Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:00 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:00

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
jugalchauhan89 wrote:
Hi,

Could anyone please evaluate my profile. I am looking for 2022 admissions and my target schools are IIMB EPGP, IIMC PGPEX and IIM A PGPX, IIM Indore

My GMAT score: Preparing and need advise on target score

jugalchauhan89

Anything above the average GMAT score at these schools should be good.
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
jugalchauhan89 wrote:
Hi,

Could anyone please evaluate my profile. I am looking for 2022 admissions and my target schools are IIMB EPGP, IIMC PGPEX and IIM A PGPX, IIM Indore

My GMAT score: Preparing and need advise on target score

Academics:
Studied in RTU. 73%
10th : 71 %
12th: 73%

Experience - 10years of experience in HR including 9 years of experience in Saudi Arabia.

Not much information to suggest anything. Please elaborate.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Name: Aranya Getta (Username: getta)
Country/Location : Bangalore (India)
Under-Graduate School : Indian Institute of Technology Ropar, Punjab
Under-Graduate GPA: 6.5/10
GMAT: 700 (Quant 48; Verbal 38; IR 6)
Total Work Experience : 8.5 years

Pre-MBA Industry : Automotive Industry

Target industry post-MBA: IT Products/ Mobility

Brief about Work Experience :
Product Development: Started as a Trainee at Mercedes Benz R & D India and accelerated to become Senior Engineer responsible for Product Design, Analysis and Development. Rich knowledge in Research and Development gained through academia (IIT Ropar and IIT Hyderabad) and industry working experience (Mercedes Benz R & D).
Innovation & Technology: Actively contributed in innovation space of next-generation mobility concepts which resulted in filing 5 patents and 5 publications. Transitioned from individual contributor to innovation catalyst to tap into creative side of peers from cross-functional teams to realise their potential.

What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Manager & Colleague

Volunteering/Extra-curriculars:
-> Hospitality team, Zeitgeist (First annual cultural fest, IIT Ropar)
-> Organizer, Indoor sports tournament at Mercedes Benz (Year 2013 & 2019)
-> Photographer, Praroha Kathak & Performing Arts Centre

International Experience : 6 Months (Germany)

Scholarship Given? : No

The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : I am a Product enthusiast. My passion for innovation and technology is driven towards leading next-generation product development. The experience of end-to-end product ownership taught me role and importance of different business functions such as Strategy, Marketing and Customer requirements. This experience was exhilarating and made me want to make a transition to leadership role and become a product leader. MBA is the most logical next step for me to successfully achieve this transition.

Short-Term Goal : Product Leader

Long-Term Goal : Product Director, CTO, Innovation & Technology leader

Link to your interview debrief:

1. Two professors were waiting in the meeting room and I was greeted warmly. Professor X took a moment reading my name and left out of a pleasant sigh.
2. Professor X started with casual discussion like "Have you been to Kolkata before?", "Have you been to Victoria Memorial and any idea who built it?"
3. Before I realised, the casual questions slipped into Design Thinking related questions like "Why are the sheets in OT green in color". My SOP was focused on Design and Critical thinking and most of the next questions were in line with this.
4. Professor Y joined in by asking my hobbies - "Do you get time besides your work? What do you do?". This led to my travel through european countries and some casual discussion again on this topic.
5. Interview lasted for 15 mins and ended with my queries related to course.

Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : No

Any comments, feelings, advice to share?:
1. Before even applying for MBA, make sure your purpose is right. Do not try to fit-in in closed boxes
2. Be real honest and thorough with each and every word written in your application
3. There is a thin line of difference between being confident and over-confident and you would not want to cross that when talking to Professors.
4. Be as prepared as Virat Kohli for the interview and as intuitive as Dhoni during the interview.

Wish you the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi All,

Please help to evaluate my profile. I am confused about what needs to be done to improve my profile.

I am aiming for IIMA PGPX.

10th - 94.5%
12th - 95%
Bachelor's degree - 88.7% ( Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Tamilnadu)

Work ex - I have 4 years of experience in IT industry(Standard Chartered GBS) as a software developer. After 2 years of experience, got promoted to senior developer. I have managed projects end to end.

GMAT - in preparation stage ,Hoping to get 700+

Extracurricular - I have interest in music and learning it as well.but did not have any significant achievement. Have managed college fests as general secretary.

Please advise what needs to be improved

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [3]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V37
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username: Ayonavo Halder / Tyson1990
Country/Location : Gurgaon (Native - Kolkata)

Under-Graduate School : Jadavpur University, Kolkata
Under-Graduate GPA: 8.49
GMAT/GRE Test scores: GMAT 720 (Q51, V37)

Total Work Experience : 8 years 8 months
Pre-MBA Industry : Automobile (Maruti Suzuki India Limited)
Target industry post-MBA: E-Commerce

I joined MSIL in 2012 and took a role of Operations Manager in Production Engineering (domain expert in supplier localization, cost saving and productivity improvement projects). From 2015, I started to work in New Product Development and have experience as team member in Dzire and team lead in Wagon-R (Digital Engineering, Facility planning for Trial & Testing, Process designing thru MOST & Line balancing).
Since 2019, I'm working in Strategy planning for new technology introduction at plant level, Cost-benefit analysis & Capital budgeting. Team Lead for 4 members.

What is your relation to the Recommenders? : Reporting Manager & Peer (1yr senior)
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: -None is mentioned-
International Experience : 3 months in Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan
Scholarship Given? : National Merit Scholarship for 28th state rank in 10th exam

The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? :

Short-Term Goal : Operations manager of a tier-2 or semi-urban city in Flipkart or Amazon or Jiomert
Long-Term Goal : Subject Matter Expert in Operations and Supply Chain in one of leading e-commerce companies

It was a panel interview of 2 prof and interview was kind of discussion. Prof was guiding my thoughts and sometimes crossed my idea. Overall it was nowhere near to stressed interview and both prof always kept smile in their face. Interview lasted for 14 min only..

Prof-1 :
Tell me about your role in Maruti ?
Don't you think that 8 years of experience is not suitable for an MBA grad ?
You are doing cost benefit analysis. Estimate in how many years MBAEx program will come to breakeven in cost..

Prof-2 :
Which are the sales channel of Maruti ? Why Nexa was needed ?
What types of car are Maruti selling thru Nexa ?
In value chain of car manufacturing, are Nexa cars & Arena cars different ?
If you are taking about premiumness, why Hyundai did not need such different sales channel for Eon ?
Ok, lets me understood where is the conflict point in south china sea ?

Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : No professional consultant, but took advice from seniors
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username: Yogesh Dua / YD07
Country/Location : India/ New Delhi

Under-Graduate School : Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Delhi (GGSIPU)
Under-Graduate GPA: 75.5 %
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 710 (Q50, V36)

Total Work Experience : 7.5 years
Pre-MBA Industry : Automotive
Target industry post-MBA: Automotive/Manufacturing

Brief about Work Experience : I joined ICAT (International Centre for Automotive Technology) in 2013 as a Trainee. Since then I have been working with the Plant Engineering team where I progressed from trainee to Assistant Manager. Basically I was looking after the operations of the facility section which was responsible for maintaining the uptime of the automotive testing labs such as Engine test labs, Vehicle test labs, component test labs, etc. My routine work included Maintenance of all the machinery be it Breakdown, preventive or predictive maintenance. In last few years, I have been working on the upkeep/maintenance/installation of the new machinery to support the automotive testing as per the Bharat Stage VI (BS VI) norms. My team has played an important role in supporting the day-night testing of the automotive vehicles so as to make Indian automotive industry transition to BSVi regulations without any delay. Apart from this I was also involved in the Training and skill development of my team.

What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): 1. Head of Department 2. Head of Engine Testing Department (My internal Biggest Stake holder)

Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: 1. Core member in organizing various Industrial seminars such as International seminar on NVH, Lighting, Passive Safety, Engine testing & Emissions etc.
2. Motorcycle Riding/Adventure sports/ Travelling

International Experience : N.A.
Scholarship Given? : N.A.

The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : 1. Want to transition into new roles so as to fulfill my long-term goal of becoming the Operations head in the Industry.

Short-Term Goal : Operations Manager
Long-Term Goal : Chief Operations Officer
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above )

There were 02 professors. The first professor started with "Tell me something about yourself".
Then Why MBA, Why operations as a goal etc. Then he asked me few questions related to Finance such as Present/Time Value of Money, Compund Interest, something related to Balance sheet and P&L statements.
As someone from science background, i was not able to tell much about this part but still i handled it with confidence by clearly stating what i knew and what i didn't.

The second professor started with few current affairs such as Farm Bills 2020, US elections, India Vs US democracy.
Then he asked some Maths Questions - What is the use of Logarithms?
Real-life examples where Mode is a better measure than Mean etc.
Then he asked few questions related to Motorcycling as i have mentioned that as a hobby. "Who wrote Motorcycle Diaries" -(I didn't know.) Who owns Royal Enfiled? etc.

Then they asked me if i have any questions for them?
Overall it was 25 mins long. There were quiet a few questions for which i didn't knew the answer. My piece of Advise : Tell them honestly about what you know and what you don't. Try to remain calm and have faith in yourself.

Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : NO
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Just be honest and transparent. Anything you will write in your application can go in favour or against. So be 100% sure that whatever you mention in the application is true to best of your knowledge and you can justify the same at the interview. Always have faith in yourself. I got admission from the waitlist at the very last moment, so always be hopeful :).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username: Abhijeet Kumar/Abhijeet700
Country/Location : Pune
Under-Graduate School : K.I.E.T Ghaziabad
Under-Graduate GPA: 7.6
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 750 (Q49,V44)
Total Work Experience :7.8 years
Pre-MBA Industry : IT services
Target industry post-MBA: Ecommerce/ Technology

I started my career as a developer with Infosys, I worked there for 6.8 years. I moved from a developer's role to a functional analyst role working on different projects for a telecom client. Subsequently, I moved to Accenture and have been working with them for a year.

What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc):
Manager

Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Organiser Events Committee, K.I.E.T/
International Experience : 26 months (Belgium)
Scholarship Given? : No
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? :

The transition from a developer to a functional analyst and piqued my interest in product management. I feel in this ever-competitive world, a single-dimensional approach in the career is not enough which is why I want to take my career to the next stage.

Short-Term Goal : Product Manager
Long-Term Goal : Leadership roles in Product Portfolio management

My interview lasted for only 10 minutes. It was more of a casual conversation than an actual interview. There were two professors in the panel. No standard tell me about yourself questions. The conversation revolved around mostly my current work responsibilities, questions like why 1 year MBA instead of a 2 year MBA.
All in all, a very chilled experience.

Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? :No
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Name/username: Jasbeer Kaur Gill / Jazz28
Country/Location : India
Under-Graduate School : The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
Under-Graduate GPA: CA-Final cleared
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 680
Total Work Experience : 5.7 years
Pre-MBA Industry : Business Process Management and Professional Services
Target industry post-MBA: Consulting – Strategy/Fintech
- 1 year as Office Accounts and Finance at Corient Business Solutions (UK work)
- 0.5 year as Manager Accounts and Finance at General Technologies (India work)
- 1.6 year as Finance Manager at Cellca Mobile Ventures (UK work – Mobbill)
- 2.6 years as Assistant Finance Manager at Capita India Pvt. Ltd. (UK work – Capita PLC)
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Got recommendation from managers
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: NA
International Experience: 1 month UK
Scholarship Given: No
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief: To gain a 360 degree perspective of business that will help me move into broader business roles that are not just about finance
Short-Term Goal : Leadership role at consulting firm
Long-Term Goal : CFO/CEO
Link to your interview debrief: NA.
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above )
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : No
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Be very clear about why you want to do an MBA and why now. Be honest and confident while stating your work-exp and post MBA goals in B-School interviews.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
Send PM
Background – Indian IT Male. I have studied abroad for 9 years during my schooling years.

Graduation – B-tech, NIT Calicut (2016). CGPA – 6.51
XII – 88.6 %
X- 9.4 CGPA.

GMAT - 670 (Q49, V33)
Not planning to retake anytime soon because I have already attempted a couple of times and I want to try with my current profile.

Target Schools - 1yr MBA at ABCLKI/SPJIMR/XLRI

Work Ex – Deloitte Consulting, Bengaluru.
July 2016 – Present, 4 years and 8 months.

Role – Consultant in DevOps technology

Awards -
Responsible for Cloud Migration of legacy system for our Insurance Client.
Have received several accolades/Spot awards at work

Extra curriculars –
HR Lead at an NGO (Bhumi) / I perform as the MC at internal corporate events and help organise cultural activities

Regularly involved in sports and debates –

Post MBA goals – Short term Goal – Already in Tech, but I want to do Tech Consulting, focusing on the Cloud.
Long term – Reach a leadership position in the same field and specialize in a domain (such as Insurance, Consumer, Banking, etc)

Thanks in advance.

Tridisha1, Chethan92, vikgupta07
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi.

I am planning to apply to One Yr Full Time MBA Course at IIM A/B/C this yr for 2022 Admit.

I am an Engineer and MBA as well from a Tier 2/3 B-School.
Total Work-Ex of around 11 Years. (3 Years post B-Tech & 8 Years in Administration post MBA)
Age - 35

If I target a GMAT Score of 700+, DO I stand any chance for IIM A/B/C?

Since this will be 2nd MBA that I will be targeting, is it a sort of big disadvantage?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: Carlson (I)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
gmat770plus wrote:
Hi.

I am planning to apply to One Yr Full Time MBA Course at IIM A/B/C this yr for 2022 Admit.

I am an Engineer and MBA as well from a Tier 2/3 B-School.
Total Work-Ex of around 11 Years. (3 Years post B-Tech & 8 Years in Administration post MBA)
Age - 35

If I target a GMAT Score of 700+, DO I stand any chance for IIM A/B/C?

Since this will be 2nd MBA that I will be targeting, is it a sort of big disadvantage?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Kudos
please evaluate my profile. I am looking for 2022 admissions and my target schools for Exec MBA are IIM A/B/C/L, ISB and SP Jain

GMAT:660 (Q49, V31)

Academics:
Btech Electronics Engineering from State Level college: 72%
10th : 79 %
12th: 67%

I am 33y male working as Executive cadre officer (Group A) in Central Armed Forces (through UPSC)
Total Work Ex = 7 yrs

Profiles:
-Experience of Team Commander in Special Force for 3 years
-Leading team in some disturbed areas. Main role was commanding and directing men on ground
- As administrative experience, performed role of men management- from establishment of security infrastructure to assignment of duties and its supervision.
- Involved in training and counseling of men under my command.
- 3 years of experience in Procurement, management and liaison officer at static unit.
- Successful organizations of civic action programs.
-As trainer with respect to Force specific requirements and objectives.

Achievement
- Best solution provider on police modernization and reform. Given by UP govt in coordination with IIT K
- Secretary of ABHIVAYAKTI CLUB in officer training academy. Dedicated to literary and related activities.
- Went through Commando course with all round best and best shooting skill trophy.
-

Certifications:
-IIM Rohtak - certificate of business Management
- NLU DELHI - Certification on law subject
- Six Sigma Certification

Extra Curricular:
- Part of civic action program in remote villages
- Organized health camp in remote villages in coordination in local police organizations.
- Participated in various Marathon

#gap of 4 years after graduation in upsc preparation (3 mains)

Please advise about my chances!
What IIM could I get at my current score if I decide not to try to increase score by giving another attempt.
If i need to give another attempt what will be the safe GMAT Score?

Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Azim8596 wrote:
please evaluate my profile. I am looking for 2022 admissions and my target schools for Exec MBA are IIM A/B/C/L, ISB and SP Jain

Academics:

I am 33y male working as Executive cadre officer (Group A) in Central Armed Forces (through UPSC)
Total Work Ex = 7 yrs

Profiles:
-Leading team in some disturbed areas. Main role was commanding and directing men on ground
- As administrative experience, performed role of men management- from establishment of security infrastructure to assignment of duties and its supervision.
- 3 years of experience in Procurement, management and liaison officer at static unit.

Achievement
- Best solution provider on police modernization and reform. Given by UP govt in coordination with IIT K
- Secretary of ABHIVAYAKTI CLUB in officer training academy. Dedicated to literary and related activities.
- Went through Commando course with all round best and best shooting skill trophy.
-

Certifications:

Extra Curricular:
- Organized health camp in remote villages in coordination in local police organizations.

What IIM could I get at my current score if I decide not to try to increase score by giving another attempt.

Hello Azim8596,

Thank you for sharing. Military experience can definitely help your application. The leadership experience that you have is very hard to get in the corporate world and adcoms often appreciate that.

As far as your GMAT, aiming closer to a 700 will help enhance your candidacy. That said, while test scores are important, they are only part of the equation. A lot also depends upon whether you craft a strong personal story. Personal MBA Coach has helped many other applicants from the military translate their experiences into essays and would be happy to provide you with guidance.

If you think you could benefit from professional help on your essays and other application components, do not hesitate to take a look at our comprehensive packages and reach out to scott@personalmbacoach.com to learn more.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
Azim8596 wrote:

Academics:

Total Work Ex = 7 yrs

Profiles:

Achievement
-

Certifications:

Extra Curricular:

Hi Azim,

You got a really diverse and interesting profile with leadership experience. Your profile also highlights your ability to bounce back from difficult situations.

Now coming to your question, with your present GMAT score you can get admitted into any of the Indian Business schools that you have mentioned considering your extraordinary unique profile.

For certain top colleges like IIM A/B/C & ISB, you will need to bring out your diverse and real-life leadership experiences in your profile and application essays etc. If you prepare really good essays and perform well in the interview, then your present score is good enough to get into elite B schools.

However, if you are uncertain about your performance in the interview an improvement of 20 points in your GMAT score will help in balancing any performance deviation in your application and interview.

Please feel free to connect with us for a detailed profile evaluation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
krazzysaad wrote:
Background – Indian IT Male. I have studied abroad for 9 years during my schooling years.

Graduation – B-tech, NIT Calicut (2016). CGPA – 6.51
XII – 88.6 %
X- 9.4 CGPA.

GMAT - 670 (Q49, V33)
Not planning to retake anytime soon because I have already attempted a couple of times and I want to try with my current profile.

Target Schools - 1yr MBA at ABCLKI/SPJIMR/XLRI

Work Ex – Deloitte Consulting, Bengaluru.
July 2016 – Present, 4 years and 8 months.

Role – Consultant in DevOps technology

Awards -
Responsible for Cloud Migration of legacy system for our Insurance Client.
Have received several accolades/Spot awards at work

Extra curriculars –
HR Lead at an NGO (Bhumi) / I perform as the MC at internal corporate events and help organise cultural activities

Regularly involved in sports and debates –

Post MBA goals – Short term Goal – Already in Tech, but I want to do Tech Consulting, focusing on the Cloud.
Long term – Reach a leadership position in the same field and specialize in a domain (such as Insurance, Consumer, Banking, etc)

Thanks in advance.

Tridisha1, Chethan92, vikgupta07

Hi,

You have good experience in the technology and consulting domain for which demand is high in the job market particularly for those people who have completed an MBA. In addition, you have good NGO experience which adds value to your profile.

Your current GMAT score is good enough for IIM I/L/K/U, SP Jain, XLRI but for IIM A/B/C, ISB you will either require an improvement of at least 20 points in GMAT or a very good admission application followed by an above-average interview.

So you can either go for a 20 point GMAT improvement or start preparing a unique application essay.

Please feel free to connect with us for a detailed evaluation of your profile
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [3]
Given Kudos: 169
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Kudos