Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 20:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 20:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 211 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
Schools: CUHK '21 (II)
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 221
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.6
WE:Sales (Transportation)
Send PM
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake! [#permalink]
Kudos
GMATbuster92 wrote:
Hi
Can anyone share the HKU MBA essay questions

Please provide below a statement explaining why you are interested in doing this programme, why you are suitable for it and the value of the MBA programme to your future career.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all University of Hong Kong (HKU MBA) Applicants: 2019 Intake! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
aaksii wrote:
GMATbuster92 wrote:
Hi

Please provide below a statement explaining why you are interested in doing this programme, why you are suitable for it and the value of the MBA programme to your future career.

Thank you! Essay analysis and tips for HKU essays posted anywhere?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 147
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
WE:Sales (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
Can someone guide for more insights on the best courses of this bschool?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 221
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 600 Q41 V32
GPA: 3.6
WE:Sales (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
aaksii wrote:
GMATbuster92 wrote:
Hi

Thank you! Essay analysis and tips for HKU essays posted anywhere?

I haven't been able to find any essay analysis or tips specific to HKU MBA. They have a Skype chat on Thursdays which one can register for and speak to admissions team.

Infact I am trying to find out whether 2 professional or one academic and one professional MBA would be better, in case you have any idea?
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
aaksii wrote:
I haven't been able to find any essay analysis or tips specific to HKU MBA. They have a Skype chat on Thursdays which one can register for and speak to admissions team.

Infact I am trying to find out whether 2 professional or one academic and one professional MBA would be better, in case you have any idea?

Nope dude! :) They (HKU adcom) used to visit our chat rooms and interact with applicants earlier. It all has stopped since last couple of years and since then attending their Skype chats is the only way to get answers to questions like this.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Admits have started rolling out. Anyone else get admitted?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Can someone please post their interview debrief ???

Manager
Manager
Send PM
seetohey wrote:

Can you please share your interview debrief

Intern
Intern
Send PM
UM1 wrote:
seetohey wrote:

The interview was literally just standard introduce yourself, why now, why MBA, why HKU type questions. Since I have quite a bit of work experience, a lot of their questions centered around why I'm pursuing an MBA now rather than years earlier. This part lasted around 18 minutes. The last 12 minutes were me asking them questions. The whole interview lasted pretty much exactly 30 minutes for me.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
seetohey wrote:
UM1 wrote:
seetohey wrote:

The interview was literally just standard introduce yourself, why now, why MBA, why HKU type questions. Since I have quite a bit of work experience, a lot of their questions centered around why I'm pursuing an MBA now rather than years earlier. This part lasted around 18 minutes. The last 12 minutes were me asking them questions. The whole interview lasted pretty much exactly 30 minutes for me.

Can we ask that employment related questions also ? When they ask if we have any questions for them ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
seetohey wrote:
UM1 wrote:
seetohey wrote:

Did they ask you industry specific questions also ?
Also, can we ask them employment related questions when they ask us if we have questions for them ? What did you ask them ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
UM1 wrote:
Also, can we ask them employment related questions when they ask us if we have questions for them ? What did you ask them ?

They didn't ask me any industry specific questions. I asked about internships during the program and challenges of finding employment post-MBA.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
seetohey wrote:
UM1 wrote:

They didn't ask me any industry specific questions. I asked about internships during the program and challenges of finding employment post-MBA.

I have clearly written that I want to come back to India after my MBA. Should I stick to this story or say it's my preference however I am also flexible at the same time?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
UM1 wrote:
seetohey wrote:
UM1 wrote:

I have clearly written that I want to come back to India after my MBA. Should I stick to this story or say it's my preference however I am also flexible at the same time?

You could stick to that story and say that's still your plan as of right now. Maybe mention that you're also keeping an open mind as going through an MBA program may lead to a change of plans since it may expose you to opportunities outside of your original area.
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
A new HKU-MBA Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-university-of-hong-kong-279/interview_debrief.html
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
UM1 wrote:
seetohey wrote:

UM1

You can see more interview debriefs here https://gmatclub.com/forum/the-universi ... brief.html
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anyone got an offer yet ?

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts