Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 18:17 It is currently 06 May 2024, 18:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [3]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1137 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman Accepted Students: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
I am Joseph Alexander, an Indian male with 5 years experience. Have lived in multiple cities in India and am currently in Bangalore.

I am a commerce graduate, Chartered Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor and Six Sigma Black Belt.

I have been working in audit and process improvement roles across industries, functions and my 2 failed start ups. I look forward to gain a strong business foundation and look at business problems holistically. Keen in working in the strategy and operations team of Deloitte or a similar role post MBA.

Who's next? :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 600 Q36 V36
GMAT 2: 620 Q44 V33
WE:Other (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman Accepted Students: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
AdmitJA wrote:
I am Joseph Alexander, an Indian male with 5 years experience. Have lived in multiple cities in India and am currently in Bangalore.

I am a commerce graduate, Chartered Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor and Six Sigma Black Belt.

I have been working in audit and process improvement roles across industries, functions and my 2 failed start ups. I look forward to gain a strong business foundation and look at business problems holistically. Keen in working in the strategy and operations team of Deloitte or a similar role post MBA.

Who's next? :)

Seems we are coming from similar backgrounds and also have similar post MBA goals including the firm. :-D
Do you know if Deloitte also places emphasis on GMAT scores like MBB?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Guys,

Although I haven't posted much, I have keenly been following this as well as the 2016 intake group. I got accepted yesterday with a scholarship of $ 10K. Was wondering what are the finance options other Indian students are looking at.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
banerji10 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Although I haven't posted much, I have keenly been following this as well as the 2016 intake group. I got accepted yesterday with a scholarship of $ 10K. Was wondering what are the finance options other Indian students are looking at.

Congrats. I hope the other indians on the forum can help with your question. Have you contacted Prodigy Finance? You could also get more details of loans available to international students from the school.

International Loans
All international students admitted to the Full-Time MBA program are eligible to apply for a loan with the Bank of Montreal (BMO) or the Royal Bank of Canada (RBC) as part of the Rotman Professional Student Loan Plans. International students will be considered with a qualified Canadian resident co-signer or cash collateral.

International students can also be considered for a non-cosigned BMO loan for up to 100% of their program tuition fees with a Standby Letter of Credit issued from any BMO-approved bank in the student’s home country. With a Standby Letter of Credit, the bank in the student’s home country guarantees to pay the BMO loan amount should the student end up not re-paying it. The bank will then collect from the student the amount it pays to BMO.

International students are also eligible to apply for a non-cosigned loan from Prodigy Finance. Although Rotman has no formal agreement in place, this firm has indicated a willingness to entertain loans up to the entire tuition fee for international students attending Rotman. Please note that these loans are governed by Prodigy Finance, and all decisions regarding approval and eligibility are made by Prodigy Finance.

In addition, many countries provide loans or scholarships specific to their citizens. View a list of funding options for international students. The Rotman School does not guarantee, co-sign, nor endorse any of these specific programs for funding.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Economics, Finance
Send PM
Rejected by Rotman. Gmat - 690. More than 4 years of work experience in M&A advisory with Big 4.
Interview went amazingly well. Dont know what they were looking for :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
dseian88 wrote:
Rejected by Rotman. Gmat - 690. More than 4 years of work experience in M&A advisory with Big 4.
Interview went amazingly well. Dont know what they were looking for :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So sorry about your ding.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
This thread is too quiet. AdmitJA where are you? All admitted students, it would be nice if you guys updated here.
Have you accepted the offer and paid your deposit?
Are you moving with your families?
What housing options are you looking at?
Have you been able to get more information about financing?

I know there's a https://gmatclub.com/chat group but it would be nice to share information here also.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone, I'm a software developer focusing on cloud applications, working in Vancouver for about 4 year. I already did my GMAT and got 680. I'm applying to Round 2. Any advice on video interview questions and timed response? Any sample question?
Manager
Manager
Status:I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul!!
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V30
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hey guys,

I am Jeet Paricha. Indian male with 7.5yrs of experience as of today. I am working with INFOSYS in the IT sector, and am currently based out of Singapore.

I got an admit mail from Dimitra on 28th Jan. Would love to be a part of the https://gmatclub.com/chat group as well.

I have a lots of questions on ROTMAN which I am trying to get answered. I have posted on two different threads, but I am yet to get a reply. Have all of you decided to matriculate? My primary concern is financing. Are you guys exploring just a single source for the entire amount that you need, or exploring multiple sources (SBI + Prodigy + BMO/RBC).

Also, any idea about which is a better option: Prodigy or BMO/RBC in terms of interest rates, T&C etc?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi!
I would like to join the https://gmatclub.com/chat group
Cheers!!

Originally posted by rleifert on 03 Feb 2016, 10:43.
Last edited by rleifert on 09 Mar 2016, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
Hi friends,

My name is Muhammad Ali Pasha and I am from Pakistan. I got my acceptance on 29th January and I am really excited to be a part of this prestigious school.

I have 2.5 years of experience in sales. I started my career with British American Tobacco and then moved on to Nestle as an Area Sales Manager.

Hoping to see you all soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 640 Q42 V37
GMAT 3: 670 Q42 V40
GPA: 3.03
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Pasha737 wrote:
Hi friends,

My name is Muhammad Ali Pasha and I am from Pakistan. I got my acceptance on 29th January and I am really excited to be a part of this prestigious school.

I have 2.5 years of experience in sales. I started my career with British American Tobacco and then moved on to Nestle as an Area Sales Manager.

Hoping to see you all soon.

Congratulations on getting accepted to Rotman's prestigious program, Ali! My interview is tomorrow and I really hope I get in. All the best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.93
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Created an account to post here - but I'm happy as well to say I've been accepted to Rotman, though as part of the JD/MBA program, so wouldn't be starting the MBA component until Fall 2017 :)

Background is in business, ~2 yrs experience, no GMAT and a strong GPA w/ good references.

Congrats to all!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Got a call today to say im in!! Cant wait to start meeting my new classmates are there any Rotman 2018 https://gmatclub.com/chat groups active?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Test

Originally posted by nave13579 on 26 Feb 2016, 12:35.
Last edited by nave13579 on 08 Nov 2018, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.85
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
nave13579 wrote:
Got my offer this week!

Does anyone know how long admits have to pay their deposit?

Also, is an offer 100% secure? I have an interview tomorrow at a school I would not pick over Rotman, but wonder if instead of withdrawing, I should not withdraw and do the interview as an insurance policy. Any insight? I don't think Rotman can rescind, but I want to be sure.

You have 30 days from when you got the offer to pay the deposit and secure your place on the programme as I understand it. However, you can ask for an extension as someone did from the Rotman 2018 applicants thread (she said it was eventually granted).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
is there an active https://gmatclub.com/chat group for admitted students? if so, then please add me. :)

My Number: +919953736737
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6922 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts