It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 07:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Affiliations: PMI

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 103

Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE: Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 21:38
rachitarora wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:
rachitarora wrote:
Hi Guys,

I am going to apply for September Intake.690 gmat,IT Consulting, B&F Domain,8 years experience,Indian. Two quick questions
1) What is the full fees of FT MBA?
2) Do Indians require IELTS/TOEFL? All my schooling, graduation is in English.

1. Fee can be found here: http://schulich.yorku.ca/client/schulic ... enDocument
2. I think we do, as we are not an majorly English speaking country (we might very well be). Best to write to Schulich AdCom to get an official answer.

Regards,
Vijay G

Thanks Vijay, I send them queries yesterday but office seems to be close till 4th Jan. Anyone already applied in this forum can please help me to get the answer regarding TOEFL/IELTS? I am worried, if required I wont be able to apply in 1st round.

Rachit you can go ahead without a language test if your education was in English.
The fees is CAD 89000 plus another 5k for books. Living expenses is about 1500$ if single, 2500-3000 if married. Varies depending on your living standards.
Does that answer all your queries?

Current Student

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 21:44
KunalV21 wrote:
Hi everyone,

While I don't whether this is the correct thread to initiate this topic, I'd still like to learn more from you guys.

I'd like to welcome the pros and cons of Schulich with respect to McGill. I believe both are quality business schools of Canada but these points will help us make better decisions.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks,
Kunal

Toronto is better for industry advantage. Montreal is lower on costs.
In general mcgill fees are lower and schol is higher and more available.
Mcgill has a small class, means better attention of faculty and more close knit, but low on experiential learning. The GMAT score required is also not too high to get in, compared to say rotman.
But in Montreal, even though cos will go on endlessly about bilingual, it will be easy to get jobs only if you know French. Period.
Mcgill places even outside Montreal, but then it's your call what factors are important to you off the above.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 12

Show Tags

New post 23 Dec 2015, 22:30
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
shyamnambiar wrote:
Rachit you can go ahead without a language test if your education was in English.
The fees is CAD 89000 plus another 5k for books. Living expenses is about 1500$ if single, 2500-3000 if married. Varies depending on your living standards.
Does that answer all your queries?

Thanks a lot Shyam, It indeed answer all my questions. Will keep you all posted my experiences.

Kudos [?]: 3 [1], given: 12

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 07:20
Anyone here whose application has been reviewed or got an interview call? :?:

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 6

GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 08:42
parthm92 wrote:

Got an interview call from Imran Kanga yesterday. Interview is scheduled for tomorrow.

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 6

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2016, 22:57
aakashbaweja wrote:
parthm92 wrote:

Got an interview call from Imran Kanga yesterday. Interview is scheduled for tomorrow.

Congratulations and all the best. Let us know how it goes. I am yet to complete the video essays, it's been weeks since I got the link. :( somehow not able to pick myself up to do it. :/

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Concentration: International Business, General Management
GPA: 4
WE: Project Management (Telecommunications)
Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 09:16
I just got done with my interview today.

Vijay, get done with your video essay. Since they are back from Holidays now, they must be picking applications now.

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 21:32
nb06 wrote:
I just got done with my interview today.

Vijay, get done with your video essay. Since they are back from Holidays now, they must be picking applications now.

Hope it went well nb06. Yeah, thanks, will do it today.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2016, 22:59
VijayG6387 wrote:
aakashbaweja wrote:
parthm92 wrote:

Congratulations and all the best. Let us know how it goes. I am yet to complete the video essays, it's been weeks since I got the link. :( somehow not able to pick myself up to do it. :/

Hi vijay

I was about to complete my application.. but i dont see any video essay :shock: Could u please guide me what exactly am i missing or whats not right? :? :oops:

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2016, 10:50
parthm92 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Hi vijay

I was about to complete my application.. but i dont see any video essay :shock: Could u please guide me what exactly am i missing or whats not right? :? :oops:

Hey buddy, you get a separate email with the link once you complete your application. So go ahead and submit it and you should get the link. :) All the very best.

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2016, 10:55
Your worst fears almost always come true! :/ I am pretty certain I screwed up in the video essays. :)
Brain froze and I ended up blurting unoriginal answers with a lot of 'uhhs' and 'umms' in between. Was quite fast for a few seconds and repeated a few statements again, and again.. :/

:stupid :stupid :beat

Uh.. It's amazing how your brain resumes afterwards and points everything out to you. crap. :shock:

Current Student

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2016, 10:33
VijayG6387 wrote:
Your worst fears almost always come true! :/ I am pretty certain I screwed up in the video essays. :)
Brain froze and I ended up blurting unoriginal answers with a lot of 'uhhs' and 'umms' in between. Was quite fast for a few seconds and repeated a few statements again, and again.. :/

:stupid :stupid :beat

Uh.. It's amazing how your brain resumes afterwards and points everything out to you. crap. :shock:

Keep your hand on your heart and say "aal eej well, aal eej well" :)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2016, 11:58
Hi frens, if you guys can help me with the questions below, it would be great,ignore if the questions look silly
1.Do they give ielts waiver
2.Is the scanned copy of gmat score good enough before they actually , or we must send the official gmat scire to them and then
they will start reviewing

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2016, 21:04
bissaggy wrote:
Hi frens, if you guys can help me with the questions below, it would be great,ignore if the questions look silly
1.Do they give ielts waiver
2.Is the scanned copy of gmat score good enough before they actually , or we must send the official gmat scire to them and then
they will start reviewing

No question is silly bissaggy, we are all here to help so :)..

1. I think so from some of the previous responses on this thread and a few others. As long as your Univ degree states that your medium of instruction was English. If not you could a certificate from your University stating the same. I wrote it just to strengthen my profile as my UG scores were bloody horrible and I didn't want to look like someone who couldn't cope up with the lectures. :P So please go ahead and apply.

2. A scanned test takers copy of GMAT is absolutely fine until you get an admit. You are expected to submit them however, so you can parallel process if you are confident you'll get through as it will save some time. I did it as I wanted them to think I was seriously considering them, but not sure if it really helped. :)
All the very best!

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 72

Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.47
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2016, 22:10
Hi All,

Is it too late now to apply with only 3 days left. I have been applying to few other colleges so I have some material ready in so far as what the short term and long term goal related questions.

can anybody tell me what are the application questions?

I guess only recommendations is a bit doubtful...Will the admissions team consider in case i submit the application over the weekend instead of Jan 15.

Vijay

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 72

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 01:09
svijayaug12 wrote:
Hi All,

Is it too late now to apply with only 3 days left. I have been applying to few other colleges so I have some material ready in so far as what the short term and long term goal related questions.

can anybody tell me what are the application questions?

I guess only recommendations is a bit doubtful...Will the admissions team consider in case i submit the application over the weekend instead of Jan 15.

Vijay

The deadlines are meant to be more of a cutoff I think. As far as I know this is not the final deadline for international applicants. So, yes your application will still be reviewed, but technically under R3 I guess. There are two mandatory and 1 optional essay.

Essay #1
How will the Schulich MBA degree help you achieve your short and long-term career goals? (please limit your answer to 350 words.)

Essay #2
Describe a time when you were faced with an ethical dilemma. What strategies did you use to resolve the issue? What would you have done differently if faced with a similar situation? (please limit your answer to 350 words.)

Essay #3 OPTIONAL
Is there any other information or areas of concern in your academic or personal history that you believe would be helpful to the Admissions Committee in considering your application?

Regards
Vijay G

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 10:06
VijayG6387 wrote:
parthm92 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Hi vijay

Hey buddy, you get a separate email with the link once you complete your application. So go ahead and submit it and you should get the link. :) All the very best.

Hey vijay,

I submitted my complete application in the morning today, but I haven't got any (video)link yet. Could u please shed some light when did u get it.. as in after how many hours or days? TIA

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 10:43
parthm92 wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Hey vijay,

I submitted my complete application in the morning today, but I haven't got any (video)link yet. Could u please shed some light when did u get it.. as in after how many hours or days? TIA

I seem to have got it 5-6 hours after I submitted the application. May be it is manually triggered, and as you submitted it this morning you may have to factor in the time difference. You'll get it. If you don't until tomorrow, then better shoot an email to the adcom. Al the best.

Current Student

Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V40
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 11:18
I took the GMAT on January 5th and haven't received my official score with AWA. The application states that unofficial scores are ok for now but when I press Check Your Application, one of the components that it tells me is missing is the AWA score.

Should I put 0 in that box and submit or will I not be able to submit if the official score doesn't arrive before Friday?

BSchool Forum Moderator
B

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2016, 12:01
edwin444pr wrote:
I took the GMAT on January 5th and haven't received my official score with AWA. The application states that unofficial scores are ok for now but when I press Check Your Application, one of the components that it tells me is missing is the AWA score.

Should I put 0 in that box and submit or will I not be able to submit if the official score doesn't arrive before Friday?

If I were you I'd do that. Please by all means submit the application. You could very well change the data later by writing to the adcom. I am sure corrections would be allowed.
Also in my opinion AWA is not a deal breaker unless your English is poor, which I do not think it is from your query above. All the very best.

Re: Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2016, 12:01

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  16    Next  [ 301 posts ] 

Calling all Schulich (York) Fall Applicants: September 2016 Intake!!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aerien, BrushMyQuant

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap