Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello sahilsh

You may wish to read here what matters in ISB admissions to know what to highlight in the essays.
While your past scores are decent and a 720+ is highly recommended, the biggest question to answer is why ISB at all? You already have an MBA and that too a very recent one. Without a compelling answer to this, your profile evaluation will be incomplete.
Coming to the good part- ypur wprk ex looks good and I'm sure you ave a lot of stories to showcase how you have impacted the business of your organization. Talk about your career progress and accomplishments at work more than role or industry.
The extracurricular also look solid and you will need to bring out the stories behind these to shine and stand out from other applicants.
Next piece and the most critical to your application is career goals. What are your career goals, and why is an MBA (that too a second one) essential to meeting your goals? You will need a strong story here. You could add to your research by reading here.
Let me know if you have further questions.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

sahilsh wrote:
Requesting Profile evaluation
26 yr M, Full Time MBA in Marketing from Symbiosis Institute of Management .
Computer Science Engineer from IK Gujral Punjab Technical University.

Total Work ex: 37 months

10th: 80.4%
12th: 63.8%
BTech: 74.93%
MBA: 3.14/4

Work ex:
1 year of Pre MBA work ex in career consulting role for under privileged students who hail from backward or left out societal stature and taught them for an year. ( Counselled and taught around 150 students in one year).

During MBA: Founded two startups- One into hospitality and other into digital space. Worked with them for two years and sold them at 3x ROI.

Post MBA: Joined an Indian MNC and launched a new brand for them bringing a business of 300Mn in two years.
Currently working in a Real estate firm as Brand Manager taking ahead a 100 Bn Brand.

Social experience: Founded a state level registered NGO in 2010 which is working for women empowerment. Teaching Backward classes students.

Awards: Awarded SB Majumdar Award 2018 for exceptional overall performance.
Winner of 7 National level B Plan competitions.

Planning to give GMAT in October and going for 720+

Please advice

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello Deepak

I'll keep this short- you have a very strong profile with a lot going for you. (Read here on what matter in ISB admissions)
Strong work ex, international exposure, solid extracurricular and a good 'bouncing back from a challenge story'.
At the same time, the biggest piece is missing Career Goals and Why MBA (you can add to your research by reading this.
Honestly with your profile the key is execution, If you can write great essays, convey why you are a good addition to the class and tie in your past experience and future career goals with ISB, you stand a very good chance.
Needless to say, plan your application well as you have time but not the luxury of it.
Should you have questions, feel free to reach out.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Deepak Tripathi wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT:
A 28-year-old male from India
GMAT Score: 710 (Q49 V37) IR-6, AWA-Awaiting

Academics:
Xth - 80.67% (UP State board - In Top 1%) - Completed in 2004.
XIIth - 86.40% (UP State board - 25th Position out of 2,000,000 Students) - Completed in 2006.
CGPA - 8.23 out of 10 (IIT Dhanbad) - Dual Degree Program (B.Tech. in Petroleum Engineering with M.Tech. in Petroleum Management) - Completed in 2011.

Work experience: (Total 6 Years as of Now) - Mostly all 6 Years of International Experience - Currently holding NRI status in Abu Dhabi since last 3 Years

1. Multinational Company (HAIMO) - 1.5 Years - Worked as a Field Engineer in Oman, UAE, China and India
Responsibility and Highlights: Leading a crew of 4 members for all kind of field operations, Direct Dealing with the Client for all kind of arrangements)

2. Multinational Company (Weatherford - 4th Biggest Service providing company in the world) - 4.5 Years - Worked in multiple positions (Production Optimization Engineer, Petroleum Engineer, Senior Petroleum Engineer) - In Kuwait, UAE, India
Responsibility and Highlights:
a. Petroleum Engineering related Consultation to the Client.
b. Working on the projects which generated a Value of more than 200 Million dollars (Real case studies are already published on these)
c. A short stint as a Team leader for a group of 4 people.
d. Part of the team which completed 4 different projects worth more than 10 Million dollars for the company.
e. Strong evaluation from my manager for the last 3 years.
f. Mentoring a group of people from the client.

I have got 10+ professional reviews on Linkedin (Mostly from managers and clients).

Extra-curricular:
1. School captain of cricket team (I don't know whether it matters much)
2. The representative of the school at various levels (Physics Olympiad, Quizzes)
3. Winner of Certification of top 1% student of Physics Olympiad)
4. Winner of scholarships in school. (Was a candidate also in college but disqualified due to father's income being > 3 Lacks)
5. Part of Cultural Fest Organization team in the college. (Organized "Petroguya" event which had participation increased due to social media advertisement initiative)
6. Was part of an NGO for 3 years in the college (Kartavya - Education imparting organization for slum children)
7. Involved in setting up a formal Alumni Association in the Middle East for my college.
8. Soon going to involved in an NGO in UAE.
9. There are some more but not writing them here.

Got an Admit to IIM Bangalore 2 Year PGDM Program in 2015 but had to leave it due to Financial responsibilities I had at that time. Working in UAE since past 3 years has helped me to overcome that challenge. So ready to take the next step now.
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Expert Reply
Deepak Tripathi wrote:
Hi,

GMAT:

Academics:
XIIth - 86.40% (UP State board - 25th Position out of 2,000,000 Students) - Completed in 2006.
CGPA - 8.23 out of 10 (IIT Dhanbad) - Dual Degree Program (B.Tech. in Petroleum Engineering with M.Tech. in Petroleum Management) - Completed in 2011.

Work experience: (Total 6 Years as of Now) - Mostly all 6 Years of International Experience - Currently holding NRI status in Abu Dhabi since last 3 Years

1. Multinational Company (HAIMO) - 1.5 Years - Worked as a Field Engineer in Oman, UAE, China and India
Responsibility and Highlights: Leading a crew of 4 members for all kind of field operations, Direct Dealing with the Client for all kind of arrangements)

2. Multinational Company (Weatherford - 4th Biggest Service providing company in the world) - 4.5 Years - Worked in multiple positions (Production Optimization Engineer, Petroleum Engineer, Senior Petroleum Engineer) - In Kuwait, UAE, India
b. Working on the projects which generated a Value of more than 200 Million dollars (Real case studies are already published on these)
d. Part of the team which completed 4 different projects worth more than 10 Million dollars for the company.

I have got 10+ professional reviews on Linkedin (Mostly from managers and clients).

Extra-curricular:
2. The representative of the school at various levels (Physics Olympiad, Quizzes)
4. Winner of scholarships in school. (Was a candidate also in college but disqualified due to father's income being > 3 Lacks)
5. Part of Cultural Fest Organization team in the college. (Organized "Petroguya" event which had participation increased due to social media advertisement initiative)
6. Was part of an NGO for 3 years in the college (Kartavya - Education imparting organization for slum children)
7. Involved in setting up a formal Alumni Association in the Middle East for my college.

Got an Admit to IIM Bangalore 2 Year PGDM Program in 2015 but had to leave it due to Financial responsibilities I had at that time. Working in UAE since past 3 years has helped me to overcome that challenge. So ready to take the next step now.

Hi Deepak! Your profile looks good overall. GMAT Score pretty balanced. You may not get to work in Petroleum/Energy post ISB, so your essays will have to establish your transferable skills well and your career goals presented accordingly. Also, the motivation to move back to India may also be an interesting aspect to touch upon.

All the Best!
ISBmantra
Admission Consultant
Send PM
Expert Reply
sahilsh wrote:

Work ex:
1 year of Pre MBA work ex in career consulting role for under privileged students who hail from backward or left out societal stature and taught them for an year. ( Counselled and taught around 150 students in one year).

During MBA: Founded two startups- One into hospitality and other into digital space. Worked with them for two years and sold them at 3x ROI.

Post MBA: Joined an Indian MNC and launched a new brand for them bringing a business of 300Mn in two years.
Currently working in a Real estate firm as Brand Manager taking ahead a 100 Bn Brand.

Social experience: Founded a state level registered NGO in 2010 which is working for women empowerment. Teaching Backward classes students.

Please advice

Hi! Things look good in principle, but given that you have 1 year of pre MBA experience, you probably have just 2 years of post MBA experience. With an MBA so recent, the need for an MBA will have to be established well (lest the school think that you are just brand-shopping). Also, given the range of things you have been involved in, it will be critical to communicate your core skill set clearly instead of talking of so many diverse things that it confuses the reader about your focus and industry/functional expertise.

All the Best!
ISBmantra
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB - Hyderabad class of 2020

Female, non-Engineering (pursued BSc Mathematics at Lady Shri Ram College)

GMAT: 720 (Q 47, V 44)
Graduation: 76%
12th: 96%
10th: 9.8 CGPA

Work Experience: 3 Years in a leading E-commerce Logistics Firm in the Strategy team where I worked closely with the CEO working on key initiatives
VP
VP
Send PM
hello srishti9494

For a meaningful feedback, please mention more around your work related achievements, career progress, extracurricular activities, career goals. (read why these matter more than the GMAT and past scores here)
Based on the info given, past scores are really good and your work ex can potentially help you stand out, but as mentioned above, the depth of your work ex will matter more (progress, accomplishments etc)
Plus extracurricular activities can help you stand out and bring forward your diversity.
Even more important are your career goals and why you wish to attend ISB. These need to be a fit with your profile and what ISB can offer. You can read more on that here.
Needless to say execution is the key for your- how and what you write in your essays.
Should you have further questions, let me know.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

srishti9494 wrote:
Hi,

Work Experience: 3 Years in a leading E-commerce Logistics Firm in the Strategy team where I worked closely with the CEO working on key initiatives
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Varun, Namita, GyanONE - Thank you for your insights. It's extremely helpful.

I was looking at some of the international programs as well. I am open to 2 year programs. Some of the programs I am giving serious consideration are LBS, Cornell and HEC Paris.

I guess the likes of NYU stern and Booth would be out of contention for me.

Your feedback would be really appreciated as I am extremely confused as the R1 deadlines are fast approaching.

Thank you again !

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello ravi725

Cornell, HEC might be doable but with a strong application.
Booth, LBS look challenging.
That said, the missing gaps in your profile have still not been answered (as mentioned in the earlier feedback) so chances in a particular school is pure speculation.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

ravi725 wrote:

I was looking at some of the international programs as well. I am open to 2 year programs. Some of the programs I am giving serious consideration are LBS, Cornell and HEC Paris.

Your feedback would be really appreciated as I am extremely confused as the R1 deadlines are fast approaching.

Thank you again !

CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
Deepak Tripathi wrote:
Hi,

GMAT:

Academics:

Extra-curricular:

Hi Deepak,

First of all, congratulations for overcoming your personal adversities.
The international experience you have gained at work is quite excellent. In the ISB application, be sure to highlight; :1. your work-related achievements and impact; 2. how your work experience and international exposure have helped you grow and excel as a professional.

YOur extracurricular activities are mostly dated, but I am quite excited about your role in expanding the alumni association in the ME. This is very relevant experience for a business school and you must highlight it in the essay - there is one entire essay this year on your contribution, so you have some dope identified for this already.

Now the next important element is the career goals. You have not mentioned what you wish to do. throw some light on your career goals and we shall give our feedback there.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
sahilsh wrote:

Work ex:

Please advice

Hi SahilSh,

You have a lot of good stuff happening.

Solid volunteering experience, two ventures sold at a profit (like wow, man!!), excellent work at your current organization...and an MBA. That brings me to a question- you have achieved so much already, why do you need an MBA? And why second MBA? with your achievements you don't seem to need one.

I'd advice you two things for your ISB application:
1. Demonstrate that having already achieved so much you have this ambitious goal to achieve which will be possible only after the ISB MBA.
2. Stay humble. your achievements sound just too good.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
ravi725 wrote:

Thank you again !

Hi Ravi,

I'd like to put some thoughts into your career goals before suggesting MBA programs to you. Selecting b-schools, is an art, just as writing essays is, and I will need to know a lot more about how competitive your experience is and what your goals are. For this reason, I will not write off NYU Stern, LBS or Cornell. HEC Paris is within reach, but again, apply if it fits your career goals.

feel free to share your resume with me. we can discuss after that.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: ISB '23
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Hello
Kindly evaluate profile.

This is daljeet
indian male
Gmat prepration in progress

Bachelor of ayurvedic medicine and surgery.
7 year experinence of hospital indrstry (clinical and manegerial)

Extracircular.

Best sportsman of school
Won varoius sports tournaments as caption of school team.
Holds grade certificate from dept. Of sports ,govt of punjab

Prade commander of school team
(participated in prade organised on the eve of indipendance day and republic day by local adminstration with team as prade commander, lead the team in march pass event)

College times
Best athlete of college.
Class representative for my batch .
Member of extracircular activities commitee

As a team member of organising comittee ,organised varoius events in college like annual function, alumini meet.,etc

Caption of bhangra(traditional punabi boys group dance) team.

Others

(Mr singh international is personality and modeling compitation organised by regional tv chennel)

Participated in mr singh international 2009 , reached last round and top six positions.

Participated Mr singh international 2011 as active member of organisation committee.

Organised various blood donation camps with the help of volunteer.

Attended various free medical camps .

Special mention
Participated in emergency medical services as team leader during the visit of President of india to an airforce station.

I was a part of professional dance and dj group as anchor during college days to earn some extra money.

Kindly provide profile evaluation.
Thaks a lot
Regards

Daljeet singh.

CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
daljeet6586 wrote:
Hello
Kindly evaluate profile.

This is daljeet
indian male

Thaks a lot
Regards

Daljeet singh.

Hi Daljeet,

Thanks for submitting your profile.

Just two lines of your profile description is about your work experience, rest is all about extracurriculars. Agreed, b-schools value a well-rounded profile but your career history and achievements are still centre stage. Please don't lose sight of that. Moreover, what are your reasons for doing an MBA? What goals are you chasing?

Give me more information, and I'd be better placed to know where you stand.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
daljeet6586 wrote:
Hello
Kindly evaluate profile.

This is daljeet
indian male

Extracircular.

Best sportsman of school

(participated in prade organised on the eve of indipendance day and republic day by local adminstration with team as prade commander, lead the team in march pass event)

College times
Best athlete of college.

As a team member of organising comittee ,organised varoius events in college like annual function, alumini meet.,etc

Others

(Mr singh international is personality and modeling compitation organised by regional tv chennel)

Participated in mr singh international 2009 , reached last round and top six positions.

Participated Mr singh international 2011 as active member of organisation committee.

Special mention
Participated in emergency medical services as team leader during the visit of President of india to an airforce station.

I was a part of professional dance and dj group as anchor during college days to earn some extra money.

Thaks a lot
Regards

Daljeet singh.

Hi daljeet6586

Your profile does come across as well-rounded with a good mix of diversity and extracurriculars. We don't see a mention of your previous academic performance, but assuming you've always been above the average, a GMAT score of 700 (or higher) should be a good target.

You will also need to build clear coherent goals on why MBA and why now, after completing 7 years of work experience. The competition in healthcare is fierce, so you will definitely need to talk more in detail about your professional achievements.

Extracurriculars are good and give a good flavor, but the ones from school and college may seem too dated and you would be better off mentioning only the recent ones in your essays.

Our advice: get GMAT out of the way and then work towards building essays that answer the questions why you and why MBA really well.

Please reach out for detailed discussion.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
srishti9494 wrote:
Hi,

Hi srishti9494

Good Academics, well-balanced GMAT score, and your work-experience sounds good too. A few thoughts:

- Your current role definitely sounds interesting, not a lot of graduates get to work on the Strategy side, and therefore make sure you highlight your learnings and your achievements from this experience.
- What are your goals and why is the ISB MBA necessary to reach there. Since we don't have this information, we would urge you to do your research or talk to a few experts before building your essays or writing Consulting as a generic goal.
- We don't see a mention of extracurriculars and these would be essential to build a well-rounded profile so that it does not seem academic-heavy.

You definitely have a good chance with a well-written application. Feel free to reach out for a detailed discussion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Apphelp wrote:
srishti9494 wrote:
Hi,

Hisrishti9494

Good Academics, well-balanced GMAT score, and your work-experience sounds good too. A few thoughts:

- Your current role definitely sounds interesting, not a lot of graduates get to work on the Strategy side, and therefore make sure you highlight your learnings and your achievements from this experience.
- What are your goals and why is the ISB MBA necessary to reach there. Since we don't have this information, we would urge you to do your research or talk to a few experts before building your essays or writing Consulting as a generic goal.
- We don't see a mention of extracurriculars and these would be essential to build a well-rounded profile so that it does not seem academic-heavy.

You definitely have a good chance with a well-written application. Feel free to reach out for a detailed discussion.

Thanks for your help!

Regarding extra-curricular: I've trained in Bharatanatyam for 13 years, though it is dated (had my Arengetram - first solo performance similar to a graduation - in 2011, and have danced very little since then). I had the opportunity of performing in the Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Delhi in 2010 along with my troupe.
From 2012, I've been learning Classical Piano and am a Trinity Grade 2 Scholar.

During college, I've worked extensively in the social sector - including 1.5 years in Sexuality Education for the Underprivileged.

Noted your points regarding career goals and work profile. I will ensure these points come out succinctly in my application.
Admission Consultant
Send PM
Expert Reply
daljeet6586 wrote:
Hello
Kindly evaluate profile.

This is daljeet
indian male

Extracircular.

Best sportsman of school

College times
Best athlete of college.

Others

Special mention

Thaks a lot
Regards

Daljeet singh.

Hi! Your acads and professional experience aren't so typical and would certainly need good explanation. To be able to provide any feedback, we would need to understand the quality of your experience better.

All the Best!
ISBmantra
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  97   98   99   100   101  ...  307