Last visit was: 31 Aug 2024, 17:40 It is currently 31 Aug 2024, 17:40
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  83   
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 94
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.79
WE:Law (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
So, I have submitted my essays, but the application status still says video essays pending... Is anyone else facing this issue? Also my questions were:
1)Something not in your resume
2) Someone who's leadership you like
3) I dont even remember now
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA & MMM Applicants: 2024 Intake Class of 2026 [#permalink]
It took 6 hours for my status to reflect.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
hey guys, what do you think we need to answer for the first Q?
I find it pretty difficult for somewhat.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 677 [1]
Given Kudos: 158
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GMAT 2: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GRE 1: Q170 V163
Send PM
Kudos
nikon-wielder, The whole process of submitting video essays is quite organized.
You go to the portal.
You practice 2 questions.
You move on to the actual questions.
In actual questions, you’ll get one question at a time. There’s a virtual assistant, who welcomes you and reads out the question for you. After he/she is done, you get 20 seconds to comprehend the answer and then 1 minute to record the video. After this, video takes around 10 seconds to process and you move to the second question

miko2010, By first question I guess you mean "Tell us something about you that’s not on your resume". Here’s what it is:

You have already mentioned the best of the best professional stuff on your resume (well, that’s the objective of the resume). So anything professional you’d mention is not going to add value. Now you can think of something personal stuff that makes you a fit for Kellogg. Think, what wxcites you the most? what are you passionate about? why do you think Kellogg is the best fit for you?
Phrase your answer around these things.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
TargetKellogg2024 wrote:
nikon-wielder, The whole process of submitting video essays is quite organized. You go to the portal. You practice 2 questions. You move on to the actual questions. In actual questions, you’ll get one question at a time. There’s a virtual assistant, who welcomes you and reads out the question for you. After he/she is done, you get 20 seconds to comprehend the answer and then 1 minute to record the video. After this, video takes around 10 seconds to process and you move to the second question

Thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
gmatdevta wrote:
So, when is your interview scheduled for.

You get given the alum's email and are asked to coordinate with them yourself to organise a time

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Just finished my video essay, here are the questions.
1) Introduce yourself by sharing something we don’t know from your resume
2) Tell me about a time you failed and followed a different approach
3) Describe a culture or environment where you thrived. What aspects allowed you to thrive?

Best of luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
TargetKellogg2024 wrote:
Hi aarshdeepsingh98,
Here’s a compilation of some questions shared by some very generous people:

1. Tell us something about yourself that we won’t know from your resume
2. Tell us about a time you were uncomfortable. How did you feel?
3. Most important piece of advice you have received, and its impact on your life

1. Tell us about yourself that we already don’t know from Resume.
2. Tell us about a time you received harsh feedback. What was your reaction and how did you proceed/ something on similar lines 🙃.
3. Tell us about a time where you used unique or creative way to solve a problem. What did you do and what was the outcome?

1. Introduce yourself and tell us something about yourself in a way we wouldn’t know from your resume
2. Tell us about a time when you helped improve a process i your company, organisation or community
3. Tell us best piece of advice you have received, how you utilised it and how it impacted you

1. Introduce yourself to Adcoms & what about you that’s not on your resume
2. Why Kellogg sort of
3. Tell us about a time you made an impact.

1. Tell us something about you which is not there on resume
2. Tell us about a time you failed and how did you improve the next time
3. What is one value or quality that you bring to Kellogg community and how will it help others?

1 - Introduce yourself
2 - When and how did you resolve a conflict
3 - outside school and outside office experience that motivated you to pursue a postgraduate education

1. Introduce yourself to AdCom and highlight one thing we won’t know from your CV
2. Tell us a time when you face unforseen Or unexpected challenges
3. A time when you solved something creatively

Hi Mandy001, A lot of thoughts go into selecting a suitable admission consultant. I would recommend you speak with at least five different admission consultants and see which one you feel most connected with. You need to be very comprehensive and clear on what you need out of an admission consultant. Some things that I’d consider are:
1. Sense of connection- I feel that not everyone can bring the best out of you. One needs to feel the kind of connection that would help foster trust. Your admission consultant should ideally have a context of your upbringing, values, and stories. For example - An excellent Indian consultant who has helped many Indian and European people get into top B-schools might not be the best one to help an African candidate
2. Fees- Different people have different fees. Candidates can go only up to an extent. You could find excellent admission consultants for under 1000 USD per school and also over 5000 USD per school. You need to set a budget for yourself
3. School-specific- Some admission consultants are very notorious for specific schools. If you have a preferred school for which you would want an admission consultant, probably explore that option

That being said, these are just a few of the things. However, much clarity comes when you speak with admission consultants. Ask them about how you would work. How the whole process will be. How frequently would you connect. What would be the medium of contact. And a whole lot of other things that you would expect from an admission consultant!

I just completed my video essays,
1. Introduce yourself and tell us something about yourself in a way we wouldn’t know from your resume
2. How long have you planned for an MBA? What have you learned about yourself and your goals through the process?
3. Tell us best piece of advice you have received, how you utilised it and how it impacted you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GRE 1: Q167 V159
Send PM
Just completed mine too, in case someone still has the video essay pending!: (1) Something about yourself other than what is covered in resume; (2) A misconception that your colleagues have about you; (3) What values/ quality that you have will enrich the Kellogg community (or something along those line)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 108
Send PM
Just completed mine, here’s what I got -

1) Introduce yourself by sharing smth we don’t know from your resume
2) The biggest misconception about yourself that your colleagues have
3) what was an advice that you got that helped you a lot in life? How did you incorporate it? ....Something along these lines.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Anyone knows what’s the deadline for video essays submission? Is it 11:59 PM CT?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Just completed mine as well. 1, something not on resume. 2, leader you admire. 3, a time your team could take a short cut but didn’t, what was the result

tahanaveed13 wrote:
Anyone knows what’s the deadline for video essays submission? Is it 11:59 PM CT? Posted from my mobile device

Yes 11:59 CT sunday 9/17
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 253
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GRE 1: Q170 V157

GRE 2: Q165 V162

GRE 3: Q168 V169
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Just completed my video essays as well.
1. Introduce yourself to the admissions committee by sharing something we don’t know from your resume.
2. The biggest misconception about yourself that your colleagues have, and what would you do given a chance to change this?
3. Describe a culture or environment where you thrived. What aspects allowed you to thrive?

I did not fumble, but I did repeat a few statements and phrases in my 2nd and 3rd responses.
Do you have any idea how the admissions committee will perceive that?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 320
GMAT 1: 570 Q49 V24
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT 4: 700 Q47 V39
GMAT 5: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Paying back to the excellent community here:
1) Same
2) Talk about a process you improved in the org/community
3) when did you have to ask for help from someone else and what did you learn from it
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hope everyone’s video essays went well!

I mentally froze 40 sec in and panic submitted the 1st one without concluding my thoughts. This definitely was a terrible look and not up to Kellogg standards. As a strong candidate otherwise, what are the chances I can overcome this with a good traditional interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
1)Same

2) When did you make an impact

3) Why Kellogg
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
GRE 1: Q165 V162
GPA: 9.1
Send PM
When does the video essay status on the portal change to submitted?

I submitted mine an hour back but I have not seen an update there yet.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  83   
Moderators:
MBA Section Director
448 posts
227 posts