It is currently 17 Aug 2017, 18:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 142

Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 08:56
jugglerG2 wrote:
Doctorhm wrote:
Congratulations to all those who have received interview invites! Anyone, from India has received an invite for the interview?

I have but I'm currently residing in Singapore.

Hello,

Congrats!

Had you given your location for the interview as Singapore or India? If India, then which city.

Thank you!

Current Student
Status: Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 73

Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 08:57
Doctorhm wrote:
jugglerG2 wrote:
Doctorhm wrote:
Congratulations to all those who have received interview invites! Anyone, from India has received an invite for the interview?

I have but I'm currently residing in Singapore.

Hello,

Congrats!

Had you given your location for the interview as Singapore or India? If India, then which city.

Thank you!

I chose to be interviewed in Singapore as I am here for some time now.

Regards,
J

--------------------------------------------------
Consider Kudos if I helped in some way!!!

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.

Current Student

Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 09:01
Okay. All the best! Let us know how it goes :)

Best,

Harshita.

Current Student
Status: Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.

GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 09:05
Doctorhm wrote:
Okay. All the best! Let us know how it goes :)

Best,

Harshita.

Thanks Harshita.

Regards,
J

--------------------------------------------------
Consider Kudos if I helped in some way!!!

Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.

BSchool Thread Master
B

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 195

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 09:37
Just a reminder for the folks travelling to Evanston, if you haven't booked your hotel, do it as soon as possible. The prices are going up at a crazy rate.
On 29th, I remember seeing best western charging $109 per night for dates in October and now it's $170 :(

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 195

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 120 [0], given: 93

GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE: Accounting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 10:56
Received an invite to schedule Skype interview.

Stay positive! ^.^

My blog - http://www.mbafortech.com

Kudos [?]: 120 [0], given: 93

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 1291 [0], given: 819

Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 10:59
Done with the Video essays:

1. What is the most important trait in a friend?
Started off well, but then blabbered in the middle. I hope I get the interview invite to improve upon :)

ISB Preparation Kit | GMAT Debrief

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kudos [?]: 1291 [0], given: 819

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 0

Meeting a record-breaking group of classmates [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 11:00
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Meeting a record-breaking group of classmates
Photo courtesy of Betsy Ziegler’s Twitter account (@DeanZ_Kellogg)

By Nikita Sunilkumar

It’s a statistic that has floated around since orientation and pre-term, but I think it bears repeating: the Kellogg class of 2017 has a record percentage of female students, and at 43% of an incoming class of 492, those students are poised to make a big impact. I had a chance to feel this impact quite viscerally when I walked into the Allen Center a few weeks ago for the first annual Women’s Welcome Event hosted by the Women’s Business Association (WBA).

All the spectacular diversity among my classmates was on full display. Bright voices and smiles filled the room as greetings were exchanged between old friends and new. Introductions were made among those from vastly different professional and personal backgrounds in a cacophony of accents and languages, and the somber black suits of a stereotypical business meeting were replaced with a riot of color and style.

I would have been hard pressed to find any one characteristic to fully define the group around me, at least until Professor Victoria Medvec stood up to lead us in an exercise. She noted that women often don’t voice their own accomplishments in business settings as often as men do, and challenged each of us to introduce ourselves to the student seated alongside us by emphasizing our unique strengths.

Prof. Medvec, reconvened the group and asked students to highlight their neighbors and share these accomplishments with the whole room. As each student spoke up, it became clear we were all united by a common theme: talent.

Among our ranks we have highly accomplished managers, consultants, bankers, scientists, veterans and other professionals, and each person at that first WBA meeting is someone I can’t wait to get to know better over the next two years. Certainly part of my motivation is wanting to build a strong professional network among my peers, but I’m mostly excited about being around the kind of people I met at the Allen Center that day: friendly, enthusiastic and generous about sharing their successes while promoting and supporting each other.

As the weeks have passed I am happy to say that my initial impressions have only deepened: the Kellogg culture is truly “high impact and low ego,” as promised.

Each new conversation reveals something interesting or admirable about a classmate or a faculty member; questions for information are never ignored and offers to share more are always forthcoming. There is no shortage of inspiration, from second years and the many projects they have undertaken within and outside the Kellogg community, to the faculty and administration, who clearly share a high regard for each other as well as the work that they do.

As the days pass, I find that I hardly notice how many amazing women are part of the Kellogg community, and I’m impressed by that most of all. When so many business and institutions struggle with creating a culture of inclusion, the fact that it seems so effortless at Kellogg is both uplifting and inspiring. I look forward to doing my part in keeping this particular Kellogg ‘tradition’ alive and well for future students.

Kellogg welcomes the dynamic, diverse Class of 2017

Nikita Sunilkumar is a first-year student in Kellogg’s Full-Time Two-Year MBA Program. She is originally from California and worked at The Boeing Company as a Production Engineer before Kellogg. She hopes to transition to a career in Finance after graduation.

Filed under: Academics, Student Life Tagged: diversity, WBA, Women, Women's Business Association Image
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience.

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 24

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Sloan '18 (WA)
GPA: 3.48
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 11:53
MV23 wrote:
Just a reminder for the folks travelling to Evanston, if you haven't booked your hotel, do it as soon as possible. The prices are going up at a crazy rate.
On 29th, I remember seeing best western charging $109 per night for dates in October and now it's $170 :(

Thank you MV23! I totally forget that part!

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 24

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 14

Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 12:34
Don't forget Airbnb, too. Plenty of options on the Purple line for cheap.

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 14

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 21

GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V41

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 13:02
My question-
1. If you could take a year off, what would you do?
2. Same as the one mentioned on the website

Look forward to the interviews now.

Best of luck everyone!

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 21

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 92

GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2015, 17:37
Received a Skype interview invite today! I'm based in the US.

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 92

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE: Information Technology (Venture Capital)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 05:29
Also received an invite for a Skype interview (with adcom) yesterday - a bit of a suprise, as I thought the invites would be issued much later. Now I freaking out a bit, as I have my interview scheduled for the next week already! Guys, does anybody who also got an invite (or still waits for it) want to do mock interviews on Skype?

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 34

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 06:50
UlissDA wrote:
Also received an invite for a Skype interview (with adcom) yesterday - a bit of a suprise, as I thought the invites would be issued much later. Now I freaking out a bit, as I have my interview scheduled for the next week already! Guys, does anybody who also got an invite (or still waits for it) want to do mock interviews on Skype?

Many congratulations! Good you got it so early! You've got the maximum seats to aim at! Very nice and all the best!
When did you submit your application btw? i mean including everything, your video questions and recommendations? Thanks

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 34

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 07:47
Any Indians who got the interview invite?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Current Student

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE: Information Technology (Venture Capital)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 07:56
chesterstreet wrote:
UlissDA wrote:

Many congratulations! Good you got it so early! You've got the maximum seats to aim at! Very nice and all the best!
When did you submit your application btw? i mean including everything, your video questions and recommendations? Thanks

Thank you, Chesterstreet! I submitted my application (incl. recommendations) on September 21st, and completed video essays on September 28th, so it seems Kellogg was really fast to send interview invites.

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 71

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 07:59
My guess is they did a baseline sort of viability/potential and then sent out invites from there.

It would seem those who got interviews thus far are strong candidates on stats.

Expert Post
Math Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 1623 [0], given: 792

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 08:03
TheLostOne wrote:
My guess is they did a baseline sort of viability/potential and then sent out invites from there.

I wouldnt say so as they mention it on their website that they try to interview almost all if not all the applicants.

Thursday with Ron updated list as of July 1st, 2015: http://gmatclub.com/forum/consolidated-thursday-with-ron-list-for-all-the-sections-201006.html#p1544515
Rules for Posting in Quant Forums: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html
Writing Mathematical Formulae in your posts: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html#p1096628
GMATCLUB Math Book: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-book-in-downloadable-pdf-format-130609.html
Everything Related to Inequalities: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-made-easy-206653.html#p1582891
Inequalities tips: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-tips-and-hints-175001.html
Debrief, 650 to 750: http://gmatclub.com/forum/650-to-750-a-10-month-journey-to-the-score-203190.html

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 08:04
Engr2012 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

I wouldnt say so as they mention it on their website that they try to interview almost all if not all the applicants.

I certainly don't doubt they try, but if they know they can't interview everyone it would make sense to interview the strongest, no?

P.S. I don't have an invite yet :-D :lol:

Expert Post
Math Forum Moderator
B

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Kellogg '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2015, 08:07
TheLostOne wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

I certainly don't doubt they try, but if they know they can't interview everyone it would make sense to interview the strongest, no?

P.S. I don't have an invite yet :-D :lol:

You might even get an interview waiver if there are no alumni in your area.

Thursday with Ron updated list as of July 1st, 2015: http://gmatclub.com/forum/consolidated-thursday-with-ron-list-for-all-the-sections-201006.html#p1544515
Rules for Posting in Quant Forums: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html
Writing Mathematical Formulae in your posts: http://gmatclub.com/forum/rules-for-posting-please-read-this-before-posting-133935.html#p1096628
GMATCLUB Math Book: http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-math-book-in-downloadable-pdf-format-130609.html
Everything Related to Inequalities: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-made-easy-206653.html#p1582891
Inequalities tips: http://gmatclub.com/forum/inequalities-tips-and-hints-175001.html
Debrief, 650 to 750: http://gmatclub.com/forum/650-to-750-a-10-month-journey-to-the-score-203190.html

Re: Calling all Kellogg Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!   [#permalink] 30 Sep 2015, 08:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  58    Next  [ 1147 posts ]