu wrote:

A piece of advice: post that question to the Cornell thread instead.

Actually, I mistakenly post it here. Thanks__
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.85
Send PM
Hi - just received an interview invite, much earlier than I expected. I applied on December 10, so its been less than a month.. I guess they got through a lot of applications during the holidays.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
libiem2 wrote:
Hi - just received an interview invite, much earlier than I expected. I applied on December 10, so its been less than a month.. I guess they got through a lot of applications during the holidays.

libiem2

Thanks for the update. You can read some of the previous interview experiences in this link https://gmatclub.com/forum/columbia-190 ... brief.html

Please also update you Columbia status to "Invited to interview" using this link https://gmatclub.com/forum/columbia-190 ... acker.html
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
If we did not receive scholarship information in the offer letter does that mean we did not get anything?

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
CBS DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Invited to interview, 23 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:720 (Q48 V41), GPA: 3.97, Industry: Accounting, WE 43, heard via: email
  • Denied, 24 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q44 V41), GPA: 3.8, Industry: Entertainment and Sports, WE 84, heard via: portal_update

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
I submitted my app a few weeks ago, and I’m curious about the time CBS will spend reviewing it. Would someone who recently received an interview invite be willing to share when you submitted your app and when you received an interview invite?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
HNIC wrote:
I submitted my app a few weeks ago, and I’m curious about the time CBS will spend reviewing it. Would someone who recently received an interview invite be willing to share when you submitted your app and when you received an interview invite?

I applied right around Christmas and received an interview invite a week ago. I don't think there's a set time frame for review though, so don't make yourself crazy
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gingered wrote:
HNIC wrote:

I applied right around Christmas and received an interview invite a week ago. I don't think there's a set time frame for review though, so don't make yourself crazy

Received the invite yesterday. Thnx for your reply!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all

I had applied to CBS MBA program on Jan 4th. The status still says submitted. Just had one query - if the status is submitted, does that mean that the adcom has not yet seen my application or is there chance that they have viewed my application, but decided not to send an invite for interview. If they have viewed my application and decided not to invite for interview, when would they send the final decision of rejection/ waitlist. Earlier round applicants - request you to throw some light on the process followed.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
CBS DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Invited to interview, 24 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:700 (Q48 V38), GPA: 3.91, Industry: Other, WE 72, heard via: email
  • Invited to interview, 44 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q47 V46), GPA: 3.9, Industry: Military & Defense, WE 63, heard via: email

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
PavanJain wrote:
Hi all

I had applied to CBS MBA program on Jan 4th. The status still says submitted. Just had one query - if the status is submitted, does that mean that the adcom has not yet seen my application or is there chance that they have viewed my application, but decided not to send an invite for interview. If they have viewed my application and decided not to invite for interview, when would they send the final decision of rejection/ waitlist. Earlier round applicants - request you to throw some light on the process followed.

PavanJain

I guess the "Submitted" status means just what it says. It doesn't mean either the adcom hasn't seen it or they have seen it but decided not to send an interview. I don't think you should assume any such thing.

HNIC

Can you tell us what your application status says since you are invited to interview?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
workout wrote:
PavanJain wrote:
Hi all

PavanJain

I guess the "Submitted" status means just what it says. It doesn't mean either the adcom hasn't seen it or they have seen it but decided not to send an interview. I don't think you should assume any such thing.

HNIC

Can you tell us what your application status says since you are invited to interview?

Thanks.

Mine says «Invitation to interview» after I press open application. As far as I could tell, it went straight from submitted to ITI.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Send PM
Hey everyone. Its nearing a month since the merit fellowship deadline has passed, so I wanted to see if anyone who applied Jan. 4 has heard back yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Kudos
mtn7 wrote:
Hey everyone. Its nearing a month since the merit fellowship deadline has passed, so I wanted to see if anyone who applied Jan. 4 has heard back yet?

I applied Jan 3 and heard back the 24th. I hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BlacknYellow wrote:
mtn7 wrote:

Were you notified via email when you got a merit scholarship?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V45
GRE 1: Q168 V170
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Kudos
arbybee wrote:
BlacknYellow wrote:
mtn7 wrote:

Were you notified via email when you got a merit scholarship?

I originally applied in mid-October and just heard about a fellowship award (about half tuition) just within the last two weeks. I got a phone call and then an email afterwards.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts