Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 23:51 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:51

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Sloan MIT Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
zzhangho wrote:

It seems that adcom has viewed my profile twice... first view was 3 weeks ago and the second one was 2 weeks ago.. but i heard nothing yet!

Another worrisome weekend! YAY.....

How do you know that's adcom? Maybe someone else can view your linkedin in private mode as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
helloschool wrote:
zzhangho wrote:

It seems that adcom has viewed my profile twice... first view was 3 weeks ago and the second one was 2 weeks ago.. but i heard nothing yet!

Another worrisome weekend! YAY.....

How do you know that's adcom? Maybe someone else can view your linkedin in private mode as well.

TBH I wish that is the case!

But I'm not active in linkedin at all.... so typically I do NOT have much profile view...

but good point! Maybe I'm just thinking too much!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: CBS '19 (M)
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
helloschool wrote:
olua wrote:
arjuns247 wrote:
FYI - I just got an additional view on my video. The analytics hasn't updated yet so I can't see where it's from, but I'm guessing it's from the AdCom since it is an unlisted link and I gave it to no one else. They had to have looked at it yesterday, which means they're still reviewing apps - don't lose hope yet!

I just got a view from MA as well. Don't know what that means... well, next week is the last week to find out then

May I ask you two's locations please? Thanks.

I am a Technology Consultant from New York.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GRE 1: Q800 V700
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Should I just give up hope on Sloan if I haven't heard anything? It looks like a lot of people already have received invites...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tche002 wrote:
Should I just give up hope on Sloan if I haven't heard anything? It looks like a lot of people already have received invites...

same here... i have not heard anything yet from Sloan. And there seems no invite today... I still have a little hope for Monday.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Mondays might be waitlists and dings
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ashishkaushal wrote:

But they said the "week of Nov 9", not "Nov 9",right?
so every day of next week might be the last day.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ashishkaushal wrote:

I'm not denying that possibility. So I see some people have updated their profile with ding... is it coming from actual ding or hopeless assumption?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Its the fiinaalll countdownnn.... la laa laaa.. la la laa laaaa...... We're heading for Venus (Venus)............. Haha sorry folks.... couldnt help being goofy! too much stress waiting!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
zzhangho wrote:
ashishkaushal wrote:

I'm not denying that possibility. So I see some people have updated their profile with ding... is it coming from actual ding or hopeless assumption?

Its hopeless assumption. Somebody would have posted if they got rejected. While I'll admit that I don't feel great about my chances at this point, I really don't understand the loser/apathetic mentality some people on this forum have.

The admissions committee said they would send out invites up until next week. If they were finished sending invites this week they would say so, they have no reason to prolong the ding process and make us wait.

I'd be willing to bet that they release some invites next week, probably not too many. Just have to wait until official decision or announcement is made. Be patient, hope for the best.

One question I have, does anybody know if Sloan puts people on waitlist if they are not invited to interview? Or is it Interview invite or ding?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Kudos
stephenhingston wrote:

Its hopeless assumption. Somebody would have posted if they got rejected. While I'll admit that I don't feel great about my chances at this point, I really don't understand the loser/apathetic mentality some people on this forum have.

The admissions committee said they would send out invites up until next week. If they were finished sending invites this week they would say so, they have no reason to prolong the ding process and make us wait.

I'd be willing to bet that they release some invites next week, probably not too many. Just have to wait until official decision or announcement is made. Be patient, hope for the best.

One question I have, does anybody know if Sloan puts people on waitlist if they are not invited to interview? Or is it Interview invite or ding?

You might get on the waitlist. Some people will be invited to interview, some people will have direct ding, some W/L with interview and some directly W/L. This direct waitlist is even more painful. As they said in one of their events, if you opt for round 1, your application will have more shelf time. You will be evaluated with R2 candidates if it is a direct W/L for getting an interview invite and the W/L with interview guys will be evaluated in R2 for final decision.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE:Engineering (Consumer Products)
Send PM
etch1516 wrote:
stephenhingston wrote:

You might get on the waitlist. Some people will be invited to interview, some people will have direct ding, some W/L with interview and some directly W/L. This direct waitlist is even more painful. As they said in one of their events, if you opt for round 1, your application will have more shelf time. You will be evaluated with R2 candidates if it is a direct W/L for getting an interview invite and the W/L with interview guys will be evaluated in R2 for final decision.

Thanks. I'll definitely take a waitlist over a ding.

Getting waitlisted would at least give me the satisfaction that I was better than ~60% of the applicants! :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: CBS '19 (M)
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
arjuns247 wrote:
FYI - I just got an additional view on my video. The analytics hasn't updated yet so I can't see where it's from, but I'm guessing it's from the AdCom since it is an unlisted link and I gave it to no one else. They had to have looked at it yesterday, which means they're still reviewing apps - don't lose hope yet!

I just got a view from MA as well. Don't know what that means... well, next week is the last week to find out then[/quote]

Confirmed that my view was from MA on Thursday, November 5th. They are still looking at apps - I would guess invites go out until middle to end of next week. In fact, they may even push that timeline out - if you look at the status page on your online app, they said that interviews would be in October and November, yet they opened up slots in early December. There may be a chance that they need additional time to review so stay positive regardless of your situation!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
GeeMcGee wrote:
Gbv11 wrote:
Congratulations to the fellow Texans who got invited!
Can you please share how many more Dallas spots are left?

Right now they are all full but others have said that more slots have been added after a city filled up before.

Thank you for the kind words. I am trying to keep a positive outlook.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
GPA: 3.6
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
We invite you to................... Healthcare Club Google Hangout - Join MIT Sloan!

OMG... Sloan started smoking again...lol..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:General Management (Retail Banking)
Send PM
So I get up this morning and see two email from MIT Sloan... One in the primary inbox and one in promotions..
So you can guess how I was feeling..

Turns out the one in the promotions was about health care webinar and the one in primary said "news about Sloan"... Turns out its just their newsletter...

Aaaarrrrggghhh
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TSV1986 wrote:
So I get up this morning and see two email from MIT Sloan... One in the primary inbox and one in promotions..
So you can guess how I was feeling..

Turns out the one in the promotions was about health care webinar and the one in primary said "news about Sloan"... Turns out its just their newsletter...

Aaaarrrrggghhh

You should have aware of that because they won't send out invites on weekend. Lol
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  64   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts