Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 11:32 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 11:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GRE 1: Q165 V156
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [6]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Name/username: Paras Gupta
Country/Location : India / New Delhi
Under-Graduate School : IP University, Delhi
Under-Graduate GPA: 63.67 %
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 720
Total Work Experience : 6.5 years
Pre-MBA Industry : IT Products
Target industry post-MBA: IT Products (B2B SaaS Industry)
Brief about Work Experience : I am a B2B SaaS sales professional into selling of HR Technology products to mid and large enterprises.
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Manager
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Nothing noteworthy as such. Some bit of content creation on linkedin.
International Experience : None
Scholarship Given? : NA
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : I intend to take a leap and grow from leading only sales to a complete P&L of a SaaS business encompassing sales, marketing, operations and support functions.
Short-Term Goal : Regional Head / AVP for a B2B SaaS business.
Long-Term Goal : Country Head / C-Suite leadership for a B2B SaaS business.
Link to your interview debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-i-got-an ... 44283.html
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above )
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : S4G
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username: Ridhi Jain/RJRIDHI12
Country/Location : India/ Gurugram
Under-Graduate School : IP College, Delhi University
Under-Graduate GPA: 75.1% (Distinction)
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 690
Total Work Experience : 5.2 years
Pre-MBA Industry : Research and Information Services
Target industry post-MBA: Sustainability Strategy and Consulting
Brief about Work Experience :
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Both my recommenders were my past managers
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Highlighted Basketball and Yoga State championships in school, Fellowship to the USA, Paper published in an International Journal
International Experience : None (But I have done Masters in Economics from UCL)
Scholarship Given? : No
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : I have worked in the research and data oriented roles so far. I have we gained the technical and analytical abilities from on the job training. I wish to transition to strategy roles, specifically in sustainability teams of consulting firms.
Short-Term Goal : Move into strategy roles in a sustainability consulting team
Long-Term Goal : Work my way up to leadership roles within the same team
Did you Consult any MBA Consultant: No
Link to your interview debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/how-i-got-in ... 44375.html

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by RJRIDHI12 on 03 Jan 2021, 04:59.
Last edited by RJRIDHI12 on 04 Jan 2021, 02:05, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Duplicate Post

Name/username: Ridhi Jain/RJRIDHI12
Country/Location : India/ Gurugram
Under-Graduate School : IP College, Delhi University
Under-Graduate GPA: 75.1% (Distinction)
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 690
Total Work Experience : 5.2 years
Pre-MBA Industry : Research and Information Services
Target industry post-MBA: Sustainability Strategy and Consulting
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Both my recommenders were my managers
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Highlighted Basketball and Yoga State championships in school, Fellowship to the US, Paper published in a journal
International Experience : None ( But I have done Masters in Economics from UCL)
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : I have worked in the research and data oriented roles so far. I have we gained the technical and analytical abilities from on the job training. I wish to transition to strategy roles, specifically in sustainability teams of consulting firms.
Short-Term Goal : Move into strategy roles in a sustainability consulting team
Long-Term Goal : Work my way up to leadership roles within the same team
Link to your interview debrief:

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by RJRIDHI12 on 03 Jan 2021, 05:01.
Last edited by RJRIDHI12 on 04 Jan 2021, 02:14, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [3]
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username:Ajay Soni
Country/Location :India
Under-Graduate School :Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar and Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Under-Graduate GPA:71%
GMAT/GRE Test scores:710(Though I applied with 670. More details on my interview debrief)
Total Work Experience :8 years
Pre-MBA Industry :Guest Faculty in college and Section officer(Finance & Accounts) in Government of Punjab from past 7.5 years.
Target industry post-MBA:Consulting/Finance
Brief about Work Experience :Accounting, Finance, Budgeting, Inquiry, legal, internal audit, pre-audit.
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc):Senior officers(Joint Controller)
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Highlights- Social work done in helpage india & Art of Living foundation volunteer, Teacher in govt. school, All india rank in Maths olympiad at school,Practiced Mixed martial arts for 3 years, Black Belt-Taekwondo.
International Experience :0
Scholarship Given? :N.A.
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? :Want to move into Strategy/Consulting and higher advisory role given that I have been working in domain specific role for 7.5 years.
Short-Term Goal :Transition into Consulting/Finance.
Long-Term Goal :Higher Advisory role in Government.
Link to your interview debrief: https://gmatclub.com/forum/interview-de ... 44947.html
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? :Yes
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?:Be careful what you write in SOPs. Confidence in your own abilities is very crucial. Calmness under pressure is what I feel got me into the school.I was nearly 100% sure that I will be selected in the school post my interview experience. Knowledge of current affairs and your perspectives on those issue is very crucial make or break in interviews.

Originally posted by Ajaysoni on 03 Jan 2021, 22:26.
Last edited by Ajaysoni on 10 Jan 2021, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [4]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: IIMC PGPEX'22
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Name/username: Gyanendra Sharma / SharmaGyan
Country/Location : India/New Delhi
Under-Graduate School : Power Engineering, NPTI Delhi, 2009-13
Under-Graduate GPA: 84% (Gold Medalist)
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 730 (Q50, V39)
Total Work Experience : 7.9 years
Pre-MBA Industry : IT Software Products (SaaS)
Target industry post-MBA: Technology / Digital
Brief about Work Experience : 4 Years as Bid Manager with General Electric - Grid Software Solutions, 2.5 Years as International Sales Account Manager with Oracle - Converged Infrastructure Solutions, 1.3 Years in techno-commercial roles with a SettleMint, a European Blockchain major.
What is your relation to the Recommenders?: Both my recommenders were my managers.
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Street Photographer, Visiting Faculty
International Experience : Stints in USA, ASEAN and ANZ markets at Oracle (Remote Sales).
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : For long term growth. Now, because hitting the ceiling with my current qualifications.
Short-Term Goal : Lead a team.
Long-Term Goal : Lead a company.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [6]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GRE 1: Q165 V151
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Name/username: Saichand/Donchand93
Country/Location : India/Bengaluru
Under-Graduate School : IIT Madras
Under-Graduate GPA: 7.74 ( Integrated )
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 680
Total Work Experience : 63
Pre-MBA Industry : Automotive R&D
Target industry post-MBA: Automotive
Brief about Work Experience : Engine Design & Development Engineer at a major 2W Company
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Reporting Manager & Senior Colleague
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Outdoor Leader at Local Travel Club, Football, NGO work, Mentioned stock market investing too ( Worked out well in my favour during interview )
International Experience : 0
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Got a good understanding of product development from technical perspective so far. Want to understand the business perspective to have an overall view. Automotive sector is undergoing a transition with connected mobility and EVs coming into play. Right time to switch verticals and contribute at business end.
Short-Term Goal : Preferably back to Automotive sector in operations/management roles
Long-Term Goal : Entrepreneurial dreams ( Let's see )
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : Yes ( For SoP )
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: It is good to be thorough with your Application/SoP/Your current Industry. Apart from typical MBA questions like Why MBA, Why now, Target Industry and all, I was interviewed on Marketing related questions from Automotive sector. It was totally unexpected but I could survive somehow with my faint knowledge on the same. Also, be honest with Extra-curriculars. In a 15 min interview, I was asked 5 mins on Stock market that I mentioned as hobbies. Do have a smile always and as other mentioned - Keep calm and composed with a smile on your face. You will do great. Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [4]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Name/username: Vatsal Kumar Sinha
Country/Location : India/ Chhattisgarh
Under-Graduate School : National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
Under-Graduate GPA: 7.37
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 710 (Online GMAT- would advise against it)
Total Work Experience : 5.4 years
Pre-MBA Industry : Metals and Mining/ Manufacturing
Target industry post-MBA: Consulting/Manufacturing
Brief about Work Experience : Currently working in the country's largest mining major. Also have experience of working in 3 majors steel producers in the country. Roles and responsibilities broadly included Project Management, Operations Planning, Shift Operations In-Charge.
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Manager and one Senior Colleague
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Volunteering for a tourism based startup in Bastar. After work teaching for DAV Students as a part of CSR. State-Level Basketball player and University Captain. Avid quizzer, voracious reader. Also recite poems as a pastime
International Experience : None.
Scholarship Given? : None
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Accelerated growth (both professional and personal) and tougher challenges.
Short-Term Goal : Consultant/ Operations Manager
Long-Term Goal : CXO
Link to your interview debrief: Will post later.
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : None.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Name/username: Anurag Ranjan/yossarian22
Country/Location : India/Bengaluru
Under-Graduate School : IIIT Allahabad
Under-Graduate GPA: 7.32
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 700
Total Work Experience : 78 months
Pre-MBA Industry : Consumer Internet/E-commerce
Target industry post-MBA: Consumer Internet/E-commerce

1. 2 years as Consultant in Deloitte - 2013-2015
2. 4.5 years in Senior Leadership roles in General Management (Growth & expansion, Sales, Ops, Strategy, etc.) in fast growing funded start-ups)

What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Ex-senior colleague and ex-Reporting manager
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Writing, Reading, Trivia, Music, Movies, Sports, Volunteering for teaching under-privileged kids, Placecom Head during B.Tech, Literary Club Secretary during B.Tech.
International Experience : 0
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : The work experience I have had so far has been mostly in high-paced and risk oriented environments. It has helped me understand and work towards achieving stiff targets/tasks with tight deadlines. Also, there has been good learning in terms of team handling and leadership. However, now I want to scale myself with structured academic learning and peer learning. Apart from that, the alumni and peer networking is going to be very helpful in realizing my goals.
Short-Term Goal : Senior leadership roles in bigger organizations.
Long-Term Goal : Own venture in Consumer Internet space.
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : No.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Name/username: Puneet Dudeja
Country/Location : India/Hyderabad
Under-Graduate School : Hindu college of Pharmacy
Under-Graduate GPA: 63%
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 680
Total Work Experience : 11 yrs ( 10 years Sales, 1 year Internal audit and ERM )
Pre-MBA Industry : Pharmaceutical
Target industry post-MBA: Pharma, strategy& Analysis
Brief about Work Experience : 10 years sales ( 5 year managerial, Team size 23 ,worked in Cardio,Diabetology and Dermatology Segments), Got selected for one of our organization initiative to develop future leaders so spent last one year in Internal Audit, ERM and Info sec function.
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): 1. Current L+1 2. Previous L+1
Volunteering/Extra-curricular: Created Big forums and organised events successfully.
International Experience : none
Scholarship Given? :no
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Most of senior positions in my organization occupied by IIM alums.why now because I got the time and need to upgrade my skills.
Short-Term Goal : Country head sales
Long-Term Goal : Global head Sales or strategy
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : for Mock Interview.
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Believe in your journey, do not try to fake it, be calm and try to start interview on a good note.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos