Last visit was: 07 Jun 2024, 13:26 It is currently 07 Jun 2024, 13:26
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1   2   3   4  ...  34   
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1435 [0]
Given Kudos: 575
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73516 [0]
Given Kudos: 19076
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
There is a chat coming up on the 13th. Perhaps someone can ask the question

https://www.chicagobooth.edu/programs/fu ... 13-landing

Sent from my Nexus 5X using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3635 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
bb wrote:
There is a part in the booth application that says "number of times you received a full GMAT score"

What is the consensus on this position?
What if an applicant has taken the GMAT 4 times and has canceled 3 of their scores after seeing them and only kept 1?
Is the answer 4 or is it 1?

My take is that
1. This is an interesting question and somewhat odd
2. Booth is asking about how many full GMAT scores we have received, not how many times we have taken the GMAT, so this must refer to a full score of GMAT + AWA more likely than not?
3. If they wanted to know info about how many times we have taken the GMAT and how many records we have they could look at the score report but then are also asking to self-report the scores, so perhaps they are asking to self-report this too?

My conclusion at the moment that for the above scenario, it should be "1" as the answer. Any other perspectives?

bb , this is what I got from Booth's admissions office as a reply to my email, using your questions:

"We will only receive your highest scores for the GMAT, however there is a section in the application that inquires how many times you have taken the GMAT, so please provide the number of times that you have taken the GMAT in that section of the application."

Thus, even though the score report sent to Booth will mention the 1 score (the one you will not have cancelled), they still want you to honestly mention how many total attempts have you had at GMAT, which will be 4 for your question.

It is weird though. Booth is counting on the honesty of the applicants.

Good luck to all for the applications.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks! I think they have to ask this/rely on honesty because now GMAC has stopped reporting canceled scores/attempts.
I am confused, though, why they would want to know this information.... I think they should just assume everyone took the GMAT a few times - not sure what difference it makes if someone took it 1 time vs. 3... odd, and yes, it is down to honesty.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.86
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
In for round 1. Does anyone know if you can visit in the summer on days other than the Mondays they have listed on the site? I'm going on a Friday to a Kellogg event and would like to take advantage while I'm there (only there for a couple of days). Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Student Stories: Meet Deepti Jodhawat

Rising second year student Deepti Jodhawat was working as an
investment banker in London when she decided to make the move to Chicago to
earn her MBA. Looking to relocate from one big city to another, Deepti knew
that she wanted to live right in the heart of downtown Chicago. She immediately
found herself part of a dynamic and tight knit community of new Booth friends—and
supporters—who encouraged her to take chances and to push limits beyond what
she imagined. It was Booth’s supportive environment that helped Deepti develop
the confidence to test new boundaries and take on new leadership roles,
including a fintech internship in Seattle at Amazon for the summer.

Watch Student Stories: Deepti
Jodhawat 

Check back later this summer for more from our students at tech
internships on the West Coast.  -->-->

Interested in hearing other Booth stories? See our latest videos here.  -->-->

Best,

Kate
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
I am having this weird issue and wondering if any of you guys encounter it too. In the Family section, I have filled in everything (including the spouse section, which I put NA for everything because I am single), but the Review section keeps saying that it detects missing information in the Family section.

Does anyone have this issue also?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
FYI Booth dean is leaving for Hopkins -- https://poetsandquants.com/2016/07/15/bo ... n-hopkins/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
quy555888 wrote:
I am having this weird issue and wondering if any of you guys encounter it too. In the Family section, I have filled in everything (including the spouse section, which I put NA for everything because I am single), but the Review section keeps saying that it detects missing information in the Family section.

I emailed the Booth Admission Team and this is the reply I got. Hope it helps anyone who got this error too.

"Thank you very much for your email, and I am sorry that you were experiencing technical difficulties with the application. While you may be getting an “error” message saying that you are missing family information, that will not prevent you from submitting your application. The only “errors” that will prevent application submission are the ones in the first section of the review page. Please let me know if you have any further questions, and I hope you have a nice day!"
Send PM
Expert Reply
aerien wrote:
FYI Booth dean is leaving for Hopkins -- https://poetsandquants.com/2016/07/15/bo ... n-hopkins/

Thanks @aerien I am astonished by this.

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Strategist MBAPrepCoach.com
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Gain Access to Female Business Leaders

My colleagues and I are looking forward to representing Chicago Booth at the upcoming Forté Forums, and we hope that many of you will plan to meet us in your city.

What is a Forté Forum?  These are events by the Forté Foundation for women interested in researching or applying to top MBA programs. Forums are being held in 10 U.S. cities in August, in Toronto in September, and in London in October. At each forum event, prospective MBA women will have  an opportunity to meet with representatives from many business schools, as well as hear from a panel of experienced alumnae who are excited to share their knowledge with you.  Chicago Booth’s stellar alumnae volunteers will join us in each city - a great resource for providing you "insight into the student experience.

Chicago Booth is a founding sponsor and proud supporter of the Forté Foundation, whose mission is to increase the number and support of women in MBA programs and positions of business leadership.  This is just one of a number of ways that Chicago Booth supports and encourages talented female candidates through the MBA process. One of the things I love about the Forté Forums is the energy I see and feel from all of the wonderful students I meet.

What are you waiting for? If you haven’t already, please become a member of the Forté Foundation, and gain access to a powerful network of female business leaders.  Then, come out and meet Chicago Booth staff and alumnae at one of the Forté Forums near you!

All the best,

Kim
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Send PM
Expert Reply
quy555888 wrote:
quy555888 wrote:

I emailed the Booth Admission Team and this is the reply I got. Hope it helps anyone who got this error too.

"Thank you very much for your email, and I am sorry that you were experiencing technical difficulties with the application. While you may be getting an “error” message saying that you are missing family information, that will not prevent you from submitting your application. The only “errors” that will prevent application submission are the ones in the first section of the review page. Please let me know if you have any further questions, and I hope you have a nice day!"

I don't have a login in yet to this application, so I don't really know, but it would seem to me that it would be acceptable to leave the spouse information blank, and that putting NA might seem like an error because it's two characters. What I'm saying is I think that it's more than reasonable that that section be blank if it doesn't apply to you. Have you tried to leaving blank and then seeing what happens?
newsBooth wrote:
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Gain Access to Female Business Leaders

My colleagues and I are looking forward to representing Chicago Booth at the upcoming Forté Forums, and we hope that many of you will plan to meet us in your city.

What is a Forté Forum?  These are events by the Forté Foundation for women interested in researching or applying to top MBA programs. Forums are being held in 10 U.S. cities in August, in Toronto in September, and in London in October. At each forum event, prospective MBA women will have  an opportunity to meet with representatives from many business schools, as well as hear from a panel of experienced alumnae who are excited to share their knowledge with you.  Chicago Booth’s stellar alumnae volunteers will join us in each city - a great resource for providing you "insight into the student experience.

Chicago Booth is a founding sponsor and proud supporter of the Forté Foundation, whose mission is to increase the number and support of women in MBA programs and positions of business leadership.  This is just one of a number of ways that Chicago Booth supports and encourages talented female candidates through the MBA process. One of the things I love about the Forté Forums is the energy I see and feel from all of the wonderful students I meet.

What are you waiting for? If you haven’t already, please become a member of the Forté Foundation, and gain access to a powerful network of female business leaders.  Then, come out and meet Chicago Booth staff and alumnae at one of the Forté Forums near you!

All the best,

Kim

Farrell Dyan Hehn, MBA
Admissions Consultant & Verbal Strategist MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
quy555888 wrote:
quy555888 wrote:

I don't have a login in yet to this application, so I don't really know, but it would seem to me that it would be acceptable to leave the spouse information blank, and that putting NA might seem like an error because it's two characters. What I'm saying is I think that it's more than reasonable that that section be blank if it doesn't apply to you. Have you tried to leaving blank and then seeing what happens?

Yeah, I tried everything including leaving the spouse section blank before emailing them and the error didn't go away. But based on their response, it should not be an issue then
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Alumni Stories: Meet Anna Pione, ’15

The next stop on our Alumni Stories video series was McKinsey in New York, where we spoke with Anna Pione, ’15, about how Chicago Booth prepared her to make an impression with top consulting firms. She talks about the way Career Services helped her think beyond the idea of professional success to how she can find personal satisfaction in her career. In addition to working with career coaches from Booth’s top-ranked Career Services department, the pay-it-forward nature of our second-year students turned prepping for interviews into second nature for Anna. She says all of the support she received throughout the recruiting process allowed her to insightfully reflect on her aspirations to better understand who she is and what she wants for the future.

Watch Alumni Stories: Anna Pione, Associate at McKinsey and Company   

More from our alumni at McKinsey next time as we talk with Florencia Ardissone about how her Booth MBA has made an impact on her career path in consulting.

Best,

Lizzie

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.86
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
In for round 1. Visited campus last Friday and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The campus is much prettier than I imagined and the Booth building is amazing. I am very excited to apply here!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
What are your strategies with the essay this year?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Hello! I am applying in round 1. Right now, I am trying to make sense of the photo essay.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Duke '19 (M)
Send PM
Karol404 wrote:
Right now, I am trying to make sense of the photo essay.

In the same boat. There are so many different strategies for the photo essay - it's hard to get in the ballpark.

One of my friends, currently at Booth, did the photo essay. He had 6 slides, 3 photos on each slide, and a sentence or two under each picture. I've also seen others who wrote novels and packed their slides full of information. Definitely makes it difficult!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4  ...  34   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6957 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts