It is currently 17 Jan 2018, 19:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 18

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2015, 21:35
Still haven't heard from them..
So is it safe to assume that I have been dinged..?

Posted from my mobile device

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 18

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Green Space in Barcelona: Parc de la Ciutadella [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2015, 16:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: Green Space in Barcelona: Parc de la Ciutadella
In Barcelona, cobblestones and narrow winding streets are always within arm’s reach. Green space, on the other hand, is a little more difficult to find. Parc de la Ciutadella is a large and centrally...

Click on the headline to read more
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Current Student
B

Kudos [?]: 372 [0], given: 420

GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 04:20
Hi All,

I am an Indian male and I applied to IESE on Jan 13th.

Just got dinged by IESE. Got an email at 16:43 IST on Feb 3rd.

Good Luck Everyone!

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 06:14
joseph0alexander wrote:
Hi All,

Good Luck Everyone!

Hi , did you got dinged after the interview or before that :(

Best of luck for your other applications.

Still waiting :(

Current Student
B

GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 06:50
Before the interview.

Hellonfire wrote:
joseph0alexander wrote:
Hi All,

Good Luck Everyone!

Hi , did you got dinged after the interview or before that :(

Best of luck for your other applications.

Still waiting :(

Posted from my mobile device

Cheers!!

JA
If you like my post, let me know. Give me a kudos! :)

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 07:12
Got dinged too, indian male, same time.

not feeling good about this year

Current Student

Concentration: International Business
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 08:37
Dhananjai1990 wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Don't let it get you down. Remember there are many paths in life and this was but one option - certainly not the only one. Continue to do great things and the future will bring many surprises. All the best to you throughout this process and beyond!

Current Student

Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V36
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 03 Feb 2015, 19:07
mba17 wrote:
Dhananjai1990 wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Don't let it get you down. Remember there are many paths in life and this was but one option - certainly not the only one. Continue to do great things and the future will bring many surprises. All the best to you throughout this process and beyond!

Thanks for your kind words, just the initial disappointment to the reject letter. Best of luck to everyone else throughout the process

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2015, 07:10
Hi has anyone given the interview and heard the results back? How much time will it take to hear back after the interview? Its been 2 weeks for me in NY.

US male NY.
:roll:

Manager
Manager

“Each one of us has something that makes us unique”, Mariano Torrente  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2015, 07:01
FROM IESE MBA Director's Blog: “Each one of us has something that makes us unique”, Mariano Torrente (MBA’16)
This interview belongs to the blog series featuring interviews with current and future MBA students, offering readers a behind-the-scenes look at the IESE MBA Program. And now, introducing Mariano...

Click on the headline to read more
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 22

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2015, 08:58
Hellonfire wrote:
Hi has anyone given the interview and heard the results back? How much time will it take to hear back after the interview? Its been 2 weeks for me in NY.

US male NY.

Had the process interview earlier this week and got the invite this morning to Assessment Day NYC. They likely bundle them so you should hear soon.

Anyone else going to NY Feb 21st?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, Leadership
Schools: IESE '18 (A)

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2015, 10:00
Please, describe the interview and questions!

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Concentration: International Business
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2015, 10:40
ramiajjuri wrote:
Hellonfire wrote:

US male NY.

Had the process interview earlier this week and got the invite this morning to Assessment Day NYC. They likely bundle them so you should hear soon.

I will be there. Could you please give us a sense of what the interview was like?

Intern
Intern

Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2015, 11:17
mba17 wrote:
ramiajjuri wrote:
Hellonfire wrote:

US male NY.

I will be there. Could you please give us a sense of what the interview was like?

Yeah sure. I don't have much time today to go into detail but my process interview was with Patrik Wallen (works mostly with Consulting track students) and was focused around my work experience (bc I am getting a PhD in neurobio and do not have much formal business training). But Patrik was a great interviewer, and, like most comments I've read online, the interview was largely a "fit" interview.. about why I chose the path I took, why I think getting an MBA from IESE would help me in my career, what stands out to me about IESE or why it's right for me.. that sort of thing.

I just googled "IESE MBA interview questions" and a lot of links came up. GMAT Club won't let me post links yet, but if I have time this weekend, I'll do my best to post some of the recurring questions (sorry, big presentation tmrw).

Best of luck, everyone. Any other people going to NY, we should all grab a drink the night before and night of Assessment Day.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2015, 18:35
Hellonfire wrote:

US male NY.

Thanks for opening this question. Asking the same for the Asians :) Has anyone received an invite after interview to SG AD?

Thank you!

Asian Female

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2015, 19:08
1.tell me about your childhood & who influences you a lot?
2.why did you choose your major in university?
3.what kind of activity or club you join after work?
4.biggest challenge
5.leadership experience
6.use 4 words to describe yourself
7.teamwork experience
8.use 1 min to introduce yourself to the adcom
9.talk about your cross cultural experience
10.your biggest weakness that you can never win others
11.why MBA / why now / why IESE
12.how do you finance yourself
13.long term & short term goal
14. Name 3 companies you want to work after MBA
15. What if you are not admitted?
16.how do you define success?
17. What do you believe in your life?
18. Any questions?

I'm in Korea to do F2F and just finish it. Hope someone will fly to Singapore
as well and we can have a meet. My adcom is Dongmei Song. I haven't received the assessment day email.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

GRE 1: 326 Q162 V164

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2015, 19:10
Hellonfire wrote:

US male NY.

I had a coffee with the head of the Canadian/Asia admissions last week - he was saying Americans are super overrepresented this year. Hold your breath, you're in for the long haul.

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 01:53
Good morning everyone! My name is Mario (Italian) and I wish to get admitted for the IESE MBA 15 Class!!

I am new to the gmatclub forum. I have read the previous posts and I found them very useful in getting a clearer idea about the way the IESE admission process actually goes through!

BTW... I expect (hopefully) to complete my application form (including taking the GMAT test, scheduled on the 17th of April) only by R4.

My main concern, as you can easily understand, is the timing of the application (I have no chances other than R4) so I would like to ask you if applying for the R4 drops the probability to get admitted down if compared to applications submitted during R1 2 and 3.

Moreover, since I need to do it in a rush...do you think that three months might be enough for completing the application?

Many thanks in advance!!! :)

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 02:50
DiDo87 wrote:
Good morning everyone! My name is Mario (Italian) and I wish to get admitted for the IESE MBA 15 Class!!

I am new to the gmatclub forum. I have read the previous posts and I found them very useful in getting a clearer idea about the way the IESE admission process actually goes through!

BTW... I expect (hopefully) to complete my application form (including taking the GMAT test, scheduled on the 17th of April) only by R4.

My main concern, as you can easily understand, is the timing of the application (I have no chances other than R4) so I would like to ask you if applying for the R4 drops the probability to get admitted down if compared to applications submitted during R1 2 and 3.

Moreover, since I need to do it in a rush...do you think that three months might be enough for completing the application?

In general the final round will be the most competetive, in that respect, yes, an application submitted in the final round will considerably influence the probability of being admitted. Most of the spaces will have been filled. The schools will look at your profile and consider you based on the already existing profile of the class. Depending on your background and the general strength of your profile you will be evaluated. I do not have any numbers (i.e. how many seats will still be vacant for the last round), but in general I think the safest bet is to apply earlier. That said, of course you can apply in the final round, but considering that IESE also has a strong fit component, my advise is to dilligently research the program and put a lot of effort into the essays. Make sure to absolutely convey, why YOU fit with the school and what YOU will add to the class.

Best of luck with your GMAT and your application!

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 16

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Feb 2015, 03:14
ctre wrote:
DiDo87 wrote:

In general the final round will be the most competetive, in that respect, yes, an application submitted in the final round will considerably influence the probability of being admitted. Most of the spaces will have been filled. The schools will look at your profile and consider you based on the already existing profile of the class. Depending on your background and the general strength of your profile you will be evaluated. I do not have any numbers (i.e. how many seats will still be vacant for the last round), but in general I think the safest bet is to apply earlier. That said, of course you can apply in the final round, but considering that IESE also has a strong fit component, my advise is to dilligently research the program and put a lot of effort into the essays. Make sure to absolutely convey, why YOU fit with the school and what YOU will add to the class.

Best of luck with your GMAT and your application!

Thank you for the advice!

I am quite sure that applying earlier would have been much better, even though i do not have any idea about the number of applications the usually receive during R4 (I hope a great number of applications will be submitted during the previous rounds, thus smoothing the competition for R4)

This being said, I would take the chance to ask some other questions regarding the application (I will try to be very synthetic):

GMAT: my target score is 700 (starting from diagnostic test and some time spent on studying it a few months ago); however, given the complexity of the test, do you think that such a score might strenghten my application (probably I need to do so) or GMAT is not that relevant if compared to other topics (professional experience, age, etc..)
TOEFL: I have double nationality (Italian and Australian; I reckon that probably, being Australian, I could be given a "waver", thus avoiding useless waste of time in getting the certification
Recommendations: as you know, do they give more relevance to academic or professional profiles?

Maybe I am getting annoying I know, but I am just trying to get as much information as possible before diving in the application process! :)

Thank you very much again!!!

Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake)   [#permalink] 11 Feb 2015, 03:14

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  16    Next  [ 312 posts ] 

Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake)

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap