Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 19:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Own Kudos [?]: 1970 [2]
Given Kudos: 200
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GRE 1: Q167 V157
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Stern '21 (I)
Send PM
Re: Calling all NYU Stern Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021! [#permalink]
For those who have done interviews, have you guys heard back yet? Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Schools: Duke '21 (WA)
Send PM
prems1193 wrote:
Does anyone feel like this year’s number of invites is really lacking for round 1 based on last year’s numbers? Here’s hoping there’s still a big wave coming. Mine has has the “under review” status on the actual application for quite some time now

Yeah I actually, in what feels like a fever dream, calculated the interview invites from the Oct-Jan period last year and compared to this year and found, atleast until last week that they were less than half, on livewire. Now, more have come in last week (~6) which brings it closer to the halfway mark and I dont know how the 11/15 deadline changes things.

Either way, I dont feel hopeful anymore. NYU will be shutting shop for xmas break soon so I feel like all waves of R1 invites are out.

Anyone who can shed light on this, please do.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shah8 wrote:
prems1193 wrote:
Does anyone feel like this year’s number of invites is really lacking for round 1 based on last year’s numbers? Here’s hoping there’s still a big wave coming. Mine has has the “under review” status on the actual application for quite some time now

Yeah I actually, in what feels like a fever dream, calculated the interview invites from the Oct-Jan period last year and compared to this year and found, atleast until last week that they were less than half, on livewire. Now, more have come in last week (~6) which brings it closer to the halfway mark and I dont know how the 11/15 deadline changes things.

Either way, I dont feel hopeful anymore. NYU will be shutting shop for xmas break soon so I feel like all waves of R1 invites are out.

I gotta say Im with ya here, feeling the pain my friend! I thought I had a solid application for Stern, but have now lost hope even if the number of invites compared to last year are much lower. What can I say...good luck and lets stay hopeful.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 80
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
shah8 wrote:
prems1193 wrote:

Just out of curiosity does your application show the under review status still (on the actual application)? Mine is still showing that and I really don’t want to lost hope but it’s already Dec 7th :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
prems1193 wrote:
shah8 wrote:
prems1193 wrote:

Just out of curiosity does your application show the under review status still (on the actual application)? Mine is still showing that and I really don’t want to lost hope but it’s already Dec 7th :(

Mine still says submitted. It sucked so bad they didn’t even feel like opening my application?
Stern School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q37 V33
GPA: 3.13
WE:Operations (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
shah8 lol don't be so pessimistic, they're probably flooded with applications and are taking their time sifting through them.

Current Student
Send PM
Yeah I agree with madmax! Dont lose hope!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
prems1193 wrote:

Thanks guys.

But R2 applications have gotten invites so I don't understand how my application hasn't even been reviewed yet. It doesn't add up.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shah8 wrote:
prems1193 wrote:

Thanks guys.

But R2 applications have gotten invites so I don't understand how my application hasn't even been reviewed yet. It doesn't add up.

could be a glitch in the system. why dont you call them or send an email. im sure they would kindly explain why.

I completely lost hope this time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
Personally guys, I've given up hope on an interview invite. A few R2 interview invites have started trickling in... However, maybe wait list?? That's my last hope. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised as I thought my Stern application was great, and also I've gotten interview invites from Sloan and Haas. Stern was my top choice because of NYC and my post-career plan is entertainment, so I'm disappointed but super thankful I may get in other great schools. It just goes to show how sometimes it really is a random process and maybe adcom is specifically looking for a candidate like you, or the person who reviews your file really connects with you. In the end, I've learned it all happens for a reason, and hopefully its for the best. As tough as it is to accept....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Does anyone know if the acceptance rate for the January round is low compared to the other rounds? I know traditionally at most schools, R3 is damn near impossible to crack into. This is the 3rd round at Stern, but I know that there's one more round, too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: CBS '21 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Sydneyisthebest wrote:
Does anyone know if the acceptance rate for the January round is low compared to the other rounds? I know traditionally at most schools, R3 is damn near impossible to crack into. This is the 3rd round at Stern, but I know that there's one more round, too.

https://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/mba/mba ... ound-2018/
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 2.94
Send PM
Anyone still have hope from Round 1? My application has been "under review" on the portal for more than a month now with no update!
Current Student
Send PM
evobeatsti wrote:
Anyone still have hope from Round 1? My application has been "under review" on the portal for more than a month now with no update!

Same with mine! I don't know what to think considering it's mid December already. This is my second time applying and last year when I got a ding I never had that "under review status" prior.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
prems1193 wrote:
evobeatsti wrote:

Same with mine! I don't know what to think considering it's mid December already. This is my second time applying and last year when I got a ding I never had that "under review status" prior.

Last year when you applied did you apply in Round 1? When and how did you receive your rejection?
Current Student
Send PM
evobeatsti wrote:
prems1193 wrote:
evobeatsti wrote:

Last year when you applied did you apply in Round 1? When and how did you receive your rejection?

I received it the first week of December via email
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Just got an invitation to interview email! :)

Prior to today, my application screen pretty much looked the same and just said submitted. I never saw it change to under review -- but I also maybe only logged in once a week or so. Submitted for 11/15 Round 2 deadline.

Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just received my ding from Stern via email notification on change of status on the portal. Best of luck to everyone else!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts