Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 21:14 It is currently 03 May 2024, 21:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, Other
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.62
WE:Editorial and Writing (Journalism and Publishing)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Re: Kellogg 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hey guys, I have followed the thread pretty closely but never posted. Oh well, there's always a first time..

I am a R2 applicant (applying to the MMM program) from India but living in the Detroit Metro area for the last 3 years. Submitted my Part I and II hours before the deadline. Interviewed on-campus with the ad-com on 01/27/12. Spent that entire day at Kellogg which included lunch with current and prospective students, class visit and campus tour.

My interview experience was pretty decent. Standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. It lasted about 35 min (shorter than I expected it to be) and the feedback at the end of the interview was encouraging. *fingers-crossed*

The overall experience was great! Not that everyone here doesn’t know this, but Kellogg is an awesome place to be at. The community, the culture of the school, the professors, the passion and enthusiasm of the students, the city.. everything is super! Hopefully I can be a part of it all starting this fall. And meet many of you there! :)

Waiting eagerly to hear the good news….

Anyone else here who has applied to the MMM program?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.1
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Abhinav7184 wrote:
Hey guys, I have followed the thread pretty closely but never posted. Oh well, there's always a first time..

I am a R2 applicant (applying to the MMM program) from India but living in the Detroit Metro area for the last 3 years. Submitted my Part I and II hours before the deadline. Interviewed on-campus with the ad-com on 01/27/12. Spent that entire day at Kellogg which included lunch with current and prospective students, class visit and campus tour.

My interview experience was pretty decent. Standard questions, nothing out of the ordinary. It lasted about 35 min (shorter than I expected it to be) and the feedback at the end of the interview was encouraging. *fingers-crossed*

The overall experience was great! Not that everyone here doesn’t know this, but Kellogg is an awesome place to be at. The community, the culture of the school, the professors, the passion and enthusiasm of the students, the city.. everything is super! Hopefully I can be a part of it all starting this fall. And meet many of you there! :)

Waiting eagerly to hear the good news….

Anyone else here who has applied to the MMM program?

Hey Abhinav ... Welcome to the community ... I was admitted to the MMM program in R1 ... hope you make it too :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
@pyarapopat: Thanks and congrats on your admittance! And yes, hope to be there soon! :)

What's your profile?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2220 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Anybody received an invite after waiver in R2 yet?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:ISB(Waitlisted) INSEAD(interview) Kellogg(Re-applicant i/w last time) Johnson(Re-applicant i/w last time) IESE(Re-applicant i/w last time)
 Q49  V38
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 4
Send PM
Chaolien wrote:
Elena1985 wrote:
Randomness wrote:
Any interview invites after getting it waived off for second round? I am based out of Mumbai. Last year I had my interview waived off and then interviewed again later. This time the wait it just getting longer. Please update if some one has heard from them.

Oh, just noticed your post. My interview was waived 2 weeks ago, and just half an hour ago I got an invite. Hope it helps...

FYI - I received the interview waiver this Tuesday and just got the phone interview invitation this morning.

Thanks guys this is encouraging..!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
Does anyone know if Kellogg sends all final decisions on one date or are they sent on a rolling basis? I have been seeing a lot of dings recently in the tracker which made me curious.

- V
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
vsetia wrote:
Does anyone know if Kellogg sends all final decisions on one date or are they sent on a rolling basis? I have been seeing a lot of dings recently in the tracker which made me curious.

- V

Are these dings for R1? Maybe people didn't update their status til now. I don't see how anyone from R2 could have received a ding already. If an R2 person is reporting a ding it's because they are egregiously pessimistic, not because Kellogg has sent them a decision.

If you look at you application status page it clearly says that decisions are released within a couple (as in 2, at most) of the decision date. R2 decision day is over a month away. Kellogg does release a little early, but definitely not this early.

ETA: Also no one on this thread knows the exact day that notifications will start. In R1 we all speculated that the decisions would be released around the same time they were last year and that wasn't the case. Do NOT assume that the adcom will follow the exact same pattern of last round or last year. The bombs drop when they drop.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
Send PM
Kudos
gmatpapa wrote:

I had my interview waived on Jan. 24th and received a phone interview request today.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
joerandom wrote:
gmatpapa wrote:

I had my interview waived on Jan. 24th and received a phone interview request today.

Awesome, it seems like most folks in the US that first received a waiver, end up getting a phone interview
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
healthcareguy wrote:
joerandom wrote:
gmatpapa wrote:

Awesome, it seems like most folks in the US that first received a waiver, end up getting a phone interview

I'm an American applicant, but actually living/working abroad at the moment. Not sure that that means anything one way or another though.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2013
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
@joerandom: this is pretty normal for people outside US to receive waiver first and then an interview invite. Was is in the same boat earlier.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shobhit Singhal
MBA advisor
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Darden '14
Send PM
Please advise ...

I have got an interview with alumnus ... I had been asked for interview for last Friday which I could not attend due to some personal reasons .. but had told that after Saturday I would be available whenever convenient for her .. but havent heard back and its been more than a week .. I had also sent a mail yesterday, 24th Feb but no reply as yet .. I have to complete interview by March 1st .. what should I do .. should I call her up (I have the number but haven't called) after the weekend if I don't get a reply or should I mail the adcom that I have been unable to schedule the interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
sumitmanu wrote:
Please advise ...

I have got an interview with alumnus ... I had been asked for interview for last Friday which I could not attend due to some personal reasons .. but had told that after Saturday I would be available whenever convenient for her .. but havent heard back and its been more than a week .. I had also sent a mail yesterday, 24th Feb but no reply as yet .. I have to complete interview by March 1st .. what should I do .. should I call her up (I have the number but haven't called) after the weekend if I don't get a reply or should I mail the adcom that I have been unable to schedule the interview?

Hi Sumit,

Definitely call. She could be travelling with poor internet connection or hasn't been able to respond for other reason. Be polite. If she is unreachable on Monday then shoot a mail to the adcom or better still call them for a faster response.

Best of luck with the interview !

Shekmba
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I am an international applicant and was contemplating applying to Kellogg. I know most applicants are at or have completed Part 2..does it still make sense for an international applicant to apply now..or is it as one would say 'a dead fish in the water' scenario now.

Cheers,

Dylan.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2013
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
sumitmanu wrote:
Please advise ...

Definitely call, alums are very understanding and willing to accommodate

Shobhit Singhal
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
I applied to Kellogg since after researching the school and speaking with as many people as I could, I really liked what I heard. Now I'm miffed with myself for having been careless about probably the most important part of the research as an international student - that of financing.

Is it true that K does not have a non US co-signor loan program for internationals? If so, then how are other internationals planning to fund the cost of attendance for 2 years? Are there any other loans out there if one can't get a US-based co-signor? In the context of funds required for b-school, my savings are zero.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
onechance wrote:
I applied to Kellogg since after researching the school and speaking with as many people as I could, I really liked what I heard. Now I'm miffed with myself for having been careless about probably the most important part of the research as an international student - that of financing.

Is it true that K does not have a non US co-signor loan program for internationals? If so, then how are other internationals planning to fund the cost of attendance for 2 years? Are there any other loans out there if one can't get a US-based co-signor? In the context of funds required for b-school, my savings are zero.

Whatttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!

This is crazy...I applied to Ross and Kellogg! And Ross too doesnt have a non US co-signr loan from this year!

OMG! I want to kill myself!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  72   73   74   75   76   77   78  ...  97   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts