GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jul 2018, 07:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake)

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 66
Location: Germany
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2014, 03:16
I received my TAP login last week. I am wondering, does the status change, once you receive an interview invite?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2013
Posts: 23
Location: Japan
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
WE: Project Management (Transportation)
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2014, 06:41
Just got the personal interview and assessment day invite.

- Anybody gonna be at the Singapore Assessment Day on Nov 29??

- Sucks that I am not able to hit Barca for all of November though. Will have to do the video conference for the Interview I guess...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2014
Posts: 5
Schools: IESE '16 (A)
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2014, 09:03
invited to both today. best of luck to those waiting to hear back.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 May 2012
Posts: 60
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.25
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2014, 11:32
I got the invite today. I will do the interview on November 21st in NYC and attend the Assessment day on the 22nd.

Let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up in NYC

ctre, although I got the interview invite, my TAP account still says that my application is under review.
Application Status:Admissions Pre-Committee is reviewing your application.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2014
Posts: 19
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2014, 12:52
Has anyone from Europe received an invite yet?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2014, 01:14
I can give information about the Assessment Day or the interviews if you want.

I applied during R4 for the September intake 2014 but I had been accepted for the September intake in 2015 instead.

Feel free to ask questions.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2013
Posts: 144
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2014, 03:12
Hi All,
I have a few questions that maybe you can help me with:
1. What's with the Twitter essay? Do I actually have to publicly tweet it? Or just pretend? I don't plan to tell my current employer so though my Twitter is private I would rather not tweet it (public nor privately).
2. Anyone worried about the price tag? The school does offer scholarships and 80% tuition financing but still, 2 years out of the workforce and a high price tag put me a bit off. Anyone self-funded or like me would squeeze as much as possible from scholarships/debt?
Cheers
_________________

Fugazi, fugazi

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2013
Posts: 23
Location: Japan
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
WE: Project Management (Transportation)
Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2014, 19:11
PlastMan wrote:
Hi All,
I have a few questions that maybe you can help me with:
1. What's with the Twitter essay? Do I actually have to publicly tweet it? Or just pretend? I don't plan to tell my current employer so though my Twitter is private I would rather not tweet it (public nor privately).
2. Anyone worried about the price tag? The school does offer scholarships and 80% tuition financing but still, 2 years out of the workforce and a high price tag put me a bit off. Anyone self-funded or like me would squeeze as much as possible from scholarships/debt?
Cheers


1) I think it says "in the form of a tweet", so it will be the latter.
Basically IESE wants you to be able to explain your post-MBA goal(s) as concisely as possible. I didn't use hashtags or any "wbspe@k" - just 2-3 condensed sentences.

2) I am going to be self-funded too. Bringing the wife and child (will be born in Jan 2015).
It is indeed very expensive. Luckily, I have been saving money for a good while now, so there is no much a problem on my side. May consider getting a local loan if the Japanese Yen performs as dreadfully as it has been doing since last week though....

FYI, I will have my Web Interview on Wednesday! Wish me luck!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 00:26
I am going to be self-funded as well. The price tag isn't really a concern as it is more or less the same tuiton fee as the other business schools. The problem is more the combination of the fee with the duration of the program (19 months).

On the website of IESE, there is also another loan program "Quotanta" that can provide 100% of the tuiton fee and also the living expenses as well.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2013
Posts: 144
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 03:19
Moltonel wrote:
I am going to be self-funded as well. The price tag isn't really a concern as it is more or less the same tuiton fee as the other business schools. The problem is more the combination of the fee with the duration of the program (19 months).

On the website of IESE, there is also another loan program "Quotanta" that can provide 100% of the tuiton fee and also the living expenses as well.


Expenses as well? That's the first time I hear it among MBA programs. Cool, thanks for the tips! Goodluck with your application. I might apply in round 2. I had the same feeling as many here towards the adcoms. An INSEAD alumni sometime ago recommended for Europe, LBS, INSEAD and IESE and to basically forget about the rest. He also said to consider the US programs too.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________

Fugazi, fugazi

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 Oct 2014
Posts: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2014, 12:40
Hi everyone...it seems IESE doesn't send out all the invites in one go. I submitted my app on 7 Oct, and got an invite today, for both the interview and the Assessment Day.

This seems to be a change from the past, where Assessment Day invite came only after the interview. Interesting...

Moltonel, would love to hear a little more about the Interview. What was the atmosphere like? What kind of questions were asked? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2013
Posts: 144
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2014, 06:38
Hi All,
Is anyone planning to go to this IESE finance London event? Or has anyone gone to one in the past? If the latter can you share your experience? Thanks! http://forms.iese.edu/AppNet/MBA/Regisi ... 1386148476

Posted from my mobile device
_________________

Fugazi, fugazi

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 66
Location: Germany
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 01:59
Just got the invite for interview and AD. Who will be travelling to Barcelona for the AD?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2014
Posts: 19
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 04:02
Got an invite for the interview and assessment day. I will be in Barcelona on the 14th and 15th November. If anyone's travelling, feel free to contact me.

Moltonel: Any advice you have on the interview process would be great. What kind of questions were asked? How long was the interview? How formal/informal was it? Any trick questions?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Feb 2014
Posts: 19
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 4
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 04:02
Got an invite for the interview and assessment day. I will be in Barcelona on the 14th and 15th November. If anyone's travelling, feel free to contact me.

Moltonel: Any advice you have on the interview process would be great. What kind of questions were asked? How long was the interview? How formal/informal was it? Any trick questions?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2013
Posts: 23
Location: Japan
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V35
WE: Project Management (Transportation)
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 04:55
Just had my online interview with admissions.
Seemed to have gone well, roll on Admissions Day in Singapore!
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 6
Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 06:09
3
1
NeverGivingUp wrote:
Moltonel: Any advice you have on the interview process would be great. What kind of questions were asked? How long was the interview? How formal/informal was it? Any trick questions?



It is quite formal. I got the interview with Patrik Wallen in his office. The interview was supposed to last 60 minutes but I stayed for 90 minutes. He had my complete application file (resume, essays, etc...) with him.

First, we introduced each other and then we talked about my education, my profesionnal career, my current job and why I wanted to do an MBA at IESE (my motivation, my goals, why IESE,...). Try to prepare this part to the perfection because I think that this question will arise with every interviewer. You have to convince him that you are the right person for that.

Then he wanted to know how I react to different situation such as a conflict with my boss or a college/a problem in my current job/...This part is a little bit tricky as it is not very easy to be prepared. IESE has a strong human approach that you won't find in other schools so I suggest to consider the "human" factor in your answers.

Finally, at the end of the interview, make sure to have some questions to ask. It will be very weird if you have nothing to ask.

In conclusion, my advices are :
1) Be prepared to talk about yourself (education, career, etc...);
2) Be sure to know why you want to come to IESE and not to the another business schools;
3) Stay relax and be yourself :) it sounds a little cheesy but I think that is really important :-D

For the AD, it is quite formal as well.
First, you have to do a brief presentation of yourself in 2-3 minutes and explain an unique thing about you.
Then, you'll be working on a case study in a group of 6-8 people. At the end, you have to do a presentation of your work with your group. There is no "right" answer to the case study, whatever the path that your group might choose, be convincing!!!
My best advice for the AD is to stay focus all day even though it is long and exhausting. The Adcom members will observe the students all day so try to give a good impression. Be open and don't be shy.

Good luck everyone :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2014
Posts: 17
Schools: IESE '16 (I)
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2014, 18:48
Hi Guys! Count me in as a 2015 applicant :) Just had my interview with Fan Yang last night. I do hope it went well.

PS, Philippine applicant from the FMCG industry here :)
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 66
Location: Germany
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 01:44
Moltonel wrote:
NeverGivingUp wrote:
Moltonel: Any advice you have on the interview process would be great. What kind of questions were asked? How long was the interview? How formal/informal was it? Any trick questions?



It is quite formal. I got the interview with Patrik Wallen in his office. The interview was supposed to last 60 minutes but I stayed for 90 minutes. He had my complete application file (resume, essays, etc...) with him.

First, we introduced each other and then we talked about my education, my profesionnal career, my current job and why I wanted to do an MBA at IESE (my motivation, my goals, why IESE,...). Try to prepare this part to the perfection because I think that this question will arise with every interviewer. You have to convince him that you are the right person for that.

Then he wanted to know how I react to different situation such as a conflict with my boss or a college/a problem in my current job/...This part is a little bit tricky as it is not very easy to be prepared. IESE has a strong human approach that you won't find in other schools so I suggest to consider the "human" factor in your answers.

Finally, at the end of the interview, make sure to have some questions to ask. It will be very weird if you have nothing to ask.

In conclusion, my advices are :
1) Be prepared to talk about yourself (education, career, etc...);
2) Be sure to know why you want to come to IESE and not to the another business schools;
3) Stay relax and be yourself :) it sounds a little cheesy but I think that is really important :-D

For the AD, it is quite formal as well.
First, you have to do a brief presentation of yourself in 2-3 minutes and explain an unique thing about you.
Then, you'll be working on a case study in a group of 6-8 people. At the end, you have to do a presentation of your work with your group. There is no "right" answer to the case study, whatever the path that your group might choose, be convincing!!!
My best advice for the AD is to stay focus all day even though it is long and exhausting. The Adcom members will observe the students all day so try to give a good impression. Be open and don't be shy.

Good luck everyone :)


Thank you very much for sharing your experience! Those of you who have already interviewed this season, could you please share your experience also? It would be tremendously helpful for the community to get a better insight as to what kind of questions have been raised and what the athmosphere was like.

Thank you very much!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2014
Posts: 17
Schools: IESE '16 (I)
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2014, 18:52
1
2
Hi ctre,

I just had my interview last wednesday, and the questions were pretty much the same as what you would google (IESE personal interview questions)
Really revolves around this:

Describe your childhood until the beginning of university. What was your greatest achievement during this time?
Why did you choose your university?
Describe your undergraduate experience
Describe your employment history
Why an MBA? Why now?
Why IESE?
What other schools have you applied to?
What are your short-term and long-term career goals?
Name three firms you’d like to work for after the MBA.
Have you visited the campus? Have you spoken with any alumni?
Describe a situation where you used your network to achieve something.
Is there anything else you’d like the Adcom to know about you?
also, What value can you bring to the school?
and, since you'll be with teams throughout your first year stay, what role do you see yourself playing in the team?
My interview was through a videocall and it was a very very light and casual conversation. :)
Just be yourself during the interview. Im sure they can tell whether or not you really want to be admitted into the school or not :)

PS, just got invited to the AD in singapore on the 29th of Nov. Who'll be there? :)
Re: Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake)   [#permalink] 24 Oct 2014, 18:52

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16    Next  [ 312 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all IESE Applicants (2015 Intake)

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.