Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 18:58 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 18:58
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 305 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 85
Send PM
Calling all IIM Calcutta MBAEx Applicants (2024 Intake) Class of 2025 [#permalink]

RiyaJain69 wrote:
I stand by what I said—hazing and belittling are not ok in the name of stress interview. Secondly, you know nothing about my circumstances that restrict me from joining, yet you're out here LOLing and mocking like a Twitter troll. What gives? If you can't be kind, be quiet. Or not. I'm out.

­The institute is probably trying to fill up the last few seats by clearing waitlists. I doubt they will give deferrals at this stage. But you can call up the MBAEx office and try asking the procedure.AFAIK You have to make a formal request which needs to be approved by the board. ­
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: IIM-A '24
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Calcutta MBAEx Applicants (2024 Intake) Class of 2025 [#permalink]
I received an offer letter today from IIM C MBAex. I have a deadline until 17 th April,2024 to accept and pay. Is this possible?

Posted from my mobile device
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 305 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Re: Calling all IIM Calcutta MBAEx Applicants (2024 Intake) Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Expert Reply

nj23598 wrote:
I received an offer letter today from IIM C MBAex. I have a deadline until 17 th April,2024 to accept and pay. Is this possible?

­Hello nj23598,

Congratulations on making it to IIM C.

Yes; why not? This is possible. :-)

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: IIM-A '24
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hello everyone, is there any groups for IIM C converts, which I can join?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 366
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Hello everyone! I'm currently pursuing a one-year MBA in India and have noticed that many of you have questions about this program. I've received several queries myself and I'm eager to address them for a wider audience. To streamline this process, I'm compiling a list of common doubts and questions. I kindly ask you to take a moment to fill out the form below to ensure that I can provide the most effective solutions. Your prompt response would be greatly appreciated, as it will enable me to deliver solutions in the shortest possible time frame. Thank you

https://forms.gle/jENZXvNnAL3ASxvj7
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Hi all, the admissions calendar for this year is still not released on the official IIM-C site, is it?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 63 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
Send PM
Hi Aspirants
Mentoring minds has been helping applicants realize their dreams since 2022. Started with a purpose to provide lifelong affordable mentorship (MBA admissions/SCM/CA guidance, Campus placements and post MBA lateral job jumps).
26 conversions in 2022 & 36 conversions in 2023. I Provide an End to End support starting with Profile evaluation. My sessions involve support for applications, SOPs, Essays, WAT, Extempores and mock interviews.

I am having a open house tomorrow on Sunday, any one who wants to have a profile evaluation for free needs to just drop a DM.

Please go through the https://www.linkedin.com/in/dheerajvelaga/ for recommendations and referenences

The 3.0 version of mentorign minds starts from 1st of July. To show our gratitude MM offers 10% discount to all Veterans.
Regards
Dheeraj Velaga
(You can always ping on WA)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT Focus 1:
645 Q88 V80 DI78
GPA: 7.05
WE:Operations (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Ashwin_Krishnan wrote:
Hi all, the admissions calendar for this year is still not released on the official IIM-C site, is it?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 118
GMAT 1: 550 Q40 V30
Send PM
Anyone planning to take GMAT recently so that apply for round 1 or round 2?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Does applying in later round affects your chances of getting selected?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mohitkasera wrote:

Yes it does affect negatively, despite Schools assuring it is all same in all rounds. More numbers of seats are available in R1, Average GMAT score of converted candidates is lower in R1 compared to other rounds, tougher pool of applicants trying to apply with better scores. But applying late has advantages such as more time to prepare, chance to apply with higher score, Access to interview questions and experiences of that year from candidates of earlier rounds (from various public forums)
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
mohitkasera wrote:

Everything else being equal, applying early is better. Having said that, I always advise mentees to apply when you’re best prepared i.e. submitting a stronger (e.g. higher GMAT/ GRE score, robust essays etc.) application in R2 is better than submitting a rushed-up half-baked application in R1
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Dheeraj0501 wrote:
Yes it does affect negatively, despite Schools assuring it is all same in all rounds. More numbers of seats are available in R1, Average GMAT score of converted candidates is lower in R1 compared to other rounds, tougher pool of applicants trying to apply with better scores. But applying late has advantages such as more time to prepare, chance to apply with higher score, Access to interview questions and experiences of that year from candidates of earlier rounds (from various public forums)

Not true. Each round has same weightage. Apply when ready. I have applied in R3 last year with low scare and converted all clgs. It comes down to your profile and how prepared you are,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Good for you Suhas, weightage of GMAT/Profile/Interview remain same but not the number of seats. I myself converted BCL from R3 A from R2(WL to convert) in 2021.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
How to Ace your ISB (and IIM) Applications: Insider Tips & Strategies

Join us for an interactive live webinar on:

- Title: How to Ace your ISB PGP Application
- Date: July 18th, 2024 (Thursday)
- Time: 8:30 pm IST
- Speakers: Daksh Mitra (ISB Co ’22, former ISB Admissions Coordinator), Arvind Kumar (Founder at admitStreet and HEC Paris MBA alum)

Session Agenda

1. Overview of ISB’s latest essay prompts, insights for crafting compelling essays and common pitfalls to avoid
2. GMAT vs GRE, what constitutes a good score for ISB, R1 vs R2 vs R3
3. 6-step approach to success as an ISB reapplicant
4. Strategies to ace your ISB interview, Commonly asked questions
5. Insights from Daksh’s personal experience at and post ISB, and tips for ISB (and IIM) applicants

Register here: admitstreet.com/isb-pgp-webinar/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hii...
Please evaluate my profile
It is as below
Xth 76% (UP BOARD)
XIIth 72% (UP BOARD)
GRAD. 59.88% ( BSC ALLAHABAD UNIVERSITY With a year gap)
Working in PSU Bank since 2013 as officer. Currently Senior Manager Credit.
Passed CFA L1.
Work Ex 12 years (approx)
GMAT OG- 690 (QA50 VA32)
(Will retake)
My job KRAs includes works like heading credit department in a large branch with a team of about 4-5 employees. Supervising works like processing loans, sanctioning, completion of pre disbursement formalities, disbursement and monitoring of the branch loan portfolio.
Have worked as branch manager of a medium size branch with staff strength of 10 for 1.5 yrs.

I am planning to apply in R2 for IIM A B C and ISB

Regards

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: IIMB EPGP"18
Send PM
Calling all IIM Calcutta MBAEx Applicants (2024 Intake) Class of 2025 [#permalink]
Endeavour87 wrote:
Hii...
Please evaluate my profile
It is as below
Xth 76% (UP BOARD)
XIIth 72% (UP BOARD)
GRAD. 59.88% ( BSC ALLAHABAD UNIVERSITY With a year gap)
Working in PSU Bank since 2013 as officer. Currently Senior Manager Credit.
Passed CFA L1.
Work Ex 12 years (approx)
GMAT OG- 690 (QA50 VA32)
(Will retake)
My job KRAs includes works like heading credit department in a large branch with a team of about 4-5 employees. Supervising works like processing loans, sanctioning, completion of pre disbursement formalities, disbursement and monitoring of the branch loan portfolio.
Have worked as branch manager of a medium size branch with staff strength of 10 for 1.5 yrs.

I am planning to apply in R2 for IIM A B C and ISB

Regards

­Hi Applicant,
Your profile is suitable for the one year programs you are aiming for. However, there will be many applicants with similar profiles, and it will be important for you to stand out. You can do this with a strong application and an impactful SOP underlining your achievements and who you truely are. Clear post-MBA goals will also be essential. All the best!
Do reach out if you need to discuss more on the same.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  26   27   28   29