Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:47 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: CBS '21 (M$)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1425 [1]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Re: Columbia Full Time MBA EA Score Range [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
classof2021mba

It's kind of an opportunity that Columbia allows the executive assessment they are the first full-time program to do so.

Many reasons to do the EA. First of all it's like GMAT light. It is simply not as difficult because it is designed for executives who have been out of school for some time. It really was designed to make sure that Executive MBA applicants will be able to cut through the Quant of the program.

In my opinion the fact that Columbia is accepting this assessment creates a bit of an opportunity because frankly there is no class average or known ranking for EA so it allows them to identify people who maybe have enough Quant for them to feel okay to admit them, BUT they don't have Stellar test scores that are going to bump up the overall ranking.

They want to cherry-pick for diversity and people who would add unique value to the class, but not take a hit on the numbers. This is the dirty little secret about alternative tests that are not yet disclosed. gaming the system basically.

As an admissions consultant I have to say I take complete advantage of this.

classof2021mba wrote:
HarvardGrad wrote:
I just took the EA today and received 154. Is this an acceptable score for Columbia Full Time MBA?

There is no one that knows the answer to this question as it's so new...

What made you take the EA rather than the GMAT?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [2]
Given Kudos: 89
Schools: Fuqua '23 (D)
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Kudos
Anyone here applied with executive assessment for full time ?
What was the score and any suggestions for an indian male engineer applying with an executive assessment ?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
fatnani, 153 was the average EA score at Booth last year per the class profile information on their official website. I would assume, any score above 160 should be ok but aim for a higher score if you think you have it in you in the second attempt if you fall short of your expectation in the first.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Kudos
I got into CBS with a 160 EA
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did you apply via early decision?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
HarvardGrad wrote:
Did you apply via early decision?

Yes, I did.

If curious to learn more, I wrote an article detailing the steps I took. Hoping it helps someone!

https://babainvesting.com/admission-to-top-mba
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Baba investing
I read your article on Reddit !
Good luck and thanks for the update .

Appreciate it

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
fatnani wrote:
Baba investing
I read your article on Reddit !
Good luck and thanks for the update .

Appreciate it

Hopefully you found it a little helpful! Thanks for taking the time to read it
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Send PM
How did you prep for EA
Just the questions ? What was your practice score Vs the original one

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
fatnani wrote:
How did you prep for EA
Just the questions ? What was your practice score Vs the original one

I never took a practice EA exam. I prepped for the EA by prepping for the GMAT, and took the EA for fun to be honest and ended up doing well.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: CBS '23 (D)
GPA: 3.2
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
fatnani wrote:
Anyone here applied with executive assessment for full time ?
What was the score and any suggestions for an indian male engineer applying with an executive assessment ?

Per an email I received from the Admissions Committee a couple weeks ago, CBS wants applicants to shoot for a 150 on the EA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm applying for CBS (leaning ED) with a 710 GMAT score (this has already been submitted to the school). I wrote this two years ago when I had a lot more free time to study and I've since changed jobs and will unlikely be able to rewrite it in time for R2 deadline.

This is the first time I'm learning about EA being accepted for a Full Time program, would you think it's advantageous for me to give it a shot and try to score higher than a GMAT equivalent of 710 (whatever that may be)?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Interesting. I received this exact sentence from CBS on 15 July 2021 regarding the EA for the fulltime program: "Thank you for your email. For the EA, we generally recommend that applicants aim for a score in the mid 150s and higher."

Above 150 vs mid-150s+ is very different percentile rankings...I would aim higher than just over 150 imo.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41 (Online)
Send PM
Kudos