GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 23:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • The winning strategy for 700+ on the GMAT

December 13, 2018

December 13, 2018

08:00 AM PST

09:00 AM PST

What people who reach the high 700's do differently? We're going to share insights, tips and strategies from data we collected on over 50,000 students who used examPAL.
  • GMATbuster's Weekly GMAT Quant Quiz, Tomorrow, Saturday at 9 AM PST

December 14, 2018

December 14, 2018

09:00 AM PST

10:00 AM PST

10 Questions will be posted on the forum and we will post a reply in this Topic with a link to each question. There are prizes for the winners.

gmat mock help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
gmat mock help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2016, 10:37
Hi,

I have 17 days left for my gmat excluding 2 dayz just b4 the exam.Just want to know doing how many mocks wud be suffice.I have 9 mocks in hand ie 6 manhattan 1 gmat prep 1 veritas 1 kaplan..will doing only these be suffice..further from where should i practice in the dayz left in between provided i have done og 16 and magoosh practice questions..kindly guide i am an average person who got 510 in the 1st gmat mock taken. I aspire 680+ kindly guide...should i go ahead and buy 6 kaplan mocks aswell?
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
G
Re: gmat mock help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2016, 13:35
kk12 wrote:
Hi,

I have 17 days left for my gmat excluding 2 dayz just b4 the exam.Just want to know doing how many mocks wud be suffice.I have 9 mocks in hand ie 6 manhattan 1 gmat prep 1 veritas 1 kaplan..will doing only these be suffice..further from where should i practice in the dayz left in between provided i have done og 16 and magoosh practice questions..kindly guide i am an average person who got 510 in the 1st gmat mock taken. I aspire 680+ kindly guide...should i go ahead and buy 6 kaplan mocks aswell?

Dear kk12,
I'm happy to respond. :-)

First of all, my friend, I will chide you. Your language is very sloppy and informal in this post. This is a public forum. The other people here might one day be your colleagues, your boss, your competitors, your investors, your customers, etc. etc. What is someone had a low opinion of you from a post here? You never get another chance to make a first impression. Furthermore, the best way to achieve excellence on the GMAT is to practice excellence as a habit, and that means bringing the very best of yourself to each and every experience. This is your life. This is not a practice run. If you bring the very best of yourself to each and every situation, habitually, you will lay the groundwork for success in multiple ways. If you take even little things for granted and don't show up fully, you will find as you move through life that you have undercut yourself time and time again and realize it only too late. Take yourself seriously, take your life seriously, and treat every encounter with the self-respect that you deserve.

Here's a blog that discusses some of the habits of excellence:
http://magoosh.com/gmat/2014/gmat-study ... 0-or-more/

The simple answer to your question is: NO! Nine practice GMATs in 17 days is already insane. :shock: Do not add any more. In fact, I would recommend cutting that number down significantly.

You see, experience itself doesn't equal learning. Learning = [experience] + [reflection], and for deep learning, reflection should take much more time and energy than the experience itself. I don't know what other practice you have planned for the upcoming days, but I would say if you take 1 practice GMAT on one day, you should give your mind & body one or two days off, taking time to review in detail every single question on that test. Make yourself an expert in wringing every last drop of understand you can get from a practice test.

One huge mistake folks make in studying is, after a practice test, to spend maybe 30-60 seconds on each question they got wrong. Just a glance at the OE, "Oh, I see my mistake," then done. That is 100% inadequate. Suppose a crazy person with a gun told you that they would shoot you if you ever made that mistake again: how much would you have to study that question to make sure that you never made that mistake again? How would you study that question if your life depended on it? Fortunately, no one is trying to shoot you, but the point is that your life really does depend, in part, on the level of learning you bring to your GMAT. How much energy would you invest in studying a mistake if your future hinged on whether you made that mistake again? Among other things, for any mistake you make, you probably should re-watch the relevant Magoosh video lessons---if it's a Magoosh question, you can watch the question's VE. If you can write the nature of the mistake down in words, a detailed description, then writing it will help you remember. If you can explain it to someone else, in a study group or here on GC, that's even more helpful. All that should give you a sense of the time & energy investment required for learning from your mistakes. Here's a GRE blog about learning from mistakes:
http://magoosh.com/gre/2013/good-i-got-it-wrong/
Here's a GMAT blog in a similar vein:
https://magoosh.com/gmat/2015/studying- ... -mistakes/

Does all this make sense?
Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. — William Butler Yeats (1865 – 1939)

Intern
Intern
Re: gmat mock help  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 20:29
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: gmat mock help &nbs [#permalink] 23 Jan 2016, 20:29

gmat mock help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap