Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 23:51 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Schulich MBA In India Applicants for Fall 2017 [#permalink]
Good to see some conversations starting. Hi Rajeev and Sonali, I am Rohan. Have 3 years with KPMG and a decent GMAT - 670. Honestly and to people's surprise not keen on consulting.

Looking at Schulich (both their MBA options) and Montreal (HEC and Mcgill). Canada is gaining a lot of attention I guess. Met their rep at a fair and their table was packed. Have started my application and been connected to an alumni. I like their friendliness and options. They seemed less shark in a suit than other schools. Initially, my keenness was for Rotman also, but reading all the forums, I think they are a bit overpriced and playing their reputation card too much (attended a presentation). My big concern with Schulich's India program is about work permits and immigration. They can say what they want, but how can I secure a permanent residency if the program only allows me 8 months in Toronto. Thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Rotman '19
Send PM
Hello everyone, glad to see a thread start. 6 years in sports management, got a decent GMAT score - 680, was doing rather well in mocks, maybe will rewrite the test and aim for a scholarship.

Any of you found any information or stats on the employability of the MBA in India graduates? I could not find program wise information in their report. Got a chance to speak to an alumni and he said they get the same jobs as students who pursue both years in Toronto, but it takes them 1-2 more months to get the first job. His big critique was that networking was limited in year 1. He did say something which made me seriously think about this format - his first year was with Indian nationals which initially made him uncomfortable (diversity and all) but he made good buddies from around the world in his second year. Toronto peeps do not end up with as many friends/thicker network as guys who start in India. This guy got his permanent res and said all his class got their PR within a year of graduating. Desperate Canada I guess..

Did any of you hear anything about the employment prospects. He put the $$ range in $75-$100K, 2 from his class got $150Kish with amazon but are working like a dog..ha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
jaiconsulting wrote:
Hello everyone, glad to see a thread start. 6 years in sports management, got a decent GMAT score - 680, was doing rather well in mocks, maybe will rewrite the test and aim for a scholarship.

Any of you found any information or stats on the employability of the MBA in India graduates? I could not find program wise information in their report. Got a chance to speak to an alumni and he said they get the same jobs as students who pursue both years in Toronto, but it takes them 1-2 more months to get the first job. His big critique was that networking was limited in year 1. He did say something which made me seriously think about this format - his first year was with Indian nationals which initially made him uncomfortable (diversity and all) but he made good buddies from around the world in his second year. Toronto peeps do not end up with as many friends/thicker network as guys who start in India. This guy got his permanent res and said all his class got their PR within a year of graduating. Desperate Canada I guess..

Did any of you hear anything about the employment prospects. He put the $$ range in $75-$100K, 2 from his class got $150Kish with amazon but are working like a dog..ha

jaiconsulting - the alum I spoke with said her batch did not have trouble with work permit or immigration and most of them got 3 year work permit but few got a 1 year permit and just applied much faster for their pr... She passed out in 2012 and put the range at 70,000$ to 85,000$, few got to 100,000$. She also said it is the hardest for people looking to make a career in marketing and takes longer for them. Have you applied?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sonalimehta - good to connect, currently working on my essays, will apply in few weeks. Are you applying to both campuses or only MBA in India?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
jaiconsulting wrote:
sonalimehta - good to connect, currently working on my essays, will apply in few weeks. Are you applying to both campuses or only MBA in India?

chose India as first and keel as the second one...I don't think they have started interviewing yet..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just submitted my application. If any of you are attending their alumni webinar on 18th Dec, see you there. Will try and update the group on the same.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I Just got interviewed by Satyameet Ahuja (nice guy, somewhat tough to please). The interview was rather short and lasted for 20 minutes, asked me the basic questions - why a MBA now, why Schulich, how did I shortlist Schulich, have I spoken to an alumni etc. He also asked me if I am open to being considered for the the full time MBA being offered in Toronto also or just MBA in India. I liked one question where he asked me which dead person would I like to have dinner with and what about India Inc. and Canada excites me.

The decision will be out in a few weeks as the school is closing for winter break.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rajeevmba18 wrote:
I Just got interviewed by Satyameet Ahuja (nice guy, somewhat tough to please). The interview was rather short and lasted for 20 minutes, asked me the basic questions - why a MBA now, why Schulich, how did I shortlist Schulich, have I spoken to an alumni etc. He also asked me if I am open to being considered for the the full time MBA being offered in Toronto also or just MBA in India. I liked one question where he asked me which dead person would I like to have dinner with and what about India Inc. and Canada excites me.

The decision will be out in a few weeks as the school is closing for winter break.

Rajeev,

Schulich did me in. I also got interviewed on 27th Dec by Satyameet but received a REJECTION day before. I honestly, thought it would be easy to get in with a 680 on the GMAT and solid work experience with the largest sports management firm in India - IMG. FML

Have you heard from them?

I enquired if I could be considered for both years in Toronto and he said no, as the eligibility remains the same for either campuses means if I am not competitive for 1 campus then I am not good for another.

Best of luck guys :( :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
WE:Editorial and Writing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Hello Everyone!

It is nice to finally meet some applicants to Schulich. I am in the middle of writing my essays and I was wondering if someone can give me an idea about the video essays and the timed essay they have in the application process. How should I prepare for those?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Siddharth.Juneja wrote:
Hello Everyone!

It is nice to finally meet some applicants to Schulich. I am in the middle of writing my essays and I was wondering if someone can give me an idea about the video essays and the timed essay they have in the application process. How should I prepare for those?

I spoke with adcom and they mentioned that video essays and timed essays is to see our extempore communication skills. This is has been recently launched by the school to overcome the essays which get written by education consultants. My video essay was quite generic (who would be three people you would take with you to a stranded island). I would suggest, just be yourself and a smile goes a long way. Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Got the admit for MBA in India program - Sep'17 intake.

My timeline,
Application submitted - Jan 6th
Invitation to interview - Jan 10th
Interview date - Jan 19th
Admit offer - Jan 23rd

My profile briefly - Bachelors in civil Engg. from a premier institute, 4.5 yrs of work ex in L&T and a couple of extra-curriculars.

Would love to connect with other admits. Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group already?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
If anyone else wants to be the thread master let me know. Just received a rejection. My consultant told me this program is my safety net! Not a good feeling. All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Klenex wrote:
Hi everyone,

My timeline,
Admit offer - Jan 23rd

My profile briefly - Bachelors in civil Engg. from a premier institute, 4.5 yrs of work ex in L&T and a couple of extra-curriculars.

Would love to connect with other admits. Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group already?

My number is 91996254238383. Please add me to group if there is one already.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
srimadhavan wrote:
Klenex wrote:
Hi everyone,

My timeline,
Admit offer - Jan 23rd

My number is 91996254238383. Please add me to group if there is one already.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Y

Originally posted by uditmak on 31 Jan 2017, 11:29.
Last edited by uditmak on 30 Oct 2017, 01:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hi everyone.. I just got admitted for Schulich MBA in India but i am having a ton of questions regarding housing, financing and what not? I read it in the earlier posts that there is a https://gmatclub.com/chat group which might help me out.. Do add me, my number is +91-9582067661. Thanks. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
vaibhavahuja92 wrote:
Hi everyone.. I just got admitted for Schulich MBA in India but i am having a ton of questions regarding housing, financing and what not? I read it in the earlier posts that there is a https://gmatclub.com/chat group which might help me out.. Do add me, my number is +91-9582067661. Thanks. :)

Congrats on the admit. Let me add you to the group.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts