Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 02:51 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 02:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10018 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1288 [1]
Given Kudos: 95
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: IIM Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Aashna25609 wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone please help with my profile evaluation for ISB IIM A/B/C?

Female - 29 years old.

Academic Details-
10th (ICSE)- 81%
12th (CBSE)- 74.6%
Bachelor of Engineering - 54% from Pune University in Chemical engineering.

Post graduate diploma in Communications from Xaviers Institute of Communications Mumbai. 80% full time

GMAT Score - 710

Work Experience-
6 years of experience in the field of Corporate Communication and Branding. Key role of devising and implementing communication strategies for internal and external audiences through established and innovative concepts in digital branding, internal communication, PR, events, campaigns, and other brand related activities.

DBS Bank Jan 2021-preset
Deloitte USI -April 2019 to Dec 2020
IPE Global 3.5 years
UN Global Compact Network .5 years
Spartus Nova 8 months

Extra curricular-
1.Made a Documentary film on ‘Lack of Media Coverage on Coastal Issues’ for GIZ
2.Made a documentary film for National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), covering their success stories in Kutch district of Gujarat
3.Participated in a 4-day long workshop on “Marine and Coastal issues” with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
4.Conducted a 7 day long research on ‘Urban Homeless’ in South Bombay and directed a 3 minute long UNICEF movie named ‘MARHAM
5.Carried out a detailed research study on ‘Sanitary Waste –A problem in the work environment of waste pickers’ and ‘Behavior responsible for the Improper Sanitary Waste Disposal’ in Mumbai and Pune which was presented to the Johnson &Johnson’s Stayfree Department.
6.Developed a pre-tested pilot communication strategy for ‘Proper Disposal of Sanitary Pads’.
7.Designed and conducted workshop on Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) with teachers of Motilal municipal school, Mumbai in collaboration with Balprafulta NGO.
8.Designed and conducted a workshop on Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) with parents at Indore, in collaboration with Faith NGO.
9.Completed introductory level of Graphology.
10.Headed an event ‘Roadies’ at college’s technical fest, Excelsior 2012.
11.Participated actively in raising sponsorship for the college’s technical fest
12.Winner in intra school elocution and debate competitions
13.Volunteered for Help Age India.
14. Winner at International Theatre Festival for 2 years in school

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device

I'm really not an expert at evaluating profiles.

I'll try my best for IIMs.

You have above average GMAT score for all the three IIMs. That is an advantage.
Your ECAs are a plus point.
You may have to justify about your job changes. 5 in 6 years.

Overall a good profile. Maybe Tridisha1 can add more to it.
IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Exactly as Chetan mentioned, you have a good profile in terms of GMAT score and Extra-Curricular. Your diversity in the profile is a plus.

Red Flags-
1. 54% IN B.E. - This might not be expected by IIMs
2. 5 jobs in 6 years- That is too much- This shows a negative trend in your stability part

That being said, you can definitely apply to all the B schools. Best of luck.

Personal Suggestion- ISB might not be much fruitful for you.

Aashna25609 wrote:
Hi,

Can anyone please help with my profile evaluation for ISB IIM A/B/C?

Female - 29 years old.

Academic Details-
10th (ICSE)- 81%
12th (CBSE)- 74.6%
Bachelor of Engineering - 54% from Pune University in Chemical engineering.

Post graduate diploma in Communications from Xaviers Institute of Communications Mumbai. 80% full time

GMAT Score - 710

Work Experience-
6 years of experience in the field of Corporate Communication and Branding. Key role of devising and implementing communication strategies for internal and external audiences through established and innovative concepts in digital branding, internal communication, PR, events, campaigns, and other brand related activities.

DBS Bank Jan 2021-preset
Deloitte USI -April 2019 to Dec 2020
IPE Global 3.5 years
UN Global Compact Network .5 years
Spartus Nova 8 months

Extra curricular-
1.Made a Documentary film on ‘Lack of Media Coverage on Coastal Issues’ for GIZ
2.Made a documentary film for National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), covering their success stories in Kutch district of Gujarat
3.Participated in a 4-day long workshop on “Marine and Coastal issues” with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
4.Conducted a 7 day long research on ‘Urban Homeless’ in South Bombay and directed a 3 minute long UNICEF movie named ‘MARHAM
5.Carried out a detailed research study on ‘Sanitary Waste –A problem in the work environment of waste pickers’ and ‘Behavior responsible for the Improper Sanitary Waste Disposal’ in Mumbai and Pune which was presented to the Johnson &Johnson’s Stayfree Department.
6.Developed a pre-tested pilot communication strategy for ‘Proper Disposal of Sanitary Pads’.
7.Designed and conducted workshop on Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) with teachers of Motilal municipal school, Mumbai in collaboration with Balprafulta NGO.
8.Designed and conducted a workshop on Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) with parents at Indore, in collaboration with Faith NGO.
9.Completed introductory level of Graphology.
10.Headed an event ‘Roadies’ at college’s technical fest, Excelsior 2012.
11.Participated actively in raising sponsorship for the college’s technical fest
12.Winner in intra school elocution and debate competitions
13.Volunteered for Help Age India.
14. Winner at International Theatre Festival for 2 years in school

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
By the way, is there any aerospace professional in the selected candidates for MBAEx IIMC?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Name: Prasanjit Dora
Country/Location : India / Gurgaon
Post-Graduate School : University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Dehradun ; MBA in Oil & Gas
Post-Graduate GPA: 3.35./ 4
Under-Graduate School : IGIT Sarang; BE - Chemical
Under-Graduate GPA: 65%
GMAT Test scores: 670
Total Work Experience : 12 years
Pre-MBA Industry : Oil & Gas
Target industry post-MBA: IT / General Management
Brief about Work Experience : a) Business Development in Oil & Gas E&P as well as Engineering Consultancy business b) General Management (as EA to Business Head)
What is your relation to the Recommenders?: Client and Ex-Colleague
International Experience : No
Scholarship Given? : No
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Explore opportunities in other Sectors
Short-Term Goal : Sector change utilizing developed transferable skills
Long-Term Goal : Leader in my field of work
Link to your interview debrief:
My interview was in R1 on a Saturday via Zoom. There were 2 professors, hereby notifying them as P1 & P2.
Interview started with the UNusual i.e. there were no "Tell me about yourself type of questions" rather -
P1: Gave a situation wherein I was a sales person and standing before the CEO of our company who gave me a second degree mathematical equation with 2 variables. The CEO was asking me to let him know whether Sales were going up or down with time.
Me: (after a few moments) Answered.
P1 : Cross Questioned and enquired basis of the answer as well as plot a graph for the equation.
Me : Answered & showed him the graph.
P1: Why I wanted to do a 2nd MBA?
Me: Answered with reason.
At this juncture P2 enters the discussion.
P2: Queries on Crude Oil Price, Global Oil Market, case on Crude Oil Extraction vis a vis Revenue / Sustainability, Risk to Crude from Renewable Energy
Me: Answered with some examples related to global events, decisions taken in the Oil Market, Crude Oil Economics.
At the end I was allowed to ask a query.
(Interview lasted for around 20-25 minutes)
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : No
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Be confident and calm. I know it is difficult to hold your nerves when you get a bouncer as your 1st ball but remember Professors observe how you react and apply yourself in pressure situations. Secondly please be thorough with your field of work, I mean your job role, your industry etc. and be clear as to what is your future ambition & how an MBA from the School aligns to your future goal.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [7]
Given Kudos: 52
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username: Amit989
Country/Location : India / Odisha
Under-Graduate School : Silicon Institute of Technology (Biju Patnaik University of Tech.)
Under-Graduate GPA: (7.15 / 10)
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 730 (Q47 V44)
Total Work Experience : 10 years
Pre-MBA Industry : Working Capital / Order to Cash, Digital Marketing, Auto - Manufacturing - Function was always IT (Started of as Developer > Business Analyst > Product Owner > Project Manager
Target industry post-MBA : Auto - Supply Chain and Manufacturing Industry
Brief about Work Experience : Was working as Sr. Project Manager in Nissan. Work involved evaluating, planning and executing digital solutions.

What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): My recommenders were ex- team leads/ managers/ customers with whom I had a very humble work relationship and who had done their MBA from premier institutes [familiar to the process]. They were also able to visualize what exactly I could gain from an MBA since they had gone through the process themselves

Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Sports (University level, had organized tournaments, had won open tournaments in various districts). Since this was my area of passion I never missed an opportunity to let the adcoms know about this. Extra essay, during the interviews, I put it very clearly.

International Experience : 2 years in Brazil + 1 Year in UK + few months in Japan(Highlighted my exp. and learnings here)

Scholarship Given? : Nope, did not opt for it

The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : I understood that I have exhausted my skills and to take the next leap. Even to handle additional responsibilities in the future I need to gear up. Therefore the MBA. Why now - with 10 years of exp in the hindsight I was in a sweet spot to relate theoretical knowledge to corporate situations + I was already feeling challenged and I desperately needed an upgrade

Short-Term Goal : Sr. Product Manager - To own all products (for a specific client) end to end not only just designing solutions but also brainstorming what the solution should be. Even stepping further to price and market the products

Long-Term Goal : To move to the role of Chief Product Officer responsible for multiple products within an org.

Link to your interview debrief:

1) Was greeted with a smile and the first question was how did you like waiting in the lobby - I admitted that although I was pretty confident about my preparation, I was pretty nervous.

2) Asked me whether I remember/use anything from my undergrad in my current job - To which I said NO

3) Gave me an equation for the production of vehicles and asked me the growth - Was able to answer with a little help. I admitted that it was the nervousness and the rush to answer quickly, so they advised me to drink some water and relax

4) Gave me another grown problem based on Indian Economy - Identified it as Geometric Progression and solved it

5) Another problem on Compound Interest formula - in how many years will the economy fall to 0 .. answered it with the equation did not solve for it to which they were ok. The profs mainly wanted to see the approach

6) It was only one prof asking so far. The second one was observing. He then broke his silence and said I like your type. The "clean slate" type. To which I said Thanks. He asked me why did I thank him and that I should be careful next time. By this time I realized I was caught in his trap. So I smiled all way long. I said I thought it was a compliment. He asked me why did I think so -- I had no answer to this so I ended up asking him what he meant by a clean slate. To which he replied clean slate meant one who does not learn and whose growth is zero. So basically questioned my existence :D. I smiled and disagreed, did not feel the urge to prove myself there and the smile did work. The other prof intervened and appreciated me smiling

7) What is the salary that you are expecting and what percentage is it of your current salary -- I quoted and explained why I am aiming at a figure above the college avg. He sarcastically smiled at my expectations and said "Good to know!"

8) Was asked questions about my company CEO , CIO...recent stories etc.

9) Was asked about my hobby- Volleyball (present champion, some rules, etc.)

My advice - Please be as honest as you can, you have been shortlisted for a reason. Your genuine character has to come out during the interview. If you are pressed too hard on something just relax and smile, if you aren't convinced accept that you aren't convinced and provide a reason if asked. If don't know something at all accept it..if you have a faint idea mention what you recall. Not all answers should be perfect. One wow answer can get you selected if the rest are average or just abv average

Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : Yes, I did. Though I wrote my essays, having a consultant helped me question every thought or word in that essay: something similar to the 5 WHYs concept. Also, they helped me architect my essays better -- what should be first, what can be detailed. At times things might be too dear to you but they might not be of interest to others so having a second pair of eyes always helps.

Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Good Luck !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Could anyone please evaluate my profile? I am looking for 2022 admissions and my target schools for Exec MBA are IIM A/B/C/I, ISB and SP Jain

GMAT:660 (Q49, V31)

Academics:
Btech Civil Engineering from State Level college: 67.5%
10th : 76 % State Board
12th: 70% State Board

I am 30y male working in an Indian Startup as a Digital Marketing Manager
Total Work Ex = 7.3 yrs

Profiles:
-All experience in Small Companies/Startups.
-Spent 5 yr in a small co as Digital Lead.
-Built a blockchain startup from scratch as a co-founding member while taking care of Product & Marketing.
**Startup shutdown after 20 months.
-Max team size handled- 16 people for US based Startup.
-Domains: E-commerce, SaaS, Fintech, Blockchain
-Did first startup (an event management co-that failed) in 2013 in college.

Certifications:
-IBM Data Science Professional Certification
- Google Analytics Advanced
- Google Ads

Extra Curricular:
-Run a 3 yr old Educational Blog about Blockchain/Cryptocurrencies
-Self-learning Product Enthusiast
-Singer
-Blogger with 10yr of experience and 1m+ views on Quora(E)

Please advise about my chances!
What IIM could I get at my current score if I decide not to try to increase score by giving another attempt.
If i need to give another attempt what will be the safe GMAT Score?

Thanks

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Tridisha1, Chethan92, vikgupta07: plz spend your 2 precious mins and look at above profile and provide your valuable inputs!
TIA

IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
alokm2512 wrote:
Dear Tridisha1, Chethan92, vikgupta07: plz spend your 2 precious mins and look at above profile and provide your valuable inputs!
TIA

Are you looking for an executive MBA or MBA for executives?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vikgupta07 I am eyeing for 1 yr mba Programs in India for 5+ yrs experienced individuals.

IIM School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
alokm2512 wrote:
vikgupta07 I am eyeing for 1 yr mba Programs in India for 5+ yrs experienced individuals.

You definitely have an awesome profile.

I would advise you to work some more on the GMAT score. Try and raise it up by 40-50 points. On the current description given, admission in A/B/C or ISB would be tough. Generally, a lot is expected out of engineers in terms of their profile and diversification. The appraisal on your GMAT score would definitely enhance your candidature for these Premium B schools.

If you are applying for SPJIMR, the profile is ok. Just work on crafting good essays.

P.s. This is all a personal suggestion basis my experience with my application.

Thanks,
Vikram
Intern
Intern
Send PM
vikgupta07 Thanks for putting your time and the kind suggestions Vikas.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Name/username: Darshil / DarshilPandya
Country/Location : India
Under-Graduate School : Vishwakarma Government Engineering College
Under-Graduate GPA: 7.3
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 710
Total Work Experience : 7 years
Pre-MBA Industry : IT Services & Consulting
Target industry post-MBA: IT Consulting
Brief about Work Experience :
- 4 years as Associate Consultant at Capgemini
- Short stint at Cognizant
- 2 years as team lead at NCR Corp
- 1 year as Support Engineer at Microsoft
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Got recommendation from managers
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Hobbyist photographer, District level Table Tennis Champion, Volunteer for Bird Rescue NGO
International Experience : NA
Scholarship Given? : No
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : I have traversed through different roles in the IT services & consulting sector. Starting from software engineer to leading an offshore development team, I know how a project is managed. But, in order to understand how an organization operates and maintains competitive advantage, I must go for an MBA.
Short-Term Goal : Leadership role at foremost technology consulting firm
Long-Term Goal : CTO/CEO
Link to your interview debrief: NA. You can DM me if you need guidance.
(You can add your interview experience HERE and paste the link above )
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : Yes
Any comments, feelings, advice to share?: Clear your thoughts and make an informed decision about why you want to do an MBA. Setting up clear goals post-MBA and how will you achieve those goals by doing an MBA, are the most important questions that you yourself would need answers too. If you have these answers then you can definitely crack MBA interviews.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V36 (Online)
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.11
Send PM
VatsalSinha wrote:
Name/username: Vatsal Kumar Sinha
Country/Location : India/ Chhattisgarh
Under-Graduate School : National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur
Under-Graduate GPA: 7.37
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 710 (Online GMAT- would advise against it)
Total Work Experience : 5.4 years
Pre-MBA Industry : Metals and Mining/ Manufacturing
Target industry post-MBA: Consulting/Manufacturing
Brief about Work Experience : Currently working in the country's largest mining major. Also have experience of working in 3 majors steel producers in the country. Roles and responsibilities broadly included Project Management, Operations Planning, Shift Operations In-Charge.
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Manager and one Senior Colleague
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Volunteering for a tourism based startup in Bastar. After work teaching for DAV Students as a part of CSR. State-Level Basketball player and University Captain. Avid quizzer, voracious reader. Also recite poems as a pastime
International Experience : None.
Scholarship Given? : None
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Accelerated growth (both professional and personal) and tougher challenges.
Short-Term Goal : Consultant/ Operations Manager
Long-Term Goal : CXO
Link to your interview debrief: Will post later.
Did you use the help of an MBA Consultant? : None.

Hi, you have mentioned that you advised against online GMAT, why?

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 93 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V42
Send PM
Shashank933 wrote:
VatsalSinha wrote:
Brief about Work Experience : Currently working in the country's largest mining major. Also have experience of working in 3 majors steel producers in the country. Roles and responsibilities broadly included Project Management, Operations Planning, Shift Operations In-Charge.
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Manager and one Senior Colleague
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Volunteering for a tourism based startup in Bastar. After work teaching for DAV Students as a part of CSR. State-Level Basketball player and University Captain. Avid quizzer, voracious reader. Also recite poems as a pastime
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Accelerated growth (both professional and personal) and tougher challenges.

For IIM A and C they have mentioned they are accepting online GMAT this year only. So maybe that is the reason. Maybe it will change but as of now it is mentioned on website that they will accept online gmat this year only.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
ad18 wrote:
Shashank933 wrote:
VatsalSinha wrote:

For IIM A and C they have mentioned they are accepting online GMAT this year only. So maybe that is the reason. Maybe it will change but as of now it is mentioned on website that they will accept online gmat this year only.

This is such a controversial issue line added by two most prestigious institutions. As GMAT online at home version started as temporary measure but now it is become permanent method to appear in the exam and I wonder how these institutions will exclude members who got desired scores in the online method like I got.

However, I have emailed both the institutions to clarify on this issue as the GMAT officials says online GMAT at home is as valid and authentic like test centre version for five years.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [2]
Send PM
Kudos