Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 19:38 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 19:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE:Other (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
ARLee Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions and Career Coaching by INSEAD alum and former Samsung HR Head.
Affiliations: INSEAD MBA'11D (experience as admissions interviewer), SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Read our Verified Client Reviews on GMAT Club:
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Re: LBS Rounds [#permalink]
WrAe wrote:
Hi everyone,
My top choice school is LBS, I attempted the GMAT test once and got 680 Q48/V34
I'm a female architect with 5 years WE and I'm from the middle east.
Now, here's the dilemma: Do I roll the dice and apply in the first round with my current score, or do I retake the GMAT aiming for 700+, and apply for the second round? Anybody been in a similar situation? Is there a big difference between these rounds? And the big question: Is 680 good enough for LBS?

WrAe

I cannot see why LBS would not seriously consider you with your current score. First, you come from a very underrepresented applicant pool, a female professional (and architect) from the Middle East. That is as unique as it gets. Second, you have a good Quant score, and English is likely not your first language, so the schools will be encouraging of your ambition.

Go ahead and apply, but it is important that you submit a very well thought out, well researched and well-crafted application.

Best wishes

Feel free to speak should you want professional advice on cracking applications and interviews.

Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, ex-INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
GMAT Club Bot
Re: LBS Rounds [#permalink]