GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Aug 2018, 06:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 04:15
DiDo87 wrote:
ctre wrote:
DiDo87 wrote:
Good morning everyone! My name is Mario (Italian) and I wish to get admitted for the IESE MBA 15 Class!!

I am new to the gmatclub forum. I have read the previous posts and I found them very useful in getting a clearer idea about the way the IESE admission process actually goes through!

BTW... I expect (hopefully) to complete my application form (including taking the GMAT test, scheduled on the 17th of April) only by R4.

My main concern, as you can easily understand, is the timing of the application (I have no chances other than R4) so I would like to ask you if applying for the R4 drops the probability to get admitted down if compared to applications submitted during R1 2 and 3.

Moreover, since I need to do it in a rush...do you think that three months might be enough for completing the application?

Many thanks in advance!!! :)

In general the final round will be the most competetive, in that respect, yes, an application submitted in the final round will considerably influence the probability of being admitted. Most of the spaces will have been filled. The schools will look at your profile and consider you based on the already existing profile of the class. Depending on your background and the general strength of your profile you will be evaluated. I do not have any numbers (i.e. how many seats will still be vacant for the last round), but in general I think the safest bet is to apply earlier. That said, of course you can apply in the final round, but considering that IESE also has a strong fit component, my advise is to dilligently research the program and put a lot of effort into the essays. Make sure to absolutely convey, why YOU fit with the school and what YOU will add to the class.

Best of luck with your GMAT and your application!

Thank you for the advice!

I am quite sure that applying earlier would have been much better, even though i do not have any idea about the number of applications the usually receive during R4 (I hope a great number of applications will be submitted during the previous rounds, thus smoothing the competition for R4)

This being said, I would take the chance to ask some other questions regarding the application (I will try to be very synthetic):

GMAT: my target score is 700 (starting from diagnostic test and some time spent on studying it a few months ago); however, given the complexity of the test, do you think that such a score might strenghten my application (probably I need to do so) or GMAT is not that relevant if compared to other topics (professional experience, age, etc..)
TOEFL: I have double nationality (Italian and Australian; I reckon that probably, being Australian, I could be given a "waver", thus avoiding useless waste of time in getting the certification
Recommendations: as you know, do they give more relevance to academic or professional profiles?

Maybe I am getting annoying I know, but I am just trying to get as much information as possible before diving in the application process! :)

Thank you very much again!!!

Some problems with text formatting... :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 08:12
Anyone from Asia or US heard back after the interview? I am still waiting for my AD call :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry:
Manager
Manager
Concentration: International Business
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 09:13
Hellonfire wrote:
Anyone from Asia or US heard back after the interview? I am still waiting for my AD call :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :cry: :cry:

You did not receive an AD invitation along with the interview invite?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 09:15
No I dint :(

did you ?

I am seriously panicking.. is it a ding for me ? Atleast they should tell that. Please help !
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 10:22
Hellonfire wrote:
No I dint :(

did you ?

I am seriously panicking.. is it a ding for me ? Atleast they should tell that. Please help !

Here has been my admissions timeline so far: I submitted my application the 13th, got a request to interview over Skype on Jan 26th, interviewed (Skype) on Feb 3rd and received an email on Feb 5th inviting me to NYC for Assessment Day, taking place on Feb 21st..

I'm not sure what the protocol or etiquette is of emailing the admissions team inquiring about their decision.. but they may have you on a waiting list depending on the outcome of other interviews. I completely sympathize with your anxiousness.. and I don't think you writing them a polite email regarding your status would be unreasonable at this point. Plus, everyone I've spoken to at IESE has always been really helpful and considerate, so don't be afraid of reaching out to them.

Best of luck.
Manager
Manager
Stretching beyond your limits  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2015, 04:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: Stretching beyond your limits
I am not a runner. I have never run. Then, one day, tired of paying gym fees and never actually going, I decided to join my local running club. As I waited at the track for the rest of the group to...

Click on the headline to read more
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2015, 06:33
Completed the in-person interview last week and got the invitation to assessment day today...
I guess i would make the Singapore one (it'd be a bit hard to go to Barcelona from Asia in a weekend time)
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2015, 03:06
Dido,

I was in the same situation as you are right now, except that my GMAT score was not so good (650).
I also applied in the R4 last year. Eventually I was accepted but not for the Class of 2016 but the admission offered me a place for the Class of 2017 due to the high amount of accepted applicants during the last round.

So I have to wait until this September before joining IESE instead of last year.

Good luck with your application.
Manager
Manager
A Stroll Down Las Ramblas  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2015, 04:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: A Stroll Down Las Ramblas
Las Ramblas is one of Barcelona’s top tourist destinations. Even though its a bit touristy, as an IESE student it should still be high on your list of the places to explore in the city. Chances are...

ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Manager
Manager
Concentration: International Business
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2015, 15:35
Can anyone share insights from the Assessment Day? What is the format? What kinds of things can we expect beyond the group case? Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2015, 12:05
Finished my personal interview yesterday. Attending the AD in NY on Feb 21. Anyone else attending the same event?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2015, 12:37
manijin wrote:
Finished my personal interview yesterday. Attending the AD in NY on Feb 21. Anyone else attending the same event?

Hey, congrats on getting the AD invite! I'll be there and so will MBA17, I think. Not sure about anyone else. PM me and I'll send you my number.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V37
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V35
WE: Asset Management (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 18 Feb 2015, 19:24
I'll be at the AD this Saturday. Looking forward to meeting everyone then.
Manager
Manager
The International Nairobi Module: an unforgettable experience  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Feb 2015, 08:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: The International Nairobi Module: an unforgettable experience
The International Nairobi Module kicked off on January 11 with a dinner at the Heron Portico Hotel in Nairobi. Prof. Fred Ogola introduced Prof. David Sperling, research professor and senior research...

Intern
Intern
Schools: Rotman '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 620 Q45 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2015, 17:22
People who attended the Assessment Day in NY would mind to give us the idea of how this event works?

Thanks!!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2015, 12:17
nishira1 wrote:
People who attended the Assessment Day in NY would mind to give us the idea of how this event works?

Thanks!!!

It was a good fun day. The event is broadly comprised of following components:
1. Open-Day (Optional)
2. Lunch (Optional)
3. Introduction and details about the event - ~1 hour
3.a. Adcom members will give a presentation about the event
3.b. You will be informed about your team. There would be around 8 teams in total (~7-8 members in each team)
3.c. Icebreaker activity to get to know your team members and also rest of the teams
4. Allocation of case studies to each team
5. Group research on the allocated case study - 1 hour
5.a. 1 hour flies by pretty quickly
5.b. Don't fall into an abyss of "The best solution"; rather concentrate on addressing all the components and allocating all the team members a part of presentation.
5.c. Case studies varied from different scenarios of what job a particular person should take, ad campaign to bring a local event to global level, present a product to a team of investors for seed money etc.
6. Tea break - 20 min
7. Group presentations - 20 min for each group including 8-10 min of Q&A.
7.a. You can use charts, skit, role play or any other medium for a presentation
7.b. There is no correct answer. Some case studies may be difficult than others. Mainly what matters is your team coordination and confidence.
7.c. Each team member has to present something.
8. Wrap up

All the best everyone....
Manager
Manager
Why Recruit IESE MBA Graduates from Emerging Markets?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2015, 09:00
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: Why Recruit IESE MBA Graduates from Emerging Markets?
Corporations need people with a deep knowledge of those markets, but also with an international profile and a solid general management education. Western companies are struggling to find talent from...

Current Student
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2015, 06:38
manijin wrote:
nishira1 wrote:

Thanks!!!

It was a good fun day. The event is broadly comprised of following components:
1. Open-Day (Optional)
2. Lunch (Optional)
3. Introduction and details about the event - ~1 hour
3.a. Adcom members will give a presentation about the event
3.b. You will be informed about your team. There would be around 8 teams in total (~7-8 members in each team)
3.c. Icebreaker activity to get to know your team members and also rest of the teams
4. Allocation of case studies to each team
5. Group research on the allocated case study - 1 hour
5.a. 1 hour flies by pretty quickly
5.b. Don't fall into an abyss of "The best solution"; rather concentrate on addressing all the components and allocating all the team members a part of presentation.
5.c. Case studies varied from different scenarios of what job a particular person should take, ad campaign to bring a local event to global level, present a product to a team of investors for seed money etc.
6. Tea break - 20 min
7. Group presentations - 20 min for each group including 8-10 min of Q&A.
7.a. You can use charts, skit, role play or any other medium for a presentation
7.b. There is no correct answer. Some case studies may be difficult than others. Mainly what matters is your team coordination and confidence.
7.c. Each team member has to present something.
8. Wrap up

All the best everyone....

Interesting, they used different cases in R1
Intern
Intern
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Feb 2015, 06:31
Anyone from Asia got invite for Singapore AD? Does no invite fro AD means a ding?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Sustainability

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2015, 01:53
hello i have received an email couple days earlier on confirming the assessment day in Singapore..
that supposed to be held on 14th March. Any other is also attending?
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) &nbs [#permalink] 01 Mar 2015, 01:53

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  16    Next  [ 312 posts ] 

Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap