It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 05:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT1 -640 GMAT2-640 Need Help!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

CAT Tests
GMAT1 -640 GMAT2-640 Need Help! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2017, 04:43
Hi,

I am writing this post with extreme disappointment. I gave my 1st GMAT on 27th July 2017 and managed to score only 640(q47 v31). Cancelled the score. I realized I needed to work a lot harder. So I started preparing harder and scheduled my exam for 3rd Nov 2017. I just came back from my exam and I managed to score 640(q48 v28) today, cancelled the score. I have primarily using the OG and a lot of help from gmatclub. I spent a lot of time on the level 700 questions on gmatclub for CR and SC. I got really comfortable with them. I started making notes of all the mistakes I made and what was the correct answer. I also used egmat verbal online course after my first exam. My last two scores on gmatPrerp are 690 and 680. Both tests were taken under proper conditions. Only 8 minute breaks in between the sections. Did not pause the test. Attempted the IR and Essay as well.

The week leading up to the GMAT I studied a lot and put myself under a lot of pressure. Many things went terribly wrong today. I forgot my passport on the way to the center. Luckily my friend was able to deliver it on time but by that time, I had already stressed out a lot. And then during the verbal section, my monitor went blank while I was attempting a RC question. Lost 4-5 minutes because of the technical issue but the timer did not stop. That threw me completely off balance. All of a sudden I could not comprehend questions, I had to re-read them many times to understand. I am feeling very helpless. I feel I am capable of scoring more than 640 for sure. I want to breach the 700 mark.

I plan on applying to full-time MBA programs for fall 2018. With round 2 deadlines in December end - January beginning, do I have enough time for another attempt? If I retake GMAT towards the end of this month, while simultaneously working on my application, does it sound like a good idea? Am I being unrealistic or overambitious? I really need to get a grip on myself. Any specific tips to calm myself during the exam?

Thanks in advance.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

e-GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesJamboree Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 110 [0], given: 328

GPA: 3.64
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT1 -640 GMAT2-640 Need Help! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2017, 08:16
apurvroy wrote:
Hi,

I am writing this post with extreme disappointment. I gave my 1st GMAT on 27th July 2017 and managed to score only 640(q47 v31). Cancelled the score. I realized I needed to work a lot harder. So I started preparing harder and scheduled my exam for 3rd Nov 2017. I just came back from my exam and I managed to score 640(q48 v28) today, cancelled the score. I have primarily using the OG and a lot of help from gmatclub. I spent a lot of time on the level 700 questions on gmatclub for CR and SC. I got really comfortable with them. I started making notes of all the mistakes I made and what was the correct answer. I also used egmat verbal online course after my first exam. My last two scores on gmatPrerp are 690 and 680. Both tests were taken under proper conditions. Only 8 minute breaks in between the sections. Did not pause the test. Attempted the IR and Essay as well.

The week leading up to the GMAT I studied a lot and put myself under a lot of pressure. Many things went terribly wrong today. I forgot my passport on the way to the center. Luckily my friend was able to deliver it on time but by that time, I had already stressed out a lot. And then during the verbal section, my monitor went blank while I was attempting a RC question. Lost 4-5 minutes because of the technical issue but the timer did not stop. That threw me completely off balance. All of a sudden I could not comprehend questions, I had to re-read them many times to understand. I am feeling very helpless. I feel I am capable of scoring more than 640 for sure. I want to breach the 700 mark.

I plan on applying to full-time MBA programs for fall 2018. With round 2 deadlines in December end - January beginning, do I have enough time for another attempt? If I retake GMAT towards the end of this month, while simultaneously working on my application, does it sound like a good idea? Am I being unrealistic or overambitious? I really need to get a grip on myself. Any specific tips to calm myself during the exam?

Thanks in advance.

Hi
Do not feel helpless. It seems due to the technical glitch you were tensed. I think you can contact GMAC, as they may allow for a re-exam based on less fee. IMO preparing for GMAT as well as working on application is tough. I would suggest to concentrate on GMAT first. Plan the Gmat exam by this month end, then you have time for applications. Stay calm the week before the test and just go through the error log and typical questions alongwith revision of formulae and concepts. Hope you will do well next time.

Please give kudos, if you like my post

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going...

Kudos [?]: 110 [0], given: 328

Re: GMAT1 -640 GMAT2-640 Need Help!   [#permalink] 03 Nov 2017, 08:16

GMAT1 -640 GMAT2-640 Need Help!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
HOT DEALS FOR NOVEMBER
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap