Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 05:23 It is currently 11 May 2024, 05:23

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [1]
Given Kudos: 113
Schools:Yale SOM Class of 2012
 Q48  V51
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q42  V49
Send PM
Re: Calling All Fall 2010 Yale SOM Applicants [#permalink]
nink - or maybe there are more GMATClubbers applying to Yale thanks to a rather diligent promoter / moderator.. :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:Chicago, Yale, UCLA, Duke (Withdrawn), Stanford, Berkeley
Send PM
i just got an invite today. it's my first interview, so i'm a tad nervous.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Are there international applicants (residing outside of the US) who received an R2 interview invite already?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
 Q48  V51
Send PM
saw this posted over at BW regarding the new dean at SOM: Edward Snyder (current dean at Booth):

https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=83798

edit - here's the link to the blurb on ysom's site: https://mba.yale.edu/news_events/CMS/Articles/7073.shtml
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
shadowsjc wrote:
saw this posted over at BW regarding the new dean at SOM: Edward Snyder (current dean at Booth):

https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... &tid=83798

edit - here's the link to the blurb on ysom's site: https://mba.yale.edu/news_events/CMS/Articles/7073.shtml

He's coming tomorrow to introduce himself to the students and rest of YSOM.

He will be a great dean for the future of the school (although the current interim dean is awesome herself).
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Entertainment
Schools:Chicago (Ding w/Interview), Kellogg(Ding), Darden (Int), NYU (Rd 2), USC (Rd 2)
 Q47  V37
Send PM
U. of C. Booth dean goes to Yale
By Greg Burns

Tribune staff reporter

12:46 p.m. CST, January 20, 2010

The business-school dean who landed a $300 million donation for the University of Chicago has agreed to serve as dean at the Yale School of Management in Connecticut, beginning July 1, 2011.

Edward "Ted" Snyder announced last month that he would be stepping down from Chicago's Booth School of Business as of June 30. Following a year's leave, he will replace Sharon M. Oster at Yale.

Snyder has headed the Chicago business school since 2001, and in 2008 announced a $300 million gift from alumnus David Booth and his family, the university's largest donation ever. The school was renamed in Booth's honor.

When he announced his decision to step down last month, Snyder cited an unofficial policy at Booth limiting the tenure of its deans to two five-year terms. His final term would have expired in 2011.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools:Yale, Michigan, Cornell $$, Duke
 Q45  V46
Send PM
Great news about Snyder!

Bamo, wasn't this very news described as a ridiculous impossibility in your thread on Yale v. Cornell over at BW? All the sweeter for it....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Darden, Duke, Booth, Texas, Georgetown
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Has anyone applied in mid November and still not heard back anything? I am starting to lose hope :(
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [0]
 Q48  V51
Send PM
orgninja wrote:
Great news about Snyder!

Bamo, wasn't this very news described as a ridiculous impossibility in your thread on Yale v. Cornell over at BW? All the sweeter for it....

a poster on BW had "bet his life savings" that this (Snyder coming to YSOM) wouldn't occur :lol: . at least he was man up to admit he was wrong
Current Student
 Q45  V46
Send PM
shadowsjc wrote:
orgninja wrote:
Great news about Snyder!

a poster on BW had "bet his life savings" that this (Snyder coming to YSOM) wouldn't occur :lol: . at least he was man up to admit he was wrong

Ha, I just wandered over to check that out! I probably should have looked before posting, these message boards advance so quickly while I'm at work until 9:00.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: GLOBASE Leadership Team Member (Global Business, Social Enterprise)
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Supply Chain & Operations
WE 1: 4 years, nonprofit administration
WE 2: Internship: Cummins, Inc.
Send PM
shadowsjc wrote:

How useful are the BW forum postings compared to this website? I am pretty new to this networking with other applicants (although it's nice to know I'm not the only one struggling through essays, anxiously waiting for school responses, etc) and don't know if it's worth also going to BW or if it's pretty much the same content...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 249 [1]
 Q48  V51
Send PM
Kudos
here is a thread that talks about some of the differences between BW and this site: why-is-everyone-here-so-nice-83818.html

to sum up though, BW is an unmoderated forum. people get into petty arguments about school rankings, jobs, dubai.. pretty much anything. no one is there to steer discussions in the right direction, or to delete blatantly racist, sexist or otherwise unnecessary posts.

i feel that here on GC, we do a good job of weeding out trolls, and also invite and encourage open dialog about b-school applications and b-school life.

as far as information, i would take any information you read on the web with a grain of salt - regardless of whether it comes from GC, BW, or anywhere. most of us here are either students or applicants. we try and post factual information when we have it, and other times give opinions based on our observations. i think one of the flaws with BW is that opinion is oftentimes (i'd go as far as saying "regularly") passed on as fact, whereas here we tend to differentiate the two.

i'd invite you to continue browsing through gmatclub and contribute whenever you can. good luck on all of your apps
Current Student
 Q45  V46
Send PM
tcha5782 wrote:
shadowsjc wrote:

How useful are the BW forum postings compared to this website? I am pretty new to this networking with other applicants (although it's nice to know I'm not the only one struggling through essays, anxiously waiting for school responses, etc) and don't know if it's worth also going to BW or if it's pretty much the same content...

To follow up on the last response, my opinion is that your preference between the two is personal.

- If a nice discussion is important to you, you'll probably prefer GC.
- If you'd prefer to hear information from professional admissions consultants, BW is the way to go.
- If you want to hear from current students, GC.
- If you are 100% committed to working in investment banking / private equity / or for only the "finest" hedge fund and want to only consider everything from that point of view, again BW.
- If you, on the other hand, you'd like constant reminders of why you don't want to work with IB / PE / hedge fund people... actually BW does that for me, too.

I read BW, particularly the Ask Sandy thread, for entertainment. I come to GC and actually post here because I think it's useful and it's structured in a way that makes me want to participate.
Intern
Intern
 Q48  V46
Send PM
orgninja wrote:
Great news about Snyder!

Yeah I brought the idea up on that thread and a few guys quickly shut me down and yes, one guy was willing to bet his life savings that Snyder or the Kellogg dean will not come to SOM.

Of course those guys are BW are now saying how Yale probably paid Snyder gazillions to sign up, but I have a feeling it has more to do with the Yale name. Snyder went from Darden, to Michigan to Chicago. I think he probably wanted more impact out of his last stop, but that's just my two cents. When Snyder took on Chicago in 2000 that school was ranked 10th as well. Let's see if he can take Yale all the way to the top
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
hey guys..
new to the forum..i applied to Yale for R2.I believe the i/v invites have started rolling out.
But when I look at my app,it still shows that they are awaiting my undergrad transcripts,but when i see the application,i can see the transcripts uploaded.
Should i cross check with them?the website says to wait for 4 weeks before the status change,but Yale is my top choice and im kinda nervous.!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 123 [0]
Send PM
richap wrote:
hey guys..
new to the forum..i applied to Yale for R2.I believe the i/v invites have started rolling out.
But when I look at my app,it still shows that they are awaiting my undergrad transcripts,but when i see the application,i can see the transcripts uploaded.
Should i cross check with them?the website says to wait for 4 weeks before the status change,but Yale is my top choice and im kinda nervous.!

Go ahead & check with them.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
GPA: 3.7
WE 1: 1.5 years in Banking/Capital Markets
WE 2: ~1 year in financial services/risk mgmt
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I have my Yale interview coming up next week. Any suggestions/things I should focus on?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  46