Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 20:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 20:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Booth '24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: ISB'22 (S)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [1]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.58
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Posting on behalf of tusharc92 who is unable to post because of 5 post restriction 😂. @manan4sg
——————————
Hi All,

Wanted a profile review and target GMAT score given the profile. Details are as follow:

1. Age - 28M
2. Education - CA
Motilal Nehru College (DU) - B.Com(H) - 53%
GMAT currently not taken

3. Work Ex
- PwC-Tax since 2016 (2 promotions)
- Consistent top 2 rater
- Awarded Dazzling Debut (for making an impact in the first 6 months; among a pool of 8)
- Multiple client appreciations and Above & Beyond awards
- Handling 20+ clients at any given moment with a team of 2
- Youngest member of PAN India PwC Automotive Sectoral Community

4. EC's
- Member of steering committee; organised multiple firm tournaments (sports, other firm events etc);
- Member of Diversity & Inclusion team @ PwC
- Hosted a regional level quiz for PwC employees
- Topped India leaderboard for HeForShe Campaign launched by PwC at a global level in partnership with UN
- Club level football player (won multiple tournaments for PwC as well)

5. Post MBA Goal
- Short term - Strategy Consulting
- Long term - Leadership / C Suite position

Please let me know if 650-680 would be a 'good enough' score to get an interview invite.

Thank you!

Posted from my mobile device
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sanjol,

It's okay to apply from a fresh id, but they will know you as a reapplicant since schools have your records. And it's okay not to have great changes in your profile as the time-lapse is small. Instead, you can focus on the aspects that may have led to failure last time and improve upon them.

Hope it helps!

Cheers!
Neha Hadke
Profile Analyst & Community Manager, MBA and Beyond
Testimonials
Email: neha@mbaandbeyond.com

Sanjol wrote:
I had applied to ISB last year R2 just out of curiosity and this year I’m planning to apply seriously for R1. There are no much changes in my profile, should I select the option of reapplicant?
Is it ok if I apply as a fresh applicant from a new email id?

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
ManasiDp wrote:
3. GMAT: N/A (Yet to take GMAT by July-end, targeting 700 to 720)

Hi ManasiDp, since your GMAT is in the next 8-10 days, you should be utilizing your every minute, on GMAT preparation, than anything else.

Profile evaluation can wait for 10 days; GMAT score should be your immediate and utmost priority. Rest assured, your profile is otherwise decent Manasi; try to maximize your score at this stage.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
SagarJaiswal wrote:
Post MBA goal- Would very much like to work in management consulting,

Hi SagarJaiswal, this needs to be thought thru. With your experience, management consulting might be deemed slightly generic role.

Since you have extensive experience in TCS Financial services, wondering if FinTech would be a better fit.
Director
Director
Send PM
Priyan25 wrote:
Work Ex- 3.5 yrs. (Digital Marketing)
Post MBA goals: Consulting

Hi Priyan25, need to ensure that the switch from Digital Marketing to Consulting, comes out as seamless and logical.

Any specific reason for this fascination with Consulting?
Director
Director
Send PM
89KT96 wrote:
GMAT score: 660 (Q49 V31)

Target 740 (Q50 V40)

This target score will do your aspirations a lot of favor 89KT96.

However, this 80 point jump in GMAT score that you are looking for, does not come easy.

Even if it takes you a couple of months of slogging, see how close you can get, to your target score.

Good luck!
Director
Director
Send PM
Sajal12 wrote:
Hi Experts,

May I request you to evaluate my profile for R1 at ISB?

10th - 10 CGPA CBSE
12th - 95.8% CBSE
Engineering (ECE) from a reputed tier-1 college - 82.4% - 2017 passout

Any discussion on profile, without a GMAT score, is a bit inconsequential Sajal12.

How are things looking like, on GMAT front?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.58
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Just bumping this if anyone can help tusharc92 out. Feel free to PM him directly or post here.

ravigupta2912 wrote:
Posting on behalf of tusharc92 who is unable to post because of 5 post restriction 😂. @manan4sg
——————————
Hi All,

Wanted a profile review and target GMAT score given the profile. Details are as follow:

1. Age - 28M
2. Education - CA
GMAT currently not taken

3. Work Ex
- Consistent top 2 rater
- Awarded Dazzling Debut (for making an impact in the first 6 months; among a pool of 8)

4. EC's
- Member of steering committee; organised multiple firm tournaments (sports, other firm events etc);
- Topped India leaderboard for HeForShe Campaign launched by PwC at a global level in partnership with UN

5. Post MBA Goal

Please let me know if 650-680 would be a 'good enough' score to get an interview invite.

Thank you!

VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello tusharc92

While most areas of your profile look pretty strong (Work experience shows potential, ECs are decent).
However, the GMAT score you are targeting looks lower to be confident of getting an interview call.
Considering your Career Goals (consulting) and past scores, I'll advise a 700+ to stand a decent chance.
Can it be done at 680? Sure, if you really present your story well showcasing a few spikes in your profile that can compensate for the lower than average GMAT score.
Can it be done at 650? Probability is very low.

You may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+918452954888 (https://gmatclub.com/chat)
MBAkarma.com
info@mbakarma.com

ravigupta2912 wrote:
——————————
Hi All,

1. Age - 28M
2. Education - CA
GMAT currently not taken

3. Work Ex
- Consistent top 2 rater

4. EC's

5. Post MBA Goal

Thank you!

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Can you guys please help me evaluate my profile.

Academics:-

10th (UP State Board): 74%
12th (UP Board of Intermediate Education): 76%
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (BBDNITM): 76%
M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (National Institute of Technology, Durgapur): 8.72/10 CGPA
GMAT - 760, Q51 & V41

Work Experience:-

8 Years Work Ex., Project Engineer, Siemens Ltd

I am having Eight years of experience in the power sector. My stint in power sector has allowed me to experience various problems and challenges that the power industry is facing and has also given me the chance to work on various parts of project management – right from planning to implementation to execution. I have also closely worked with my international counterparts from companies from Germany, Ohio, US.

I handled 5 plus at given point of time with a team more than 5 people.

My role includes coordinating with Internal/ External partners, Internal such as Engg., Commercial, Project Mgt., counterparts from various locations of company and External – Customers, Suppliers/Vendors, Contractors. I am also engaged in coordinating project timelines with internal departments and external stakeholders and monitoring project timelines and deadlines.

Extra curricular:

While in Job:

Active team member of Great place to work Initiative.

Core committee member of Company Annual Day function and take a leadership for making the schedule and strategies to make it happen successful.

Organizing the departmental excursion trips

Development/customization of IT tools and services

While in College:

Training and placement representative from our branch. Here I was used to contact different company and conduct the smooth recruitment process on the campus.

Core member of Annual college fest and Gymkhana member. It is sport and cultural club of college, we raise the funding and sponsorship from the various organization such as SAIL, DVC.. and conducted the fest.

Received ONGC scholarship for outstanding performance on academic in the 1st and 2nd semester.

Participated in NSS(National social services) and encouraged the social backward children for study of nearby villages.

Hobbies:

Playing volleyball and Badminton

Let me know my chances for ISB in particular and also other ways to improve my profile.

Post-MBA goals: Consulting, Strategy, Project management
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hi Mohitmi

Overall the profile looks good, no evident weaknesses.
Work profile, GMAT, ECs are all strong and diverse.
All you need to do is present well your 1) career goals 2) past achievements 3) tie with ISB.
No gyaan here, as long as you don't mess up the above 3, you have a strong chance.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

Mohitmi wrote:
Can you guys please help me evaluate my profile.

Academics:-

10th (UP State Board): 74%
12th (UP Board of Intermediate Education): 76%
B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (BBDNITM): 76%
M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering (National Institute of Technology, Durgapur): 8.72/10 CGPA
GMAT - 760, Q51 & V41

Work Experience:-

8 Years Work Ex., Project Engineer, Siemens Ltd

I am having Eight years of experience in the power sector. My stint in power sector has allowed me to experience various problems and challenges that the power industry is facing and has also given me the chance to work on various parts of project management – right from planning to implementation to execution. I have also closely worked with my international counterparts from companies from Germany, Ohio, US.

I handled 5 plus at given point of time with a team more than 5 people.

My role includes coordinating with Internal/ External partners, Internal such as Engg., Commercial, Project Mgt., counterparts from various locations of company and External – Customers, Suppliers/Vendors, Contractors. I am also engaged in coordinating project timelines with internal departments and external stakeholders and monitoring project timelines and deadlines.

Extra curricular:

While in Job:

Active team member of Great place to work Initiative.

Core committee member of Company Annual Day function and take a leadership for making the schedule and strategies to make it happen successful.

Organizing the departmental excursion trips

Development/customization of IT tools and services

While in College:

Training and placement representative from our branch. Here I was used to contact different company and conduct the smooth recruitment process on the campus.

Core member of Annual college fest and Gymkhana member. It is sport and cultural club of college, we raise the funding and sponsorship from the various organization such as SAIL, DVC.. and conducted the fest.

Received ONGC scholarship for outstanding performance on academic in the 1st and 2nd semester.

Participated in NSS(National social services) and encouraged the social backward children for study of nearby villages.

Hobbies:

Playing volleyball and Badminton

Let me know my chances for ISB in particular and also other ways to improve my profile.

Post-MBA goals: Consulting, Strategy, Project management
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Schools: ISB '23 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM

Originally posted by mbaagr on 25 Jul 2021, 22:29.
Last edited by mbaagr on 01 Feb 2022, 08:59, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
dentalmba123 wrote:
Industry I want to go to Post-MBA, my preference is PM, Consulting, IB.

This needs to be thought thru dentalmba123, since your goals should be broadly aligned with your academic and professional experiences so far.

In any case, these can be discussed later. Your immediate priority should be on maximizing your GMAT score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hello experts,
Appreciate it if you could evaluate my profile for the PGP program at ISB:

1. 10th - 10 CGPA (CBSE merit certificate holder )
12th - 96.6%
UG - 9.52 ( Chemical Engineering from JNTUH - CEH )

2. Currently 1 yrs Work Ex ( 2.5 years at the time of joining ) as a Graduate Engineer Trainee - ITC Paperboards and specialty paper Division ( Responsible for delivering timely solutions for manufacturing problems, ensuring highest customer satisfaction and innovation to keep up with the ever dynamic market )
Worked as an intern in CPCL (a Subsidiary of IOCL ) ( Mostly observational)
3. Yet to take the GMAT ( Targeting a 730 )
4. Achievements - School Basketball team captain and part of the school and college cricket team, Part of a project in B.Tech to ensure better and cheaper ways of access to pure drinking water in remote areas, Third prize in the essay writing competition held by IIChE, Various other certificates at the school and college level for various extracurricular activities.
5. Positions of Responsibility - Technical Coordinator of Genos'20 ( A national level technical symposium for chemical engineers conducted by Chem Department, JNTUH-CEH )
Placement officer for the Department of Chemical Engineering (2019-2020)
6. Hobbies - Singing, Technology, rhetoric, Football, basketball, and cricket ( school and college teams ), food
7. Volunteering - Worked as the Concept team lead for an NGO recently to promote 3 goals ( Mental Wellbeing, Sustainable Living, and Wildlife conservation ) during the pandemic, Rotaract Club of ITC-PSPD ( InBhadra )

Post-MBA goal:-
Short-term goal: A product manager at global tech companies like Google, Amazon, etc.
Long-term goal: Work at a venture capitalist firm to promote and unearth the latest tech innovations.

Should I apply for early admit in 2022?
What are my chances of getting into ISB with this profile?
Target GMAT score?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Schools: ISB'22
Send PM
Hi,
Please review my profile.
10th grade - 94.18%, school topper
12th grade - 87.33%, won a national scholarship for securing Top 1%ile rank in higher secondary exam
Undergrad - Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering, Mumbai University, 7.76/10 CGPA (First Class with Distinction), led design & then operations for college's FSAE team (student formula race-car construction & competition)
Extra-curricular - worked as Project Manager with AIESEC Navi Mumbai (local chapter of the world's largest youth-run org striving for peace through international exchanges & youth leadership) in 2016 to improve vocabulary & social skills of 700+ underprivileged children. Then headed the Business Development department of 16+ for the same local chapter in 2017 to raise record funds through events & partnerships. Created a board of advisors including prominent local leaders such as Dr Velumani (founder of Thyrocare) & Franav Pillai (chair of Pillai's education society). We won the local award for best department & the national award for best local chapter.
Notable accomplishments during AIESEC : adopted a village & raised sponsorship for the primary & secondary school education of 17 underprivileged children. Became a city-based licencee to lead a team of 12+ for planning & executing a TEDx event at 97% profitability & 9/10 NPS with 0 detractors.
Work ex - assistant channel marketing manager with Godrej & Boyce (one of the largest private Ltd manufacturing cos in India). Responsible for retail sales & profit growth (both have been in double-digit CAGR since last 4 years through times of GST implementation, demonetization, covid-19 & lockdowns) as well as channel mgmt for non-urban domestic markets. Manages business development, primary & secondary network development & sales force effectiveness in 331 semi-urban & rural Indian towns. Leads MIS & sales reporting at all levels of stakeholders (from channel partners to CEO) as well as fin mgmt & accountability of B2C trade budget. Handles systems development, process automation & sales forecasting for B2C dept. Trains, reviews & develops sales team members. Granted the best performance rating (Top 5%ile of performers in 10000+ strong org).
Skills - expert at Excel, VBA, Alteryx & PowerPoint.
Exp GMAT - 710-720
Future goals - VC & growth hacking for cutting-edge consumer tech as well as home-grown healthy & sustainable FMCG brands.

Originally posted by mandeep2295 on 26 Jul 2021, 15:25.
Last edited by mandeep2295 on 27 Jul 2021, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1137
Schools: NUS '23
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile:

GMAT: 650
W.E.: 3 years
Employer: Big4 firm
Function: Advisory
Engineering Graduate
Extracurriculars: Committee head for multiple committees at university level

Additionally, please note that due to toxic circumstances at work, I am considering leaving my current job without another offer in hand at present. I am on the lookout for another job or may take a little break to prepare for a few certifications. Please suggest if this would impact my chances? If yes, please suggest how I should deal with such a circumstance in case this is brought up during interviews or otherwise.
Thank you very much.

Originally posted by uzumakinaruto444 on 27 Jul 2021, 01:37.
Last edited by uzumakinaruto444 on 01 Aug 2021, 03:01, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
Send PM
uzumakinaruto444 wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile:

GMAT: 650
W.E.: 2 years
Employer: Big4 firm
Function: Risk Advisory - IT Audit
Engineering Graduate
Multiple publications
Extracurriculars: Committee head for multiple committees at university level, singing, writing

Additionally, please note that due to toxic circumstances at work, I am considering leaving my current job without another offer in hand at present. I am on the lookout for another job or may take a little break to prepare for a few certifications. Please suggest if this would impact my chances? If yes, please suggest how I should deal with such a circumstance in case this is brought up during interviews or otherwise.
Thank you very much.

Hi uzumakinaruto444, I understand things are not going great for you professionally, but your current score (650) isn't going to take you places :|

Also, leaving a job without any other job at hand, is definitely not a great idea from application perspective, since this might obligate you with the needless complication of explaining a professional gap in your career.

--
Regards,
Ashish.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  224   225   226   227   228  ...  307