GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 May 2019, 04:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Mar 2014
Posts: 34
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2014, 22:36
I repeat my question. I have no update on my application portal of accept/reject. I applied for Delhi interviews. Someone on this forum must know whether it means rejection or ISB has not given out all the interview calls for Delhi yet?
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1391
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2014, 22:55
1
RB3007 wrote:
I repeat my question. I have no update on my application portal of accept/reject. I applied for Delhi interviews. Someone on this forum must know whether it means rejection or ISB has not given out all the interview calls for Delhi yet?


I have seen people reporting calls for 12th in Delhi. So I think they have rolled out the calls.
Having said that, sometimes ISB does not have enough slots to accommodate all the applicants in the preferred location and in such a case, we cannot consider this as rejection.

The portal is updated only for those who receive the call. For the rest, portal is update dafter the final results.

So, the best thing would be to call up ISB and ask if they have rolled out all the calls.
_________________
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1391
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2014, 23:00
2
1
Recommended Dress code and helpful comments for people travelling to Hyderabad for the interview.

Boys:
Formal dress code - Shirt (white, blue, checks, self, or striped). Avoid too dark or too colored shirts; Pant - pleated (prefer it if your are not planning to wear jacket, I mean coat/blazer). If possible avoid tees. If suits you, and max, wear polo t-short. However, avoid one with messages. Do not flash "Jockey" or "Calvin Klein" (Boys will understand this)

Suit is recommended, if you are comfortable wearing it.

Girls:
Office casuals or formal dress code. Avoid, if possible, the combinations with too much of contrast.

All:
Any good deo or mild EDT or cologne is sufficient.
Avoid slippers or sports shoes (preferably boys if not planning to wear jeans)

Other helpful tips for those who are travelling from other cities:
Those who are travelling from other cities, make sure that you select a hotel nearby ISB (ask me if you need any help - Hyderabad only).
Hotel Aditya Inn and Hotel M are some of the hotels which are in the 5-7 km radius of ISB
If planning to stay at other end of the city, prefer to book Meru Cab or Yellow Taxi (in advance) rather than taking auto.
If reaching Hyderabad through morning flight, you can take AC bus (ask if it will pass through Gachibowli, take a drop at Gachibowli Circle underneath bridge, and hire a auto to ISB. Auto will take 5 minutes max).
You can also hire a prepaid taxi from the airport. They will burn a smaller hole in your pocket as compared to the hole by Meru cabs

All the Best!

Let me know if you need any other information
_________________
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1391
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2014, 23:01
1
1
Below are the two links from the ISB blog about the interview preparation.

Interview Tips by ISB
Preparing for the ISB PGP interview
_________________
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1391
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2014, 23:04
1
EDMlover wrote:
The ones who got an interview call.. When did you submit your application ?


I submitted my application on the 14th of Sept.
However, I think this information will not be useful in finding out the pattern in which ISB release the results.
_________________
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2010
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2014, 23:35
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
bullzeye wrote:
11th it is! But I have a concern. I'd asked the adcom if they could change my interview location and they said they would consider. But I've still got Hyd only. Should I again request them to ask for a transfer of location or should I go ahead with the interview? The only reason that I want another location is its closer home and like a second home.


Best option in my view, drop them an email on this now and call them first thing Monday morning. But, I'd still make travel arrangements now in case they won't be abke to accommodate your request. Also, I'd stay away from saying that "Bangalore is like a second home" as the reason for the request. It could certainly go against you, if they feel that you're not willing to step out of your comfort zone.


I just wouldn't definitely not say that! Blr works just fine logistically and economically. That's it. But I think I have little, or better yet, no other option left to talk to them on Monday ( I got the call sat early morning), as I have to accept the invitation within 48 hrs!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Posts: 343
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2014, 23:50
1
ankurgupta03 wrote:
RB3007 wrote:
I repeat my question. I have no update on my application portal of accept/reject. I applied for Delhi interviews. Someone on this forum must know whether it means rejection or ISB has not given out all the interview calls for Delhi yet?


I have seen people reporting calls for 12th in Delhi. So I think they have rolled out the calls.
Having said that, sometimes ISB does not have enough slots to accommodate all the applicants in the preferred location and in such a case, we cannot consider this as rejection.

The portal is updated only for those who receive the call. For the rest, portal is update dafter the final results.

So, the best thing would be to call up ISB and ask if they have rolled out all the calls.


Last year, even though I had requested to be interviewed in Delhi, on the last day of the Delhi interviews (please note, no on the "last" day for calls, but the last day of the interviews), I got the interview call with Mohali and Hyd as options.

So I'd say wait. You can't say anything till the last interview date has passed.
_________________
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Posts: 343
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2014, 23:51
bullzeye wrote:
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
bullzeye wrote:
11th it is! But I have a concern. I'd asked the adcom if they could change my interview location and they said they would consider. But I've still got Hyd only. Should I again request them to ask for a transfer of location or should I go ahead with the interview? The only reason that I want another location is its closer home and like a second home.


Best option in my view, drop them an email on this now and call them first thing Monday morning. But, I'd still make travel arrangements now in case they won't be abke to accommodate your request. Also, I'd stay away from saying that "Bangalore is like a second home" as the reason for the request. It could certainly go against you, if they feel that you're not willing to step out of your comfort zone.


I just wouldn't definitely not say that! Blr works just fine logistically and economically. That's it. But I think I have little, or better yet, no other option left to talk to them on Monday ( I got the call sat early morning), as I have to accept the invitation within 48 hrs!


Accept the invite. Then send out the mail too. ATB.
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Mar 2014
Posts: 34
Location: India
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 00:37
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
ankurgupta03 wrote:
RB3007 wrote:
I repeat my question. I have no update on my application portal of accept/reject. I applied for Delhi interviews. Someone on this forum must know whether it means rejection or ISB has not given out all the interview calls for Delhi yet?


I have seen people reporting calls for 12th in Delhi. So I think they have rolled out the calls.
Having said that, sometimes ISB does not have enough slots to accommodate all the applicants in the preferred location and in such a case, we cannot consider this as rejection.

The portal is updated only for those who receive the call. For the rest, portal is update dafter the final results.

So, the best thing would be to call up ISB and ask if they have rolled out all the calls.


Last year, even though I had requested to be interviewed in Delhi, on the last day of the Delhi interviews (please note, no on the "last" day for calls, but the last day of the interviews), I got the interview call with Mohali and Hyd as options.

So I'd say wait. You can't say anything till the last interview date has passed.


Thanks a lot guys.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2010
Posts: 44
Location: India
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Aerospace and Defense)
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 05:48
Thank you!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 18
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 08:15
I had a query regarding the recommendations submitted with the ISB application. The application system allows me to enter the Evaluators' information. Does the system send mail to recommenders as soon as I enter their details on the site or after I have submitted my application completely?

I want to confirm whether the recommenders action items can be completed before application submission?

Could someone please confirm? I will plan my application timeline accordingly...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Posts: 343
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 09:02
1
technoholic wrote:
I had a query regarding the recommendations submitted with the ISB application. The application system allows me to enter the Evaluators' information. Does the system send mail to recommenders as soon as I enter their details on the site or after I have submitted my application completely?

I want to confirm whether the recommenders action items can be completed before application submission?

Could someone please confirm? I will plan my application timeline accordingly...


The system sends emails immediately upon your entering their details. The evaluators are able to start filling out the evaluations immediately. In fact, this is one of the first things I do when I start any application.

All my evaluations were in before I submitted my applications.

Hope this clears things up.
_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jul 2014
Posts: 18
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 09:28
Thanks gmatbugsme84 for clearing up the doubt. :-D
Retired Moderator
User avatar
B
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1391
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 11:01
1
Came through this post. Might be useful for interview preparation...

Those 20-40 minutes are crucial because it is an opportunity for you to bring out real-life examples to convey your strengths and managerial traits. There is more to you than an application form and the ISB interview panel wants to see that. Don’t deny them the opportunity by trying to play safe and telling them what you think they want to hear. Or still worse talking something tangential to what you have mentioned in your application essays.

Here is what we suggest to applicants facing an MBA interview – treat it like a conversation, not a quiz. The panel wants to know you better, and the only person who can help them is you. Just ensure you are able to articulate the main questions well – why you want to do an MBA, why specifically ISB, why is now the right time in your career, and why should they select you. The rest of the questions should be about what *you* have done in *your* life – something you should definitely not worry about!
_________________
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Posts: 343
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 11:06
ankurgupta03 wrote:
Came through this post. Might be useful for interview preparation...

Those 20-40 minutes are crucial because it is an opportunity for you to bring out real-life examples to convey your strengths and managerial traits. There is more to you than an application form and the ISB interview panel wants to see that. Don’t deny them the opportunity by trying to play safe and telling them what you think they want to hear. Or still worse talking something tangential to what you have mentioned in your application essays.

Here is what we suggest to applicants facing an MBA interview – treat it like a conversation, not a quiz. The panel wants to know you better, and the only person who can help them is you. Just ensure you are able to articulate the main questions well – why you want to do an MBA, why specifically ISB, why is now the right time in your career, and why should they select you. The rest of the questions should be about what *you* have done in *your* life – something you should definitely not worry about!


I'm more worried about my mind drawing a blank if asked a case question or a guesstimate question. I have gone through the basics, but I'm still worried about it :roll:
_________________
Admission Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1560
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 11:22
bullzeye wrote:
Can someone pls answer me? :|



Bullzeye, last year an applicant we worked with forgot his interview date- he missed it. He was a no show!

I thought this guy is gone. And when you think you are gone, you give it your best shot- so this guy rescheduled his interview. ISB did it very accommodatingly. Eventually he got admitted.

So no harm in asking them again, but I would say, why not go visit the campus? You are likely to spend a year there and it will be great to know what the b-school looks/feels like. Go back to the second home after the Hyd. interview.
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for a FREE DING/REJECT ANALYSIS
Admission Consultant
User avatar
Status: Graduated
Joined: 16 Apr 2014
Posts: 12
Location: India
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 20:05
1
2
Thanks for posting this...
gmatbugsme84 wrote:
Reposting from Pagalguy: Llewellyn Desouza's tips for ISB interview

_______________________________________________________________________

Congratulations to the first set of people who have a call for an Interview...

As requested here are some tips for the Interview:


1. The interview at ISB is a test of what you know and not what you don't . This is the difference between other schools in India and ISB.

2. By design it is supposed to test your strengths and not grill your weaknesses.

3. It is not a stress interview unless you are stressed out or get intimidated. Yes they do try to get under your skin especially if you are from the IITs.

4. Most of the questions (90%) are based on what you have put in your profile. So read your application in detail ... Not just your essays but the entire app.

5. Remember the panel gets only about 10 to 15 mins to read your profile so your application and essay quality matters.

6. Panelist know that you are not looking at ISB for NETWORKING and KNOWLEDGE but Career Progression. Be candid it helps and save yourself the trouble to camouflage your aspirations.

7. Most evaluation at the interview is aimed at finding out if you can be PLACED post ISB. This is natural. Especially people with 7 plus years of work ex need to be very clear where they see themselves after ISB and how do they plan to get there even if the Placement Team from the School cannot help.

8. Your Plan B should inspire confidence and not stress them out. Usually your long term goal is of little interest to anyone but interviewers have a tendency to ask for it so that your plan A & B can be tested. Ideally Plan A & B should lead to the same long term Goal.

9. Every MBA worth the salt wants to be an Entrepreneur in the long term. So this is a given... How you plan to bide your time getting there is the interesting part that interviewers are interested in.

10. You may want to anticipate questions but do not forget to practice your answers at mock interviews.

11. Remember the key is crispness (not sharpness) of the response.

12. It is better to give a short answer and then be probed than give a long answer that makes panelist switch off.

13. Never argue at the interview... you cannot win.

14. Last but not the least ... 7 out of 10 times you may think you aced the interview but at ISB you can still be dinged on the basis of the rest of your profile.

15. Also remember unless you practice right and get your answers validated by a pro there is no sense practicing. By doing Mock Interviews with your friends you are getting nowhere.

Wish you all the best...

Llewellyn Desouza

Principal Consultant Hash & CMO Felecidade Villa

in.linkedin.com/pub/llewellyn-desouza/1/6a1/a52/

________________________________________________________________________________

_________________
Llewellyn Desouza
​Principal Consultant Hash
​​
​To Connect with me Click: in.linkedin.com/pub/llewellyn-desouza/1/6a1/a52/
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2013
Posts: 343
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2014, 20:15
1
llewellyn75 wrote:
Thanks for posting this...


No problem. Couldn't keep the folks who exclusively use GC, deprived of this very pertinent gyaan.

:-D
_________________
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 6207
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2014, 06:14
1

Live chat with MBADecoder will start in......





Join Chat room and stay tuned

MBA Decoder&location=GMATClub chat room" target="_blank">

_________________
Starts from Feb 4th: MBA Video Series, Video answers to specific components and questions about the MBA application.
MBA Section Director
User avatar
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 6207
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Oct 2014, 07:55

Representative of MBA Decoder and ISB Alumnus is in the chat room. We shall start in 5 mins.

Join us in the event. http://gmatclub.com/gchat/


_________________
Starts from Feb 4th: MBA Video Series, Video answers to specific components and questions about the MBA application.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016   [#permalink] 06 Oct 2014, 07:55

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  51    Next  [ 1004 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all ISB Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2016

  new topic post reply Update application status  


cron
Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.