GMAT Verbal Chat

GMAT Quantitative Chat

GMAT Data Insight Chat

MBA Chat

go back
Indian Applicants 0 members online out of 3448
dots
Chat members
Pinned: Hey everyone. Here is a reminder that sharing/re-selling mba.com test access or any online course access is strictly against their license agreements. Any attempts do so will get you banned on mba.com and GMATClub forever. Let us keep the discussion ethical and healthy. Thank you for your cooperation.
Pin
It cuts both ways, IMO, and is not so black or white. Some lower ranked schools actually don’t consider a candidate with a very high score because they believe that such a candidate will not come to them even if s/he is admitted, and this will ruin the school’s yield ratio. Case in point: my candidate (IME, 760, O&G industry) wasn’t interviewed by a Texas-based school ranked T25–30, while all 10 better-ranked schools (out of the 11 he applied to) have interviewed him. Secondly, joining a lower ranked school just because of an 80%–100% scholarship could come with its own consequences of not being able to secure a job, and one may have to return home.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Agreed on that, it has to be a well thought smart move
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
And we help people with this stuff early on, takes care of things towards the end
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is there anybody who can tell if it is possible to get in ESCP
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Heya I am unable to make a payment through sbi debit visa card for gmat.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
payalghogre wrote:
Heya I am unable to make a payment through sbi debit visa card for gmat.

Please ensure you’ve international transactions enabled on your card
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Yes. It is enabled.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
My bank informed me that I would need to upgrade it to platinum. That will take 10 days. Hence, I used my friend’s credit card.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
You can use Niyo card
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
payalghogre wrote:
My bank informed me that I would need to upgrade it to platinum. That will take 10 days. Hence, I used my friend’s credit card.

I could not do the same back in the day, took help from someone else with their credit card. IDK if platinum will work either.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Some internet cafe owners, photo copy shop options and other options are always open and they can provide their details and make this transaction
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
SBI was very inconvenient, even that travel card stopped working when I got in the US
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hlo, I have 670 in GMAT , 50% in 12th, 58% in 10th , 74 in BCA, 2 years of experience as BDE for US clients, data science internship, AWS certificate, do you think will I get calls or able to convert schools like IMT-G, GLIM, GIM ,TAPMI, IMI, SP JAIN?? I’m very tense and unable to study properly 😢
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I think so. This one from SP Jain- https://www.spjain.org/programs/postgra ... ss-profile ??
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Also if any of you need free profile eval, it is available here- www.mbaconquerors.com/challenge
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, I am searching for a study partner to discuss some gmat things. So that we both review each others progress, share tips and help in improving our scores.
Let me know if any one of you are interested.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Anyone giving exam in first week of April?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
yes me
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am giving in first week of May
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Check your DM
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi guys I have been accepted into ESADE MiM + CEMS and Bocconi Essec Double Degree MiM. I was wondering if any of you could help me out regarding which college to choose. Thank you.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
@shreyaaaansh what was your gmat score?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It was 645
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
shreyaaaansh wrote:
Hi guys I have been accepted into ESADE MiM + CEMS and Bocconi Essec Double Degree MiM. I was wondering if any of you could help me out regarding which college to choose. Thank you.

It’s upto you ,but I will highly suggest bocconi essec double degree . It’s more prestigious in European markets
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
shreyaaaansh wrote:

Also it also depend on which job role u want after masters ? If it’s consulting /finance ,go for bocconi /essec without a doubt
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi,
What is 700 equivalent of tradition GMAT in GMAT focus edition?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
RiyaTiwari wrote:
Hi, What is 700 equivalent of tradition GMAT in GMAT focus edition?

700 in classic roughly equates to 655 in FE. That said, as an Indian, it is important for you to aim higher than that, if you want to have a fighting chance of an admit.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
RiyaTiwari wrote:
Hi, What is 700 equivalent of tradition GMAT in GMAT focus edition?

645-655
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dee1pug1 wrote:
700 in classic roughly equates to 655 in FE. That said, as an Indian, it is important for you to aim higher than that, if you want to have a fighting chance of an admit.

True as India is a high volume Country, so many students apply . A safe score should be 685 or 685 plus
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Specially If you’re applying in R4 applications
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mayanksinghal wrote:
True as India is a high volume Country, so many students apply . A safe score should be 685 or 685 plus

Agreed. But nothing is safe for an Indian, any Indian! :D
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dee1pug1 wrote:
Agreed. But nothing is safe for an Indian, any Indian! :D

Yes ,because all other indians also know this 😂, but I have seen Indians getting into top 5 mim with 655 score but those in R1,R2
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
But by R4 already 80-85 percent seats filled so better to get 685 or plus
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
A proper safe score is 705-715 for an Indian Applicant
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi Folks,
I am targeting test in August this year. Target Score: 675
If somebody here has the similae targets, we can study together.
Thanks!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
RiyaTiwari wrote:
Hi Folks, I am targeting test in August this year. Target Score: 675 If somebody here has the similae targets, we can study together. Thanks!

Just in case you are aiming to apply for the September R1 deadlines, then Aug may be late in your plans. Your score will have a major influence in your schools selection and in turn, your research, networking, attending webinars, etc. It may do you well if you revise your plan to have a ready score in hand by the end of June 2024. Just a recommendation.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
June is too early. I dont think I can score 650+ by then.
Also I am only targeting ABC for exec MBA
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can I get an LOR from the co-founder of my tiny startup?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
RiyaTiwari wrote:
June is too early. I dont think I can score 650+ by then. Also I am only targeting ABC for exec MBA

I think we have similar goals. Only I am planning to take the GMAT by May - June.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Haffun wrote:

Your statement appears to suggest that you are a co-founder. If correct, then do not take an LoR from your peer. Perhaps a mentor to your start-up or a customer would be a better option.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dee1pug1 wrote:
Your statement appears to suggest that you are a co-founder. If correct, then do not take an LoR from your peer. Perhaps a mentor to your start-up or a customer would be a better option.

Makes sense. Thank you.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
RiyaTiwari wrote:
June is too early. I dont think I can score 650+ by then. Also I am only targeting ABC for exec MBA

:thumbsup:
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Puruvatsa wrote:
Hlo, I have 670 in GMAT , 50% in 12th, 58% in 10th , 74 in BCA, 2 years of experience as BDE for US clients, data science internship, AWS certificate, do you think will I get calls or able to convert schools like IMT-G, GLIM, GIM ,TAPMI, IMI, SP JAIN?? I’m very tense and unable to study properly 😢

Hey, Puruvatsa,

Thank you for your post!

Here’s a concise summary of What I can find on the GMAT score requirements for top business schools in India:

-IMT Ghaziabad: Average GMAT score range of 650-750.
-Great Lakes Institute of Management (GLIM): GMAT scores considered, specific average not provided.
-Goa Institute of Management (GIM): The minimum GMAT score required is 620.
-T.A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI): GMAT score typically required is 630.
-International Management Institute (IMI): Accepts GMAT scores, average not specified.
-SP Jain Institute of Management and Research (SPJIMR): A minimum GMAT score of 690 is required, with section scores of Q49 and V35.

Based on the information you provided, your GMAT score of 670 is decent and falls within the average range for most of the schools you mentioned. However, your academic scores of 50% in 12th and 58% in 10th might be a concern for some schools. It’s important to note that while academic scores are important, they are not the only factor in the admission decision. Moreover, your academic trajectory shows a clear upward trend, indicating your ability to adapt and excel.

Your work experience as a BDE for US clients and data science internship are definitely valuable experiences and should work in your favor. Additionally, your AWS certificate is a useful credential that could enhance your application. You need to focus more on effectively communicating your unique strengths, learnings, and experiences in your application essays. Each school has its unique selection criteria, and you must tailor your application accordingly!

Overall, with no data on ECAs, Community work, accolades, post-MBA goals, etc, it’s difficult to say definitively whether you will get calls or be able to convert at the schools you mentioned. Admissions decisions are based on a variety of factors, including academic scores, work experience, extracurricular activities, essays, and interviews. My advice would be to focus on putting together a strong application that highlights your strengths and unique qualities. It’s also important to stay positive and not let your anxiety affect your studies.

Lastly, If you need a more in-depth Evaluation, you can connect with us for free using this link-
https://www.mim-essay.com/study-abroad- ... Applicants

Sorry for the long answer; I hope this helps! :)

Cheers!

Abhyank
Founder & CEO
MiM-Essay
MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting
Contact us: +91-8448224865
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
WAITLISED?

We understand that this stage can be both exciting and challenging as you eagerly await a final decision.

We believe that with the right guidance and strategy, you can transform this waitlist into a successful admission. That’s why we’re offering you a complimentary profile evaluation call with our experienced admissions consultants.

The profile analysis call will cover:
1. Thorough Application Review
2. Identification of Strengths
3. Areas for Improvement
4. Personalized Strategy

Schedule your call now and take the first step towards securing your spot at your dream B-school.

CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE A FREE PROFILE ANALYSIS SESSION WITH US.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Haffun wrote:

This problem requires a more nuanced discussion. If you’re a founder of a new/fledgling startup with limited growth, I wouldn’t advise obtaining letters of recommendation from your co-founder or business partner/client/supplier/vendor. Admissions committees scrutinize new entrepreneurs seeking an MBA as an exit strategy after facing challenges with suspicion. While narratives of setbacks are acceptable, for letters of recommendation, committees prefer endorsements from managers and organizations where you’ve had a stable tenure. The bigger the brand of the organisation, the better it is. Hence, if your startup is in its early stages but you’ve had a solid professional track record elsewhere, try to secure letters from former supervisors.

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
Founder, MBAGuideConsulting
LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­­­
 ­
 ­­­­­­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am giving my GMAT very close to my college admissions deadline and just wanted to know from people who have given it earlier, how long does it take for GMAC to actually send the score to the university? I have 2 separate deadlines- one for test-taker results and one for the official one from GMAC so I want to select my exam date accordingly. Also, does the location/country where you are giving the test matter in terms of how long it will take for them to send the results?

Looking for any help and insights!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
pra98 wrote:
I am giving my GMAT very close to my college admissions deadline and just wanted to know from people who have given it earlier, how long does it take for GMAC to actually send the score to the university? I have 2 separate deadlines- one for test-taker results and one for the official one from GMAC so I want to select my exam date accordingly. Also, does the location/country where you are giving the test matter in terms of how long it will take for them to send the results? Looking for any help and insights!

Just replied you on reddit 😂. I am also from India . Don’t worry much . Even you can submit your unofficial score also to college first
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
pra98 wrote:
I am giving my GMAT very close to my college admissions deadline and just wanted to know from people who have given it earlier, how long does it take for GMAC to actually send the score to the university? I have 2 separate deadlines- one for test-taker results and one for the official one from GMAC so I want to select my exam date accordingly. Also, does the location/country where you are giving the test matter in terms of how long it will take for them to send the results? Looking for any help and insights!

Mine were reported to college from gmac within few hours but schools took time to confirm receipt of those scores
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mayanksinghal wrote:
Just replied you on reddit 😂. I am also from India . Don’t worry much . Even you can submit your unofficial score also to college first

haha wow. thanks again tho!! 😅
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
gulluhullu wrote:
Mine were reported to college from gmac within few hours but schools took time to confirm receipt of those scores

thank you!! :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MBAGuide wrote:
This problem requires a more nuanced discussion. If you’re a founder of a new/fledgling startup with limited growth, I wouldn’t advise obtaining letters of recommendation from your co-founder or business partner/client/supplier/vendor. Admissions committees scrutinize new entrepreneurs seeking an MBA as an exit strategy after facing challenges with suspicion. While narratives of setbacks are acceptable, for letters of recommendation, committees prefer endorsements from managers and organizations where you’ve had a stable tenure. The bigger the brand of the organisation, the better it is. Hence, if your startup is in its early stages but you’ve had a solid professional track record elsewhere, try to secure letters from former supervisors. Best wishes Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD admissions interviewer) Founder, MBAGuideConsulting LinkedIn |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­­­  ­  ­­­­­­

Thank you!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I am going to apply for 2025 LBS MBA intake. Since there is some time, can someone tell me how I can use this time to maximise my chances by doing something more? I am an Indian female with 12years of total work experience, 2 yrs experience as a co-founder of an early stage startup, avg gpa, I have done good amount of co-curricular activities both during my undergrad years and at work. I also write and have published a couple of short fiction pieces.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Forgot to mention that my field of work is Technology.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Unlock Your MBA Future: Expert Guidance for the Round 1 September 25 Intake MBA Programs

Join us for this FREE Coffee Webinar to Unlock Success at Top Business Schools!

Are you considering applying to MBA programs this year in 2024? Don’t miss out on this exclusive opportunity to gain valuable insights and expert guidance to navigate the application process successfully.

📅 April 04, 2024
🕘 11.30 AM ET | 9.00 PM IST

What do you get at the end of the session?
1. Exclusive guide on Crafting an Exceptional Resume with Expert Tips directly from Business School Alumni

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE SESSION
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi There,

If you’re aiming to get guidance for Education Loan for ensuring better funding for your MBA, you can try this loan evaluation tool -
https://loan.foreignadmits.com/
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Haffun wrote:
I am going to apply for 2025 LBS MBA intake. Since there is some time, can someone tell me how I can use this time to maximise my chances by doing something more? I am an Indian female with 12years of total work experience, 2 yrs experience as a co-founder of an early stage startup, avg gpa, I have done good amount of co-curricular activities both during my undergrad years and at work. I also write and have published a couple of short fiction pieces.

hope this finds you well. In my humble opinion, you can maximize your chances by carefully strategizing your application at this point. With more than a decade long career behind you, the incremental benefit of most things that you will invest your time in will not be much (except for one that I will list below). Therefore, really break down and reconstruct your stories in a way that it establishes how working in a variety of roles has given you the ability to contextualize business problems better than others who will apply to LBS.

What’s the one thing you could do that will maximize your chances? The one thing that impresses adcoms the most is an applicant’s ability to take risks and quickly switch gears to improve their ability to fulfill future objectives. So think about what your post-MBA goals are, and if you are planning not to continue in entrepreneurship, take up new internships with well-known startups in areas that will help you to successfully find suitable opportunities post MBA. It is not uncommon for admits to top B-schools to pursue internships just before applying or joining a B-school. If you can showcase to the adcom that you are prepared for anything that you will face in the future and you are strategically taking steps in the right direction, that will drastically improve your chances of an LBS admit. Needless to say, your employability post MBA is a key criterion in the admissions process.

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD alum, former INSEAD admissions interviewer)
WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­
 ­
 ­

­­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey guys ,I am not able to login into mba.com . It says something went wrong . Please contact customer service .
Earlier I thought happening to me only but I check with one of my friend he also not able to login today. Can anyone plz check wheather you’re also facing issue
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
mayanksinghal wrote:
Hey guys ,I am not able to login into mba.com . It says something went wrong . Please contact customer service . Earlier I thought happening to me only but I check with one of my friend he also not able to login today. Can anyone plz check wheather you’re also facing issue

I can login
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
BottomJee wrote:
I can login

On 25th ,website was down for some time
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello All,
I have got 705 in gmat, 6+ years of work ex.
I am planning to apply to t15 colleges in R1 .
I wanted to know if taking help from consultants is a must to get into t15/m7 colleges. Which are the best consultants any recommendations based on experience. Also looking for suggestions which will not break my bank.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
abcsayali wrote:
Hello All, I have got 705 in gmat, 6+ years of work ex. I am planning to apply to t15 colleges in R1 . I wanted to know if taking help from consultants is a must to get into t15/m7 colleges. Which are the best consultants any recommendations based on experience. Also looking for suggestions which will not break my bank.

Help from consultant increase your chances as they help you in making your resume according to school, LORs and interview prepp as well . MIM essay is good one ,you can consider them as they are less costly plus have a great team
I
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
But if you are confident that you can do all things on your own ,then no need for a consultant
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
abcsayali wrote:
Hello All, I have got 705 in gmat, 6+ years of work ex. I am planning to apply to t15 colleges in R1 . I wanted to know if taking help from consultants is a must to get into t15/m7 colleges. Which are the best consultants any recommendations based on experience. Also looking for suggestions which will not break my bank.

Well done on the GMAT. If you can spend good time to research on programs, do networking, and structure your story through crisp impactful essays, a consultant may not add much value.

When picking your consultant, besides referrals/ creds, make sure to call, talk to them and see if their knowledge, vibe, response, etc. work for you. Feel free to also check us out at admitstreet[dot]com
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
abcsayali wrote:

Congratulations on your great score. I believe that’s about a stellar 99th percentile. While you still have time on hand for researching schools and admissions mentors, I would suggest that you speak with many and build your own perception after hearing from them. The process of applying for an MBA is a great opportunity to get into networking mode, something that you will have to continue during and after your MBA. Therefore, you should totally start this journey by seeking insights from mentors who have experienced the industry firsthand and can add some fresh perspectives. On this note, feel free to get in touch with me for a candid discussion.

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD MBA alumna, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
Founder, MBAGuideConsulting (former MBA admissions coach at a top admissions consulting firm)
WEBSITE: www.mbaguideconsulting.com | Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­| LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aanchal-sahni-83b00819/
 ­­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
abcsayali wrote:

Hi, abcsayali,
Thank you for your question.

Firstly, your 705 GMAT score and 6+ years of work experience set a strong foundation for applying to the T15 business schools.

Regarding your question, consultants can provide valuable insights, especially in crafting a compelling narrative, offering feedback on your essays and interview preparation, and ensuring your application stands out. However, the decision to hire a consultant should be balanced against the investment involved. Consider the following strategies:

Look for Free AI tools - Try using a free Profile Evaluation AI tool to receive a personalized list of schools that match your profile. From there, you can narrow down your top choices based on your area of focus and financial considerations to build a strong application.
Profile Evaluation AI tool- https://www.mim-essay.com/profile-evalu ... n=Mainchat

Budget-Friendly Options: Look for consultants who offer flexible services, such as hourly consulting rates, rather than full-package services, which can be more expensive. This allows you to seek targeted help where you need it most, whether refining your essays, preparing for interviews, or selecting schools.

Free Initial Consultations: Many reputable consultants offer free initial consultations. Look for those consultants who offer such services and use these opportunities to gauge their understanding of your profile, their approach to the application process, and how they can help you enhance your application. This can also help you assess whether their advice resonates with your goals and if they’re a good personal fit.

Peer Feedback: Seek advice from current students or alumni of your target programs, possibly through networking events or online platforms.

Self-Preparation Resources: Lastly, numerous online resources, books, and forums provide extensive guidance on applying to MBA programs. Diligently using these resources can significantly improve your application without the need for a consultant.

Assess your needs, budget, and the amount of time you can dedicate to the application process before deciding on the right path for you.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Free Webinar for Aspiring T10 & M7 MBAs

Dreaming of attending a top-ranked business school? Join our FREE webinar and unlock the secrets to crafting a standout application for T10 and M7 programs.

Learn from admissions experts:
1. Master the application process for elite business schools.
2. Craft a compelling personal statement that gets noticed.
3. Stand out from the competition with winning essays and interviews.

What do you get at the end of the session?
Exclusive Sample essays of Successful Applicants from Top US schools.

Don’t miss this chance to gain the edge!

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello, I’ve received an admit from LBS for MiM 2025. Even though LBS is a great institution, I am a bit sceptical of the job prospects post MiM because of UK’s condition (I am from India, and only 2 Indian students have got job offers out of 35 and the programme ends in June).
Little about myself, I have a startup and I want to get into consulting but I have no prior working experience. Given that I’ll be taking a hefty educational loan to come to LBS, do you think I should make the move without work ex or should I wait at least for a year, gain some experience and hope for the situation to get better? (Also, I’m not sure if I would get into LBS next year or if I reject, would my chances be reduced?)
Please let me know what you think about it and what should I do?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MS in Business Analytics VS MBA in USA for getting job ASAP and settle down there
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
iamanuragdas wrote:
Hello, I’ve received an admit from LBS for MiM 2025. Even though LBS is a great institution, I am a bit sceptical of the job prospects post MiM because of UK’s condition (I am from India, and only 2 Indian students have got job offers out of 35 and the programme ends in June). Little about myself, I have a startup and I want to get into consulting but I have no prior working experience. Given that I’ll be taking a hefty educational loan to come to LBS, do you think I should make the move without work ex or should I wait at least for a year, gain some experience and hope for the situation to get better? (Also, I’m not sure if I would get into LBS next year or if I reject, would my chances be reduced?) Please let me know what you think about it and what should I do?

Anurag, be vary of the goal of getting into consulting, not because you are not capable, but because your Indian passport will require business / travel visa for any client site outside of the UK, and most consulting firms need free mobility.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey guys any INSEAD MiM admit here?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Puruvatsa wrote:
MS in Business Analytics VS MBA in USA for getting job ASAP and settle down there

Those are two completely different degrees with different outcomes. See what you want in career and then decide.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hey, iamanuragdas,
Firstly, congratulations to you! LBS is a highly respected institution with a highly competitive admissions process.

Regarding your question, it’s important to remember that the job market can vary from year to year. Your start-up not only counts as relevant work experience, but it can also be a safety net for you in case of any drastic conditions. Additionally, you should not rush into making a decision based on first glance. There are several other factors to consider, such as your pre-MiM job industry, total experience, individual performance, etc.

Ultimately, choosing whether or not to go to LBS is a personal decision. However, if you think you can crack the admissions process again, it may be worth waiting for the current scenario to change. Rejecting an offer from LBS does not necessarily reduce your chances of admission in the future, especially if you can demonstrate significant professional growth and achievements during your time away. Admissions committees value candidates who have taken deliberate steps to enhance their profile and skills.

Cheers!
Abhyank
Founder & CEO
MiM-Essay
MBA and Masters Admissions Consulting
Contact us: +91-8448224865
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Puruvatsa wrote:

Hey, Puruvatsa,
Allow me to provide you with some information that will help you make an informed decision.

1. MSBA—The MSBA is more technical and focuses on harnessing the power of data to make business decisions. It Specializes data analytics and quantitative methods.
MBA — An MBA is focused on the overall management of businesses, organizations, and projects

2. Curriculum for MSBA - Data analytics, statistical modeling, machine learning, predictive analytics, data visualization.
Curriculum for MBA - Finance, marketing, operations, strategy, leadership.

3. An MSBA program can take two to three semesters to complete.
A full-time MBA program takes around four semesters.

To choose the right program for you, consider whether you want to specialize in data and analytics or gain general management skills. If you are interested in specializing, an MSBA may be the right choice. If you want to build your business management skills, an MBA may be a better fit.

For more information on the key differences between MSBA and MBA degrees, career outcomes and opportunities, and ROI comparison, please check out this link: https://www.mim-essay.com/mba-vs-msba?u ... tsChatroom.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can someone here help me understand the true difference between an MIM and an MBA? I wanted to do an MBA earlier but thought MIM was a better choice considering my experience in a technical field (~2 years). Should I also do an MBA later on? I’m admitted to HEC Paris MiM, and plan to do the International Business or Marketing specialisation, whichever I get.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
slk00 wrote:
Can someone here help me understand the true difference between an MIM and an MBA? I wanted to do an MBA earlier but thought MIM was a better choice considering my experience in a technical field (~2 years). Should I also do an MBA later on? I’m admitted to HEC Paris MiM, and plan to do the International Business or Marketing specialisation, whichever I get.

Here is my unbiased take-
Masters in Management is a general management program designed for recent graduates and young professionals who want to pursue entry-level opportunities in business /consulting directly after graduating.
Here I am discussing 3 scenarios in which case it makes good sense to pursue a MiM program:

1. You wish to work abroad

If you are a recent graduate looking to work internationally, it makes sense to pursue a MiM program, especially if your current degree is lesser-known outside of your country and you would not be able to find international opportunities.

2. You wish to pivot to Business management or consulting roles directly

If you are an engineer, for example, who does not wish to follow the traditional growth trajectory through working in the industry for a few years before opting out via an MBA, MiM programs are a way to pivot to business management roles from the start of your career.
As MiM degrees are gaining popularity, these are feeding into entry-level business management roles more than ever.

As you already have some professional background and practical understanding of various strategies in your area- tech, you could leverage that to get into entry-level consulting roles after a MiM.

3. You currently have a lack of employment opportunities

If you currently have limited professional network and job opportunities, getting into a top-tier MiM program would help you rebrand yourself and get a new direction professionally (more so in Europe than Americas).

I am elaborating on some alternate scenarios in which case it would not make good sense to pursue a Master’s in Management program.

1. You have a job opportunity that you like and maybe one that also gives you international mobility
I worked as an engineer at a job that gave me the opportunity to expatriate – twice! With some patience and thoughtful planning, I chalked my journey to getting admits to prestigious MBA programs. Having a professional role/job that amps up your resume if you stay a few years will improve the odds of getting into a top-tier MBA program.

2. You have an MBA on your mind
If you fall in the category of professionals who like to make the best of opportunities as they come and want to do an MBA at some point to bridge skill gaps and take up senior roles in business, then doing a MiM at this point may not be a good idea. Please take note, top B schools typically do not consider folks with MiMs as desired candidates. The MiM courses in their modern definition exist to address a need in the market. And that market segment may not ideally converge with what Top 10 B schools globally look for (but obviously there can be exceptions, but I am saying this is not typical).  I can do another unbiased take on this and explain why. 

Best wishes
Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD MBA alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer)
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aanchal-sahni-83b00819/ |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/| Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
slk00 wrote:

Congrats on the HEC MiM admit!

It’d be difficult to answer your query without knowing further details on your context e.g. details of your work-ex, your career goals (sector/ function/ geography), what timelines are you looking at, etc.

Broadly, key differences between MBA and MiM are here: https://admitstreet.com/blog/mim-vs-mba/

Feel free to provide further details, and I can share feedback.

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet | HEC Paris MBA alum, Former admissions interviewer
W: https://admitstreet.com | L: https://www.linkedin.com/in/arvindkvenkat/ | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com­­
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
MBAGuide wrote:
Here is my unbiased take- Masters in Management is a general management program designed for recent graduates and young professionals who want to pursue entry-level opportunities in business /consulting directly after graduating. Here I am discussing 3 scenarios in which case it makes good sense to pursue a MiM program: 1. You wish to work abroad If you are a recent graduate looking to work internationally, it makes sense to pursue a MiM program, especially if your current degree is lesser-known outside of your country and you would not be able to find international opportunities. 2. You wish to pivot to Business management or consulting roles directly If you are an engineer, for example, who does not wish to follow the traditional growth trajectory through working in the industry for a few years before opting out via an MBA, MiM programs are a way to pivot to business management roles from the start of your career. As MiM degrees are gaining popularity, these are feeding into entry-level business management roles more than ever. As you already have some professional background and practical understanding of various strategies in your area- tech, you could leverage that to get into entry-level consulting roles after a MiM. 3. You currently have a lack of employment opportunities If you currently have limited professional network and job opportunities, getting into a top-tier MiM program would help you rebrand yourself and get a new direction professionally (more so in Europe than Americas). I am elaborating on some alternate scenarios in which case it would not make good sense to pursue a Master’s in Management program. 1. You have a job opportunity that you like and maybe one that also gives you international mobility I worked as an engineer at a job that gave me the opportunity to expatriate – twice! With some patience and thoughtful planning, I chalked my journey to getting admits to prestigious MBA programs. Having a professional role/job that amps up your resume if you stay a few years will improve the odds of getting into a top-tier MBA program. 2. You have an MBA on your mind If you fall in the category of professionals who like to make the best of opportunities as they come and want to do an MBA at some point to bridge skill gaps and take up senior roles in business, then doing a MiM at this point may not be a good idea. Please take note, top B schools typically do not consider folks with MiMs as desired candidates. The MiM courses in their modern definition exist to address a need in the market. And that market segment may not ideally converge with what Top 10 B schools globally look for (but obviously there can be exceptions, but I am saying this is not typical).  I can do another unbiased take on this and explain why.  Best wishes Aanchal Sahni (INSEAD MBA alum, former INSEAD MBA admissions interviewer) Founder, MBAGuideConsulting  LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aanchal-sahni-83b00819/ |WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/| Message(WA): +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com­­

“Please take note, top B schools typically do not consider folks with MiMs as desired candidates.”
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can you pls elaborate why?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
admitStreet wrote:
Congrats on the HEC MiM admit! It’d be difficult to answer your query without knowing further details on your context e.g. details of your work-ex, your career goals (sector/ function/ geography), what timelines are you looking at, etc. Broadly, key differences between MBA and MiM are here: https://admitstreet.com/blog/mim-vs-mba/ Feel free to provide further details, and I can share feedback. Regards, Arvind Founder, admitStreet | HEC Paris MBA alum, Former admissions interviewer W: https://admitstreet.com | L: https://www.linkedin.com/in/arvindkvenkat/ | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com­­

Like on your website, mba is for people with substantial work experience. I don’t have anything on my CV striking enough to be admitted to an MBA program either, since I have not taken any key management roles at work. That’s why I chose to go with an MIM at present, and I’m battling whether I will be required to do an MBA in the future to further accelerate my career, if I have the opportunity - given my family situation, it’s something I can’t bet on for certain at the moment. But I did want to pivot to management sometime soon, since being in my present industry in a technical role doesn’t let me hone my skills to their full potential.

It’s
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
It’s also an advantageous position to be in since I get to do my specialization with an MIM, and I plan to take the gap year too - so it overall becomes a 3 year program
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
I just wanted to understand if an MBA teaches you something an MIM doesn’t, and if I’ll be needing to do it in the future
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
slk00 wrote:
I just wanted to understand if an MBA teaches you something an MIM doesn’t, and if I’ll be needing to do it in the future

Hi, happy to have a one to one discussion on this to advise you basis your unique situation. Please reach out directly
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
slk00 wrote:
Like on your website, mba is for people with substantial work experience. I don’t have anything on my CV striking enough to be admitted to an MBA program either, since I have not taken any key management roles at work. That’s why I chose to go with an MIM at present, and I’m battling whether I will be required to do an MBA in the future to further accelerate my career, if I have the opportunity - given my family situation, it’s something I can’t bet on for certain at the moment. But I did want to pivot to management sometime soon, since being in my present industry in a technical role doesn’t let me hone my skills to their full potential. It’s

Happy to connect and share feedback, please reach out with your profile to consultingteam[at]admitstreet[dot]com
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hello everyone,
I have recieved admit from Cranfield with scholarship. I need guidance whether I should join it ? What is the job prospect from Cranfield?
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Can anyone guide me if I should continue my pursuit for executive mba or regular mba in top colleges?

My academic and professional background is given below:
1. Btech graduate from a private college and not so well recognised university with a very low percentage (57%). My graduation subject was instrumentation and control engineering and I completed my btech in 2015. Since then I have worked in various IT firms of al different scales. Some of them are Moody’s Analytics, GlobalLogic and currently I am working with Accenture as a Team Lead. Currently, I am not managing a team but I am working on a individual role directly with one of the clients.

Now, after this 9 years of experience, I want to change my field and study finance as I have huge interest in it. But since my academics were not very strong, I feel that I might not get good colleges even if I score good marks in the GMAT. Can anyone of you guide me or let me know what Gmat FE score i should aim for getting good colleges? Also, if I should pursue full time mba or executive mba? And is my profile good enough to be considered for an MBA program from a reputed institute.

Thanks in advance.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
sudhanshu.joshi wrote:
Can anyone guide me if I should continue my pursuit for executive mba or regular mba in top colleges? My academic and professional background is given below: 1. Btech graduate from a private college and not so well recognised university with a very low percentage (57%). My graduation subject was instrumentation and control engineering and I completed my btech in 2015. Since then I have worked in various IT firms of al different scales. Some of them are Moody’s Analytics, GlobalLogic and currently I am working with Accenture as a Team Lead. Currently, I am not managing a team but I am working on a individual role directly with one of the clients. Now, after this 9 years of experience, I want to change my field and study finance as I have huge interest in it. But since my academics were not very strong, I feel that I might not get good colleges even if I score good marks in the GMAT. Can anyone of you guide me or let me know what Gmat FE score i should aim for getting good colleges? Also, if I should pursue full time mba or executive mba? And is my profile good enough to be considered for an MBA program from a reputed institute. Thanks in advance.

I beleive a lot of will resonate with your question :)
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
See a good gmat score can offset poor academics and it was a long time ago. Overall profile is looked at by the adcoms so just give the gmat fe after thorough preparation. For the score just make a list of your desired colleges and check their average gmat score and target 20-30 points above the average score. And I strongly suggest to do ur market research and hire a consultant, they will help u build ur profile and narrative in ways that the colleges expect.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
sudhanshu.joshi wrote:
Can anyone guide me if I should continue my pursuit for executive mba or regular mba in top colleges? My academic and professional background is given below: 1. Btech graduate from a private college and not so well recognised university with a very low percentage (57%). My graduation subject was instrumentation and control engineering and I completed my btech in 2015. Since then I have worked in various IT firms of al different scales. Some of them are Moody’s Analytics, GlobalLogic and currently I am working with Accenture as a Team Lead. Currently, I am not managing a team but I am working on a individual role directly with one of the clients. Now, after this 9 years of experience, I want to change my field and study finance as I have huge interest in it. But since my academics were not very strong, I feel that I might not get good colleges even if I score good marks in the GMAT. Can anyone of you guide me or let me know what Gmat FE score i should aim for getting good colleges? Also, if I should pursue full time mba or executive mba? And is my profile good enough to be considered for an MBA program from a reputed institute. Thanks in advance.

Past academics aside, the key question you need to introspect is, ’What evidence can you offer to the schools re your interest in Finance? What will an MBA do for you that were unable to do without it so far?’ [You are welcome to DM to take this Q&A forward, as I am an MBA admissions consultant].
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Looking to transition to Consulting post MBA? Join us on April 26th at 8pm IST to unlock the secrets of Consulting Careers post-MBA, with an ex-Mckinsey Consultant

Speakers:
* Gaurav Bhosle - CEO of Being Consultant, and a former McKinsey Consultant, bringing invaluable insights from the heart of the consulting industry. Gaurav has successfully executed 20+ consulting projects across Asia, Europe and Africa, and now coaches consulting aspirants to become STAR consultants at MBBs.
* Arvind Kumar (Host) - Founder of admitStreet, a former Big-4 Strategy Consultant (Dubai), and an MBA alumnus from HEC Paris. Arvind has successfully mentored MBA aspirants who have landed admits in US Top-20, INSEAD, HEC Paris, LBS, NTU among others.

We will cover these topics:
1. Discover the diverse array of consulting firms, roles/ responsibilities and dynamics at top Consulting firms like MBBs, big-4’s, boutiques, etc.
2. Learn about the typical hierarchy, career paths, and where a Consulting journey could lead you.
3. From choosing the right B-school to honing your narrative and seizing internship opportunities - we’ll share insider insights on breaking into the MBB’s.

There’s also a live Q&A session, where you’ll have the opportunity to ask your questions.

Register for the live webinar here: https://admitstreet.com/live-webinar-gaurav-consulting/

P.S: We will send you the joining link a week before the webinar, but make sure to register in advance as we have limited slots for the Zoom session.­

Regards,
Arvind
Founder, admitStreet
W: https://admitstreet.com | E: consultingteam@admitstreet.com
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Is there anybody who has worked with or planning to work with Dream School Admit Consultancy? Any Insights would be helpful on their consultancy process. Thanks!!
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi, everyone,

We have added a new episode to our GMAT Club Podcast. In this conversation with Ankit Mehra, IESE MBA and CEO & Co-Founder, of GyanDhan, we will discuss how prospective MBA students can finance their MBA education with education loans and scholarships.

You can listen to it at the following link https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmatclub-pod ... l#p3385553
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Hi I gave my GMAT today on focus edition and scored 505 I want to improve my score by 100-120 oints in 2 months and I am a student with a break now any suggestions
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
HOW TO FUND YOUR MBA?

Are you dreaming of pursuing an MBA but worried about the financial aspects?

Join our FREE Coffee Webinar for insider tips from scholarship-winning successful applicants.

During the session, we will explore scholarships and financing strategies to help you turn your MBA dreams into reality.

Speakers for the session:
1. Taylor Fucci: Got admits from Cornell, UNC & Emory with 620 GMAT & Scholarships
2. Prerna Nathani: Got into IESE & Cambridge Judge Business School with 700 GMAT and Scholarships

📅 May 02, 2024
🕘 11.30 AM ET | 9.00 PM IST

chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Piiiikaaachuuuu wrote:
Hi I gave my GMAT today on focus edition and scored 505 I want to improve my score by 100-120 oints in 2 months and I am a student with a break now any suggestions

hire a coach and take 1-2-1 classes.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Piiiikaaachuuuu wrote:

To improve 100-120 points in 2 months you can take help of a prep course.
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
dee1pug1 wrote:
hire a coach and take 1-2-1 classes.

Do you guys have any recommendation for an online coach
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Piiiikaaachuuuu wrote:

You won’t need one if you know how to use gmatclub right
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin
Piiiikaaachuuuu wrote:

I will recommend go for it. It will give you structure on how to go about things. Use gmatclub as an added help
chevron down
Private
Delete
Pin