2 years
India
Male
Score: 720 GMAT Classic
GPA: 3.11
Pre-MBA industry: Computer Software
Post-MBA industry: Tech
Hi!
I am currently preparing for Round 2 and wanted to have my profile reviewed for it. I am not yet sure about which schools would align with my profile and how to prepare for their applications and scholarships, so any advice would be appreciated!

Background and nationality:
25 year old male, from India

Education:
10th - ICSE board, 94%
12th - ISC board, 94.8%
Entrance exams - All India Rank 284 (out of 1.2 million applicants, JEE Advanced)
Undergrad - IIT KGP, Dual Degree CSE, 7.79/10

GMAT:
720 (Q50, V38)

Work experience and leadership:
Working in Accenture Japan, currently at 1.5 years (2+ till matriculation) .
Completed three internships successfully (May-July 2018, May 2019-Apr 2020, May-July 2021)
Member of Computer Science Department Society for 2017-2020, President for the year 2019-2020.
Organised up.AI, one of India's earliest summits to promote AI for social good, in October 2018.
Student mentor for four first-year UG students under Student Welfare Group for 2018-2019.
Captain of the Infosec team, of the IIT KGP contingent to the Inter IIT Tech Meet 2019, held at IIT Roorkee. Participated again in 2020 as a member.

Extra-curriculars:
Was an NCC Cadet (Air Wing) from 2016 to 2018 under "3 Bengal Tech Air Squadron NCC"
Passed the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) N4 in December 2022 (128/180)
Can speak in four languages (Marathi, Hindi, English, Japanese)
Participated in a couple of crypto hackathons (November 2021, February 2022)
Participated in multiple CTFs (Capture-the-flag) events during college.
Kenan-Flagler
Full Time MBA
2 months ago
Round 2
Tepper
Full Time MBA
2 months ago
Round 2
Marshall (USC)
Full Time MBA
4 months ago
Round 2
Comments (3 comments)
28 Sep 2023, 10:48
For MBA would suggest you wait for 1 or 2 years (preferable), build your professional career and get some interesting projects / leadership experience under your belt. You already have a good international mindset which will be a positive and the profile broadly looks okay. If you feel you can improve the GMAT definitely give it another shot and see how high you can reach. Do explore the deferred option and see if that works as per your expectations.
For MIM would suggest targeting the LBS, HEC, INSEAD MIM programs which are really good for early career candidates and will enable you to transition into Management Consulting. You can subsequently do a top MBA after getting some work post your MIM (have been seeing a lot of candidates take this route as well).
28 Sep 2023, 10:20
Since you will have 2 years of experience would suggest exploring the deferred MBA route of maybe a Masters in Management. Most MBA programs globally look for around 4 years of experience since that much is required for you to add value in the program and share your experiences, the curriculum requires participation and sharing of your views.
With a 720 CBS maybe a stretch. Would suggest you have a relook at your profile and your program selection.

Reach out at info@thembaedge.com | +918368000961 if you have any other queries.
28 Sep 2023, 10:37
Thanks a lot for your review!
I have edited the profile a bit more. Could you please suggest which programs might be open with this amount of work experience? Also, should I consider retaking the GMAT or should I be focusing more on program selection?
28 Sep 2023, 10:48
For MBA would suggest you wait for 1 or 2 years (preferable), build your professional career and get some interesting projects / leadership experience under your belt. You already have a good international mindset which will be a positive and the profile broadly looks okay. If you feel you can improve the GMAT definitely give it another shot and see how high you can reach. Do explore the deferred option and see if that works as per your expectations.
For MIM would suggest targeting the LBS, HEC, INSEAD MIM programs which are really good for early career candidates and will enable you to transition into Management Consulting. You can subsequently do a top MBA after getting some work post your MIM (have been seeing a lot of candidates take this route as well).