Last visit was: 03 May 2024, 19:26 It is currently 03 May 2024, 19:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [3]
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
someone1 wrote:
endysng wrote:
someone1 wrote:
I'm not sure how the rolling admission really works (First come first serve? or first to be reviewed?)

I finished my application on Jan 30 around 12am Eastern Time, got an interview notice by February 4.

At the time, it seemed to be a really quick and efficient process

I applied on the same day but no news as of now.
I guess it depends on the volume of applications from your region - are you from a country where no of applicants are few?

I am actually holding a citizenship of a country from the ASEAN region.

But i've been at the States for a little bit close to 10 years now

That could be the reason.

One of my colleague and I applied on the same day.

Don't want to sound arrogant but I have a better GMAT score(almost 90%tile in both), more international work experience (have worked in 4 different countries!), better essays (we have reviewed each other essays) and a higher salary (may be too high as it much more than NUS's average outgoing salary) compared to him but still have not received any interview call.

He got it y day.

The only difference is that I am an Indian working in Singapore, and He is from a different country.

Sometimes I wonder why the heck we complain so much about reservation in higher education in India. I guess most institutes in the world are doing so - not in the name of reservation but the name of the diversified class. Mind you I am not against the selection process; I just find both are similar but just different in nomenclature!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all NUS Singapore Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
shri1987 wrote:
Hi,

I applied on 15th Jan, 2016. Can anyone pls let me know till when can I expect any intimation regd. the interview (rejected or shortlisted). Also I'm assuming I will getting the same on my email id.

Thnks.

The only person who can tell you the exact situation would be someone from the ADCOM.
However, I can tell you from my experience that you need not worry yet.
I submitted my application on the 31st of January last year and received the interview invite on March 4th.
So you still have a lot of time.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
I have submitted my application on 28th Dec. I have not got any intimation from NUS team will now. Do you guys think I still have chances. Can you comment ?? Shall I drop a mail to Adcom. Will that be a good idea ??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Soka wrote:
I have submitted my application on 28th Dec. I have not got any intimation from NUS team will now. Do you guys think I still have chances. Can you comment ?? Shall I drop a mail to Adcom. Will that be a good idea ??

Yes no harm doing that!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Have you got the interview call ??
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Rejected ! huge disappointment
Is NUS going to admit anyone this year or not !
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Schools: XLRI NTU '17
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
When did u applied and u recd mail today?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
hss0505 wrote:
When did u applied and u recd mail today?

I applied on 28th dec, Got an interview invite on 15th Jan, interviewed by 2 alumni on 28th.
Yes, Today I got a mail from the Adcom. :cry:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Yesterday attended NUS's Asia webinar. It is one of the BEST, I have attended so far. The school is quite upfront in answering all your questions, which I liked. There is no point in giving Vogue/politically correct answers.

Below are the key takeaways - may be a bit exaggerated

Q. Though NUS is one of the best b-schools, it's Avg GMAT is quite low (658)
Ans :
We like to maintain a diversified class (as this is news or not said by any other b-school). So, we focus on many other criteria and GMAT is just one of them. Anything more than 650 is good?

Q. really?
Ans :
Not actually, if you are an Indian, then don't bother to apply if your GMAT is less than 700 (though we don't have any application fee, you would be kind wasting your time & energy).
That does not mean we 'll call you for an interview if score more than 700.
For Indian, 700-730 is a decent score.
If you got 730+, then we 'll have a good look at your application

Q. What is the lead time from application to interview call
Ans :
The first sentence was something like
If you are brilliant, you can expect it in a week. Others, please wait for a month or two

Q. How to know more about the school
Ans :
You are always welcome to visit the school and attend a class.

Q. Course duration
Ans :
Though the website mentions the duration as 16 months, It's flexible. You can complete it in 12 months or can take up to 24 months.

Q. FT/PT
Ans:
Yes, we allow FT to PT and PT to FT conversion. But, only once!

Q. How the selection process has changed over the year
Ans : A lot. I guess there would be many/few who were selected 5 years back might not get a chance now

There were around 40+ attendees. I was impressed with the way it was conducted and the way the straight forward answers were given.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hey guys,

I got an admit today. For all those wondering, the deadline to deposit 8000 SGD is really really small. I have to submit it by 29th Feb. If you have any questions, let me know. I will be happy to answer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Ur profile and r u indian candidate
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am from Pakistan. GRE = 317, GPA = 3.78, WE = 2 years, in a family business (i thank that is what made me interesting for them). Applied on 27th Jan. Got interview email on 4th Feb for interview on 17th Feb. Interview was really really small, only for 13 minutes. Very basic questions in the interview, literally 4 questions only. I knew then that either they had already decided to admit or reject me. I was lucky it was the former :) got the admit email today just 2 days after the interview.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Schools: XLRI NTU '17
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Please share the questions u were aske
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ThEY asked me about my family business and the two startups that I had mentioned in my CV, followed by what does my father think about my decision to purse an MBA and leave the family business. He then asked why I wanted to do management consultancy before starting up my own business. Lastly they asked me about strengths and weaknesses.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
husnainramay wrote:
I am from Pakistan. GRE = 317, GPA = 3.78, WE = 2 years, in a family business (i thank that is what made me interesting for them). Applied on 27th Jan. Got interview email on 4th Feb for interview on 17th Feb. Interview was really really small, only for 13 minutes. Very basic questions in the interview, literally 4 questions only. I knew then that either they had already decided to admit or reject me. I was lucky it was the former :) got the admit email today just 2 days after the interview.

Great Congrats!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
minion wrote:
Ur profile and r u indian candidate

Indian Nus with GRE 317..huhu! (no offence meant | the ad-com has already clarified the competition from Indians applicants )

Got to be exceptional: may be an Olympic medalist
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I entered two person's details as referee. and assigned them as referee.
Their submission status is showing as pending.
However none of them received any link or email on their official email id i have provided in application.

Did anyone face similar issue ?
I am applying to MSBA not MBA but i think admission portal is same. So just needed some info about this issue if anyone has faced

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  18   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6925 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts