Last visit was: 13 May 2024, 23:07 It is currently 13 May 2024, 23:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [18]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016 [#permalink]
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
Great debrief Ankur. Seems your interview went off excellently. All the best.

Lets see how it turns up on the 15th :)
BTw I like the change in colour of your name. From purple to light green :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Can Nov. 15 come any sooner? Please! :P
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
BTw I like the change in colour of your name. From purple to light green :)

For that all thanks to Narenn
Retired Moderator
Send PM
razordude1717 wrote:
Can Nov. 15 come any sooner? Please! :P

Hahaha ... everyone who is done with the interview is hoping the same :)
SVP
SVP
Status:<strong>Nothing comes easy: neither do I want.</strong>
Own Kudos [?]: 3607 [6]
Given Kudos: 235
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
I wish you all good luck for ISB results that are a month away. And guys those who are gearing up for Nov 30 deadline - make sure you give your best shot. I wish to contribute a lot here, but ISB is keeping me quite busy. I m sure all selected applicants would agree next year. ;)

But still, I will try to visit this thread and resolve some queries. I had promised this earlier, so please accept my apologies for not being upto mark.

Just one word suggestion for upcoming applicants - GMAT is not the only criteria !!

On side note, make sure you follow everything about ISB at all channels of facebook and twitter. The more you know about the school, the better your chance of presenting a sound application.

These links should help :

https://www.facebook.com/ISBadmissions
https://www.facebook.com/ISBedu
https://twitter.com/ISBedu
https://twitter.com/ISB_PGP
https://blogs.isb.edu/admissionsdirector/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk--qM ... _XbSN9BGew

What's the life at ISB?

Do not forget to like https://www.facebook.com/LifeAtISB?
Follow Twitter : https://twitter.com/LifeAtISB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
gurpreetsingh wrote:
I wish you all good luck for ISB results that are a month away. And guys those who are gearing up for Nov 30 deadline - make sure you give your best shot. I wish to contribute a lot here, but ISB is keeping me quite busy. I m sure all selected applicants would agree next year. ;)

But still, I will try to visit this thread and resolve some queries. I had promised this earlier, so please accept my apologies for not being upto mark.

Just one word suggestion for upcoming applicants - GMAT is not the only criteria !!

On side note, make sure you follow everything about ISB at all channels of facebook and twitter. The more you know about the school, the better your chance of presenting a sound application.

These links should help :

https://www.facebook.com/ISBadmissions
https://www.facebook.com/ISBedu
https://twitter.com/ISBedu
https://twitter.com/ISB_PGP
https://blogs.isb.edu/admissionsdirector/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk--qM ... _XbSN9BGew

What's the life at ISB?

Do not forget to like https://www.facebook.com/LifeAtISB?
Follow Twitter : https://twitter.com/LifeAtISB

Thanks a lot gurpreetsingh.

Can you tell a bit about life at ISB? Is it very hectic or does one get time to pursue some ECAs?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 159 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
I have a question for the experts and current ISB students.

ankurgupta03 gurpreetsingh pan18 llewellyn75 MBADecoder

Please throw some light on the following question how much is the ISB interview weighted in the overall application (would be great if you could put a %age fig, even approx)? Or does it become the whole and sole criteria if you have been invited to the interview? I am sure a lot of R1 folks here are wondering about this question after their interviews.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
gmatbugsme84 wrote:

Please throw some light on the following question how much is the ISB interview weighted in the overall application (would be great if you could put a %age fig, even approx)? Or does it become the whole and sole criteria if you have been invited to the interview? I am sure a lot of R1 folks here are wondering about this question after their interviews.

I do not think I have any knowledge on this topic. All I know is that they have a holistic selection procedure :D
pan18 visited this forum for the last time on on Apr 08, 2014 12:53 am :D

P.S. I have 99 followers. Can anyone please start following me and make that count to 100 :P :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
gmatbugsme84 wrote:

I do not think I have any knowledge on this topic. All I know is that they have a holistic selection procedure :D
pan18 visited this forum for the last time on on Apr 08, 2014 12:53 am :D

P.S. I have 99 followers. Can anyone please start following me and make that count to 100 :P :)

Done - Now you have 100 followers. In turn, get me my seat at ISB!!!! :-D

Now waiting for others to post a reply to my question.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
gmatbugsme84 wrote:

Done - Now you have 100 followers. In turn, get me my seat at ISB!!!! :-D

Now waiting for others to post a reply to my question.

Hahaha ... :D I wish I could have done that. Would have done for all the active members on this forum :)
therock99 too started following me. I have 101 :D
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Where is everyone. Can we have more debriefs. Also, what is the status of the calls?
How many of you are still waiting? And for which location?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Where is everyone. Can we have more debriefs. Also, what is the status of the calls?

I had chosen Mumbai location; however, not received any call yet. Any chance that I may get an invite for Hyderabad location as Mumbai calls may have exhausted or something. What should be the Realistic last date till which I should be hoping for the call?

Thanks.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 588 [1]
Given Kudos: 165
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ankurgupta03 wrote:

Ankur, I am your follower too!
So that makes it 101 after GMATbugsme pressed the button!

Gmatbugsme - I agree with Ankur that its a holistic process. But your interview is given the major importance once you are called for it. Your Someone's bad performance there will guarantee him/her a rejection.

There is no better evaluation of a person as compared to a face-to-face, which an interview gives.

But don't speculate on this- just do your best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
ladl1 wrote:
I had chosen Mumbai location; however, not received any call yet. Any chance that I may get an invite for Hyderabad location as Mumbai calls may have exhausted or something. What should be the Realistic last date till which I should be hoping for the call?

Thanks.

Nov 7th is the last date for interviews at Hyderabad. Theoretically, they could call you till that date for an interview at Hyderabad even if you set your preference to Mumbai or some other location.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
There is no better evaluation of a person as compared to a face-to-face, which an interview gives.

I wholeheartedly agree. But, then doesn't this process have a lot of subjectivity built into it by design. All interviewers may not give the same rating to even one particular individual. Or that individual may be having a bad day!

In any case I agree that one should strive for his/her best performance. But, one can't help - the mind wanders as if it has its own "mind".

Looking back at my own interview, there was no other way it could have gone on any other day, had the questions/interviewers stayed the same. Just that one of my interviewers and I decided to "respectfully agree to disagree", as neither could be convinced of the other (he didn't agree with my logic and I couldn't agree with him - as it would have meant that my choice of career so far has been incorrect!).

I guess I'll find out what they thought of me on 15th Nov. :-D
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Any one having their interview tomorrow?
Let me know if you have any doubts.

Will be happy to help!

All the best!
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [10]
Given Kudos: 97
Send PM
Kudos