GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 11:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Happy Christmas 20% Sale! Math Revolution All-In-One Products!

December 20, 2018

December 20, 2018

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

This is the most inexpensive and attractive price in the market. Get the course now!
  • Key Strategies to Master GMAT SC

December 22, 2018

December 22, 2018

07:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

Attend this webinar to learn how to leverage Meaning and Logic to solve the most challenging Sentence Correction Questions.

Erasable Whiteboard or Actual Paper?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
GPA: 3.8
Erasable Whiteboard or Actual Paper?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2018, 10:14
This is potentially a fairly silly question, but I've been getting mixed information about what you're actually provided with in terms of writing material at the test center. My MGMAT books seem to suggest it's an erasable whiteboard, but I think I've also read that graph paper is provided, and someone I know told me that it was more like a notepad with many sheets.

I suppose it shouldn't make a huge difference either way, but I just really don't like the idea of an erasable whiteboard, so might want to practice using one a bit beforehand if that is actually what they provide. And in the event that they do provide real paper, is the amount of paper provided a potential issue (i.e. should you be trying to use the limited amount of paper wisely)?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Erasable Whiteboard or Actual Paper?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2018, 10:20
Hey. I think its an erasable whiteboard with graph lines on it (square grid)
We get a black marker with it.
Plus it’s a spiral notepad.

Posted from my mobile device
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2018, 11:24
There is one you can buy online if you want to practice with it or you can just look at the picture
https://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-GMAT-S ... 0979017580

You can see my review with pictures: https://www.amazon.com/gp/review/RDE1EQ ... dctrvw_srp
(from 2010!!! Yiykes! but it is still accurate. Some things don't change much)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here!
Want to know application stats & Profiles from last year? Check the Decision Tracker

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2018, 10:25
Ah, so it's basically a combination of the three things I'd heard. Thank you both so much! Just submitted my Amazon order and will practice with it this week (test is this coming Saturday).

And sorry to go off-topic here, but I'm struggling a bit with what to do over the course of the next week in terms of taking practice CATs versus doing practice problems in specific areas.

My Official GMAC CAT results are:
#1: 6/14 (after 6 days of studying), 710 (Q48, V39)
#2: 7/8, 770 (Q50, V47)
#3: 7/20, 750 (Q48, V45)
#4: 7/27, 770 (Q50, V44)

I took a GMAT Club test on 7/4 and got a 660 (Q45, V35). It kind of spooked me so I decided to stick to the GMAC CATs for the sake of my nerves.

I also haven't studied at all for verbal and am focusing on quant (I think just writing down "A, B, C, D, E" and crossing out incorrect choices for SC questions helped my verbal score on/after the second CAT).

I have already purchased the 5th and 6th GMAC CATs, but also have some OG 2018 problems to keep working through (and ones I've flagged to re-do). Would taking more CATs make sense, or should I go through those remaining/flagged OG problems?

Thank you!
SVP
SVP
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2018, 03:16
bravo13 wrote:
Ah, so it's basically a combination of the three things I'd heard. Thank you both so much! Just submitted my Amazon order and will practice with it this week (test is this coming Saturday).

And sorry to go off-topic here, but I'm struggling a bit with what to do over the course of the next week in terms of taking practice CATs versus doing practice problems in specific areas.

My Official GMAC CAT results are:
#1: 6/14 (after 6 days of studying), 710 (Q48, V39)
#2: 7/8, 770 (Q50, V47)
#3: 7/20, 750 (Q48, V45)
#4: 7/27, 770 (Q50, V44)

I took a GMAT Club test on 7/4 and got a 660 (Q45, V35). It kind of spooked me so I decided to stick to the GMAC CATs for the sake of my nerves.

I also haven't studied at all for verbal and am focusing on quant (I think just writing down "A, B, C, D, E" and crossing out incorrect choices for SC questions helped my verbal score on/after the second CAT).

I have already purchased the 5th and 6th GMAC CATs, but also have some OG 2018 problems to keep working through (and ones I've flagged to re-do). Would taking more CATs make sense, or should I go through those remaining/flagged OG problems?

Thank you!
Those are some really good scores!

I suggest you take one more practice test (not later than Wednesday). A little bit of quant practice could also help, given that your quant score sometimes drops from 50 to 48. Going over the questions you've flagged for review is also a good idea.

All the best!

Ascore Prep | Live Online

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 05:09
Thanks! I think I should have time for both between today and tomorrow so will take another CAT.
Target Test Prep Representative
P
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2018, 09:52
Wow, you have some amazing practice test scores. GMAT Club tests are known to be harder than the actual GMAT. So, your score on that GMAT Club test is not a reason to be concerned.

Since you have a few weeks until your exam, you may consider doing various problems sets of verbal/quant questions as well as more practice exams. So, you could answer all of the remaining OG questions and take the remaining practice tests.

After completing each practice exam or problem set, you need to analyze your results. Begin by reviewing every question that you CORRECTLY answered. Take note of what you’re doing well and what skills and concepts are coming naturally to you. Take note of what question types you feel strong with.

Your next task, and probably your most important, is to carefully review each of your INCORRECT answers. When you examine each incorrect answer, you can use GMAT Club to seek out reliable explanations for the questions. You probably will find it helpful to read a number of the experts’ solutions to each question and stick with the solutions that make the most sense to you. Keep a detailed log of the questions that you didn’t answer correctly. For example, perhaps you got a rate-time-distance question wrong, an overlapping sets question wrong, two weaken questions wrong, and two subject/verb questions wrong. Once you have identified the types of questions with which you are least comfortable, strive to fill in any gaps in your understanding of how to answer these types of questions. You will find that by giving yourself time to strengthen your weaker areas, you will develop a level of comfort with those areas that you did not have before, and thus increase the probability that, if you see questions in those areas on test day, you will answer them correctly.

Unless you have missed questions simply because you have made careless mistakes, it’s very effective to use these wrong answer topics as a guide to areas of weakness that you can strengthen to improve your skills and, thus, lock in a high score. By following this plan, you should put yourself in a great spot for test day!

Scott Woodbury-Stewart
Founder and CEO

GMAT Quant Self-Study Course
500+ lessons 3000+ practice problems 800+ HD solutions

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Erasable Whiteboard or Actual Paper? &nbs [#permalink] 01 Aug 2018, 09:52

Erasable Whiteboard or Actual Paper?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap