Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:30 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V39
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Tepper (CMU) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Thanks buddy,

Is it fair to expect more interview calls this week for Indians? I am just an optimistic R2 applicant trying to keep myself happy :roll:
And good luck for your result:D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Gonnaflynow wrote:
cbsrinivas wrote:
aditya988 wrote:
Guys, just wanted to let you know that I got an "Application Incomplete" email, which was a scare. I am a Round 2 applicant and have already completed my interview on Jan 17, but got this email today. It was a misunderstanding about my transcripts (they weren't clear about something) and as soon as I cleared it up with the adcom through a phone conversation, I got the "Complete and Under Review" email.

The important thing I want to convey here is that the last date for submitting any materials for Round 2 is February 7(Friday), failing which your application will be moved to Round 3 automatically. So I encourage those of you who didn't get the "Complete and Under Review" email to login to your MBA Application portal and do the following:

1. Click on the View Application button
2. Locate the Application Status link on left navigational menu
3. See the status of your Application. If it isn't marked as complete, call the admissions committee and as why. Tell them about the imminent deadline, they'll understand.

Hope everyone has their application complete and don't get any last minute scares!

Hey Aditya,

I just got the 'Complete and Under Review' mail last night, at 2.36 am of 5th Feb to be precise. And then I received another mail from Kelly Wilson inviting me for a Tepper event in Mumbai and Bangalore. Has everyone in India received these invites? I am just wondering because I might not make it to those events but I dont want to hurt my chances either, especially since I bombed my interview with Kelly Wilson in Mumbai in Jan. Any idea if attending this event is a necessity?

Thanks,
Srinivas

Hi srinivas,

When are the events? I guess Indian applicants can expect a few more invites in the coming days.
As for the Tepper event. I had got an invite for Mumbai event in Jan but could not attend. Its not a big deal. So dont sweat over it.

Regards

Hi Gonnaflynow,

Events are on 14th in Mumbai and 21st in Bangalore as Amit mentioned. And about if there are more interviews scheduled, I guess there are. Very few invites have gone out so far from what I can see in this forum.

@Amit,
I was curious because I want to know if the invite is for all applicants or just those who have been interviewed. If it is, it is another chance to make an impression I guess. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cbsrinivas wrote:
Hi Gonnaflynow,

Events are on 14th in Mumbai and 21st in Bangalore as Amit mentioned. And about if there are more interviews scheduled, I guess there are. Very few invites have gone out so far from what I can see in this forum.

@Amit,
I was curious because I want to know if the invite is for all applicants or just those who have been interviewed. If it is, it is another chance to make an impression I guess. :)

Good observation....can others on the forum confirm....Is the invitation sent to only those who are interviewed or everyone with complete application?
Current Student
Send PM
ramitagrawal wrote:
cbsrinivas wrote:
Hi Gonnaflynow,

@Amit,

Good observation....can others on the forum confirm....Is the invitation sent to only those who are interviewed or everyone with complete application?

I guess only to people who have been interviewed. I did not get one...but my app is complete.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Gonnaflynow wrote:
Thanks buddy,

Is it fair to expect more interview calls this week for Indians? I am just an optimistic R2 applicant trying to keep myself happy :roll:

Thanks!! and there should be more calls going by R1 trends....
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SMU Cox
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
ramitagrawal wrote:
Gonnaflynow wrote:
Thanks buddy,

Thanks!! and there should be more calls going by R1 trends....

Thanks for the info...fingers crossed.

As per the website--

"This invitation only event will feature a special dinner and presentation by Tepper School professor, Dr. Sunder Kekre, on Friday, February 14, 2014. This event will be held in Mumbai, India beginning at 7 pm."

Dr. Sunder Kekre is the Bosch Professor of Manufacturing and Operations and Director of the PNC Center for Financial Services Innovation at the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University. He will be speaking on the topic, “Driving Innovation @ Tepper."
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Since it's an invitation only event, I think I'll go. If nothing, the dinner should be good :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Even I will try to attend at Bangalore....where are you guys planning to attend: Mumbai/Bangalore
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
ramitagrawal wrote:
Even I will try to attend at Bangalore....where are you guys planning to attend: Mumbai/Bangalore

If I can make it, I will attend the one in Bangalore. I am based out of Hyd currently.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
Interviewed yesterday. It was maybe the most pleasant interview I've ever been through in my life. Very informal and relaxed.

Questions were nothing out of the ordinary. Walk through resume and how I am where I am today, Why Tepper, Why and MBA now, Name a time I was low on confidence and what I did to get past it, What do I do in spare time, etc. It was just a great, smooth conversation, and the fact that I knew so much about the school REALLY helped.

Enjoy your interviews guys and best of luck! If anyone wants to ask me more questions about it, feel free :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Done with my interview..A long wait now
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Hey guys....I'm looking for some feedback on my profile. I interviewed today with the Tepper School for R2. It was a pleasant interview.....very informal.

The questions were not out of the ordinary: ST/LT Goals? Why Tepper? How would co-workers describe your strengths? Describe your international experience? One that threw me off a bit was: Describe a time you sensed a change coming in your industry and how did you respond to it? What do you enjoy outside of work?

I felt I prepared fairly well, however I was expecting to get why MBA? and/or walk me through your resume. I felt I left a lot of good anecdotes on the table and in hindsight I could have worked all of that into the ST/LT goals response. I didn't feel I outright bombed it since I was able to address each question, but definitely could have done much better.

My question is how do you guys feel a lukewarm interview will impact my app? I feel I have competitive stats and WE, but I'm a bit concerned about not conveying my story in the interview.

I'm also applying to FlexMBA, please consider that in your response. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V27
GMAT 2: 600 Q50 V21
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 2.68
WE:Engineering (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Hi guys... I am a R2 applicant, I haven't heard anything back since I submitted my application and it looks like fair amount of people have gotten interview invite or have been interviewed.... any suggestions...? :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
jeffwey wrote:
Hi guys... I am a R2 applicant, I haven't heard anything back since I submitted my application and it looks like fair amount of people have gotten interview invite or have been interviewed.... any suggestions...? :(

They send out invites up to the deadline; realistically I'd give it another few weeks- don't lose hope...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 154
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GRE 1: Q162 V160
GPA: 3.96
WE:Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
EngineeringMBA wrote:
jeffwey wrote:

They send out invites up to the deadline; realistically I'd give it another few weeks- don't lose hope...

I am also optimistic...! just hang in there
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am thinking about applying to Tepper for Round 3. Would this be a huge disadvantage? Does anyone have any idea what percentage of students applying R3 get accepted?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT Date: 08-12-2013
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
does anyone know if i'm at a disadvantage of any sort if i do a phone interview instead of skype? i'll be at work during my interview and 1. might not have a place to use my laptop and 2. my laptop is acting bit weird today and webcam isn't working ... so i'm a bit worried.

thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  37   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts