Last visit was: 05 May 2024, 00:33 It is currently 05 May 2024, 00:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73033 [158]
Given Kudos: 18907
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73033 [0]
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Forum Quiz V3.0 - Adaptive Update [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thank you for the suggestion. It’s a great idea. It seems we may get a more advanced version off the form quiz but we need to do more development for creating a single quiz.

As to the filtering in the error log - You can do that today but you need to download the Excel version of your error log. The Excel version has a lot more details than what’s available online. Frankly, we just didn’t have enough space to fit in all of the columns.

siddharthkapoor wrote:
bb, I have a couple of thoughts to share with you related to the Forum Quiz Mode.

Do you think it would be useful to have options to select the number of questions and total time just in case a user wants to further customize the quiz according to his/her needs, such as attempt a quiz under GMAT like conditions rather than practice mode or track/check speed under a time constraint, etc.?

Also, do you think it makes sense to have a filter for Types (or Topics) in My Error Log?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 45
Schools: LBS MiM "23
Send PM
Kudos
Hi bb, this is extremely amazing. Can't thank you enough for this.

Just wanted to suggest you to add features of customized timer and selection of questions (difficulty and no. of questions). This would be very helpful. Once you add the feature of mixing multiple types of questions we can take sectional tests if this is made possible.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you for the suggestion AG95. We have implemented ability to switch your Answers BEFORE you click NEXT.
So you can click C. Then A, then D and it will save it as D at the end.

Please note that the timer stops when you click one of the answer choices so if you click A and then think for another minute and then choose D, it will not reflect that minute in the records

AG95 wrote:
bb wrote:
AG95 wrote:
Hey this is really good feature.

Couple of suggestions:
1. Can we have flexibility in choosing the numbers of questions which we want to have. Now, by default it is throwing 50 questions
2. During the quiz, once an answer has been selected we can't change the answer. however, having the flexibility to toggle between answer choices would be great.

Thanks Again :)

Thank you for the suggestion.
The idea is that if you want fewer questions, you will just terminate the quiz basically. You don't have to take all 50. However, I totally get your point and we will add this feature.

About the changing of the answer, you mean going back to previous questions and changing your answers or just while you are on that question and after you clicked ABCDE but before you clicked Next?
(technically your clock stops after you click ABCDE so that's the fair way but I interested in hearing more :cool:)

No while doing the quiz, once you click on a particular answer that answer gets locked. However, in actual exam as well, you can change the answers of the question. I am not asking to go back but while you are on the question you should have the flexibility of toggling among answer choices (A/B/C/D/E).
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
vpt2021 wrote:
Hi bb, this is extremely amazing. Can't thank you enough for this.

Just wanted to suggest you to add features of customized timer and selection of questions (difficulty and no. of questions). This would be very helpful. Once you add the feature of mixing multiple types of questions we can take sectional tests if this is made possible.

Thank you for the suggestion. We will work on it and hopefully have something in 4-6 weeks. Perhaps right about the time of MBA Spotlight.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 147
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
hi bb

I had subscribed for the free trial on 13th May, but cancelled the subscription before the allotted 7 days, since my GMAT date was on 14th May, and I did not need the subscription any longer. However, I saw today that my credit card was still charged for the quiz subscription. I confirmed that the quiz subscription is not active. Could you please let me know if anything else needs to be done from my end?
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
aritrar4 wrote:
hi bb

I had subscribed for the free trial on 13th May, but cancelled the subscription before the allotted 7 days, since my GMAT date was on 14th May, and I did not need the subscription any longer. However, I saw today that my credit card was still charged for the quiz subscription. I confirmed that the quiz subscription is not active. Could you please let me know if anything else needs to be done from my end?

Thank you. Sorry about that. I will refund ASAP and make sure your subscription is canceled and most importantly figure out why. The interesting thing is that I can't find your username in the list of those who did a trial or signed up for the quiz. Any chance you have another username?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [3]
Given Kudos: 147
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Kudos
Hi bb,

My apologies to you. Now that you've mentioned it I realized now that I was indeed using another account by the name of roytots for the last couple of weeks before my GMAT exam. The reason was to attempt all the official questions afresh.

I checked that account just now and found that I'd actually forgotten to unsubscribe from the quiz after my exam. I've unsubscribed now, so all is well and I do not need the refund for the subscription, since it was a mistake from my end.

On a side-note, I wanted to thank you for the wonderful platform that GMAT Club is, and now that I'm done with the GMAT phase of my MBA journey I hope to reach out to you and other wonderful members on this platform for guidance on the subsequent steps in the pursuit of my MBA. Keep up the great work ! :)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73033 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you so much for clarifying it! I was going a bit crazy not being able to find you :blushing:
Sounds good. I am more than happy to issue you a refund and cancel the subscription. Even if it is your issue, there is no reason to pay for it if you did not intend it. I will go ahead and refund it and cancel your subscription. If you want to use it, just re-subscribe... though sounds like you are done :-)

P.S. Good luck. MBA is a stage of its own. Here is a good multi-step guide: https://gmatclub.com/forum/applying-to- ... 54781.html

I would highly recommend registering for the MBA Spotlight Top 20 MBA Fair that will be June 14-30th (It is 9 days across 3 weeks).
We will have a lot of the Top Schools participate: All US Top 20, looks like INSEAD joined, IESE, HEC, ISB, Schulich, and perhaps a few more I am forgetting about.

https://gmatclub.com/forum/ucp.php?mode=fair_register

P.S. We are also looking for people to participate and lead some of these sessions. Nikhil is conducting interviews for hosts/moderators this and next week ;-)

aritrar4 wrote:
Hi bb,

My apologies to you. Now that you've mentioned it I realized now that I was indeed using another account by the name of roytots for the last couple of weeks before my GMAT exam. The reason was to attempt all the official questions afresh.

I checked that account just now and found that I'd actually forgotten to unsubscribe from the quiz after my exam. I've unsubscribed now, so all is well and I do not need the refund for the subscription, since it was a mistake from my end.

On a side-note, I wanted to thank you for the wonderful platform that GMAT Club is, and now that I'm done with the GMAT phase of my MBA journey I hope to reach out to you and other wonderful members on this platform for guidance on the subsequent steps in the pursuit of my MBA. Keep up the great work ! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 306
Send PM
Kudos
hi bb can we have an option to have quiz of bookmarked questions? right now options are unattempted, correct and mistakes only.
TIA.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
AG95 wrote:
hi bb can we have an option to have quiz of bookmarked questions? right now options are unattempted, correct and mistakes only.
TIA.

Thank you for the suggestion…. So it would be regardless of the status such as attempted or unattempted… or I guess they would all be attempted?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 306
Send PM
bb wrote:
AG95 wrote:
TIA.

Thank you for the suggestion…. So it would be regardless of the status such as attempted or unattempted… or I guess they would all be attempted?

bb Not necessarily all attempted. basically we do bookmark few questions , some of the questions can be the ones which we find good and to be revised later or some questions can be the ones which we want to attempt later. so we can have a filter for bookmarked question. It will be really helpful. before exam, i would wanna go through the questions which i have bookmarked.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 200 [1]
Given Kudos: 217
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 600 Q44 V28
GPA: 3.56
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Great it fixed it for you. If you guys have other issues, don’t be shy. I appreciate your good wishes but we do want to fix the bugs 😬😎

A big thank you for this great initiative bb... and more for such positive and humble attitude...!!

I signed up today and enjoyed the quiz (a short 5 question quiz as an experiment).
Mu suggestion for adding filter:
1. A filter to exclude already attempted questions (Show new/unattempted questions only)
2. A filter to attempt only questions that I got wrong
3. A filter to attempt questions where I took more than 2 minutes

In a nutshell, I would like to suggest feature that Target Test Prep already has implemented: First step name the quiz, second step select topic, third step select difficulty level and final step, on top of difficulty level, topic selected, apply filters (only new, only wrong, only with more than 2 minutes, only subtype viz; PS or DS.

I hope, I am NOT asking for too much.... but these are just suggestions and will help this refine this product/feature make a huge success.

Thanks again.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 200 [0]
Send PM
Screen prints of Quiz feature

Screenprint-1: Select questions to built a quiz

ScreenPrint-2: Add a question to quiz
Attachments

File comment: ScreenPrint-2:
Quiz Feature on club - 2.jpg
Quiz Feature on club - 2.jpg [ 266.04 KiB | Viewed 4787 times ]

File comment: Screenprint-1:
Quiz Feature on club.jpg
Quiz Feature on club.jpg [ 415.96 KiB | Viewed 4777 times ]

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you for the suggestions.

We have added an ability to take questions that took 2+ minutes.

We do have this type of an interface in the GMAT Club Tests and we will work on expanding the UI to provide ability to set number of questions :-)
https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/dashboa ... tquiz.html
(though you don't start with naming your quiz - you can name it at the very end)

TheGraceful wrote:
bb wrote:
Great it fixed it for you. If you guys have other issues, don’t be shy. I appreciate your good wishes but we do want to fix the bugs 😬😎

A big thank you for this great initiative bb... and more for such positive and humble attitude...!!

I signed up today and enjoyed the quiz (a short 5 question quiz as an experiment).
Mu suggestion for adding filter:
1. A filter to exclude already attempted questions (Show new/unattempted questions only)
2. A filter to attempt only questions that I got wrong
3. A filter to attempt questions where I took more than 2 minutes

In a nutshell, I would like to suggest feature that Target Test Prep already has implemented: First step name the quiz, second step select topic, third step select difficulty level and final step, on top of difficulty level, topic selected, apply filters (only new, only wrong, only with more than 2 minutes, only subtype viz; PS or DS.

I hope, I am NOT asking for too much.... but these are just suggestions and will help this refine this product/feature make a huge success.

Thanks again.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
bb wrote:
Thank you for the suggestions.

We have added an ability to take questions that took 2+ minutes.

We do have this type of an interface in the GMAT Club Tests and we will work on expanding the UI to provide ability to set number of questions :-)
https://gmatclub.com/tests-beta/dashboa ... tquiz.html
(though you don't start with naming your quiz - you can name it at the very end)

Thanks bb,

Yes building quiz is easy to use (screenprint-1 , in my above), However, adding a question to a quiz is NOT. And my suggestions9request) is for that.
Ex. I am using Broall's LSAT questions (day wise) and its mix of all CR subtypes of questions and am struggling to built quiz for those questions.

Thanks again for doing so much for us.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
Given Kudos: 209
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V30
Send PM
Kudos
Great initiative bb!

Few suggestions:
1. As we practice a myriad of questions, we bookmark many of them. Reattempting the bookmarked ones is very crucial for our learning, however they currently can be re-attempted one-by-one only. So, I would suggest to add a feature that allows us to select any number of question from the bookmarked question set and re-attempt them using this Forum Quiz Mode.

2. Can we utilize this Forum Quiz mode in a way that it gives us the flexibility to prepare a test set consisting all 3 verbal sections or both quant sections at a time?
(For eg: I could chose 25 questions: 8 SC +8 CR + 9 RC)

I hope this will make our learnings better.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 262
Send PM
Kudos
This awesome BB!

One suggestion - it would be great if there was a way to simulate an actual Quant OR Actual Verbal section. The mock tests have both naturally, but I think to build individual competencies and timing strategies, it would be incredibly helpful to do a Verbal only exam simulation or a Quant Only exam simulation.

Thank you for everything you do!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Kudos
thereisaFire wrote:
Great initiative bb!

Few suggestions:
1. As we practice a myriad of questions, we bookmark many of them. Reattempting the bookmarked ones is very crucial for our learning, however they currently can be re-attempted one-by-one only. So, I would suggest to add a feature that allows us to select any number of question from the bookmarked question set and re-attempt them using this Forum Quiz Mode.

2. Can we utilize this Forum Quiz mode in a way that it gives us the flexibility to prepare a test set consisting all 3 verbal sections or both quant sections at a time?
(For eg: I could chose 25 questions: 8 SC +8 CR + 9 RC)

I hope this will make our learnings better.

Yes bb,
Even I echo and request the same.

By the way, although this is NOT the correct thread, I take an opportunity to thank bb, Bunuel and club for GMATclub tests - I am really humbled by great GMATclub tests.. I should have explored those earlier...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  22