Last visit was: 12 May 2024, 12:07 It is currently 12 May 2024, 12:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 241 [1]
Given Kudos: 330
Concentration: Operations, General Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 241 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cox (SMU) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
No gmat only applied with gre

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 241 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cox (SMU) MBA Applicants: (2019 Intake) Class of 2021 [#permalink]
Alright!
Whats ur score on GRE and Undergrad GPA? I ask this coz I got low Gmat too.
If you mind sharing here, send me a PM if that’s alright.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
I have Gre score of 319 and gpa of 2.84. Applied last year adcom said nothing about both aspects took several online coursework from top american universities. In the end schools buy gmats only I guess that too over 700

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GRE 1: Q150 V151
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
saadim wrote:
I have Gre score of 319 and gpa of 2.84. Applied last year adcom said nothing about both aspects took several online coursework from top american universities. In the end schools buy gmats only I guess that too over 700

That’s not true I applied with GRE scores only and got in. I also got into A&M with money as well I think it all just depends on the candidates individually
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hopefullyim2021 no disrespect to you but for international students the requirement is much tougher just see previous threads for COX. I too applied to Mays but was waitlisted after interview and eventually denied after 9 months last year. So the averages mentioned on the website are for domestic student and international students combined. Basically universities balance high and low GMATs of students from various regions to get an overall GMAT average.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GRE 1: Q150 V151
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
saadim wrote:
hopefullyim2021 no disrespect to you but for international students the requirement is much tougher just see previous threads for COX. I too applied to Mays but was waitlisted after interview and eventually denied after 9 months last year. So the averages mentioned on the website are for domestic student and international students combined. Basically universities balance high and low GMATs of students from various regions to get an overall GMAT average.

My apologies sorry to hear that I applied to programs outside of the US as well and I definitely get it for me to get into university of St. Gallen I was not a good candidate and the same for IMD...I get it sorry to hear about that! I really do hope you find a program. Are you wanting to be in Dallas or just in Texas?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
No I have scholarship offers from Boston College Carroll this year and had one for last year from Boston University and Babson. But for personal reasons I could not attend last year. Have applied to bu again this year this time for dual degree program. So lets see the outcome. I too had offers from RSM and WHU from Europe but the language barrier was a killer in finding jobs in that market. Hence my preference for English speaking regions such as USA or UK.

P.S I seriously got annoyed with Cox because they did the same thing to me last year. This year I changed whole essay including goals took several courses to strengthen profile. But the outcome remains the same despite two stellar interviews with same admissions person both time. Plus they just mention about feedback but when I contacted them in September they gave no productive response.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
saadim wrote:
No I have scholarship offers from Boston College Carroll this year and had one for last year from Boston University and Babson. But for personal reasons I could not attend last year. Have applied to bu again this year this time for dual degree program. So lets see the outcome. I too had offers from RSM and WHU from Europe but the language barrier was a killer in finding jobs in that market. Hence my preference for English speaking regions such as USA or UK.

P.S I seriously got annoyed with Cox because they did the same thing to me last year. This year I changed whole essay including goals took several courses to strengthen profile. But the outcome remains the same despite two stellar interviews with same admissions person both time. Plus they just mention about feedback but when I contacted them in September they gave no productive response.

Hey man, sorry to hear about your results. I think you have something better in your destiny.

Would you mind sharing your interview experience? What kind of questions shall I expect, the duration of the interview, and who took it for you?
I can really use your help.
Thank you man.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Cox '21 (A)
Send PM
Admitted to the 1-year fast track, but now I'm kind of wishing I had done the 2-year for the internship.

I also had a lowish GPA (2.95) and applied only with GRE. Army vet though.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
targetbusiness my interviewer both times was brett powell. Nice lady interview was very conversational with mix of behaviour questions and post mba goals.

P.S just a piece of advice interview just assess your communication skills your profile gets you the admit

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks man, did my interview yesterday with her too

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello,

Need an advice.
I got accepted to Georgia Terry College of Business with 100% tuition waiver. I wrote an email to SMU to provide an earlier decision so that I can make an informed decision.
SMU reverted with a request to provide the Acceptance letter and Merit Aid Letter to review the same and provide their decision. Kindly advise whether it's alright to send the letters to SMU?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10049 [0]
Given Kudos: 4544
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
targetbusiness wrote:
Hello,

Need an advice.
I got accepted to Georgia Terry College of Business with 100% tuition waiver. I wrote an email to SMU to provide an earlier decision so that I can make an informed decision.
SMU reverted with a request to provide the Acceptance letter and Merit Aid Letter to review the same and provide their decision. Kindly advise whether it's alright to send the letters to SMU?

Really all these schools are asking you to show the Terry admit?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Mason asked, SMU asked the details or screenshot of letters

MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10049 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
targetbusiness wrote:
Mason asked, SMU asked the details or screenshot of letters

This is strange. I don't think it's correct for the schools to ask candidates to show the admit letters of other schools. You either convey the decision as per applicant's request or simply say no. What's the point in asking the proof?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I am very confused.
I do not want to jeopardise my admit in Terry because of any wrong action or mistake.

MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10049 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
targetbusiness wrote:
I am very confused.
I do not want to jeopardise my admit in Terry because of any wrong action or mistake.

I also have the same concern. Why don't you seek opinion of admission experts? You can share your situation with few of them here... https://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-admissio ... tants-124/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Send PM
Hi - Could someone share their interview experience? I just received an invite and wanted to know more about the type of questions that were asked

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts