Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 23:18 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 23:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 295 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: McCombs (UT Austin) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
pcsouthern wrote:
texasgirl33 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea as to when we can expect to hear back for Round 2 applicants? I know the decision notification date is April 9th, but is there a chance we'll hear back sooner? I interviewed February 9th, and I'm curious if I'll have to wait 2 months to hear anything. Any information is appreciated! Thanks!

After looking through the old R1 posts in this thread, I would be surprised if we hear anything before April. I would guess that our best case scenario would be that they release some early admit decisions around 4/4. It seems like they only notify admits early; dings and WLs usually come at the deadline.

I did notice that my status on the utdirect login page updated after interviewing to
Quote:
"Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review. Each individual graduate program sets its own schedule for reviewing application files. You should consult the graduate coordinator in the program to which you have applied to determine when decisions will be made.

As soon as a decision is made on your application, it will be posted on this page, and you will be notified by email."

but I'm not holding my breath.

I have that same notification in my UTdirect but I have yet to be notified whether I have been invited to interview, so who knows.....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
any international applicants who haven't heard anything yet?
I'm r2 applicant and haven't got any news yet... not even interview invitation or denial..
I'm getting nervous day by day :( Is there anyone like me?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q790 V630
Send PM
jenjenhoy3 wrote:
I'm r2 applicant and haven't got any news yet... not even interview invitation or denial..

Same as me..(R2 applicant and international) I didn't get any news from McCombs..

One of my friends got invitation 3 weeks ago. (We applied same day.. :evil: )

Now, I'm thinking.. ding.. I checked on-line status, it is still "in review"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sirhc119 wrote:
jenjenhoy3 wrote:

Same as me..(R2 applicant and international) I didn't get any news from McCombs..

So basically we are not mccombs' first choice applicant per se... :cry:
maybe i should start preparing for other schools.. :( :cry:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Operations, Technology
Schools: ISB '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
jenjenhoy3 wrote:
sirhc119 wrote:
jenjenhoy3 wrote:

So basically we are not mccombs' first choice applicant per se... :cry:
maybe i should start preparing for other schools.. :( :cry:

Don't lose hope guys. My friend had applied in R1 and he received the interview call just 3 weeks before decision deadline, and he got admitted as well. :thumbup:
Long story short, AdComs go through all the apps and R2 had more than 1000 people applying; I think the AdComs will be very busy right till April 9th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GRE 1: Q530 V800
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
My TOEFL waiver request has been approved, finally! For information sake, my file went under review about 4 days back!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi guys,

Sorry, just wanted to check anyone from India who got calls from Texas or already done with their interview?

Regards,
AM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
agentM wrote:
Hi guys,

Sorry, just wanted to check anyone from India who got calls from Texas or already done with their interview?

Regards,
AM

I think one or two people from this forum got the invites. Others have their fingers crossed ;)

Thanks,
Prodizy
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 640 Q41 V36
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys,
I’am an international applicant, applied for R2, got my invite two weeks ago, and went to campus for my interview one week ago.
My interview was pretty laid out, a second year student; we talked for about an hour, awesome guy, wanted to know about me, future plans and why the Texas MBA program.
It helped me a lot that I had already visited campus, met with staff, attended some classes, most of all because I knew many of the reasons why I want to attend McCombs, first hand, and not trough their web page or informative sessions.
For what I have read in previous threads, R1 applicants who where interview in early November got their acceptance call/mail by the second or third week of December.
Good luck everyone!
I hope that I get to meet some future peers through this forum.
Best,
Rod
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
RVC360 wrote:
Hi guys,
I’am an international applicant, applied for R2, got my invite two weeks ago, and went to campus for my interview one week ago.
My interview was pretty laid out, a second year student; we talked for about an hour, awesome guy, wanted to know about me, future plans and why the Texas MBA program.
It helped me a lot that I had already visited campus, met with staff, attended some classes, most of all because I knew many of the reasons why I want to attend McCombs, first hand, and not trough their web page or informative sessions.
For what I have read in previous threads, R1 applicants who where interview in early November got their acceptance call/mail by the second or third week of December.
Good luck everyone!
I hope that I get to meet some future peers through this forum.
Best,
Rod

Thanks Rod for sharing your experience with us! All the best to you!!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SMU Cox
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Updated the first post. Check it out..

Included one new interview experience.

Thanks Narenn (Abhijit) for updating the Tweets for McCombs.

Looking forward for interview invite

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
FROM Mccombs(Texas Austin) Admissions Blog: Creating Entrepreneurs One Pitch at a Time
Texas Venture Labs Scholarship competition alongside the Texas MBA program. The goal of our scholarship program is to help inspire and create MBA students who have a passion for pursuing entrepreneurship throughout their two years at McCombs. This year we were lucky enough to have 16 semi-finalists join us from not only all over the country (Portland, New York, Austin, Newport Beach, Chicago, and more) but also from across the globe (India, Turkey, Switzerland, and Kuwait)!

Alongside my Texas Venture Labs colleagues, current students, recent alumni, and Texas MBA staff members I watched as these 16 individuals competed for six spots in the finals. While I only saw a few of the pitches live, I was fortunate enough to hold four hours of office hours on Friday to make sure they were set and ready to go. Deliberations were tough and each set of judges was pulling for their room presenters…but ultimately it had to be narrowed down.

In front of a room full of people, our six finalists shared with us their passion, dedication and drive to continue learning (watch TVL Scholarship finalists pitch their startups). They came as scholarship applicants and left as entrepreneurs! I look forward to bringing them into our community and helping them grow as both business students and business owners.

THE WINNERS

Justin Key, Plot.Guru

- $50K Scholarship

Jon Sherr, Insight

- $50K Scholarship

Daniel Monaco, Pronto

- $2K Scholarship

Elizabeth Eddy, Salton City

- $2K Scholarship

Hiral Sanghavi, Technophilia

- $2K Scholarship

Photos courtesy of Philip Rogers
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Can someone tell me the email id through which I can contact admissions committee to clarify on TOEFL waiver? It's been more than a month and my application still says incomplete.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GRE 1: Q160 V162
GPA: 3.94
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
prodizy wrote:
kt1989 wrote:
Hey guys! Does anyone know if the interview review happens right after it and the admits are rolled out, or they wait for all interviews to be done and then review all of them together & give out decisions? Thanks :)

My guess would be that they meet once every week or two and decide the applications that are complete.

Thanks,
Prodizy

Thanks so much! :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GRE 1: Q160 V162
GPA: 3.94
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
agentM wrote:
Hi guys,

Regards,
AM

Hi! Yeah, I gave my interview on the 17th (Skype with 2nd year student)

Regards,
KT
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Kudos
pcsouthern wrote:
texasgirl33 wrote:
Does anyone have any idea as to when we can expect to hear back for Round 2 applicants? I know the decision notification date is April 9th, but is there a chance we'll hear back sooner? I interviewed February 9th, and I'm curious if I'll have to wait 2 months to hear anything. Any information is appreciated! Thanks!

After looking through the old R1 posts in this thread, I would be surprised if we hear anything before April. I would guess that our best case scenario would be that they release some early admit decisions around 4/4. It seems like they only notify admits early; dings and WLs usually come at the deadline.

I did notice that my status on the utdirect login page updated after interviewing to
Quote:
"Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review. Each individual graduate program sets its own schedule for reviewing application files. You should consult the graduate coordinator in the program to which you have applied to determine when decisions will be made.

As soon as a decision is made on your application, it will be posted on this page, and you will be notified by email."

but I'm not holding my breath.

Just to clarify a point - I doubt they have a pattern in which they respond to applicants. I'm a Round 1 admit and I got my email at 4:56 pm on the deadline date, while admitted students had been posting from a week earlier about getting calls etc. on this forum, followed by dinged and waitlisted, and then again admitted, dinged waitlisted (.... there was no real order). That being said, there's hope to students who haven't heard till the last moment...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hey folks, someone told me that his friend interviewed with an alum and then was cold up to Austin to interview with a member of the adcom. I interviewed with an alum yesterday, is it possible that I'll still have another interview? Thanks for the help.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  29   30   31   32   33   34   35  ...  52   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts