Last visit was: 09 Jun 2024, 09:25 It is currently 09 Jun 2024, 09:25
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  28   
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GPA: 4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Calcutta MBAEx Applicants (2024 Intake) Class of 2025 [#permalink]
197369 wrote:
Hi all! I tried registering for the Round2 using my mail id which I had used in the last year admission cycle but didnt submit my application although. I was trying to register myself this year ysing that mail id but i received an error “already registered “. On being asked the admission people they said that i need to submit by application with a new mail id everytime i try submitting in any year’s admission cycle. This sounds really cumbersome . Can someone suggest an alternate approach?? Posted from my mobile device

Not sure on your query,

But, is similar applicable if I registered for 2023 R1 , didn’t complete & didn’t submit application then & Now, I want submit in 2023 R2.

?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Calcutta MBAEx Applicants (2024 Intake) Class of 2025 [#permalink]
I registered last year using my mail id only n didnt proceed further . This year tried registering in r2 to submit application but it says my mail id has already been registered but I haven’t registered this year yet.
When asked adcom, they said that we need to register using another new mail id . They block the previous mail ids for some security reasons.
So i was asking is there any alternate approach to this?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
thorats96 wrote:
Not sure on your query, But, is similar applicable if I registered for 2023 R1 , didn’t complete & didn’t submit application then & Now, I want submit in 2023 R2.

I don’t think so. It’s an issue with previous year application though. You can login and check. It should be r2 now. The best approach would be to mail admissions team. They are quite responsive.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
Schools: ISB '20
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Join us at the IIMB EPGP Business Conclave 2023

Date: 24 September 2023
Time: 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
Venue: IIM B Auditorium

Click on this link to register: https://forms.gle/wu7FaNiweui8SA5E6

Folks interested in attending this event, please do register
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Does anyone have the recommendation form from round 1? To understand what questions would be asked
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
yes
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Hello everyone
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Follow this link to join my https://gmatclub.com/chat group: https://chat.https://gmatclub.com/chat.com/KThPC8j4aTRBe49DsvNiSt

Follow the link for joining 1 year pgpx programme aspirants for community.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 112
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
So, I realize that IIM-C requires 5 years of work experience for its 1 year program.

I have 4 years of international work experience, and I have worked as an investor/equity analyst on my own (self-employed) for 2 years. I have models, research papers, etc. to show my work in those 2 years but no paycheck (since I am not a registered company). I was wondering if those 2 years of working on my own would be counted as (at least 1 year out of it) work experience or not.

Anyone?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
Send PM
papapow69 wrote:
So, I realize that IIM-C requires 5 years of work experience for its 1 year program. I have 4 years of international work experience, and I have worked as an investor/equity analyst on my own (self-employed) for 2 years. I have models, research papers, etc. to show my work in those 2 years but no paycheck (since I am not a registered company). I was wondering if those 2 years of working on my own would be counted as (at least 1 year out of it) work experience or not. Anyone?

It can be counted but for reconciliation you should have some document of project allocation
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi,

Probono engagements are (mostly) not considered as work experience. If you have IT returns for the period, and written contracts with your clients, you can add that contractual employment period for the duration of the contract. Though there is no clear guideline on contractual employment here. However, if you think your engagement qualifies as self employed - entrepreneurship then the registration is a requirement along with IT returns.

It is best to compile the documents that you have and email them to the school to get a clear go ahead from them.

All the best!

papapow69 wrote:
So, I realize that IIM-C requires 5 years of work experience for its 1 year program.

I have 4 years of international work experience, and I have worked as an investor/equity analyst on my own (self-employed) for 2 years. I have models, research papers, etc. to show my work in those 2 years but no paycheck (since I am not a registered company). I was wondering if those 2 years of working on my own would be counted as (at least 1 year out of it) work experience or not.

Anyone?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello everyone
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Tusharjoshi573 wrote:
Hello everyone

Hello 👋
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: IIMC (M)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,
IIM Calcutta is conducting the fourth webinar for the 18th Batch aspirants for the MBAEx program. Below are the details of the webinar. It would be great if you guys could join the webinar as it will help you understand the application process, and many more in detail.

The theme of the webinar is
Next Gen Leadership:
through MBAEx lens

Date: 1st October ’23, Sunday
Time: 4 PM
Webinar Link:
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87870745951?p ... dEQm9Kdz09
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 112
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Goalisb wrote:
Hi, Probono engagements are (mostly) not considered as work experience. If you have IT returns for the period, and written contracts with your clients, you can add that contractual employment period for the duration of the contract. Though there is no clear guideline on contractual employment here. However, if you think your engagement qualifies as self employed - entrepreneurship then the registration is a requirement along with IT returns. It is best to compile the documents that you have and email them to the school to get a clear go ahead from them. All the best!

Thanks. Yeah, I don’t think I’ll be eligible for IIM-C then. Cool.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hii admin, will this webinar help us understand what IIM Calcutta is looking for in its applications?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: IIMC (M)
Send PM
Tusharjoshi573 wrote:
Hii admin, will this webinar help us understand what IIM Calcutta is looking for in its applications?

Yes, the discussion will be around application and you can get the idea from the webinar what IIM C is looking in the applications.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  28