Last visit was: 15 May 2024, 04:11 It is currently 15 May 2024, 04:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Sloan '18 (M)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Does anyone know if wl candidates should expect interview notifications today? Thanks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Schools: Sloan '18 (M)
Send PM
Decisions are online.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V36
GPA: 3
WE:Project Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Just checked online, invited to interview from WL
Intern
Intern
Send PM
not invited :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Another invite from the WL here. Literally just submitted my deposit at their lighter blue counterpart down the street. Guess I'll hear them out on it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.63
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
WL applicant who didn't get an interview before. I'm not seeing any change on the website, so that's probably bad news...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
What is the difference between "not invited" and a flat out denial of admission? I don't understand why Fuqua gives people hope. If Fuqua doesn't want to interview you, is it not logical to think that you are no longer being considered for admission? Anyone experienced the contrary before?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
drwithe wrote:
What is the difference between "not invited" and a flat out denial of admission? I don't understand why Fuqua gives people hope. If Fuqua doesn't want to interview you, is it not logical to think that you are no longer being considered for admission? Anyone experienced the contrary before?

I was "not invited" before and assumed it was basically a ding. A couple weeks ago my assumed ding turned into a WL position. Today that turned into an interview. I've gone from no hope to at least a glimmer of it, as strange as everything is that has played out.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hmmm.............that is interesting. At this point, for a round 3 applicant who was not invited, that path seems more unattainable. I think this is a tactic Fuqua uses to increase their matriculation rate.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V47
GPA: 3.52
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
alwayswaiting wrote:
drwithe wrote:

I was "not invited" before and assumed it was basically a ding. A couple weeks ago my assumed ding turned into a WL position. Today that turned into an interview. I've gone from no hope to at least a glimmer of it, as strange as everything is that has played out.

Me too!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 610 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 650 Q40 V39
GMAT 3: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 2.89
Send PM
Invited to interview! Extremely excited
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 580 Q39 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3
Send PM
alwayswaiting wrote:
drwithe wrote:

May I ask if you had provided any new information / supporting docs to turn the "not invited" status into a WL and eventually an interview?

All best with the interview!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
seechange wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:
drwithe wrote:

May I ask if you had provided any new information / supporting docs to turn the "not invited" status into a WL and eventually an interview?

All best with the interview!

I submitted an award from work before I was officially given the WL but after all the interviews had concluded. I might see if I can firm up my application in a couple places now.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: How Fuqua Helps Students Make an Impact
In February, Fuqua hosted the 10th annual Sustainable Business & Social Impact (SBSI) conference, and it served as a great reminder for the reasons I choose Duke more than two years ago. The opportunities to get involved in the social impact and sustainability spaces are endless!

As I reflect on the last two years, my involvement with the Net Impact Club is a highlight. In addition to participating in the incredible 2014 and 2015 SBSI conferences which were organized by the club, I helped plan the Week in Cities treks in San Francisco and New York City as a member of its cabinet. The Net Impact Club has accomplished a lot over the last two years: two popular Day in Durham service events, many interesting lunch and learns, integration of social impact cases into the curriculum, and much more!

During my first year, I participated in the Fuqua Client Consulting Practicum (FCCP) in South Africa, which remains one of my favorite experiences at Fuqua. Working with awesome classmates on a business model that helps the ‘bottom of the pyramid’ was very rewarding. In my first year, I also took advantage of social impact coursework and enrolled in Social Entrepreneurship with Cathy Clark.

Even though I feel like I’ve done a lot in the social impact space, there is so much that I didn’t have time to explore! The Center for the Advancement of Social Entrepreneurship (CASE) offers so many opportunities: CASE i3, Fuqua on Board, Social Entrepreneurship Accelerator at Duke (SEAD), fellowship programs, financial aid programs, career support and more. Learn more about CASE’s student offerings for students here. Even the larger Duke community offers opportunities to engage in the social impact space with students from across campus with programs like Duke Interdisciplinary Social Innovators (DISI), as just one example.

As my time here is winding down, I really wish I had two more years to do it all!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Stereotypical view of MBA schools: If you want to work for Apple, go to Fuqua

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/12/educa ... to-go.html
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Will be in Durham to interview the afternoon of the 23rd. Will be apartment hunting in Chapel Hill the next day. Oh the joys of the wait list. At least the two schools are extremely close to each other.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V47
GPA: 3.52
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I'll see you there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk