Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 13:51 It is currently 03 May 2024, 13:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
WE:Project Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: IESE '16 (A)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.25
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]
I got the invite today. I will do the interview on November 21st in NYC and attend the Assessment day on the 22nd.

Let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up in NYC

ctre, although I got the interview invite, my TAP account still says that my application is under review.
Application Status:Admissions Pre-Committee is reviewing your application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 4
Send PM
Has anyone from Europe received an invite yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
I can give information about the Assessment Day or the interviews if you want.

I applied during R4 for the September intake 2014 but I had been accepted for the September intake in 2015 instead.

Feel free to ask questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Hi All,
I have a few questions that maybe you can help me with:
1. What's with the Twitter essay? Do I actually have to publicly tweet it? Or just pretend? I don't plan to tell my current employer so though my Twitter is private I would rather not tweet it (public nor privately).
2. Anyone worried about the price tag? The school does offer scholarships and 80% tuition financing but still, 2 years out of the workforce and a high price tag put me a bit off. Anyone self-funded or like me would squeeze as much as possible from scholarships/debt?
Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PlastMan wrote:
Hi All,
I have a few questions that maybe you can help me with:
1. What's with the Twitter essay? Do I actually have to publicly tweet it? Or just pretend? I don't plan to tell my current employer so though my Twitter is private I would rather not tweet it (public nor privately).
2. Anyone worried about the price tag? The school does offer scholarships and 80% tuition financing but still, 2 years out of the workforce and a high price tag put me a bit off. Anyone self-funded or like me would squeeze as much as possible from scholarships/debt?
Cheers

1) I think it says "in the form of a tweet", so it will be the latter.
Basically IESE wants you to be able to explain your post-MBA goal(s) as concisely as possible. I didn't use hashtags or any "wbspe@k" - just 2-3 condensed sentences.

2) I am going to be self-funded too. Bringing the wife and child (will be born in Jan 2015).
It is indeed very expensive. Luckily, I have been saving money for a good while now, so there is no much a problem on my side. May consider getting a local loan if the Japanese Yen performs as dreadfully as it has been doing since last week though....

FYI, I will have my Web Interview on Wednesday! Wish me luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
I am going to be self-funded as well. The price tag isn't really a concern as it is more or less the same tuiton fee as the other business schools. The problem is more the combination of the fee with the duration of the program (19 months).

On the website of IESE, there is also another loan program "Quotanta" that can provide 100% of the tuiton fee and also the living expenses as well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Moltonel wrote:
I am going to be self-funded as well. The price tag isn't really a concern as it is more or less the same tuiton fee as the other business schools. The problem is more the combination of the fee with the duration of the program (19 months).

On the website of IESE, there is also another loan program "Quotanta" that can provide 100% of the tuiton fee and also the living expenses as well.

Expenses as well? That's the first time I hear it among MBA programs. Cool, thanks for the tips! Goodluck with your application. I might apply in round 2. I had the same feeling as many here towards the adcoms. An INSEAD alumni sometime ago recommended for Europe, LBS, INSEAD and IESE and to basically forget about the rest. He also said to consider the US programs too.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Send PM
Hi everyone...it seems IESE doesn't send out all the invites in one go. I submitted my app on 7 Oct, and got an invite today, for both the interview and the Assessment Day.

This seems to be a change from the past, where Assessment Day invite came only after the interview. Interesting...

Moltonel, would love to hear a little more about the Interview. What was the atmosphere like? What kind of questions were asked? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi All,
Is anyone planning to go to this IESE finance London event? Or has anyone gone to one in the past? If the latter can you share your experience? Thanks! https://forms.iese.edu/AppNet/MBA/Regisi ... 1386148476

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Just got the invite for interview and AD. Who will be travelling to Barcelona for the AD?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got an invite for the interview and assessment day. I will be in Barcelona on the 14th and 15th November. If anyone's travelling, feel free to contact me.

Moltonel: Any advice you have on the interview process would be great. What kind of questions were asked? How long was the interview? How formal/informal was it? Any trick questions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got an invite for the interview and assessment day. I will be in Barcelona on the 14th and 15th November. If anyone's travelling, feel free to contact me.

Moltonel: Any advice you have on the interview process would be great. What kind of questions were asked? How long was the interview? How formal/informal was it? Any trick questions?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just had my online interview with admissions.
Seemed to have gone well, roll on Admissions Day in Singapore!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [4]
Send PM
Kudos