Last visit was: 02 May 2024, 15:57 It is currently 02 May 2024, 15:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Has anyone from India (who is currently residing in India) received an interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Send PM
Pulkitv wrote:
Has anyone from India (who is currently residing in India) received an interview invite?

I haven't. Although I spent 2 days completely depressed that interview invites are going out and I haven't got one yet! Stay strong - 4 more weeks to go and I caught up with some Indian alumni who told me that they only received theirs a month after submission.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 119
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
WE:Law (Consulting)
Send PM
iissosmarts wrote:
Submitted!!!

Ok, question:

I haven't received an e-mail confirmation from the school saying that the application has been 'submitted'. I just checked my application again on the site and it says 'submitted', but I haven't received an email confirmation from the school which is weird because the other schools do it and someone on this thread said he did!!! Does it take some time after you've submitted your application to receive an e-mail from the school confirming the submission for round 1? Or I'm being a paranoid idiot?

Hey a general question - so as stated in my previous post, I never got a confirmation e-mail from the school saying that my application was accepted for Round 1 (though I contacted Ad Com to make sure they did and they say they did). Did you guys ever get e-mails from the school when your recommenders submitted the LoRs? Because I didn't (even though they did submit the LoRs). And now my concern is that I'm not getting the damn e-mails from Ad Com and I've checked my Spam/Junk folder, and checked to see if the e-mail address is blocked, and when I log onto Kellogg's application portal, there is no information on the status on interview, which I have seen on some of the other schools' site. Once you get an interview invite/waiver, can you see it on the application portal?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [1]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
iissosmarts wrote:
iissosmarts wrote:
Submitted!!!

Ok, question:

I haven't received an e-mail confirmation from the school saying that the application has been 'submitted'. I just checked my application again on the site and it says 'submitted', but I haven't received an email confirmation from the school which is weird because the other schools do it and someone on this thread said he did!!! Does it take some time after you've submitted your application to receive an e-mail from the school confirming the submission for round 1? Or I'm being a paranoid idiot?

Hey a general question - so as stated in my previous post, I never got a confirmation e-mail from the school saying that my application was accepted for Round 1 (though I contacted Ad Com to make sure they did and they say they did). Did you guys ever get e-mails from the school when your recommenders submitted the LoRs? Because I didn't (even though they did submit the LoRs). And now my concern is that I'm not getting the damn e-mails from Ad Com and I've checked my Spam/Junk folder, and checked to see if the e-mail address is blocked, and when I log onto Kellogg's application portal, there is no information on the status on interview, which I have seen on some of the other schools' site. Once you get an interview invite/waiver, can you see it on the application portal?

You can take a look at the status of your application materials by logging into your application page and navigating to application checklist. I have attached mine as a reference. You can then clearly see when did Kellogg receive the application materials.
Attachments

10-01-15 9-41-52 AM.jpg
10-01-15 9-41-52 AM.jpg [ 141.63 KiB | Viewed 6005 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Kudos
iissosmarts wrote:
iissosmarts wrote:
Submitted!!!

Ok, question:

Hey, they dont mention the invite to interview on the portal
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone already had their interview? I was pretty surprised at how quickly they sent the invites out, and since they interview most (if not all) people, I wouldn't worry too much if you didnt get yours yet, as some others have already mentioned. I submitted application on 9/22 and video essay on 9/28, and received the invite for interview on 9/29.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 119
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
WE:Law (Consulting)
Send PM
Engr2012 wrote:
iissosmarts wrote:
iissosmarts wrote:
Submitted!!!

Ok, question:

You can take a look at the status of your application materials by logging into your application page and navigating to application checklist. I have attached mine as a reference. You can then clearly see when did Kellogg receive the application materials.

Thanks! I have the same status on the portal but I was wondering if there is a segment for the interview.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Send PM
iissosmarts wrote:

Thanks! I have the same status on the portal but I was wondering if there is a segment for the interview.

No. I got the interview notification via email. Give it a few more days as Kellogg inteviews almost all.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Choosing the Kellogg One-Year MBA program

Amrit Chavada, far left, takes time to relax with some of her One-Year MBA classmates.

By Amrit Chavada

It’s been three months since the Kellogg One-Year MBA class of 2016 stepped onto the Evanston campus, and it has been an intense and fun experience.

After spending a summer taking core classes together on campus, we joined the incoming two-year MBA class for KWEST across various locations around the world. An important part of the KWEST tradition is that participants are not allowed to reveal information about their past. There were other fellow 1Y students on our trips, and having spent the summer together, we already knew each other. It was great fun pretending to not know each other and have our KWEST groups think we were a part of the incoming Two-Year batch!

After a short break, we just resumed our fall quarter classes in Evanston and will now be taking various electives depending on our individual interests and goals.

It was a little over a year ago when I was researching about one-year MBA programs. While you may have various professional and personal reasons for choosing a one-year or two-year MBA, here are some of the unique features of Kellogg’s One-Year MBA program that may be considered while trying to navigate though the decision.

Size of the class

The class is divided into two sections, and we each take core classes together. However, since the class is aware of the fact we have limited time together, we make the most of this time with the number of activities we do as a group. From catching up with people over informal lunches to taking weekend trips together, there are ways to interact with almost everyone on a one-on-one basis, which makes for a fabulous experience. Coming back to Kellogg after KWEST and the summer break, classmates met at the Jacobs Center like long-lost friends (even though we had barely spent three weeks apart). The fact that we are a relatively smaller class has definitely contributed to this camaraderie.

Interaction with the Kellogg community

As a one-year class starting over the summer, we had a chance to interact with MMM students who also start out during the same time frame. During the MBA admissions process, we connected with many of the incoming two-year students in various cities across the world through informal meetings and Kellogg-hosted events (including Day at Kellogg). Through KWEST, we continued to form relationships not only with the incoming class, but also the current second-year students. Additionally, the Kellogg alumni network is always accessible for informational or meaningful conversations. These past few months have enabled us to connect with a culturally and professionally diverse set of people.

Quality faculty interaction

Over the summer, we had some world-class Kellogg faculty members on campus with us, and we got to spend time with them as they shared their experiences with us in class, over lunches and in informal sessions. Some students started work on an independent project with a faculty member while others chose to take professional and personal development advice from them.

Additionally, as 1Ys, we are inundated with opportunities for leadership roles, extracurricular activities and professional development options. For example, an entrepreneurial one-year student could choose to use the resources available and develop a startup idea. If one wanted to learn more about international business, there are opportunities to do meaningful projects in various geographies across the globe. From consulting projects with local businesses to other real world applications of concepts learned in class, the options are endless.

Making the most of these opportunities is what makes for a very exciting action-packed one-year journey!

Amrit Chavada is a student in Kellogg’s One-Year MBA Program. Prior to Kellogg she worked in various brand management, business development and marketing roles in retail, telecom as well as a startup. She is from Mumbai, India.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: 1Y, culture, faculty, kwest, One-year, One-Year MBA Program, Two-Year MBA Program
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [3]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
Just had my interview with an alumnus. Questions were very predictable- nothing different from a behavioral-based job interview.
- walk me through your resume
- tell me about a leadership experience
- tell me about your approach to teamwork
- tell me about a feedback you received and how you have incorporated that
- why MBA and why now
- why kellogg
- what do you hope to be involved in outside of classroom while at kellogg
- what do you think you can bring to kellogg

it lasted about half an hour including my time to ask him questions. it was very laid-back but i still wore a suit and the interviewer turned up in jeans and a plaid shirt haha. didn't hurt to overdress i guess. good luck everybody!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Send PM
chipmonster wrote:
Just had my interview with an alumnus. Questions were very predictable- nothing different from a behavioral-based job interview.
- walk me through your resume
- tell me about a leadership experience
- tell me about your approach to teamwork
- tell me about a feedback you received and how you have incorporated that
- why MBA and why now
- why kellogg
- what do you hope to be involved in outside of classroom while at kellogg
- what do you think you can bring to kellogg

it lasted about half an hour including my time to ask him questions. it was very laid-back but i still wore a suit and the interviewer turned up in jeans and a plaid shirt haha. didn't hurt to overdress i guess. good luck everybody!

Thank you for providing the information. You can now sit back and relax knowing that your work for Kellogg is done. All the best for the final decision on 16th December.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
I wouldn't worry about interview invites or looking for patterns that do not exist. As a current student I know that kellogg has a very structured process for admissions. Just make the deadlines and use the remainder of your time doing things that relieve stress(not induce more of it !). That said, I am sure y'all gave your absolute best and I hope to see you guys here in Evanston next fall . Oh and by the way, come for DAK if you can. That weekend is so good its sick !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Kudos
Just fyi for people curious - from Bay Area and haven't received any interview email yet. Doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason, so no reason to stress.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Interviewed in Singapore yesterday. Met at the Hyatt coffee shop. Very nice alumna, even paid for my coffee and pastry :) Was extremely encouraging and a great listener. Hope I made an equally good impression. 8-)

No new questions, so won't take up any of the valuable space here. My suggestion is, spend more time on your own profile than Why Kellogg etc. Those things matter, but you won't be asked anything that you haven't answered in your application. In all likelihood, the word count will be even lower. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [0]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Wowbagger wrote:
Interviewed in Singapore yesterday. Met at the Hyatt coffee shop. Very nice alumna, even paid for my coffee and pastry :) Was extremely encouraging and a great listener. Hope I made an equally good impression. 8-)

No new questions, so won't take up any of the valuable space here. My suggestion is, spend more time on your own profile than Why Kellogg etc. Those things matter, but you won't be asked anything that you haven't answered in your application. In all likelihood, the word count will be even lower. Good luck!

Hey Wowbagger,

You post helped me de-stress a bit. Thanks a ton.

I am having a interview tomorrow, hope to do well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
All the best, buddy. I'm sure you'll do great.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.83
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
hi All,

Has anyone conducted his interview via Skype? With whom is it usually done? and what are the questions addressed? I have mine scheduled for next week.

Thanks,
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  58   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts