Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 13:24 It is currently 06 May 2024, 13:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
Send PM
Re: Ivey (Western) Full Time MBA (2021 Intake) Class of 2022 [#permalink]
Congrats! Any advice on the interview?

rkjg94 wrote:
Hey Guys!

I am thrilled to inform that I have received an offer from Ivey for the 2021-2022 MBA program. I applied on July 13th (Round 3 Deadline). Got an Interview Invite on July 14th or 15th (can't remember) and had my interview on August 5th.

Overall the application and interview process was extremely streamlined. Ivey could not have been more helpful with any questions I had for them during this process.

Feel free to ask me anything.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
Send PM
rkjg94 wrote:
Russthemann wrote:
Nice job! Can you provide a profile review? How’d the interview go?

rkjg94 wrote:
Hey Guys!

I am thrilled to inform that I have received an offer from Ivey for the 2021-2022 MBA program. I applied on July 13th (Round 3 Deadline). Got an Interview Invite on July 14th or 15th (can't remember) and had my interview on August 5th.

Overall the application and interview process was extremely streamlined. Ivey could not have been more helpful with any questions I had for them during this process.

Russthemann The interview went well I believe. Mostly behavioral questions mixed with background questions. Canadian current affairs, why MBA and why Ivey. It flowed well and just felt good for the lack of better words.

Indian Male 25 Y/O
Undergrad Major - Mechanical Engineering, Minors: Economics, Management (Top 10 Engineering school in the US), GPA: 3.30
1 year internship experience in commercial vehicles industry. 2.5 year full time work experience after graduation in the automotive industry as a product development engineer (a lot of project management) in the US.

Extracurriculars: Aviation/Flying, Volunteer work as an executive committee member in a nationally recognized charitable organization in the US, Music Production (follow my soundcloud?? :D), riding motorcycles and competitive driving (time attacks and autocross)

GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35 IR6 (Online)
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V31 IR4 AWA5.5
GMAT 3: 650 Q49 V31 IR5 AWA4.0

I feel my below average GMAT and GPA were the weakest part of my profile. Gotta be at a 700+ (2 more attempts left well......)

Congrats! That’s awesome. Doesn’t seem that you needed the 700+ GMAT then. What do you think was your strongest asset that got you in? By your own admission your GMAT is below the average, but you must’ve stood out in another manner to get the green light.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Congrats on the admit rkjg94!

Looking forward to meet in London!

rkjg94 wrote:
Hey Guys!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: Ivey '22 (A$)
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
Send PM
Congratulations on the invite. Yeah, they seem to be heavily packed with applications. Don't have a number for you, but definitely more than the years gone by. If I were you, I wouldn't be perturbed by the number of applications - but simply on making sure the interview prep is on point.

Russthemann wrote:
Hey all, got my interview invite. 5 weeks away, September 14th. They must be quite stacked with applicants! Anyone know how many more applicants they've gotten compared to previous years? Pretty nervous just with the influx of interest.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
Send PM
rkjg94,

Congratulations :) Welcome to the cohort. Yes, the Ad-Com and CMS are really warm folks, and a pleasure to speak with. Looking forward to connecting with you.

Cheers.

rkjg94 wrote:
Hey Guys!

Current Student
Send PM
Russthemann wrote:
rkjg94 wrote:
Russthemann wrote:

rkjg94 wrote:
Hey Guys!

Russthemann The interview went well I believe. Mostly behavioral questions mixed with background questions. Canadian current affairs, why MBA and why Ivey. It flowed well and just felt good for the lack of better words.

Indian Male 25 Y/O
Undergrad Major - Mechanical Engineering, Minors: Economics, Management (Top 10 Engineering school in the US), GPA: 3.30
1 year internship experience in commercial vehicles industry. 2.5 year full time work experience after graduation in the automotive industry as a product development engineer (a lot of project management) in the US.

Extracurriculars: Aviation/Flying, Volunteer work as an executive committee member in a nationally recognized charitable organization in the US, Music Production (follow my soundcloud?? :D), riding motorcycles and competitive driving (time attacks and autocross)

I feel my below average GMAT and GPA were the weakest part of my profile. Gotta be at a 700+ (2 more attempts left well......)

Congrats! That’s awesome. Doesn’t seem that you needed the 700+ GMAT then. What do you think was your strongest asset that got you in? By your own admission your GMAT is below the average, but you must’ve stood out in another manner to get the green light.

Russthemann haha that's a good question. I am not really sure. Perhaps it was the interview combined with my extracurriculars and essays? I was actually not too positive about my chances for an admit considering the GMAT, GPA, my demographics and also the heavy application pool this year because of covid. Based on my profile, what would you say?
Current Student
Send PM
SurajSathya wrote:
rkjg94,

Congratulations :) Welcome to the cohort. Yes, the Ad-Com and CMS are really warm folks, and a pleasure to speak with. Looking forward to connecting with you.

Cheers.

rkjg94 wrote:
Hey Guys!

SurajSathya Thank you! They truly are.
Current Student
Send PM
bschoolhunter wrote:
Congrats on the admit rkjg94!

Looking forward to meet in London!

rkjg94 wrote:
Hey Guys!

bschoolhunter Thanks! Same here
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V35
Send PM
Great stuff! Yeah, they are super helpful.

Did you get any comments on scholarship?

rkjg94 wrote:
Russthemann wrote:
rkjg94 wrote:
Russthemann wrote:

rkjg94 wrote:
Hey Guys!

Indian Male 25 Y/O

Russthemann haha that's a good question. I am not really sure. Perhaps it was the interview combined with my extracurriculars and essays? I was actually not too positive about my chances for an admit considering the GMAT, GPA, my demographics and also the heavy application pool this year because of covid. Based on my profile, what would you say?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
dupuis2304 wrote:
Great stuff! Yeah, they are super helpful.

Did you get any comments on scholarship?

dupuis2304 I did receive a scholarship pretty much at the same time as my offer. Sorry I lost your last question about the Interview. When do you have your interview scheduled? I would say be prepared on Canadian Current affairs, the state of the industry you want to get in, the industry trends. I was asked about a good Case Method topic for class based on what I know about the state of the economy. Have some well thought out questions ready for the interviewer (something you couldn't figure out based on your research and chats with current students or alumni). Normal behavioral questions. Keep 3 to 4 examples of success and failure in your professional life (preferred) ready and be prepared to frame those examples in a way that suits the question. For example, one question I got was "When was a time you made a decision and then new information came to light. What did you do? how did you feel?". Another one was "Tell me about a time when you faced a conflict, how did you manage the situation. What did you do to resolve it?". Don't just answer the questions in a straightforward way without portraying what you learn't from it and what could have been done better. A good way to frame these answers is 1) Context/background 2) Problem/Issue 3) Solution 4) Learnings. Lastly, treat it like a *formal* conversation and be comfortable. Don't be scared to ask for a moment to think about your answers if something does't pop up in your head immediately. Remember, your answers don't necessarily have to have an amazing super positive outcome. You can fail, but be sure to articulate what you learn't from it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: Ivey '22 (A)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone,

Just got an offer from Ivey for the 2021-2022 MBA programme.This Thread has been really helpful thus far.
Will be glad to pay it forwards any way i can.

cheers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q42 V40
Send PM
Leonfranco wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just got an offer from Ivey for the 2021-2022 MBA programme.This Thread has been really helpful thus far.

cheers.

Congrats mate that’s awesome. Can you post your profile, and how did the interview go? Tips?

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8847 [1]
Given Kudos: 3035
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Leonfranco wrote:
Hi everyone,

cheers.

Congratulations Leonfranco

Would you be able to add your interview experience in the following link? I am sure it will be helpful for a lot of prospective applicants.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ivey-western ... brief.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
rkjg94 wrote:
Hey Guys!

Hi congrats!! can you pls list the questions they asked you in the interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Economics, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Congratulations Leonfranco and rkjg94 on the admits!
Welcome to the cohort! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Hi everyone!

Just got my admissions offer and will be seeing you all there in March! Keeping up with this thread definitely helped me stay sane throughout the application process, feel free to PM for any advice or if you'd like to connect!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
herbin wrote:
Hi everyone!

Just got my admissions offer and will be seeing you all there in March! Keeping up with this thread definitely helped me stay sane throughout the application process, feel free to PM for any advice or if you'd like to connect!

Congrats Herbin! How was your interview experience?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  24   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts