Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 01:11 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.99
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]
harsitgandhi wrote:
Done with my interview for Schulich yesterday...lasted about 30 minutes...Mr. Kanga was patient enough to also answer my queries....fingers crossed...
Does anyone know how much time they normally take before giving the decision???
Again congrats to everyone that has got in and best of luck for the rest who are in the process, like me :-D .

I got my decision at the end of the interview, and a formal email the next morning! But then that was because I asked them for an early decision, as I had a couple of offers from which I had to choose fast.
I know of 3 others who interviewed in end Nov/ mid Dec and got their decisions as soon as the vacation got over. But these were before the R1 deadline. So I would say, take it at about 2-3 weeks, if your interview is already done!Good luck :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]
shyamnambiar wrote:
harsitgandhi wrote:
Done with my interview for Schulich yesterday...lasted about 30 minutes...Mr. Kanga was patient enough to also answer my queries....fingers crossed...
Does anyone know how much time they normally take before giving the decision???
Again congrats to everyone that has got in and best of luck for the rest who are in the process, like me :-D .

I got my decision at the end of the interview, and a formal email the next morning! But then that was because I asked them for an early decision, as I had a couple of offers from which I had to choose fast.
I know of 3 others who interviewed in end Nov/ mid Dec and got their decisions as soon as the vacation got over. But these were before the R1 deadline. So I would say, take it at about 2-3 weeks, if your interview is already done!Good luck :)

Got the acceptance mail from them last night :-D ,
however am confused wrt to scholarships they offer, as they have not given any financial assistance in the offer letter but sent a link for filling up a form for merit based scholarship and bursaries.... so is this separate for everyone who got an invite or its that i have not got scholarship???
Intern
Intern
Send PM
As i am more interested to go into consulting, would like to know of the options available in that field at Schulich. Also I might get accepted also at Desautels (got that feeling during the interview-will know within a week's time) and know that Mckinsey, Bain recruit from there(although for Montreal office), so are consulting options more(or better) at Mcgill....requested to guide cause now am confused as to which to opt for.
Disclaimer: My 1st choice is Toronto city but that is because i have relatives in Mississauga where i can probably stay during the program but that is not a very important factor.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Finally, the wait is over. Got into Schulich.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:

Congrats!!!!!
So gonna join????and what about financial assistance???
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
Submitted the application on 13th Jan and did the video on 14th... wonder how many days will they take to start the application review.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
harsitgandhi wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Congrats!!!!!

Yeah Harsit, looks like I might have to. :) I donot have any other offers at the moment. I am impressed with Schulich as it was the last one I submitted the first one to be interviewed for and the first one I got into. :) a little soft around the corner. :P
No info on the scholarship, awaiting the package, isn't that where we'd get to find out from? Or did you get a note along with the confirmation email?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
Submitted the application on 13th Jan and did the video on 14th... wonder how many days will they take to start the application review.

I completed mine on the 8th of January. Interview was on 18th and got the decision on 20th. Hope that kind of gives you a timeline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
harsitgandhi wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Congrats!!!!!

Yeah Harsit, looks like I might have to. :) I do not have any other offers at the moment. I am impressed with Schulich as it was the last one I submitted the first one to be interviewed for and the first one I got into. :) a little soft around the corner. :P
No info on the scholarship, awaiting the package, isn't that where we'd get to find out from? Or did you get a note along with the confirmation email?

Well, we wont know even from confirmation package, cause as per the reply for my query related to scholarship...was told that all the students would know probably around 1st half of feb....so no note as of right now...
Also...for me the scenario is the same...have just this 1 offer, right now, of the schools applied for...but to be honest except rotman....this was my 2nd choice over sauder and desautels(dont think these 2 are better or even equal to schulich)...and other than these ivey and queens are the only better ones in Canada(part of big 4 b schools in Canada) but they are 1 year program..
so i will also be joining this program....so if possible provide your contact details so we can interact for future process and be able to update ourselves if anything new is there!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
Send PM
From what I've heard, Schulich is good for finance, as is Rotman.
For consulting, Ivey is numero uno followed by Desautels and Rotman
For a general MBA degree, or per se in Marketing/sales etc, I think Sauder will still be atleast equal with any of the top schools.
I have an admit from both and I am still thinking which one to go with.
Please share your insights, if you think what I mentioned is not true..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:

I completed mine on the 8th of January. Interview was on 18th and got the decision on 20th. Hope that kind of gives you a timeline.

If I go by that timeline, I should have been invited for interview by now. :lol:
My application status still says "submitted", So I am not sure what to take of it. May be I will get to hear from them soon.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
pqt wrote:
For a general MBA degree, or per se in Marketing/sales etc, I think Sauder will still be atleast equal with any of the top schools.

You cannot compare Queens and Ivey with the 2-year programmes, the former are up ahead on the list.
Amongst the 2 year programmes, Rotman is right up front.
Schulich is a good programme, but horribly expensive, and stingier on scholarships. The main benefit is proximity to Toronto industry, in which it even betters Queens.
However, what needs to be kept in mind are that Queens etc have reduced their class size due to lesser talent coming in (economic mess). However, from what I see, Schulich is still fixated on filling those 400 seats somewhoe, which may not be a great thing to do in the current market scenario.
That said, which college to join is certainly an individual decision, based on what each person is looking for.
Regarding the scholarship, Schulich seems to require a separate form to be filled online for it. The link to that is available in the offer mail itself. I have got a hard copy too, which is exactly what the mail contains- just on paper!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pqt wrote:

I am a prospective student...so below mentioned views might be not the whole truth, but they are after interactions with few alums, admission directors and extensive spade work on net...
The big 4 in Canada are (Ivey,Queens, Rotman, Schulich...in alphabetical order)
If one has option of Rotman then for finance as well as consulting ...its an excellent bet.
Now Ivey and Queens are 1 year program and Ivey is still the best for consulting and queens is probably best for finance (in Canada).
Then there is Schulich..yes it has excellent placement stats for finance(though 2nd to rotman), it is also very good in ancillary industries(its that they have good options for not just consulting but also marketing, industry,etc.) i.e. balanced career avenues.
So if we compare other schools with Schulich...i.e. Sauder and Desautel then hands down Schulich is considered better than those 2(again thats subjective judgement)
Desautel also has good consulting options but these are specifically for Montreal and as per my interaction, they did place 1-2 students in Mckinsey also, though for Montreal only. But here the question is whether you know french cause without it, eventhough Montreal is bilangual, it would be very difficult to get placement there(though not impossible).

Lastly Sauder is good, in many aspects, but still its location(i.e. outside toronto) and its reputation is not on par with these big-4 (including Schulich).

Hope that helps...Also if my views are not up to the mark...then I would like to know more...so do comment on this!!!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
harsitgandhi wrote:
pqt wrote:

I am a prospective student...so below mentioned views might be not the whole truth, but they are after interactions with few alums, admission directors and extensive spade work on net...
The big 4 in Canada are (Ivey,Queens, Rotman, Schulich...in alphabetical order)
If one has option of Rotman then for finance as well as consulting ...its an excellent bet.
Now Ivey and Queens are 1 year program and Ivey is still the best for consulting and queens is probably best for finance (in Canada).
Then there is Schulich..yes it has excellent placement stats for finance(though 2nd to rotman), it is also very good in ancillary industries(its that they have good options for not just consulting but also marketing, industry,etc.) i.e. balanced career avenues.
So if we compare other schools with Schulich...i.e. Sauder and Desautel then hands down Schulich is considered better than those 2(again thats subjective judgement)
Desautel also has good consulting options but these are specifically for Montreal and as per my interaction, they did place 1-2 students in Mckinsey also, though for Montreal only. But here the question is whether you know french cause without it, eventhough Montreal is bilangual, it would be very difficult to get placement there(though not impossible).

Lastly Sauder is good, in many aspects, but still its location(i.e. outside toronto) and its reputation is not on par with these big-4 (including Schulich).

Hope that helps...Also if my views are not up to the mark...then I would like to know more...so do comment on this!!!!!!

Hi Harshit,

Just wanted to voice out my opinion on this topic. First and foremost, you can't go wrong with Rotman, Ivey, Queens, Desautels, Schulich, and Sauder. These are world class business schools although they don't feature quite high in the rankings. In my decision process, I didn't even consider business school rankings as a factor. I believe ROI, post-MBA industry and functional area, location etc. are few factors which are quite important.

The reason why I didn't apply to Schulich is because of its reputation compared to other business schools (admits without interviews etc.), few cases of crime around campus, very large class size which has many Asians (class diversity factor) and few statistics such as https://www.excal.on.ca/schulich-school- ... m-top-100/. For Desautels, although it is beneficial if you know french to find a job in Montreal, I can still find a lot of its alumni working in Toronto, Vancouver, and outside Canada. With McGill University's strong brand name behind Desautels, I can't believe that employers in Toronto will turn down their resume just because they're based out of Montreal or from McGill.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Shyamnambiar, Harsitgandhi, Kunalv21 - thank you for the well researched clear views. Helps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Done with the interview today-lasted for 18 mins- went okay-
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Nonprofit
GPA: 3.7
WE:Research (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Hey Everyone,

I've been invited to interview on the 27th I'm going to go in person as I live in Toronto.
Is anyone else applying to the part-time program?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts